PDA

View Full Version : How mixed can someone be before you stop considering them "white"?

Sikeliot
04-24-2015, 02:05 PM
And does it differ for people with African vs Amerindian vs Asian admixture?

SupaThug
04-24-2015, 02:06 PM
I only consider a person to be white if they can pass as native european.

Sikeliot
04-24-2015, 02:08 PM

So someone with 5% of mixture to you who shows it (which can happen) is less white to you than someone who is 20% mixed but doesn't show it?

Prism
04-24-2015, 02:11 PM
Someone who is "white" has to look Native European as LESM stated but also have no trace of dna of other races.
Like I have this friend who looks white but is 1/4 filipino which for me is not white, even if she was 1/8 or 1/16 I still wouldnt consider her white.

SupaThug
04-24-2015, 02:12 PM
So someone with 5% of mixture to you who shows it (which can happen) is less white to you than someone who is 20% mixed but doesn't show it?

Tough question,you got me :icon_redface: but no.I would never consider an ''white'' american with 20% of chinese ancestry to be more white than a brazilians who shows 5% of african ancestry.This shows how ambigous the term white is.

Iloko
04-24-2015, 02:12 PM
Typically I'd say 1/8 for all of those could still pass as white. I would have thought African genes to be the strongest, but have seen Mongoloid genes that can be just as dominating.

randomguy1235
04-24-2015, 02:13 PM
Anything above 8%

Sikeliot
04-24-2015, 02:13 PM
Typically I'd say 1/8 for all of those could still pass as white. I would have thought African genes to be the strongest, but have seen Mongoloid genes that can be just as dominating.

I've seen people whose African genes show at very low percents. Like, below 10%. I have also seen the same thing very rarely for Amerindian.

Seth MacFarlane
04-24-2015, 02:16 PM

I agree with this. White for me means European looking. It's not the same as Caucasian for me though. Caucasian is more of a racial type. I wouldn't consider a good amount of middle eaterners white but they are Caucasian for example. If someone is mostly euro by blood and their phenotype is Caucasian moreso then mongaloid and negroid I will consider them as such on a anthropology basis. I'll know at the end of the day there not full caucasoid and I certainly wouldn't call them white. It depends on some people perceptions of white also. Most blacks will call a quadroon, octaroon , Castizo white

Iloko
04-24-2015, 02:17 PM
I've seen people whose African genes show at very low percents. Like, below 10%. I have also seen the same thing very rarely for Amerindian.
Could you please post an example? I remember a Hollywood actress, of whose name I'm forgetting, who if I'm not mistaken is around 1/4 Black, and still seems to pass as white.

Sikeliot
04-24-2015, 02:18 PM
Could you please post an example? I remember a Hollywood actress, of whose name I'm forgetting, who if I'm not mistaken is around 1/4 Black, and still seems to pass as white.

Go to the Latino 23andme results thread, and you'll see plenty of people with below 10% of African who show it.

Watch_Owl
04-25-2015, 06:04 PM
If you can pass for a European , than you are white despite the non-white admixture. There was one single person from the Latino thread who had 50% native-american yet can pass for a European. There were also Jet Lee from Hollywood who was 65% white and 35% Asian who played as a white guy in the movie the crow.

Dr. Robotnik the Subbotnik
04-25-2015, 06:06 PM
Someone who is "white" has to look Native European as LESM stated but also have no trace of dna of other races.
Like I have this friend who looks white but is 1/4 filipino which for me is not white, even if she was 1/8 or 1/16 I still wouldnt consider her white.

Do you consider me white? I have some mud blood :D but I consider myself white.

StonyArabia
04-25-2015, 06:08 PM
Anthying that shows if it does not it does not.

04-25-2015, 06:10 PM
Anthying that shows if it does not it does not.

I agree with this. I have some native American ancestors, and in the pictures of my ancestors they look Mongoloid but I myself look 100% White and therefore I consider myself as such. Well, actually I'm not sure. Once someone thought I was Chinese :confused: perhaps I have squintier eyes, maybe, but to myself I look 100% white...

Taiga Lake
04-25-2015, 06:17 PM
According to stormfront logic you have to be 100% pure white and no expections, which basically means nobody is white by reality logic or at least 99% of Europeans and New World whites.

Argentano
04-25-2015, 06:20 PM
Basically i consider anyone who is 85% caucasian 15% amerindian white or pred white or white looking etc...most people here wont be able to differentiate between 85% euro 95% euro or 100% euro IRL ...and that is evident in latino result + pics thread..

with black i am not sure because it can show a lot...

Linebacker
04-25-2015, 06:21 PM
Stormfronters usually go by the one drop rule.Someone has to be 100% white with no exceptions.

A lot of them don't add up to that but they parade that anyway.

Watch_Owl
04-25-2015, 06:29 PM
Aren't most Europeans mixed-race themselves? That appears kinda silly.

Prisoner Of Ice
04-25-2015, 06:30 PM
It's more about passing than actual mixture. It's hard to call somebody like John Oliver white regardless of his ancestry (though probably there is something else in there anyway). EU politicians almost never seem to be fully white either.

de Burgh II
04-25-2015, 06:51 PM
If this hambeast http://s2.postimg.org/el5onj9bt/hambeast_man_the_harpoons.jpg (lol at the credentials) thinks Elliot Rodger is white then she wins the award of being a clueless hack like the rest of useless "professional writers." Perfect representation of how pathetic the media is since they have no clue what defines "white" nowadays. lol

Pretty much shows the degeneracy of today's corporate-materialistic culture here in the west.

http://www.salon.com/2014/05/27/white_guy_killer_syndrome_elliot_rodgers_deadly_pr ivileged_rage/

Insuperable
04-25-2015, 06:55 PM
It's more about passing than actual mixture. It's hard to call somebody like John Oliver white regardless of his ancestry (though probably there is something else in there anyway). EU politicians almost never seem to be fully white either.

John Oliver is most likely genetically the same as the Faelid Brit next door. Just like Nordid Southerners are still genetically similar to their countrymen one can find woggy Northern Europeans. You wrote 'though probablythere is something else in there anyway' and I am asking you, what if you are 100% sure that there is nothing there, would that change your opinion?

XvThomas_LysergicV
04-25-2015, 06:57 PM
I don't care about percentages that much. I focus more on their phenotype and if they can pass as some kind of Caucasoid or not. If someone can pass and they broke off their ties with their ethnic side and they've assimilated into the mainstream American,European,etc culture then I don't see a problem in calling them white if you want to. It also somewhat depends on what their mix is. I almost always consider half white half hispanics white,since they can pass most of the time and the majority of Hispanics already have some Euro dna to begin with. If someone is mixed with Asian,SSA,Indian,Amerindian,etc and they're more Euro by blood and they can pass then I would see them as mixed white but I wouldn't call them white to their face if that makes any sense.

Ivan Kramskoï
04-25-2015, 07:01 PM
It depends of the race with wich it's mixed with.
In general the limit is
-other caucasoid 1/4
-east asian/amerindian 1/8
-other 1/16

Beit El
04-25-2015, 07:10 PM
John Oliver is most likely genetically the same as the Faelid Brit next door. Just like Nordid Southerners are still genetically similar to their countrymen one can find woggy Northern Europeans. You wrote 'though probablythere is something else in there anyway' and I am asking you, what if you are 100% sure that there is nothing there, would that change your opinion?

So what you're saying is that pigmentation and facial features have nothing to do with genes?

04-25-2015, 07:18 PM

John Oliver is totally white. BTW he does not look Jewish. It isn't a Jewish look, it's not British look but it's not Jewish look. Look at Simon Bird, THAT is a Jewish look.

04-25-2015, 07:18 PM
If this hambeast http://s2.postimg.org/el5onj9bt/hambeast_man_the_harpoons.jpg (lol at the credentials) thinks Elliot Rodger is white then she wins the award of being a clueless hack like the rest of useless "professional writers." Perfect representation of how pathetic the media is since they have no clue what defines "white" nowadays. lol

Pretty much shows the degeneracy of today's corporate-materialistic culture here in the west.

http://www.salon.com/2014/05/27/white_guy_killer_syndrome_elliot_rodgers_deadly_pr ivileged_rage/

People like her think George Zimmerman is white too :picard1:

Ukgjin
04-25-2015, 07:19 PM
I am not comfortable with the term 'white' however, the way I see it, once someone has more than 1% outter European genetic component, they are already excluded from the European group.

Insuperable
04-25-2015, 07:23 PM
So what you're saying is that pigmentation and facial features have nothing to do with genes?

I am not saying that, but it can be unpredictable sometimes.

Aodhan
04-25-2015, 07:25 PM
90%> of white blood

Prisoner Of Ice
04-25-2015, 07:31 PM

Sure, but I doubt that is the case. John Oliver is a good example of the kind of people you see in england, you never see in USA (not unless they are mixed with something anyway).

I think that Rowan Atkinson is a dark north euro example, but I doubt john oliver is.

SupaThug
04-25-2015, 08:02 PM
90%> of white blood

Then,plenty of white south africans are not really white,despite having very european features.

Aodhan
04-25-2015, 08:19 PM
Then,plenty of white south africans are not really white,despite having very european features.

exactly, ''look'' is not ''be''

Sikeliot
04-25-2015, 08:29 PM

To some people, anything that is not black is white.

SupaThug
04-25-2015, 08:31 PM
To some people, anything that is not black is white.

Plenty of brazilians think like this.

Sikeliot
04-25-2015, 08:34 PM
Plenty of brazilians think like this.

I think the US will too, especially so as to keep whites the majority.

Argentano
04-25-2015, 08:42 PM
I think the US will too, especially so as to keep whites the majority.

what would you answer to this thread?

Sikeliot
04-25-2015, 08:47 PM
what would you answer to this thread?

Middle Eastern: I consider them white already.
South Asian: 1/4
East Asian: 1/4
Amerindian: 1/4
African: 1/8

Drakoblare
04-25-2015, 08:50 PM
No %, depends on the look. But since white features tend to go away any mix with Asians/Blacks would be non-white for me.

Insuperable
04-25-2015, 08:51 PM
Middle Eastern: I consider them white already.
South Asian: 1/4
East Asian: 1/4
Amerindian: 1/4
African: 1/8

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Dylan
04-25-2015, 09:01 PM

I'm 1.5% native american, does that make me not european to you? at what percent is something irrelevant to you?

Prisoner Of Ice
04-25-2015, 09:02 PM
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

This is how american is 70% white according to census. Reality is maybe 30-40%.

Dylan
04-25-2015, 09:06 PM
People who are saying looks don't matter are full of shit. If people think you are white, but only 5% of the time, it doesn't really matter that you're 100% white though because whiteness is a social construct and identity is defined by how others percieve you as much as how you perceive yourself. Also being white and european are correlated, but not always the same.

Dylan
04-25-2015, 09:07 PM
This is how american is 70% white according to census. Reality is maybe 30-40%.

30-40% is too low, what state are you from? but 70% is also too high.

Argentano
04-25-2015, 09:16 PM
i think the one drop rule is just stupid...i have blonde blue eyed colonial friends who will be guessed as european here altough they will probably score 1-15% amerindian....should i say they are non white when they can pass in central/northern europe and i cant? it seems just stupid to me...

SupaThug
04-25-2015, 09:46 PM
i think the one drop rule is just stupid...i have blonde blue eyed colonial friends who will be guessed as european here altough they will probably score 1-15% amerindian....should i say they are non white when they can pass in central/northern europe and i cant? it seems just stupid to me...

The one drop rule didn't aply for amerindian ancestry.But it is still stupid,saying these two brazilians are not white because they have black ancestors is ridiculous:

http://www.jornaldemuriae.com.br/site/wp-content/uploads/PRESIDENTE-LULA-01.jpeg

http://s2.glbimg.com/dN-Bbih7dn7VPgQZM41v8HKn2TY=/smart/s.glbimg.com/es/ge/f/original/2014/02/03/juninhopernambucano_flickr_marcelosadio.jpg

Sikeliot
04-25-2015, 09:52 PM
Here's one. My mother looks fully European but left untreated, her hair is the texture of a mixed person. Does <5% African ancestry make us nonwhite? My hair is so thick that people say, despite being straight, it is not the texture of a white person's.

SupaThug
04-25-2015, 09:55 PM
Here's one. My mother looks fully European but left untreated, her hair is the texture of a mixed person. Does <5% African ancestry make us nonwhite? My hair is so thick that people say, despite being straight, it is not the texture of a white person's.

Thick hair can be found among europeans,my grandfather(born to spanish parents) had a very thick voluminous hair,passed it to my father who passed it to me.

Insuperable
04-25-2015, 09:59 PM

Imagine in the distant future 'White people' who are up to 15% something different as oppose to now having this same conversation and saying what you have just said. That is just stupid. People have to try to stay the same as much as possible and not accept someone because of the way he/she looks. That look is not a guarantee of anything, just random thing.

p.s. If it has to be any out of all admixtures Amerindian one is the most acceptable one imo.

StonyArabia
04-25-2015, 10:02 PM
My cousin is 50% Arabian and 50% Anglo-American but looks White, she can pass for Med ethnic group quite easily at 5'7, dark hair, and blue eyes, her nose and mouth though indicate Arabian lineage other than that can easily pass. She though rejects the white label and identifies as mixed race.

Sikeliot
04-25-2015, 10:03 PM
Thick hair can be found among europeans,my grandfather(born to spanish parents) had a very thick voluminous hair,passed it to my father who passed it to me.

Our hair is the texture of a brillo pad. I have never seen (or I should say, felt) anything like it amongst Europeans.

SupaThug
04-25-2015, 10:04 PM
My cousin is 50% Arabian and 50% Anglo-American but looks White, she can pass for Med ethnic group quite easily at 5'7, dark hair, and blue eyes, her nose and mouth though indicate Arabian lineage other than that can easily pass. She though rejects the white label and identifies as mixed race.

She identifies as mixed race?Makes no sense,she is fully caucasoid!

poiuytrewq0987
04-25-2015, 10:04 PM
If one looks normal white, he is white, if one doesn't then he isn't white.

Insuperable
04-25-2015, 10:07 PM

And I almost forgot.

Who says that you are white in the first place? The less confusion the more credible something is imo. Southern Europeans are not White.

SupaThug
04-25-2015, 10:07 PM
Our hair is the texture of a brillo pad. I have never seen (or I should say, felt) anything like it amongst Europeans.

Mine is like this too.People always say that my hair very thick,thicker than some blacks in fact,but very straight.

Insuperable
04-25-2015, 10:08 PM
If one looks normal white, he is white, if one doesn't then he isn't white.

And Nabatea's cousin, is she white?:picard1:

StonyArabia
04-25-2015, 10:09 PM

She identifies as mixed race because Middle Easterners despite being "Caucasoid" they are seen as different, also her dad is dark skinned and looks typical Arabian , and he is like 5'4 or something like that with raven black hair and black eyes, her mother is like 5'10 blue eyed and blond, as you can see their look has somewhat of a difference and hence most people think of it as interracial marriage. Not to mention she is according to her genetic result is 2% East African. A lot of mixed Middle Easterners who can pass as White often label themselves as mixed race but there is a lot of reasons to why that is.

Insuperable
04-25-2015, 10:10 PM

In Brazil she would be seen as white I guess according to your reasoning, but in Europe she wouldn't be.

Sikeliot
04-25-2015, 10:10 PM
She identifies as mixed race because Middle Easterners despite being "Caucasoid" they are seen as different

She can call herself mixed-race if she wants but she is not mixed race, unless her Arabian side has a lot of East African mixed in or something.

Prism
04-25-2015, 10:11 PM
http://i.imgur.com/e1s6xr6.png

SupaThug
04-25-2015, 10:12 PM
In Brazil she would be seen as white I guess according to your reasoning, but in Europe she wouldn't be.

She is not white according to me,but caucasoid.

Insuperable
04-25-2015, 10:13 PM
She can call herself mixed-race if she wants but she is not mixed race, unless her Arabian side has a lot of East African mixed in or something.

Are you WASP, Germanic, West or East Slavic, Baltic to say who is of mixed race and and who is white?

StonyArabia
04-25-2015, 10:14 PM

No her Arabian side is like mine, pred- Caucasoid, but their is political reasons why she identifies as mixed race person. I mean she has blue eyes, and looks quite Med or Atlantid but with small Arabid admix apparent her mouth and nose. Most people however would not see her as mixed race person if she did not identify as such.

Insuperable
04-25-2015, 10:22 PM
She is not white according to me,but caucasoid.

True Caucasoids are whites. The rest of Caucasoids are mongrels who just happen to morphologically share similarities with true Caucasoids. I take a dump on that -oid term anyway.

SupaThug
04-25-2015, 10:25 PM
True Caucasoids are whites. The rest of Caucasoids are mongrels who just happen to morphologically share similarities with true Caucasoids. I take a dump on that -oid term anyway.

Most arabs are true caucasoids,despite some of them looking like mulattos.Like Brahimi:

http://e1.365dm.com/14/06/768x576/South-Korea-v-Algeria-World-Cup-Yacine-Brahim_3162372.jpg?20140622214356

Insuperable
04-25-2015, 10:28 PM
Most arabs are true caucasoids,despite some of them looking like mulattos.Like Brahimi:

LoL.

Sikeliot
04-25-2015, 10:30 PM
Are you WASP, Germanic, West or East Slavic, Baltic to say who is of mixed race and and who is white?

My father's family is Sicilian. One of his grandparents was also from Sardinia. My mother's father is Polish. My grandmother is Portuguese and had one Cape Verdean grandmother, and very distant African (possibly) on one other side.

XvThomas_LysergicV
04-25-2015, 10:31 PM
Genes and recent mixes are unpredictable. A recent mix can turn out looking just like their European parent,non-European parent or a blend of both of them. It just depends on what genes happen to dominate. Honestly, I think looks are more important than your actual ancestry

Some families have stronger genes than others. Like i've said before,genes are unpredictable. Just because SSA can show in low amounts,it doesn't mean it happens everytime. Its not common for SSA genes to show below 10%. If it shows in someone's phenotype then its likely they inherited throwback genes. In my town,i've seen plenty of people who are between 25 to 15% SSA and they can pretty much pass as full Northern/Western European with light eyes,straight hair and non-broad facial features.

Just look at Mestizo's as an example. Most Mestizos are 1-10% SSA and they rarely ever show that admixture at all. The majority of them have straight,wavy or curly hair that isn't nappy.

I think people downplay how strong East Asian and South East Asian genes can be. They have the potential to be as strong or stronger than SSA and Amerindian genes. I'm not saying this happens every time but its common to see Eurasians come out looking completely Asian. Look at these youngins from the show Jon and Kate plus 8. They are all a quarter East Asian and they can basically pass as full Asian. I'm sure if they procreated with a European when they get older,their offspring who would be 1 8th Asian would still show Asiatic admixture.

http://i1068.photobucket.com/albums/u441/redmoon01zxr/Kate-Plus-8-Reunion_web%201_zpsalyjyteg.jpg

SupaThug
04-25-2015, 10:33 PM
My father's family is Sicilian. One of his grandparents was also from Sardinia. My mother's father is Polish. My grandmother is Portuguese and had one Cape Verdean grandmother, and very distant African (possibly) on one other side.

Solin has inferiority complex towards Iberians and Italians because their nations are way more relevant to world's history than Croatia,then he does not consider them to be white...

Insuperable
04-25-2015, 10:39 PM

I know what you are. I didn't ask you that. It was a rhetorical question.

Solin has inferiority complex towards Iberians and Italians because their nations are way more relevant to world's history than Croatia,then he does not consider them to be white...

If I do develop this kind of inferiority complex it would be towards Italians not Iberians. Secondly, I am having the entire Southern Europe on mind, including Croatia (minus Basques or Slovenians if they are counted as SE).

SupaThug
04-25-2015, 10:41 PM
I know what you are. I didn't ask you that. It was a rhetorical question.

If I do develop this kind of inferiority complex it would be towards Italians not Iberians. Secondly, I am having the entire Southern Europe on mind, including Croatia (minus Basques or Slovenians if they are counted as SE).

Iberians once shared the world between themselves,of course you have complexes towards them.Your country never had brave men like Vasco da Gama,neither powerful and big empires like Spain and Portugal.

Porpolita
04-25-2015, 10:44 PM
How Sikeliot measures whiteness:

http://i60.tinypic.com/141t6p0.jpg

Insuperable
04-25-2015, 10:45 PM
Iberians once shared the world between themselves,of course you have complexes towards them.Your country never had brave men like Vasco da Gama,neither powerful and big empires like Spain and Portugal.

Whatever.

Prisoner Of Ice
04-25-2015, 10:58 PM

Sure and the leaders and population fighting the reconquista were all white. Things have changed since then as the muslim remnants mixed in.

SupaThug
04-25-2015, 10:59 PM
Sure and the leaders and population fighting the reconquista were all white. Things have changed since then as the muslim remnants mixed in.

LOL,Iberians didn't mix with the moors.

Smitty
04-25-2015, 11:17 PM

You don't consider yourself white then?

Insuperable
04-25-2015, 11:19 PM
You don't consider yourself white then?

No.

Thunder_shock
04-25-2015, 11:19 PM
I dont know why Whites are desperately trying to distance themselves from mixed race people, being more inclusive to them would go a long way. However, the truth is that half euros or so are neither white nor are they genetically black/asian, but somewhere intermediate; so i see no harm in claiming them from whichever side.

My opinion for the unmixed races are that if you are 70% or so and over then you are from that particular race. No way can a person that is 70% black claim to be white, or someone that is 70% white claim to be black. Usually mixing to that extent heavily shows in the phenotype, this means the light skin/de pigmentation gene will predominate in a person that is 70% white. Cranofacially and body structure they will be mostly Europid. This 100% genetic purity nonsense is a legacy of nazism/eugenics from the 19th/early 20th century, it's not normal.

Lastly id like to say it's unscientific to attach someone's features to their parentage. For example someone that has white parent and one black parent can inherit more genes from one of their parents/grandparents, which means they could be potentially 60% black! that person should take a DNA test if you really want to know their mix.

Smitty
04-25-2015, 11:22 PM
No.

Interesting. In America, as long as you're from Europe, you're generally considered white, although I'm sure American Nordicists would disagree. What do you consider yourself then?

Insuperable
04-25-2015, 11:31 PM
Interesting. In America, as long as you're from Europe, you're generally considered white, although I'm sure American Nordicists would disagree. What do you consider yourself then?

I don't know how I would consider myself when it comes to race, honestly. It is not important to me to be labeled as white, I don't suffer from that. I identify primarily with my ethnicity because that is the most important thing on this side of the pond. Although all native Europeans are Europeans equally, I don't think all of them are of the same white race.

Smitty
04-25-2015, 11:34 PM
I don't know how I would consider myself when it comes to race, honestly. It is not important to me to be labeled as white, I don't suffer from that. I identify primarily with my ethnicity because that is the most important thing on this side of the pond. While all native Europeans are Europeans equally I don't think all of them are of the same white race.

Okay, that makes sense. I've gotten the impression that Europeans don't think racially as much as ethnically. But "white" may very well be a cultural and racial classification for many people. Even Stormfront, for example, would consider you white.

Insuperable
04-25-2015, 11:51 PM
Okay, that makes sense. I've gotten the impression that Europeans don't think racially as much as ethnically. But "white" may very well be a cultural and racial classification for many people. Even Stormfront, for example, would consider you white.

Stormfront ironically doesn't have big standards from what I could gather. Maybe I am wrong. Like you wrote in your previous posts there are always going to be some Europeans and White Americans who wouldn't view some Europeans as white. It is a futile thing to be obsessed about it. Regarding the bolded, it is quite understandable.

RandomlyRenounced
04-25-2015, 11:59 PM
Is you can notice the admixture, then it's too much. That's what I go by.

Jägerstaffel
04-26-2015, 12:02 AM
I suppose only if they looked mixed to me.

Argentano
04-26-2015, 12:26 AM
And I almost forgot.

Who says that you are white in the first place? The less confusion the more credible something is imo. Southern Europeans are not White.

i understand some nordicists dont consider southern euros white..and thats fine......but i was answering the OP who equals white=caucasian..

still you can have pred euro latinos who look german and central europeans who look dark....i find it weird to say Rowan Atkinson is white and Maxi Lopez isnt..just that...

anyway i am talking about people 85-99% euro who will have caucasian kids for sure if they mate with somebody in the same range..

Longbowman
04-26-2015, 12:26 AM
I put 'white other' on the census four years ago, but would you consider me white? I certainly have never been taken for anything non-European. If we exclude people who think I look British (usually Celtic Fringe when specified) which is probably mainly due to the strong accent, or people who think I'm German because of my surname (my brothers and I occasionally get apologies from people who make anti-German jokes, which are fairly common in the UK) people tend to think I look Western Romance of some kind, IRL, which I guess is reflected on this forum, too, if you click the links in my signature.

But then again, the only other reasonable option was 'Arab,' or 'Other,' I guess. And I plot genetically in southern Europe, and my ancestry is what is says on my information bar: ie, 25/32 Ashkenazi, 4/32 Sephardic, 2/32 Mizrakhi and 1/32 Pole: ie, 1/32 European, 2/32 definitely not European, and the rest very debatable.

Thoughts?

RandomlyRenounced
04-26-2015, 12:32 AM
I put 'white other' on the census four years ago, but would you consider me white? I certainly have never been taken for anything non-European. If we exclude people who think I look British (usually Celtic Fringe when specified) which is probably mainly due to the strong accent, or people who think I'm German because of my surname (my brothers and I occasionally get apologies from people who make anti-German jokes, which are fairly common in the UK) people tend to think I look Western Romance of some kind, IRL, which I guess is reflected on this forum, too, if you click the links in my signature.

But then again, the only other reasonable option was 'Arab,' or 'Other,' I guess. And I plot genetically in southern Europe, and my ancestry is what is says on my information bar: ie, 25/32 Ashkenazi, 4/32 Sephardic, 2/32 Mizrakhi and 1/32 Pole: ie, 1/32 European, 2/32 definitely not European, and the rest very debatable.

Thoughts?

From your avatar, you have a very noticeable Semitic look, so I'd say no.

Sikeliot
04-26-2015, 12:33 AM

Thoughts?

I have thought about putting "other" also, for the following reasons:

a) both of my parents have been taken for ethnicities society deems nonwhite. My mom as Puerto Rican or other Hispanic (NOT Argentine or Cuban) and my dad for Middle Eastern.
b) When people find out I am part Cape Verdean, they treat me as if I am nonwhite, looks aside
c) I am usually mistaken for non-European ethnicities.
d) based on how my maternal side LOOKS, I expected much higher African ancestry and thus once would have not thought twice about considering my grandmother nonwhite, despite her looks.

Insuperable
04-26-2015, 12:36 AM

Thoughts?

2/32 is Indian Jewish ancestry?

Longbowman
04-26-2015, 12:37 AM
From your avatar, you have a very noticeable Semitic look, so I'd say no.

Assume for the sake of argument that the photograph is misleading and my recounting of how people think I look is truthful, which it is (or that your impression is inaccurate).

Longbowman
2/32 is Indian Jewish ancestry?

Baghdadi Jewish, which is an Indian/East Asian Jewish group descended from Iraqi and Syrian Jews.

Sikeliot
Assume for the sake of argument that the photograph is misleading and my recounting of how people think I look is truthful, which it is (or that your impression is inaccurate).

I think you look Atlanto-Med, and Iberian. I think you look more European than me.

Insuperable
04-26-2015, 12:40 AM
Baghdadi Jewish, which is an Indian/East Asian Jewish group descended from Iraqi and Syrian Jews.

Just because of that you are non white, not to mention the remaining ancestry. (if you ask me)

RandomlyRenounced
04-26-2015, 12:41 AM

Well Ashkenazi/Sephardi Jews are native to the Middle East and despite hundreds of years of mixing with Europeans, they still tend to plot quite a bit away from Europeans with a few oddball cases where they plot extremely closely to Europeans.

So my answer would still be no, but it might be possible for you to pass as White despite not being White.

Longbowman
04-26-2015, 12:41 AM
I think you look Atlanto-Med, and Iberian. I think you look more European than me.

I reckon I look Iberian too. Most of the Iberian members on this forum have commented so. IRL, as I said, I also get taken for Italian, French, and of course British, and I think people assume I'm at least part German because of my surname, though I doubt anyone in the UK seriously thinks I look German. We have a stereotype and I don't fit it. Of course, once you learn my name, your brain starts filling in the gaps, but it's definitely not anyone's first impression. The last time I was back home a group of women asked if I was Welsh, long after I'd started speaking to them, which was disconcerting, but perhaps my many years there have rubbed off on my accent.

But the point remains. I am at least partially non-European, regardless of my look. I dated a girl who was 1/16 Indian proper, and she looked very Northern European, but was quite proud of her non-English blood, which irritated me, because I thought it was so minor. Why take pride in 1/16 when you have 15/16 of something you're just ignoring? I don't fit the 'one drop rule,' not by a long shot.

Sikeliot
04-26-2015, 12:44 AM
But the point remains. I am at least partially non-European, regardless of my look. I dated a girl who was 1/16 Indian proper, and she looked very Northern European, but was quite proud of her non-English blood, which irritated me, because I thought it was so minor. Why take pride in 1/16 when you have 15/16 of something you're just ignoring? I don't fit the 'one drop rule,' not by a long shot.

I think of it this way. Some people might ask why I even bother mentioning that I have African ancestry, but it is part of my identity because a) I have photographs of relatives who are clearly mixed, b) If I hadn't DNA tested I would have good reason to think the admixture is higher -- and it may be and we just didn't inherit all of it! and c) I have friends who are of similar background who also embrace their mixture.

Longbowman
04-26-2015, 12:44 AM
Well Ashkenazi/Sephardi Jews are native to the Middle East and despite hundreds of years of mixing with Europeans, they still tend to plot quite a bit away from Europeans with a few oddball cases where they plot extremely closely to Europeans.

So my answer would still be no, but it might be possible for you to pass as one.

Most Ashkenazis plot extremely close to Europeans, even overlapping with some, but don't base your answer on that. I certainly look European, of that I'm aware, having lived all my life in either the UK or Italy, but my question was more about Europeans with minor admixture.

Longbowman
04-26-2015, 12:45 AM
Just because of that you are non white, not to mention the remaining ancestry. (if you ask me)

Cheers. I wasn't aware of that ancestry when I filled in the census. I might, might reconsider the next time (2021) but it just seems a little petty.

Sikeliot
04-26-2015, 12:46 AM
Most Ashkenazis plot extremely close to Europeans, even overlapping with some, but don't base your answer on that.

Yes. If Ashkenazis are not European then neither are Sicilians or the Maltese.

So what would you check off on the census if you were me? Given everything you know about me and what I outlined above.

Longbowman
04-26-2015, 12:48 AM
Yes. If Ashkenazis are not European then neither are Sicilians or the Maltese.

So what would you check off on the census if you were me? Given everything you know about me and what I outlined above.

Well, not necessarily. If we decide on a kind of one-drop rule they don't count, whereas Sicilians do. Neither would a 7/8 Finn 1/8 Black, even if he plotted further north than the Maltese. Though I agree with you.

White, if I were in your shoes. You're 98% of the way there. But it's your choice how to self define.

Sikeliot
04-26-2015, 12:51 AM
Well, not necessarily. If we decide on a kind of one-drop rule they don't count, whereas Sicilians do. Neither would a 7/8 Finn 1/8 Black, even if he plotted further north than the Maltese. Though I agree with you.

White, if I were in your shoes. You're 98% of the way there. But it's your choice how to self define.

Admixture between Ashkenazis and Sicilians is nearly identical, I don't see how they could be held to a different standard.

Why would you be less white than me though? I don't know why you'd check other but not me if you were me? I think at least that my grandmother should be checking "other", but maybe not my mom. Both check white even though in my grandmother's case (as her grandmother looked mixed), it's probably not totally correct. My grandmother likes the idea of passing.

Longbowman
04-26-2015, 12:55 AM
Admixture between Ashkenazis and Sicilians is nearly identical, I don't see how they could be held to a different standard.

Why would you be less white than me though? I don't know why you'd check other but not me if you were me? I think at least that my grandmother should be checking "other", but maybe not my mom. Both check white even though in my grandmother's case (as her grandmother looked mixed), it's probably not totally correct. My grandmother likes the idea of passing.

Genetically, you plot further north than I do
Genetically, more of your ancestry is from Europe

Sikeliot
04-26-2015, 12:57 AM
Genetically, you plot further north than I do
Genetically, more of your ancestry is from Europe

You don't have ancestors who would have been in the back of the bus during segregation though. You'd have been white in the segregated south. I probably would have just made the cut, but not my grandmother or mom :lol: :(

Then again, that is a strictly American way of thinking, due to our conditioning that any ancestry that is African, makes someone colored.

Longbowman
04-26-2015, 12:58 AM
You don't have ancestors who would have been in the back of the bus during segregation though. You'd have been white in the segregated south. I probably would have just made the cut, but not my grandmother or mom :lol: :(

Then again, that is a strictly American way of thinking, due to our conditioning that any ancestry that is African, makes someone colored.

Well, none of my ancestors lived in the US at the time. Again, if we're talking about 'looking European' then we'd both be white. From a genetic standpoint you are unarguably more European than I am.

Smitty
04-26-2015, 01:00 AM

I may be terrible at taxonomy, but I wouldn't have necessarily guessed you were Jewish.

Sikeliot
04-26-2015, 01:01 AM
Well, none of my ancestors lived in the US at the time. Again, if we're talking about 'looking European' then we'd both be white. From a genetic standpoint you are unarguably more European than I am.

It depends on if white on the census should be "European" or "Caucasoid". You are probably genetically similar to any relative of mine who is full Sicilian. But you are more Caucasoid than every member of my maternal family, other than my grandfather.

I think you look more European than I do though, and it's not even close.

Longbowman
04-26-2015, 01:03 AM
I may be terrible at taxonomy, but I wouldn't have necessarily guessed you were Jewish.

That is the general consensus. If you're terribly interested there's a classification link in my signature which is full of people agreeing with you (and of course they knew I was Jewish when I made the thread).

No one in my immediate family looks very Jewish. However, my dad, who was blond and all-American looking as a kid, became very dark in his 20s until he was about 30 - but not Jewish looking so much as Mulatto looking. His passport photos are shocking. He even had an afro, and once got tackled by security at LaGuardia just for looking that way.

So perhaps, Sikeliot, that is my ancestor who'd have had to sit at the back of the bus? :rolleyes:

Sikeliot
04-26-2015, 01:08 AM
So perhaps, Sikeliot, that is my ancestor who'd have had to sit at the back of the bus? :rolleyes:

Could be, but he is not of African descent :lol:

Smitty
04-26-2015, 01:12 AM
That is the general consensus. If you're terribly interested there's a classification link in my signature which is full of people agreeing with you (and of course they knew I was Jewish when I made the thread).

No one in my immediate family looks very Jewish. However, my dad, who was blond and all-American looking as a kid, became very dark in his 20s until he was about 30 - but not Jewish looking so much as Mulatto looking. His passport photos are shocking. He even had an afro, and once got tackled by security at LaGuardia just for looking that way.

Do you think you look Jewish to a more trained eye, though? For example, I used to work with a girl who had kinky brown hair and big eyes. In hindsight, she looked very Jewish. But I didn't know that until I made the gaffe of wondering why she didn't mind working on Christmas Eve. If the general populace is anything like me, our opinion is fairly irrelevant.

Longbowman
04-26-2015, 01:13 AM
Could be, but he is not of African descent :lol:

Full Ashkenazi, probably over 2% African.

Longbowman
04-26-2015, 01:13 AM
Do you think you look Jewish to a more trained eye, though? For example, I used to work with a girl who had kinky brown hair and big eyes. In hindsight, she looked very Jewish. But I didn't know that until I made the gaffe of wondering why she didn't mind working on Christmas Eve. If the general populace is anything like me, our opinion is fairly irrelevant.

I reckon not.

Sikeliot
04-26-2015, 01:14 AM
Full Ashkenazi, probably over 2% African.

East African probably, which is incorporated into the North African component. It is different than having ancestry from West African slaves.

Longbowman
04-26-2015, 01:16 AM
East African probably, which is incorporated into the North African component. It is different than having ancestry from West African slaves.

2% SSA on the new runs that don't have an East African component.

Jägerstaffel
04-26-2015, 01:24 AM
I dated a girl who was 1/16 Indian proper, and she looked very Northern European, but was quite proud of her non-English blood, which irritated me, because I thought it was so minor. Why take pride in 1/16 when you have 15/16 of something you're just ignoring? I don't fit the 'one drop rule,' not by a long shot.

I find this irritating as well. Seems to me that people love to be seen as exotic in one way or the other.

Sikeliot
04-26-2015, 01:27 AM
2% SSA on the new runs that don't have an East African component.

Which runs? I want to see what my mother scores. How do you access these? If I sent you her raw DNA could you run her through?

Longbowman
04-26-2015, 01:29 AM
I find this irritating as well. Seems to me that people love to be seen as exotic in one way or the other.

Special Snowflake Syndrome.

Longbowman
04-26-2015, 01:30 AM
Which runs? I want to see what my mother scores. How do you access these? If I sent you her raw DNA could you run her through?

Gotta pay Eurogenes $20.

Sikeliot
04-26-2015, 01:35 AM
Gotta pay Eurogenes $20.

If I pay it how long does it take until I get the result?

Jägerstaffel
04-26-2015, 01:42 AM
Special Snowflake Syndrome.

I found some mild amusement in watching white Americans lose their minds on the 23andMe discussion boards when they found out they had no Native American DNA.

Sikeliot
04-26-2015, 01:44 AM
I found some mild amusement in watching white Americans lose their minds on the 23andMe discussion boards when they found out they had no Native American DNA.

I am sympathetic to people not changing how they identify if they find out their ancestry is not precisely what they thought (i.e. smaller or greater amounts of a certain thing, like in my case) but if you do not have the ancestry AT ALL then that is different.

Black Wolf
04-26-2015, 01:46 AM
I am sympathetic to people not changing how they identify if they find out their ancestry is not precisely what they thought (i.e. smaller or greater amounts of a certain thing, like in my case) but if you do not have the ancestry AT ALL then that is different.

You and I ain't ''white'' buddy...We are WOPS lol! :P

Dylan
04-26-2015, 02:00 AM

You look very Greek/Calabrian based on your picture, so your phenotype makes sense. Or at least the half of your face that I can see does :D just thought I'd add that

Also
04-26-2015, 02:21 AM
Dark hair or brown eyes renders you non-white.

Also, 25%> of southern european (including the Balkans) ancestry or 50%> of eastern european ancestry makes you non-white.

Argentano
04-26-2015, 05:14 AM
You look very Greek/Calabrian based on your picture, so your phenotype makes sense. Or at least the half of your face that I can see does :D just thought I'd add that

haha yes i been told i look mainly calabrian...my abruzzese side looks way lighter than i do..

Dylan
04-26-2015, 05:20 AM
haha yes i been told i look mainly calabrian...my abruzzese side looks way lighter than i do..

do you know where in abruzzo your family comes from?

Argentano
04-26-2015, 05:28 AM
do you know where in abruzzo your family comes from?

my calabrian grandparents are from Spilinga and my abruzzese grandparents from Guilmi

Dylan
04-26-2015, 05:29 AM
my calabrian grandparents are from Spilinga and my abruzzese grandparents from Guilmi

Ah Chieti, my great grandfather worked there before he came to the US, but he grew up in the Apennines. A beautiful place Abruzzo is.

Mortimer
04-26-2015, 05:30 AM
the amount where most of the same mixtures dont show it anymore 1/4-1/8 for gypsy/southasian and amerindian and east and southeastasian 1/8-1/16 for africans but there are always exceptions single people who are exception, usually if you pass as native european to most people you are not taken or made fun of or discriminated because of race

Smeagol
04-26-2015, 05:37 AM
If you look White. you're White. Most DNA is just junk DNA that doesn't even affect phenotype.