PDA

View Full Version : The New Thor is a Woman and the New Captain America is Black

Aviator
07-18-2014, 07:39 PM
On the new female Thor and the black Captain America

The superhero story is the story of a mask. Until the mask comes off, the face underneath could be your own.

And now the person under the mask (or the helm, as the case may be) has changed. Marvel this week announced two big changes to its lineup.

Thor is female now – at least, for the foreseeable future. The man we know as Thor has been rejected by his hammer, Mjolnir, and so the hammer is going to be taken up by … a woman. This woman will become Thor, and some people on the Internet are getting pretty Thor about it themselves.

Captain America, too, is undergoing a transition: Steve Rogers won’t be able to wield the shield, and so his African American colleague Sam Wilson will be taking over — for a while, anyway.

Full article here: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/compost/wp/2014/07/18/on-the-new-female-thor-and-the-black-captain-america/

Dictator
07-18-2014, 07:42 PM
:picard2: I have no words.

Lucifer
07-18-2014, 07:45 PM
nerds need to fantasm too :)

Fenrir
07-18-2014, 07:51 PM
Political correctness comes to classic comic characters (heck, I would have said movies but we all know this has happened for ages in general).

Longbowman
07-18-2014, 07:56 PM
Go outside and play, nerds.

Not a Cop
07-18-2014, 08:01 PM
Well, after a black Mannerheim it's hard to surprise me with such things;)

Oneeye
07-18-2014, 08:11 PM
Is this real???

You know what I'd rather see? A redoing of Braveheart with an all black cast. Wesley Snipes as William Wallace.

Somehow, the inevitable increase in swearing would seem more legitimate Scot.

Fenrir
07-18-2014, 08:19 PM
Is this real???

You know what I'd rather see? A redoing of Braveheart with an all black cast. Wesley Snipes as William Wallace.

Somehow, the inevitable increase in swearing would seem more legitimate Scot.

Haha, I was also thinking of this. :lol:

Seriously though, Thor a woman?? The hammer wielding God personifying masculinity, associated with thunder?

Yulbarys Khan
07-18-2014, 08:28 PM
Haha, I was also thinking of this. :lol:

Seriously though, Thor a woman?? The hammer wielding God personifying masculinity, associated with thunder?

Well William Wallace could become a real ''Black Knight'' lol

and for Thor there's a celebrity to play the character already: