PDA

View Full Version : CANADA allows veiled Muslim women to bypass airport security checks

The Lawspeaker
08-03-2010, 02:50 PM
CANADA allows veiled Muslim women to bypass airport security checks (http://barenakedislam.wordpress.com/2010/08/01/canada-allows-veiled-muslim-woman-to-bypass-airport-security-checks/)

In Canada now, political correctness trumps security. Flying while Muslim means you won’t be forced to uncover your face or lift up your burqa before boarding a plane. Are we feeling safer yet?

Each passenger must submit his/her own passport and boarding pass so they can be identified at the last check in point before boarding the aircraft. EXCEPT FOR MUSLIMS! Canada airport security will not ask a veiled Muslim to remove her veil and prove her identity.

Frequent flyers know the drill: take off your shoes, surrender your tweezers and pack your shampoo in those little plastic baggies before lining up for the naked body scanners. But lift your niqab? Apparently not.

QMI Agency can reveal that neither airlines nor security services are asking Muslim women to lift their veils and prove that the face beneath matches their photo ID.

The issue came to light through a video taken by Mick Flynn of Bradford, England. Flynn was boarding a flight at Montreal’s Trudeau International Airport when he witnessed two women with their faces covered board an Air Canada Heathrow bound flight without being asked to remove their veils.
In fact, in the video that Flynn has posted online, a man traveling with the group hands in all the passports and is the only one to interact with airline staff while two veiled women simply walk through.

“I complained at the desk — and again as I boarded the plane — asking if the pilot was happy that two women boarded without being identified,” Flynn told QMI Agency. “Both members of staff whom I spoke to were flustered and clearly embarrassed.”

Flynn’s communication with Air Canada and his video posting have resulted in a threatened lawsuit from the airline. As for answers from the company about security procedures, their response reveals holes in Canada’s air security.
Air Canada says it is capable of checking identification in a private room away from the check-in counter, but said the real responsibility for security measures lies with CATSA, the Canadian Air Transport Security Agency. Not so, says CATSA. Greg MacDougall, a spokesman for CATSA, tells QMI that their guards are primarily looking for metal, weapons or other banned material, not ensuring that veiled faces match passport photos.

“We don’t have concerns with that. We have concerns with the fact if the person has any metal under their clothing,” MacDougall said. A former CATSA employee, who, until recently worked as a frontline screener, tells QMI: “We were never allowed to ask anyone with a veil to lift it. It is their religion.”

Frontline workers for several airlines say that any checks, if they happen at all, would likely happen at the check-in desk, not at boarding or security. Most airports have wide gaps between where baggage is checked and the secure portions of the airport.

Transport Canada says there should be no confusion: “The airline must be able to verify the identity of all passengers before they are allowed to board,” the department said in a written statement. Lawyer David Harris of INSIGNIS Strategic Research says Canadians should be concerned about what he deems preferential treatment.

“Full veiling has been a boon for those participating in criminal and terrorist operations,” Harris said pointing to the story of Mustaf Jama. Jama, a Somali national with a long criminal record, was wanted in Britain for the 2006 murder of police constable Sharon Beshenivsky. As police closed in to arrest the career criminal, Jama was able to escape back to Somalia by wearing a full veil and boarding a flight at Heathrow.

DAB1GffSSZc

Treffie
08-03-2010, 02:57 PM
Foxie sent me the story (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1299914/Airline-security-probe-veiled-women-board-Heathrow-bound-flight-showing-faces.html) earlier. This is unbelievable!

Great comments in the Daily Mail

oh please. as the guy who made the video said, its unclear what happens next- there could have been another checkpoint, a more stringent one.

and doesnt anyone else find it odd why he's filming them anyways?? what happened to privacy???

You f****** moron! :(

Tolleson
08-03-2010, 03:05 PM
Here is a short interview with Raheel Raza from the Muslim Canadian Congress on this topic.

She says everyone must show their faces when it comes to airport security, especially after 9/11, and no one should receive special treatment.

http://watch.ctv.ca/news/news/latest/flight-security/#clip331752

Beorn
08-03-2010, 03:09 PM
Flying while Muslim means you won’t be forced to uncover your face or lift up your burqa before boarding a plane.

:confused:

nisse
08-03-2010, 04:17 PM
Here is a short interview with Raheel Raza from the Muslim Canadian Congress on this topic.

She says everyone must show their faces when it comes to airport security, especially after 9/11, and no one should receive special treatment.

http://watch.ctv.ca/news/news/latest/flight-security/#clip331752

That's something that puzzles me - all the spokespeople for Muslim organizations are always sooo reasonable, but this stuff (refusal to comply with laws, asking for special treatment, etc.) still happens and happens quite often...and there is no one who can expain or justify it to the public.

julie
08-03-2010, 06:17 PM
My thought is what the hell does no one remember 9/11 this is a bit to close for comfort for me!

The Lawspeaker
08-03-2010, 06:19 PM
I like Canada and Canadians a lot but if I am ever going to fly to Canada (for God alone knows why) I would not use a Canadian airliner.

Treffie
08-03-2010, 06:46 PM
I like Canada and Canadians a lot but if I am ever going to fly to Canada (for God alone knows why) I would not use a Canadian airliner.

It wouldn't matter what airline you use, it's the security measures after the check-in stage where the problem lies.

BiałaZemsta
08-03-2010, 07:00 PM
Canada is asking for it. Now all we can do is wait for something to happen. At that point, the government will be extremely surprised and talk about how they could've prevented it (not realizing it was their own fault).

Sol Invictus
08-03-2010, 07:03 PM
Canada is asking for it. Now all we can do is wait for something to happen. At that point, the government will be extremely surprised and talk about how they could've prevented it (not realizing it was their own fault).

You think the Canadian government doesn't know about terrorism? The people in power aren't stupid, they know the consequences.

BiałaZemsta
08-03-2010, 07:10 PM
You think the Canadian government doesn't know about terrorism? The people in power aren't stupid, they know the consequences.

I disagree, smart people don't make laws like that. If they saw how dangerous it is what they are doing, they would not have done it.

The Lawspeaker
08-03-2010, 07:11 PM
I disagree, smart people don't make laws like that. If they saw how dangerous it is what they are doing, they would not have done it.
I disagree. They are smart and treacherous.. and that's exactly why they did it.
More danger= more government control over the rest.

BiałaZemsta
08-03-2010, 07:12 PM
I disagree. They are smart and treacherous.. and that's exactly why they did it.
More danger= more government control over the rest.

So you are saying they want something to happen?

The Lawspeaker
08-03-2010, 07:16 PM
So you are saying they want something to happen?
Yes. Keep the public fearful and you can pluck them of their money and their civil rights.
It's actually rather brilliant.

Sol Invictus
08-03-2010, 07:49 PM

The elite are dependent upon the fear of terror, real or imagined to expand their control over society, and to keep the war to control the market economies of countries around the world, including the middle east ongoing. The world's predictable reaction to the events of 9/11 is what our biggest threat to us is. We have created more terror post-9/11 than has ever existed before it, and the flood gates are wide open. This isn't a case of incompetency it's deliberate.

Wölfin
08-04-2010, 12:08 AM
This story is highly suspicious and bizarre. For one thing when I flew last Summer to France and back as well as last Winter to Romania and back, my identity was checked. Several times.
Once when you go through the first security zone and in to the duty-free area, an other time once you go in to the boarding area and an other time at the boarding docks. Granted in the latter two they don't examine you longly, but they do take a quick look at your passport and your face before scanning your boarding pass.
The airline used to go to France was Air Transat and the one I used to go to Romania was Air France.

But I will admit, the security is generally tighter when coming back in to the country. If you are wearing a wide-brimmed hat or a hat that presses down on your hair and may hide your eyebrows or something they will ask you to remove it at the customs to verify your identity. And they do this with every single person including burqa/niqab-wearers. I don't understand why they stopped doing it?

The other fishy thing is that it is now illegal in Québec to wear the face veil (actually I am not sure if this has gone in to effect but I know the bill passed) in such public and security-related institutions and buildings and services.

This kicked my stomach in a knot!

Guapo
08-04-2010, 12:15 AM
Yes. Keep the public fearful and you can pluck them of their money and their civil rights.
It's actually rather brilliant.

We have nothing to fear but fear itself. Must be a Dutch thang, eh Roosevelt?

Canadian government institutions, crown corp. etc., are corrupt anyway. They'll allow anything for cash.

Cato
08-04-2010, 02:35 AM
Wow.

Lithium
08-04-2010, 06:11 AM
This is completely ridiculous !

Groenewolf
08-04-2010, 06:48 AM
Maybe time from group owned private planes.

http://www.luxuryplastic.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/g200_int_lg.jpg

Grumpy Cat
08-04-2010, 06:51 AM
Airport security was probably afraid to offend the women. :rolleyes:

The Lawspeaker
08-04-2010, 09:24 AM
We have nothing to fear but fear itself. Must be a Dutch thang, eh Roosevelt?

Exactly. They have let those Muslims (and countless other immigrants) in on purpose and use them to rob of us of our our jobs, civil rights and our money.

That's how immigrant policies work and have always worked.

Moonbird
08-04-2010, 09:42 AM
This submissiveness from the Western world to Muslims is so annoying and ridiculous.

The Lawspeaker
08-04-2010, 09:42 AM
This submissiveness from the Western world to Muslims is so annoying and ridiculous.
But it's not an accident.

la bombe
08-04-2010, 12:57 PM
What's the point of making us take off our shoes and throw away our lotion and do other stupid procedures that are supposedly for our "security" when apparently it's A-OK to walk onto a plane completely covered? :rolleyes: