PDA

View Full Version : Most/least intelligent ethnicity in Europe?

Wulfhere
05-14-2011, 03:58 PM
Obviously I'll say English for the first, and I'm tempted to say them for the second, too.

Foxy
05-14-2011, 04:01 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2b/National_IQ_Lynn_Vanhanen_2006_IQ_and_Global_Inequ ality.png

MOST INTELLIGENT: Italians, Suisses
LESS INTELLIGENT: Balkanians, Lithuanians, Irish

Nglund
05-14-2011, 04:04 PM
Jews ;)

Falkata
05-14-2011, 04:10 PM
Gypsies
You have to be a genius to live during your whole life without working a single day

Lábaru
05-14-2011, 04:10 PM
Jews, no doubt.but we are not smart enough to be aware of the reality.

Wyn
05-14-2011, 04:18 PM
Most German people I've met online have been rather intelligent overall.

Least? Difficult question. Some of the Italians on this forum are prone to getting angry and irrational even when that is - clearly - only going to do further harm to the reputation of 'southerns' around these e-parts, so that must count for something.

Just saying.

Peyrol
05-14-2011, 04:20 PM
Italians, French, Spaniards, Portugueses, English and Germans.
Of course.

Peyrol
05-14-2011, 04:21 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2b/National_IQ_Lynn_Vanhanen_2006_IQ_and_Global_Inequ ality.png

MOST INTELLIGENT: Italians, Suisses

Ahahahaha look the subsaharian Africa ahahahahahaah

Lábaru
05-14-2011, 04:24 PM
We can find 80% of Nobel Prize winners in a synagogue.

Groenewolf
05-14-2011, 04:27 PM
Obviously I'll say English for the first, and I'm tempted to say them for the second, too.

Incorrect according to research done by doctor Richard Lynn (http://www.rlynn.co.uk/)

http://righttruth.typepad.com/right_truth/images/028265200.gif

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/7386/iqwealthofntionsss1.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/99/iqwealthofntionsss1.png/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

Jack B
05-14-2011, 04:32 PM

Wot? were not dum!!!1

Peyrol
05-14-2011, 04:34 PM

The next thread will be "What ethnicity creates World? Obviously english!" ?

GeistFaust
05-14-2011, 04:40 PM
It depends on how you define intelligence I am sure plenty of Italians have great emotional intelligence the ones I have met do they also have a great tendency towards the Art and drama. Meanwhile if you go to some parts of Northern Europe you will get less emotional intelligence and more of an introverted analytical intelligence a lot of INTP's and INJT's. This is actually the best combo for creating good geniuses because instead of using and devoting all their time to emotional concerns they are grounded with a certain self awareness of their environment and themselves while the emotional person tends to be ignorant of the human condition. The deeper and more profound thinkers come from the North the more creative and artsy thinkers come from the South. As far as smarts are concerned I would put the Germans in front of the English that is for sure.

Wulfhere
05-14-2011, 04:40 PM
The next thread will be "What ethnicity creates World? Obviously english!" ?

Well it's true, isn't it? The English have indeed been instrumental in creating the modern world. Just like the Greeks were in creating the ancient world.

Wulfhere
05-14-2011, 04:42 PM
It depends on how you define intelligence I am sure plenty of Italians have great emotional intelligence the ones I have met do they also have a great tendency towards the Art and drama. Meanwhile if you go to some parts of Northern Europe you will get less emotional intelligence and more of an introverted analytical intelligence a lot of INTP's and INJT's. This is actually the best combo for creating good geniuses because instead of using and devoting all their time to emotional concerns they are grounded with a certain self awareness of their environment and themselves while the emotional person tends to be ignorant of the human condition. The deeper and more profound thinkers come from the North the more creative and artsy thinkers come from the South. As far as smarts are concerned I would put the Germans in front of the English that is for sure.

The trouble is that whilst the Germans have produced a whole load of philosophers, they have produced few practical thinkers. It certainly takes intelligence to be a philosopher, but a rather myopic and impractcal intelligence.

Sikeliot
05-14-2011, 04:44 PM
Least intelligent is probably one of the Balkan nations, most intelligent probably Germany.

Peyrol
05-14-2011, 04:44 PM
Well it's true, isn't it? The English have indeed been instrumental in creating the modern world. Just like the Greeks were in creating the ancient world.

The thread-question concerns "pure intelligence", not the contribution to civilization, I think.

Anyway, modern scientific method ("test, discard, storing") was invented by Galileo Galilei.

Wulfhere
05-14-2011, 04:46 PM
Incorrect according to research done by doctor Richard Lynn (http://www.rlynn.co.uk/)

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/7386/iqwealthofntionsss1.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/99/iqwealthofntionsss1.png/)

The problem with those charts is that they include the other nations of the British Isles and/or UK in with the English.

GeistFaust
05-14-2011, 04:48 PM
The trouble is that whilst the Germans have produced a whole load of philosophers, they have produced few practical thinkers. It certainly takes intelligence to be a philosopher, but a rather myopic and impractcal intelligence.

Yes and this is true and we do have the British to thank for their great deal of pragmatic behavior. And the Germans have produced plenty of rational people such as Karl Benz, Rudolf Diesel, Werner Von Braun. If you don't have the first two then you don't have a major vehicle that drives your industry and well for the last one then their is no ballistic missile technology and then no space mission for America.

Wulfhere
05-14-2011, 04:51 PM
Yes and this is true and we do have the British to thank for their great deal of pragmatic behavior. And the Germans have produced plenty of rational people such as Karl Benz, Rudolf Diesel, Werner Von Braun. If you don't have the first two then you don't have a major vehicle that drives your industry and well for the last one then their is no ballistic missile technology and then no space mission for America.

The problem with German intelligence - and they are intelligent - is that they don't realise when they've gone too far, into the realms of ridiculous impracticality. Hitler being a prime example. They are prone to extremism in all its forms. The major English fault is the exact opposite, never allowing themselves to get passionate about something.

Gaztelu
05-14-2011, 04:53 PM
Least Intelligent: Kosovar Albanians, Bulgarians, Romanians

Most Intelligent: Germans, Netherlanders, Swiss

GeistFaust
05-14-2011, 04:53 PM
The problem with German intelligence - and they are intelligent - is that they don't realise when they've gone too far, into the realms of ridiculous impracticality. Hitler being a prime example. They are prone to extremism in all its forms. The major English fault is the exact opposite, never allowing themselves to get passionate about something.

I do have to agree with this a bit. Well a lot of it with Germans has to do with a perfectionist mentality which tries to over compensate because they feel like they have done their best. The English on the other hand are quite dry about their approach to things practical they almost do it in a blasé way.

Ushtari
05-14-2011, 04:56 PM
Least Intelligent: Kosovar Albanians, Bulgarians, Romanians

Albania: 114.80

http://www.iq-test.eu/eu-s-statistik-iq/

Alboz from kosova shouldn't differ

Wulfhere
05-14-2011, 04:57 PM
I do have to agree with this a bit. Well a lot of it with Germans has to do with a perfectionist mentality which tries to over compensate because they feel like they have done their best. The English on the other hand are quite dry about their approach to things practical they almost do it in a blasé way.

There's a very telling phrase in England, "We'll muddle through somehow." That's how we fought WW2, lurching from one makeshift solution to another, and that's how we have achieved our greatest accomplishments, or least we like to think so.

antonio
05-14-2011, 04:58 PM
Taking into account the wealthness of the nations (when most are almost starving they're not into cultiving their intelligence) I guess Italy or Spain. For example, let's talk about Picasso, OK, he was the son of a Fine Arts professor but I doubt his material conditions had been the same of English or French colleagues (moreover, a lot more of them). Or let's talk about Beatles and the Stones, indeed they were English, but, how many low class Spaniards like Beatles were studied in Art Schools? First of all, there was here not an equivalent concept for the popular masses(or it was oriented just to though labours), and second, even if they had exist, how many parents had been resist the natural impulse of slapping son in the face just at knowing that artsy inclination? :D

Ps. So, NorthWestern boys and girls, keep a cool head, you're not so special (at least by European standards).:coffee:

GeistFaust
05-14-2011, 05:03 PM
Taking into account the wealthness of the nations (when most are almost starving they're not into cultiving their intelligence) I guess Italy or Spain. For example, let's talk about Picasso, OK, he was the son of a Fine Arts professor but I doubt his material conditions had been the same of English or French colleagues (moreover, a lot more of them). Or let's talk about Beatles and the Stones, indeed they were English, but, how many low class Spaniards like Beatles were studied in Art Schools? First of all, there was here not an equivalent concept for the popular masses(or it was oriented just to though labours), and second, even if they had exist, how many parents had been resist the natural impulse of slapping son in the face just at knowing that artsy inclination? :D

Ps. So, NorthWestern boys and girls, keep a cool head, you're not so special (at least by European standards).:coffee:

Of course the North is going to be biased towards its level of intelligence and the South is going to be biased towards there and we are both right. The difference is how people present their intelligence Southerners are inclined to be more in your face and obnoxious about things while Northerners are inclined to be laid back and introverted about how they present themselves. Its all a matter of presentation and sometimes having an obnoxious emotionally based person in your face is not everyone's cup of tea.

Hess
05-14-2011, 05:10 PM
i don't know where this ridiculous stereotype of people from the Balkans being stupid comes from. All the Bulgarians, Serbians, Croatians, etc. I've met were far from stupid

antonio
05-14-2011, 05:19 PM
The difference is how people present their intelligence Southerners are inclined to be more in your face and obnoxious about things while Northerners are inclined to be laid back and introverted about how they present themselves. Its all a matter of presentation and sometimes having an obnoxious emotionally based person in your face is not everyone's cup of tea.

Indeed that's right. Here intelligence is more asociated with vanity that in Northern Europe where is more oriented to colectivity progress. For example, I dont understand all the Open Source movement, or, in general, it's mind blowing how Northerners are kind of sharing their knowledge around Internet.

GeistFaust
05-14-2011, 05:21 PM
i don't know where this ridiculous stereotype of people from the Balkans being stupid comes from. All the Bulgarians, Serbians, Croatians, etc. I've met were far from stupid

Yes there are many smart people from the Balkans and some very notable people from the area in general but the average Eastern European I have was a meat head nothing against them they just liked to drink, party, and have a good time. There is nothing wrong with that they just were not the brightest bulbs when it came to school.

GeistFaust
05-14-2011, 05:25 PM
Indeed that's right. Here intelligence is more asociated with vanity that in Northern Europe where is more oriented to colectivity progress. For example, I dont understand all the Open Source movement, or, in general, it's mind blowing how Northerners are kind of sharing their knowledge around Internet.

Well its just different listening to people who are objectively based instead of subjectively based. Those who depend on communicating their intelligence while being an emotional wreck tend to be a lot harder to listen to even if what they are saying is good. Good tone and body language definitely make it much easier to take in what an individual is saying and when they are not projecting their own intelligence in an objective manner.

antonio
05-14-2011, 05:37 PM
Indeed EasternEuropeans has a way of living not much compatible with intelectual work. I guess they're still recovering (by passing a good time) with Com system fall, war, etc...and the brutal adoption of Capitalist system. THat's so evident that takes just a inet forum like this to realize on.

Well its just different listening to people who are objectively based instead of subjectively based. Those who depend on communicating their intelligence while being an emotional wreck tend to be a lot harder to listen to even if what they are saying is good. Good tone and body language definitely make it much easier to take in what an individual is saying and when they are not projecting their own intelligence in an objective manner.

On job interviews I used to pass a hard time trying not to look like a charlatan.

Just a non-trivial anecdote which tells a lot: I remember a commercial of an enhanced milk presented by a supposedly nutrition scientific: he talked on Nordic accent. For me that's plain outrageus, for illiterated masses (main target of TV commercials) just an irrelevant casual fact.

Aces High
05-14-2011, 05:51 PM
The most intelligent people en masse i have met have been the Swiss.....very very sharp indeed.

The most backward in Europe again id have to vote Albanians...i had the missfortune once to spend some time in Tirana..:eek::eek::eek:....you remember that bar in the first star wars film where Han solo and Chewbacca are hanging out and its full of freaks from across the universe...well that was like Tirana.

Wulfhere
05-14-2011, 05:52 PM
The most intelligent people en masse i have met have been the Swiss.....very very sharp indeed.

The most backward in Europe again id have to vote Albanians...i had the missfortune once to spend some time in Tirana..:eek::eek::eek:....you remember that bar in the first star wars film where Han solo and Chewbacca are hanging out and its full of freaks from across the universe...well that was like Tirana.

The Mos Eisley Cantina, is what that Star Wars bar was called.

Aces High
05-14-2011, 05:55 PM
The Mos Eisley Cantina, is what that Star Wars bar was called.

Well thats what they should re-name Albania.

Breedingvariety
05-20-2011, 11:28 AM
Most intelligent:
1.Germanics
2.British
3.French

Foxy
05-20-2011, 12:21 PM

Lucky you!! The Suisses I have met had more or less the intelligence of a hole in a cheese.

Kosovo je Sjrbia
05-22-2011, 01:28 AM
the most intelligent with an avarage IQ of 102 are:

Austria 102
Germany 102
Italy 102
Netherlands 102

they're at the 6th place after eastern Asians as Japanese, south koreans and others.

the least intelligent are:

Croatia 90

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IQ_and_the_Wealth_of_Nations

Raskolnikov
05-22-2011, 01:32 AM
Just a non-trivial anecdote which tells a lot: I remember a commercial of an enhanced milk presented by a supposedly nutrition scientific: he talked on Nordic accent. For me that's plain outrageus, for illiterated masses (main target of TV commercials) just an irrelevant casual fact.
LOL.

Albion
05-24-2011, 10:45 AM
Most: Germanic nations, British Isles and Italy

Least: Balkanians, Gypsies, Romanians

Talvi
05-24-2011, 10:57 AM
the most intelligent with an avarage IQ of 102 are:

Austria 102
Germany 102
Italy 102
Netherlands 102

they're at the 6th place after eastern Asians as Japanese, south koreans and others.

the least intelligent are:

Croatia 90

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IQ_and_the_Wealth_of_Nations

Ive always wondered if those things are credible or what? The last time I took an IQ test it was when i was about 16 and the result was like 113 or 117... and I was told that was average but I felt it was low.. my deskmates IQ was like over 130.. yeah she was a genius. We had one person in the class whose IQ was under 100...

gold_fenix
05-24-2011, 11:04 AM
Talvi me too 113 with 16 years but i did bad a proof because I understand it bad, however i think the iQ is very subjective to emotions and the intelligence can be measured of different forms

Arne
05-24-2011, 11:09 AM
The problem with German intelligence - and they are intelligent - is that they don't realise when they've gone too far, into the realms of ridiculous impracticality. Hitler being a prime example. They are prone to extremism in all its forms.
yes, angela merkel is the primary example
we pay too much to the european money union.
That´s way too much. ;)

The major English fault is the exact opposite, never allowing themselves to get passionate about something.
Thanks i really agree with the Passion thing.
Did you realize what you wrote ? :rolleyes2:

Talvi
05-24-2011, 11:11 AM
Talvi me too 113 with 16 years but i did bad a proof because I understand it bad, however i think the iQ is very subjective to emotions and the intelligence can be measured of different forms

As Ive understood then your IQ may also depend on thee time of the day... at some points you may be more alert than on others and etc... and of course if my mood is crap I will want to resist doing certain things more.. like maths. At the time my maths part was sevearly under average... and it has probably gotten worse since then

Ive also heard that those IQ standards change all the time since people are exposed to more and more information. The average IQ a hundred times ago is about the same as what we consider "retardation" these days...

Arne
05-24-2011, 11:14 AM
As Ive understood then your IQ may also depend on thee time of the day... at some points you may be more alert than on others and etc... and of course if my mood is crap I will want to resist doing certain things more.. like maths. At the time my maths part was sevearly under average... and it has probably gotten worse since then

Ive also heard that those IQ standards change all the time since people are exposed to more and more information. The average IQ a hundred times ago is about the same as what we consider "retardation" these days...
Many Geniuses are very confused Minds.
They can appear very strange.

gold_fenix
05-24-2011, 11:17 AM
yeah Ulrich, in fact a lot og genious have very academic results or maybe they look crazy

hajduk
05-24-2011, 11:20 AM
I know alot of friends that smoke marijuana and they are quite dumb. Don't know what is the situation in Netherlands :D
But IMO the most intelligent in Europe are northern european ethnicities

Talvi
05-24-2011, 11:23 AM
Many Geniuses are very confused Minds.
They can appear very strange.

I think thats because the more rational you are the more technical you tend to get and the more you are forgetting about the "emotional side". Things have to be balanced, but having a really high IQ throws things out of balance.

Peerkons
05-24-2011, 11:25 AM
In my opinion the most intelligent are Germans.
Least - Russian speakers in the Baltic states. (Homo Sovieticus)
This opinion comes from my personal experience with people.

gold_fenix
05-24-2011, 11:31 AM
The germans are so intelligent because they are disciplined, correct, and squared of mind, the same as japaneses , some person who was living in Greece say me that they are very smart that they have much capacity, Talvi have reason with emotions and besides the people in these times prefer don't think , People are vain, hustlers, carefree and highly alienated by a consumer society, selfish and television
Too there disciplines that i think promote the intelligence music, sport or even feed

joke: besides the alcohol kills the neurons weak, putting the collective of neurons that work faster without the dead neurons

Talvi
05-24-2011, 11:49 AM
the germans are so intelligent because they are disciplined, correct, and squared of mind, the same as japaneses , some person who was living in Greece say me that they are very smart that they have much capacity, Talvi have reason with emotions

joke: besides the alcohol kills the neurons weak, putting the group of neurons that work faster without the dead neurons

Im sorry but the average Japanse are one of the most clueless people Ive ever met.

Peasant
05-24-2011, 12:24 PM
I think I have done an IQ test once or something. I didn't get the results though. :mad:

Was something to do with Durham Uni's IQ studies or something as far as I know.

Eldritch
05-24-2011, 12:54 PM
Im sorry but the average Japanse are one of the most clueless people Ive ever met.

Cluelessness in everyday situations actually often correlates with high intelligence.

Falkata
05-24-2011, 12:59 PM
Cluelessness in everyday situations actually often correlates with high intelligence.

The very few genius that I´ve met in my life (real ones not like in the internet where everybody has a IQ over 120) were people with poor social skills and very far from being "cool", succesful with women...

Eldritch
05-24-2011, 01:10 PM
The very few genius that I´ve met in my life (real ones not like in the internet where everybody has a IQ over 120) were people with poor social skills and very far from being "cool", succesful with women...

Indeed, I'm sure there are exceptions as well, but this is my own experience as well.

I wonder if there are any studies on the correlation between intelligence and social skills?

Groenewolf
05-24-2011, 03:19 PM
Ive always wondered if those things are credible or what? The last time I took an IQ test it was when i was about 16 and the result was like 113 or 117... and I was told that was average but I felt it was low..

They called that average?:eek: Where you going to some high level school or something like that, because I could see no other way they would have called that average.

Юлия
05-24-2011, 03:47 PM
The most intelligent nations are Germans and Swedes in my opinion. Have no idea about the least intelligent nation...

Talvi
05-24-2011, 06:36 PM
They called that average?:eek: Where you going to some high level school or something like that, because I could see no other way they would have called that average.

Nop, I didnt even go to the school in the capital.. and often my friends in Tallinn joke that Im from a "village"... but Im not.

And about the Japanese. I dont know. Its hard to meet one who would actually be good at something or actually know something. Not only arent most of them unable to learn a second language properly, they also have no ideas about European or their own Japanese history or culture. They appear quite organized, but they are actually quite messy and seem to fail at most things. (yeah lots of mean blabber but Im a Japanologist and meet Japanese people almost on a daily basis)

Comte Arnau
05-24-2011, 06:41 PM
Those IQs overrate technical and logical skills and undervalue emotional intelligence, something that was pretty much ignored just a decade ago.

Albion
10-25-2011, 06:30 PM
I've seen all the figures before, but in my opinion I'd say:

Germans
Dutch
Scandinavians
French
English
Finns
Other Brits
Spanish
The rest...

It's pretty close run between most ethnicities in Europe really.

Balmung
10-25-2011, 06:41 PM
I know that Scandinavia (& Iceland, Finland), Switzerland, Netherlands, Britain, France, & Germany are all in atleast the Top 20 of most innovative nations.

Ushtari
10-25-2011, 06:44 PM
I'll definitely say Scandinavia, more precisely Sweden.

arcticwolf
10-25-2011, 06:45 PM

You obviously haven't been to "Ethnic Superiority" lecture lately! Cutting classes aren't we? :p

Mordid
10-25-2011, 06:48 PM
Dumb Polack

arcticwolf
10-25-2011, 06:53 PM
Dumb Polack

I beg your pardon! My IQ is a whopping 56!!!! Thank you very much! :p

Libertas
10-25-2011, 06:56 PM
It's no use having a gift like a high IQ if your country is a chaotic mess.

Tabiti
10-25-2011, 07:01 PM
Please, define "intelligent" first. There are different types of intelligence. For example, no Swede is going to survive in the jungle, no matter how much he gets on the MENSA test, while the "inferior" pygmy will. The opposite is also true. See, everything is relative.

The Alchemist
10-25-2011, 07:22 PM
The Albanians i know have a chicken brain.

Drawing-slim
10-25-2011, 07:22 PM
I agree with tabiti here.
Depends how you measure intelligence which area
Dicipline will most likely will result to success but we know a whole lot of undiciplined geniouses that were selfdistructive and total failiours in their personal achievments.
I personally plaid poker for a living without working a single day for about ten years straight. Not much school in life but i have come across Phd graduates that looked realy dumb to me. No joke.

I can give infinite examples of deferent smarts that will put some northern everage europeans to shame. Judging only from some albanian friends i have goten to know in the western europe in my teenage years living there.

Caeruleus
10-25-2011, 07:28 PM
On average I would say nordic people (norwegians, swedes, danes) not because they are extraordinarily gifted but because they have acces to a better social security system, better healthcare services, better schooling system. When you're healthy and bellyful you take greater interest in education. :)

I would mention Russia too simply because they had and still have one of the best scientists in all possible fields. No nordic or western country can match Russia's brain resource.

Drawing-slim
10-25-2011, 07:38 PM
The Albanians i know have a chicken brain.One needs to only look at albanian history to realise that the odds of surviving as ethnicity and culture were astronomicaly stacked up against.
And to come up with two independent own countries in 21 century in the middle of europe, its not e miracle, nor fate, its only due to the sumpreme intelligence that alabanians do posses just to have survive, let alone having two countries.
Obviously you're to dumb to think a little deeper then judging a whole ethnicity based on couple people you known.

Albion
10-25-2011, 07:39 PM
When you go onto a chav estate in Britain or a similar such place in Europe it does make you wonder - "How can we be one of the most intelligent nations with cretins like these?"
Such occurrences make me wonder how thick the rest of the world really must be to be outsmarted by people such as these. :rolleyes2:

Drawing-slim
10-25-2011, 07:45 PM
When you go onto a chav estate in Britain or a similar such place in Europe it does make you wonder - "How can we be one of the most intelligent nations with cretins like these?"
Such occurrences make me wonder how thick the rest of the world really must be to be outsmarted by people such as these. :rolleyes2:The most clever post in this thread so far:D

Wanderlust
10-25-2011, 07:49 PM
There's no such thing as 'intelligent' or 'dumb' ethnicity. Additionally, we can't 'measure' intelligence.

research_centre
10-25-2011, 09:59 PM
Ahahahaha look the subsaharian Africa ahahahahahaah

Well, we can say one thing that chart doesn't lie!

research_centre
10-25-2011, 10:01 PM

I wonder why?

Peyrol
10-25-2011, 10:01 PM
According to the last nordic supremacist trends in this forum, these man were totally stupid :laugh::laugh::laugh:

http://biografieonline.it/img/bio/l/Leonardo_da_Vinci.jpg

http://www.grifotour.com/obj/image/Galileo_Galilei_3.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/d4/Enrico_Fermi_1943-49.jpg/220px-Enrico_Fermi_1943-49.jpg

research_centre
10-25-2011, 10:05 PM
According to the last nordic supremacist trends in this forum, these man were totally stupid :laugh::laugh::laugh:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/d4/Enrico_Fermi_1943-49.jpg/220px-Enrico_Fermi_1943-49.jpg

And the list of Italian men of genius and superiority could go on for pages. The so-called Nordic Supermacists here who think otherwise, (and being half-Italic and Nordic myself I can say so) are completley full of shite.

Curtis24
10-25-2011, 10:05 PM
nvm.

Curtis24
10-25-2011, 10:06 PM
And the list of Italian superiority could go on for pages. The so-called Nordic supermacists here who think otherwise, (and being half-Italic and Nordic myself I can say so) are completley full of shite.

From what I've seen of IQ maps, it seems, the most intelligent area is Central Europe - including South Germany, Austria, North Italy.

The Alchemist
10-25-2011, 10:10 PM
One needs to only look at albanian history to realise that the odds of surviving as ethnicity and culture were astronomicaly stacked up against.
And to come up with two independent own countries in 21 century in the middle of europe, its not e miracle, nor fate, its only due to the sumpreme intelligence that alabanians do posses just to have survive, let alone having two countries.
Obviously you're to dumb to think a little deeper then judging a whole ethnicity based on couple people you known.

Take it easy, i was ironic. I didn't say "Albanians in general are stupids", it was referred to some ones that i personally know. Why are you now saying that i'm a dumb?? Then again, how can you judge someone you don't know? (That's the "teaching" you were trying to give me). As you can see, i don't get angry if someone says unpolite things to me, so you should learn something more. You say that i'm dumb to judge but you're the first who judge somebody else. Be a bit humble, so i could be probably interested in what you say.

Drawing-slim
10-26-2011, 01:41 AM
Take it easy, i was ironic. I didn't say "Albanians in general are stupids", it was referred to some ones that i personally know. Why are you now saying that i'm a dumb?? Then again, how can you judge someone you don't know? (That's the "teaching" you were trying to give me). As you can see, i don't get angry if someone says unpolite things to me, so you should learn something more. You say that i'm dumb to judge but you're the first who judge somebody else. Be a bit humble, so i could be probably interested in what you say.Ok relax:) I'll be humble and nice enough to tell you dont dig a deeper hole for yourself on this argument:p bisides, I didn't throw rocks at you!:d

Also, since when is this writen rule that being calm and colectd frozen cold statu like is the iedeal sepuriority of a character?!
I think you people are wacthimg too much movies and readimg to many novels only serial killers and movie characters are based on these types

I think this agenda of north western dudes preacjong ceratain syerptype of themselves is more dangerous then the jewish agenda, but lucku for us only some sshallow eastern girls fall for this bullshit trap! Lool so dont be one of those:D
I would describe itore like tje weather we grw up in, north western people have mostlu cloudy fogy days all ear around,down by adriadic, we got it all, so then all the colors of mood swings as well:p nothing to do whom is smarter or dumber

Logan
10-26-2011, 01:59 AM
Ok relax:) I'll be humble and nice enough to tell you dont dig a deeper hole for yourself on this argument:p bisides, I didn't throw rocks at you!:d

Also, since when is this writen rule that being calm and colectd frozen cold statu like is the iedeal sepuriority of a character?!
I think you people are wacthimg too much movies and readimg to many novels only serial killers and movie characters are based on these types

I think this agenda of north western dudes preacjong ceratain syerptype of themselves is more dangerous then the jewish agenda, but lucku for us only some sshallow eastern girls fall for this bullshit trap! Lool so dont be one of those:D
I would describe itore like tje weather we grw up in, north western people have mostlu cloudy fogy days all ear around,down by adriadic, we got it all, so then all the colors of mood swings as well:p nothing to do whom is smarter or dumber

http://thefengshuivoice.com/image_store/uploads/9/0/4/4/4/ar124024025144409.jpg

Drawing-slim
10-26-2011, 02:20 AM
Where is your humor wilfred? why such clown passive agressive faggot like reply of you?:d

Phil75231
10-26-2011, 02:35 AM
Repeat after me, people.

IQ tests are too limited in scope and too dependent on conventional types of academic achievement to be a reliable indicator of overall intelligence.

Incal
10-26-2011, 02:38 AM

If by supreme intelligence you mean your ability to bend over then I have to agree :D

Jake Featherston
10-26-2011, 02:43 AM

Its a little far-fetched to assume that that Nobel Prizes are thus given out solely on the basis of merit then, I should think. I mean, if 80 percent of Nobel Prize winners were from some relatively innocuous group, but Jews? Its safe to say that Jews symbolize All That is Good to much of the Western ruling elite, and Nobel Prizes have been used by the elite in order to confer celebrity status upon their servitors in many instances. I think there may be some selection bias working in the favor of non-Gentile Nobel nominees.

Of course, I don't really think that "80%" figure is correct, either.

Drawing-slim
10-26-2011, 02:55 AM
If by supreme intelligence you mean your ability to bend over then I have to agree :DClearly im dealing with some anoying redicilious geeks in this thread.

One guy chooses the lamest fakest sadest pathetic actor in movie history as his super hero avatar which is enough said about who he is and acts acorndinly, wilfred:D

The other fakir country never heard from calling albanians as bend over types.
What a sad fucking jokes you are:ddd really! lol

Armand_Duval
10-26-2011, 04:21 AM
I know alot of friends that smoke marijuana and they are quite dumb. Don't know what is the situation in Netherlands :D
But IMO the most intelligent in Europe are northern european ethnicities
I partially agree.

What are less than 300 years of nor european success compared to virtually thousands of years of mediterranea glory?.

Unurautare
10-26-2011, 05:13 AM
"Most/least intelligent ethnicity in Europe? "

I dunno so I'll assume Romanians are the smartest and the rest of you are dumb as fk. =))

oyster
10-26-2011, 05:30 AM
Intelligence alone is not enough. Intelligence is a MUST but it HAS to be doubled by knowledge and common sense.

Zephyr
10-26-2011, 05:35 AM
Repeat after me, people.

IQ tests are too limited in scope and too dependent on conventional types of academic achievement to be a reliable indicator of overall intelligence.

Most accurate reply til now.

Star Valley
10-26-2011, 05:38 AM
Regarding education system, I would say that the British are and the German are the top most intelligent systems.

Queen B
10-26-2011, 06:59 AM
Intelligence alone is not enough. Intelligence is a MUST but it HAS to be doubled by knowledge and common sense.

That's the best reply I have read so far.

rhiannon
10-26-2011, 08:05 AM
Repeat after me, people.

What he said..

Libertas
10-26-2011, 08:25 AM

Leonardo and Galileo (red-haired) were not exactly of typical Italian appearance.:)
Fermi yes.

safinator
10-26-2011, 08:31 AM
Intelligence wise my vote goes to Italians and Germans.

rhiannon
10-26-2011, 09:30 AM
This post is divisive and also bound to end poorly:(

The Alchemist
10-26-2011, 09:41 AM
If by supreme intelligence you mean your ability to bend over then I have to agree :D

Let him be....he's just Albanian, he's not his fault to be this way!!!!!

Peyrol
10-26-2011, 10:05 AM
Leonardo and Galileo (red-haired) were not exactly of typical Italian appearance.:)
Fermi yes.

Of course, they arrived from Zeta Reticuli :laugh:

Riki
10-26-2011, 10:18 AM
“The difference between genius and stupidity is; genius has its limits.”
― Albert Einstein

“I know that I am intelligent, because I know that I know nothing.”
Socrates

“Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know.”
Ernest Hemingway

“No intelligent idea can gain general acceptance unless some stupidity is mixed in with it”
― Fernando Pessoa

Some intelligent people.

Zephyr
10-26-2011, 10:37 AM
Fermi yes.

Ferrari, Lamborghini, Pininfarina, Michelotti, Piaggio, Beretta...

All radio communication technology we take for granted would not be possible without Marconi's giant leap.

Espresso coffees would not be possible without Moriondo's invention.

Hundreds of geniuses who changed the world, I'm sure they were not a group of racially atypical italians.

Peyrol
10-26-2011, 10:41 AM

All radio communication technology we take for granted would not be possible without Marconi's giant leap.

Hundreds of geniuses who changed the world, I'm sure they were not a group of racially atypical italians.

Are you joking? Italy has never invented anything.
Because we're all wog, you never seen the Godfather or the Sopranos? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Drawing-slim
10-26-2011, 06:21 PM
Let him be....he's just Albanian, he's not his fault to be this way!!!!!"brevity is the soul of wit" you incal and wilfred are desperatly etempting to be short, but failed so moserably to be wity. And instead domostrated your miniscule insect like existences that you are.
Beacuse none of you were capable to refute my arguments in a civil maner, athough i presented humour with my irrefutable cliams.

All you did is responed with clown passive agressive bitternes and lack of humour and no logical disputs.
So its clear you are the jokes.

Libertas
10-26-2011, 06:24 PM

Marconi was half Irish.

Peyrol
10-26-2011, 06:29 PM
Marconi was half Irish.

So, definitely a pasta eater and Guinnes drinker :laugh:

Eldritch
10-26-2011, 06:38 PM
Regarding education system, I would say that the British are and the German are the top most intelligent systems.

Well, British people are smart all right, but their public education system is notoriously bad.

Star Valley
10-26-2011, 07:06 PM
Well, British people are smart all right, but their public education system is notoriously bad.In the end what matters is that their people are educated and knowledgeable. I am unsure how it is in practice now in conjunction with corruption (corruption would ruin any public education system), but for many decades, even centuries, the British Education system was a master mind. Their Universities are superior to many, and many of their former colonies birthed some of the most influential people of all time, and some of the most educated countries in the world.

Albion
10-26-2011, 07:15 PM
"brevity is the soul of wit" you incal and wilfred are desperatly etempting to be short, but failed so moserably to be wity. And instead domostrated your miniscule insect like existences that you are.
Beacuse none of you were capable to refute my arguments in a civil maner, athough i presented humour with my irrefutable cliams.

All you did is responed with clown passive agressive bitternes and lack of humour and no logical disputs.

Lol @ rant :D

Wit is either something which you have naturally and sometimes don't even notice or something you try to emulate.

And to come up with two independent own countries in 21 century in the middle of europe, its not e miracle, nor fate,

I don't know, it is something of a miracle when you see how many ethnicities haven't made it till the present day.
That's how I think of ancestry - it's purely good luck and chance that any of us are about today - just imagine if your ancestor died or something in the past didn't happen leading to you never being born!

Anyway, back to the subject. I wouldn't say that Kosovo was born out of Albanian intelligence, more out of Albanian want of existence more than anything. Albanians survive because they either haven't let themselves become assimilated, no one has tried hard enough to assimilated you or because you're protected by geography.

A lot of it comes down to chance really - if there was no North Sea nor English Channel then there'd probably be no English - just Dutch and French here.
If there were no mountains around Albania and formerly lawless regions inhabited by various mountain tribes the Albanians too would probably be Greeks or Serbs by now.

A part of it probably comes down to intelligence, but I;d say will to survive and chance play more important parts.

Templar
10-26-2011, 07:19 PM

We can’t base our findings on the IQ scores from the study that this chart represents. The scores are skewed because of the immigrant populations some of the countries are burdened with. If you consider the top five, Hong Kong, South Korea, Japan, Taiwan, and Singapore are all close to pure societies with very few immigrants; it becomes obvious that countries like the UK, ranked 12th with an average IQ of 100, is burdened with the population of Jamaicans who’s country is ranked 69th with an average IQ of 72. Another example is Germany, ranked 6th with an average IQ of 102, is burdened with a population of Turks who’s country is ranked 40th with an average IQ of 90.

My state of Texas faces a similar problem when we are ranked against the other states for things such as high school dropout rates, teen pregnancies, crime, reading levels, etc. If you were to take all of the Mexicans out of the equation, I have no doubt Texas would be at the top of the list in most cases.

However, I would have to go with the Germans for the most intelligent, based on my business dealings they have an attention to detail and organization, also the quality of their engineered products, and history, a large number of the major accomplishments for mankind in the past 100 years can be traced back to Germany.

I have no idea on the least intelligent

Albion
10-26-2011, 07:20 PM
In the end what matters is that their people are educated and knowledgeable. I am unsure how it is in practice now in conjunction with corruption (corruption would ruin any public education system), but for many decades, even centuries, the British Education system was a master mind. Their Universities are superior to many, and many of their former colonies birthed some of the most influential people of all time, and some of the most educated countries in the world.

The British education systems became infested with liberal do-gooders who taught our kids a load of wacky ideas and failed to show discipline and educate them in important subjects at a high standard.
We still turn out some bright kids, but also there's a lot of dumb ones who are basically never pushed into achieving more. I don't mind admitting I was one of the latter, fortunately I was pushed to do better by a few good, old fashioned teachers and did quite well in the end after all. :coffee:

Albion
10-26-2011, 07:24 PM
In the end what matters is that their people are educated and knowledgeable. I am unsure how it is in practice now in conjunction with corruption (corruption would ruin any public education system), but for many decades, even centuries, the British Education system was a master mind. Their Universities are superior to many, and many of their former colonies birthed some of the most influential people of all time, and some of the most educated countries in the world.

Also the British education system still is the best in the world - if you're a rich snob who can afford to go private. ;)

Star Valley
10-26-2011, 08:03 PM
Also the British education system still is the best in the world - if you're a rich snob who can afford to go private. ;)Or a born genius, or even someone with an intense hunger for knowledge; this is seen in any of the major education systems of Europe.

The Alchemist
10-26-2011, 09:00 PM
"brevity is the soul of wit" you incal and wilfred are desperatly etempting to be short, but failed so moserably to be wity. And instead domostrated your miniscule insect like existences that you are.

Yes, you're very right, you belong to the most intelligent and superior ethnicity in the world, and we are just poor people comparing to you.
You're very wise and close to the Nirvana!!!!

research_centre
10-26-2011, 09:03 PM
So, definitely a pasta eater and Guinnes drinker :laugh:

He was paternally Italian, which says plenty to me.

research_centre
10-26-2011, 09:08 PM
From what I've seen of IQ maps, it seems, the most intelligent area is Central Europe - including South Germany, Austria, North Italy.

Before you start the Northern Italy bullshite, early inventors and inventions in Italy of the 1300's and earlier Rome, and Rome is not Northern Italy.

http://www.mariamilani.com/ancient_rome/ancient_roman_inventions.htm

antonio
10-26-2011, 09:15 PM
I know that Scandinavia (& Iceland, Finland), Switzerland, Netherlands, Britain, France, & Germany are all in atleast the Top 20 of most innovative nations.

That's all about organization and centuries of well governance. In the context of Europe and White America (obviously) there're by no means more intelligent than the rest. Moreover I would merciless drop at least Icelanders (mere fishermen stuck on polar latitudes) from that group: and, as the opposite case, which would you say were the most succesful Germanic tribes? Clearly the ones being able to move into the warmer and more fertile Roman empire like Suevians, Visigoths, etc...:D

Libertas
10-26-2011, 09:16 PM
Marconi's father came from the Bologna area of Northern Italy.

Libertas
10-26-2011, 09:18 PM
He was paternally Italian, which says plenty to me.

It tells us he was half Italian and half something else (Irish in his case).
What else?:confused:

research_centre
10-26-2011, 09:18 PM
It tells us he was half Italian and half something else (Irish in his case).
What else?:confused:

The mother was Irish.

Libertas
10-26-2011, 09:19 PM
Before you start the Northern Italy bullshite, early inventors and inventions in Italy of the 1300's and earlier Rome, and Rome is not Northern Italy.

http://www.mariamilani.com/ancient_rome/ancient_roman_inventions.htm

Most "Roman" inventions were by Greeks living in the Roman Empire.

Eliades
10-26-2011, 09:20 PM
Definitely British, then French, Scandinavians, Germans, Italians, Spanish, Russians, Czechs, and Greeks.

research_centre
10-26-2011, 09:22 PM
Most "Roman" inventions were by Greeks living in the Roman Empire.

I can tell you it would be best if you reviewed your books because that is not true. They were influenced by Greece, but Greeks in Rome were NOT responsible for all Roman inventions of the time.

Libertas
10-26-2011, 09:24 PM
I fear you need to study the matter more closely.
Even Roman concrete was developed from a Punic technique from North Africa.

research_centre
10-26-2011, 09:33 PM
I fear you need to study the matter more closely.
Even Roman concrete was developed from a Punic technique from North Africa.

Is believed to have been borrowed from a concept, although that is not established fact, yet regardless the Punic technique was in no way what we know as Roman concrete. The Romans first invented what today we call hydraulic cement-based concrete.

Templar
10-26-2011, 09:46 PM
Repeat after me, people.

That’s a subjective observation. If one were to score high on a standard IQ test, I’m sure he, or she, would not agree with your assertion. But you do have a point. The test utilized by our Intelligence Agencies has changed in recent years and is now focused more on an individual’s capacity and proficiency in lateral thought, rather than what is referred to as rut thought or rut thinking. In addition, the test we administer to our military officers is different from the test we use for our special operations soldiers. In other words, people have the ability to be highly intelligent in varying capacities and we are now better at identifying what kind of intellectual thinker we need in what area of service.

Humanophage
10-26-2011, 10:32 PM
I'd imagine intelligence commonly denotes logical and reasoning skills. It does not mean overall savviness, streetwise, empathy, self-expression, leadership, practicality, competence, speech skills and so forth. An intelligent person may well be utterly mad.

I like Lynn's idea of comparing IQ across nations (here (http://www.isteve.com/IQ_Table.htm) is a better table with sources and original measurements), but I do not find his data very sound. Too many adjustments, too often the data are taken in unusual regions. For instance, for China the tests were administered in Shanghai and Beijing - considering the enormous disparity, they would obviously be drastically smarter than the Chinese average. Which is probably around 94-96 (Raven, Zhang 1993). That does not apply to Europe to such a degree. I'd think a lot of the 3-point differences in Europe really mean nothing.

arcticwolf
10-27-2011, 02:23 AM
I'd imagine intelligence commonly denotes logical and reasoning skills. It does not mean overall savviness, streetwise, empathy, self-expression, leadership, practicality, competence, speech skills and so forth. An intelligent person may well be utterly mad.

I like Lynn's idea of comparing IQ across nations (here (http://www.isteve.com/IQ_Table.htm) is a better table with sources and original measurements), but I do not find his data very sound. Too many adjustments, too often the data are taken in unusual regions. For instance, for China the tests were administered in Shanghai and Beijing - considering the enormous disparity, they would obviously be drastically smarter than the Chinese average. Which is probably around 94-96 (Raven, Zhang 1993). That does not apply to Europe to such a degree. I'd think a lot of the 3-point differences in Europe really mean nothing.

My Russian brother, you make too much sense! That's not what this is all about. Facts don't matter! Ego pumping is a serious business for some people :D

Solomon_Grundy
10-27-2011, 08:29 PM
This man ( Scott Levy aka Raven) have a IQ of 143 and is a member of MENSA. he's a pro wrestler...and a jew (with some italian ancestry too)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/ea/Raven20041212.jpg/220px-Raven20041212.jpg

Nobody could never guess that just by looking at him.:p

Solomon_Grundy
10-27-2011, 09:24 PM

In opposition to nordicism, there were people like the italian anthropologist Giuseppe Sergi who wrote many books about the mediterranean race (people) and their ''intellectual superiority'' over northern europeans.

from wikipedia :

Sergi's initial contribution was to oppose the use of the cephalic index to model population ancestry, arguing that over all cranial morphology was more useful. [3] However, Sergi's major theoretical achievement was his model of human ancestry, fully articulated in his books Human Variation (Varietà umane. Principio e metodo di classificazione) and The Mediterranean Race (1901), in which he argued that the earliest European peoples arose from original populations in the Horn of Africa, and were related to Hamitic peoples. This primal "Eurafrican race" split into three main groups, the Hamites, the Mediterranean race and the north European Nordic race. Semitic people were closely related to Mediterraneans but constituted a distinct "Afroasian" group[3]. The four great branches of the Mediterranean stock were the Libyans or Berbers , the Ligurians, the Pelasgians and the Iberians. Ancient Egyptians were considered by Sergi as a branch of the Libyans.

According to Sergi the Mediterranean race, the "greatest race in the world", was responsible for the great civilisations of ancient times, including those of Egypt, Carthage, Greece and Rome. These Mediterranean peoples were quite distinct from the peoples of northern Europe. [3]

Sergi argued that the Mediterraneans were more creative and imaginative than other peoples, which explained their ancient cultural and intellectual achievements, but that they were by nature volatile and unstable. In his book The Decline of the Latin Nations he argued that Northern Europeans had developed stoicism, tenacity and self-discipline due to the cold climate, and so were better adapted to succeed in modern civic cultures and economies

Anti-Nordicism
These theories were developed in opposition to Nordicism, the claim that the Nordic race was of pure Aryan stock and naturally superior to other Europeans. Sergi ridiculed Nordicists who claimed that the leaders of ancient Greek and Roman civilization were Germanic in origin and argued that the Germanic invasions at the end of the Roman empire had produced "delinquency, vagabondage and ferocity". Sergi believed that the Aryans were originally "Eurasiatic" barbarians who migrated from the Hindu Kush into Europe. He argued that the Italians had originally spoken a Hamitic language before the Aryan (Indo-European) Italic language spread across the country. Some Aryan influence was detectable in Northern Italy, but, racially speaking, southern Italians were unaffected by Aryan migrants.

Sergi expanded on these theories in later publications. Despite his denigration of Aryans and emphasis on Mediterranean racial identity, he denied that he was motivated by national pride, asserting that his works had the "goal of establishing the veracity of the facts without racial prejudice, without diminishing the value of one human type in order to exalt another one."

His last book, The Britons (1936) sought to trace the rise of the British Empire to the Mediterranean component of the British population.

Mussolini about nordicism :
''Thirty centuries of history allow us to look with supreme pity on certain doctrines which are preached beyond the Alps by the descendants of those who were illiterate when Rome had Caesar, Virgil and Augustus. ” —Benito Mussolini, 1934

My opinion is that intelligence is more related to environnement rather than race.

Albion
10-27-2011, 09:51 PM
Sergi was full of shit then.

Treffie
10-29-2011, 11:24 AM

I think the top spot would go to Finland (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8601207.stm)

Tabiti
10-29-2011, 11:31 AM
We're usually in the top 10 of international Maths, Physics and Informatics olympiads. Search for some statistics if you don't believe me.

Zephyr
10-31-2011, 05:26 AM
We're usually in the top 10 of international Maths, Physics and Informatics olympiads. Search for some statistics if you don't believe me.

I know this. The former eastern block is a remarkable source of scientists. Medicine was always years ahead of that practiced in the "west", where research is dictated by private lobbies in order to satisfy their stock markets value.