PDA

View Full Version : Interracial relationships

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Laudanum
07-14-2011, 11:56 AM
So an Arab born in England is English and Abraham Lincoln is not?
A Black lady born is Ireland is Irish and Hayley Westenra is not?
African Americans should be called Americans?
White Africans should be called Africans?
New Zealand Europeans should be push aside and called no bodies and race mix with everyone else because there is only one race the human race, we are all the same and we should love each other?
Interracial relationships are the best?
Multiculturalism is cool?
And there is no point at having a websites like this because it is racist and preservation of your heritage is for racist only?
Everyone hold hands and be friends?

An Arab born in England is an Arab living in England. Abraham Lincoln is an American.

A muslim living in England hasn't got English ancestry, but he lives there and if he has done so for many years, he will become culturally disconnected from his fatherland.

Multiculturalism on a very small scale can be healthy in my opinion.

Having websites like this is great. It's great to laugh at people like you.

CelticViking
07-14-2011, 11:58 AM
There are huge differences between the Old World and the New World, believe me.

I know that but most New Zealanders still speak English and we are ruled by the Queen. Men open doors for ladies and we eat fish and chips. New Zealand Europeans still have European culture.

Laudanum
07-14-2011, 12:00 PM
I know that but most New Zealanders still speak English and we are ruled by the Queen. Men open doors for ladies and we eat fish and chips. New Zealand Europeans still have European culture.

We sometimes eat Asian food here. Does that make us Asian?:rolleyes:

Amapola
07-14-2011, 12:02 PM
. Men open doors for ladies

:mmmm:
then....

New Zealand Europeans still have European culture
No. European men don't open doors for women :D

Murphy
07-14-2011, 12:02 PM

Multiculturalism has always existed. The industrial revolution had simply made it a negative because it greatly enlarged the issue.

Paris, Rome, London etc., these have been multicultural centres since they gained any measure of importance. But the multiculturalism of the past is nothing like the political multiculturalism we face today, vast ghettoes of foreigners etc.

Murphy
07-14-2011, 12:03 PM

I do!

Laudanum
07-14-2011, 12:04 PM
I do!

That's why you're an Omega male, Murphy. Girls hate it when men open doors for them.:rolleyes:

CelticViking
07-14-2011, 12:06 PM
We sometimes eat Asian food here. Does that make us Asian?:rolleyes:

Eww, If I eat Asian food my face will go all yellow and then I'll will vomit everywhere.

You enjoy your Asian food and multiculturism and race mixing.

I'll wave my New Zealand flag and be proud of my New Zealand European ancestors that faught for my country and motherland Great Britain.

I'll be a proud New Zealand European with children and grand children and hopefully England won't make them go fight in any more wars.

Bridie
Girls hate it when men open doors for them.:rolleyes:
Girls may hate it, but ladies love it. ;)

Amapola
That's why you're an Omega male, Murphy. Girls hate it when men open doors for them.:rolleyes:

NOT me :( I love when men are gallant to women :embarrassed

Murphy

I thought I was an Omega because I drool over anime, read manga and a ton of fantasy-fiction, spend the majority of my days on a laptop and have a social life that doesn't extend beyond the occasional meet up with friends to play some Magic: The Gathering!

Well now I know better. I shall never open a door for a lady again! In fact I'll make it a point to slam it in her face! Literally!

Laudanum
07-14-2011, 12:07 PM
Girls may hate it, but ladies love it. ;)

Lol, I was just kidding. :D

Eww, If I eat Asian food my face will go all yellow and then I'll will vomit everywhere.

You enjoy your Asian food and multiculturism and race mixing.

I'll wave my New Zealand flag and be proud of my New Zealand European ancestors that faught for my country and motherland Great Britain.

But if we race mix and all that stuff over here, then why would you still be proud to be a New Zealand European?;)

Murphy
07-14-2011, 12:09 PM
Sorry but CV is right on one thing my friend: Asian food is disgusting :P.

Laudanum
07-14-2011, 12:09 PM

I don't race mix and I hate Asian food.;) That wasn't my point, though. Lol.:D

CelticViking
07-14-2011, 12:27 PM
But if we race mix and all that stuff over here, then why would you still be proud to be a New Zealand European?;)

Because that means European will mean mixed race and so will American and New Zealand European. So we can all hold hands and love each other yay Black Power for life and then you can say I am not European because I'm not Black. And I'll be nothing because Albino are called White too even though they have black parents and Aryan is "racist" and Pakeha means Sea god but i'm not a sea god. So I am nothing. New Zealanders,Americans, Afrikaans and Canadians will be nothing. And Europeans will be Mixed race yay for Multiculturism. Who needs Europeans or Americans or European New Zealands?. They may have invented planes, light bulbs and jet packs but non Whites are way cooler. We can all be hunters again and eat each other until there are only 2 of us left then we can repopulate the Earth again. The Ragnarok will be a true story then and you and your friends won't gang up on me every 5 minutes and treat me like i am nothing just because I'm proud of my White European heritage.

Pallantides
07-14-2011, 12:36 PM
Sushi is freaking delicious.

Grumpy Cat
07-14-2011, 12:37 PM

Thai is alright, though I agree on the rest of it.

Bridie
07-14-2011, 12:38 PM
Sushi is freaking delicious.Blah... :p

Give me a nice satay stir-fry with Hokkien noodles and fried rice anyday!!! :D

Grumpy Cat
07-14-2011, 12:41 PM
Multiculturalism has always existed. The industrial revolution had simply made it a negative because it greatly enlarged the issue.

Paris, Rome, London etc., these have been multicultural centres since they gained any measure of importance. But the multiculturalism of the past is nothing like the political multiculturalism we face today, vast ghettoes of foreigners etc.

Canadian multiculturalism worked until the dawn of political correctness. That just made it a problem. Canada has been multicultural since the day the country was born, but there never were really any problems with it until the 2000s or so.

Grumpy Cat
07-14-2011, 12:42 PM
Sushi is freaking delicious.

I only like spicy salmon rolls.

But they taste like Nova Scotia lox, that's probably why I like it.

Grumpy Cat
07-14-2011, 12:43 PM
So I love Indian food. What does that make me?

Pallantides
07-14-2011, 12:44 PM
I also love Japanese Seaweed chips.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0d/TaoKaeNoi_Seaweed.JPG

*drool*

BeerBaron
07-14-2011, 12:48 PM
Canadian multiculturalism worked until the dawn of political correctness. That just made it a problem. Canada has been multicultural since the day the country was born, but there never were really any problems with it until the 2000s or so.

I don't know about that, we've always had issues with the indians. they thought it would be over in 2 generations in 1928, that didnt happen. Then the tribal schools issues and ect ect ect ugh. The the gov tried to give the HBC control of them and ugh what a mess, least you dont have many where you are at they are a nightmare.

Grumpy Cat
07-14-2011, 12:50 PM
I don't know about that, we've always had issues with the indians. they thought it would be over in 2 generations in 1928, that didnt happen. Then the tribal schools issues and ect ect ect ugh. The the gov tried to give the HBC control of them and ugh what a mess, least you dont have many where you are at they are a nightmare.

Acadians and Indians have always gotten along, for 500 years. There has always been mutual respect between us.

Residential schools were immoral, sorry.

BeerBaron
07-14-2011, 12:58 PM
Acadians and Indians have always gotten along, for 500 years. There has always been mutual respect between us.

Residential schools were immoral, sorry.

well you can't exactly claim canada has always had working multiculturalism when there has always been problems between indians and english canadians. just because acadians got along with them doesn't qualify that as a functioning multicultural system, english canadians are canadians too and there are more of them. Plus the acadian indian relations sort of had a common enemy, the english, which probably has more to do with the better relations than any sort of mutual respect.

Grumpy Cat
07-14-2011, 01:02 PM
Plus the acadian indian relations sort of had a common enemy, the english, which probably has more to do with the better relations than any sort of mutual respect.

Actually the Acadians and the Indians got along before the English showed up. Acadians were here 200 years before the English.

But even with English Canadians, multiculturalism worked better. I never hear hostility towards other races from older people, just younger ones. Like there are a lot of Lebanese in the East and the older ones get along with everyone fine and work hard, the young ones won't have anything to do with anyone who is not Lebanese, don't contribute much, and try to start fights.

Older white Atlantic Canadians and older Lebanese adopted from eachother, like you will find a lot of Lebanese food on the supper tables of white Atlantic Canadians, but the young don't do much of anything. They're ghettoised.

Pallantides
07-14-2011, 01:06 PM
Spanish civilization crushed the Indian, English civilization scorned and neglected him, French civilization embraced and cherished him.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1a/Frontenac_with_the_Indians.jpg

Grumpy Cat
07-14-2011, 01:12 PM
^^ This is true Palla.

Well, the French and the Iroquois didn't get along, but they didn't hate all Indians like the English did. But, that's how the world works: not everybody can get along. It's the truth.

I don't think the French "cherished" them in the liberal sense of the word today. :lol: There's no "noble savage" view of them with getting high and dancing naked around a fire thinking they're trying to be Indians like English-speaking liberals do. :lol:

BeerBaron
07-14-2011, 01:12 PM
But even with English Canadians, multiculturalism worked better. I never hear hostility towards other races from older people, just younger ones. Like there are a lot of Lebanese in the East and the older ones get along with everyone fine and work hard, the young ones won't have anything to do with anyone who is not Lebanese, don't contribute much, and try to start fights.

Worked better than what though, the US? I hardly think you can make the claim that canada had a working multicultural system until the 2000's with the french and english fighting, then add on the indian schools of forced assimilation, that's quite the claim to make. I suppose we can say it was more multicultural than "manifest destiny" that the americans did, but we really can't qualify it as multicultural by any stretch of the word.

Laudanum
07-14-2011, 01:59 PM
Because that means European will mean mixed race and so will American and New Zealand European. So we can all hold hands and love each other yay Black Power for life and then you can say I am not European because I'm not Black. And I'll be nothing because Albino are called White too even though they have black parents and Aryan is "racist" and Pakeha means Sea god but i'm not a sea god. So I am nothing. New Zealanders,Americans, Afrikaans and Canadians will be nothing. And Europeans will be Mixed race yay for Multiculturism. Who needs Europeans or Americans or European New Zealands?. They may have invented planes, light bulbs and jet packs but non Whites are way cooler. We can all be hunters again and eat each other until there are only 2 of us left then we can repopulate the Earth again. The Ragnarok will be a true story then and you and your friends won't gang up on me every 5 minutes and treat me like i am nothing just because I'm proud of my White European heritage.

Yeah, sorry to say CelticViking. You're nothing. All you're saying makes total sense to me. Black powah!

I like South African wine and I like Italian pizza's. My laptop was made in China. I guess i'm an Italian Chinese guy from South Africa.

Tel Errant
07-14-2011, 02:33 PM
And something else verboten. Just as all Canadians don't like being compared to Americans, Quebecers don't like being compared to the French. They really get peeved when American stereotypes about France are applied to Quebec (hence why they chimped out on Conan O'Brien that time).

See what I said yesterday about the perception and treatment of Canadians on this forum? It comes from both Americans are Euros.

They just don't like being compared to the French.

Heh. In Quebec the word "francais" (as in referring to the nationality from France) is often preceded by "maudit". Maudit Francais = Fucking French :lol:

C'est faux.

S'il ne s'agit que de stereotypes ce n'est même pas la peine d'en parler tellement ça tombe sous le sens, en revanche dire ou sous entendre que les Québécois rejettent tout lient avec la France relève de la mauvaise foi.
Pour d'évidentes questions culturelles et linguistiques, pour ne pas parler de celle des origines; les Québécois se sentent proches des Français. Et inversement, bien que les liens affectifs qui nous rattachent au Québec soient bien plus faibles comme dans toutes les relations métropole/ex-colonie. Il n'en reste pas moins qu'un Français se sentira toujours plus proche d'un Québécois que d'un Italien ou d'un Espagnol, et peut-être même que d'un Suisse ou d'un Belge.
L'expression "maudit Français", qu'il aurait fallu traduire par "damn French" d'ailleurs, a une connotation historique plus qu'autre chose.

rhiannon
07-14-2011, 02:40 PM
So an Arab born in England is English and Abraham Lincoln is not?
A Black lady born is Ireland is Irish and Hayley Westenra is not?
African Americans should be called Americans?
White Africans should be called Africans?
New Zealand Europeans should be push aside and called no bodies and race mix with everyone else because there is only one race the human race, we are all the same and we should love each other?
Interracial relationships are the best?
Multiculturalism is cool?
And there is no point at having a websites like this because it is racist and preservation of your heritage is for racist only?
Everyone hold hands and be friends?

That would be ideal. Just not sure it can ever realistically happen because people tend to fear those they perceive as too different.

But, let me ask you CV....would it really be so bad if we all did just hold hands and be friends? What would you rather have? Enemies?

I actually understand more of the issues Europeans are facing because most European (and Asian, etc) societies were built for a homogenous population. The understanding I have reached over the past few months tells me that it's the homogeneity of each nation's population that enables them to be prosperous.

Therefore, and especially because European countries are so small in size relative to places like Australia or the US, these nations suffer more severely when they are on the receiving end of a large foreign influx; especially when the people going to their countries come from very different societies whose folkways are going to be alien to the European mindset.

Europe stands to lose a lot more the the US ever will, because of this. I do not speak for Australia because I know nothing of the history there.

Many people think I'm full of shit, but the US was set up with the idea of freedom to escape persecution in mind. Therefore, in my opinion, the US is a sanctuary for all peoples. We are a melting pot that is, at times, harmonious, and at other times...in chaos.

It is certainly not MY place to go telling others to get the hell out. But, the situation in Europe is very different.

I really wish we all could just fucking get along. I don't see it happening any time soon, though.:ohwell:

Hess
07-14-2011, 02:42 PM
You know, I changed my mind on something while reading this thread.

If new Worlders want to call themselves Europeans and pretend to be just like the actual Europeans who still live in Europe, that's fine by me.

If it's that important to them (and it is, judging by this thread), I say go for it. You'll make yourselves look like a idiots in front of real Europeans (who'll be able to spot you from a mile away) but theres nothing more I can do about it. every rational argument has been tried to no avail, and I think now is the time to wash my hands. If you want to continue with your delusions, so be it.

rhiannon
07-14-2011, 02:50 PM

Americans ARE a mixed lot. Of course we are. We come from everywhere....and have ancestry from everywhere.

I agree with the others who say that the whole multiculturalism is best on a smaller scale (insofar as any interracial relationships are going to be) because if it became so grand as to literally stamp out all the unique traits of various peoples of the world....it would be tragic.

But there is no reason relations between races or cultures have to be fraught with fighting about who is "superior" That part is pathetic and unnecessary. We all are human beings and of the same species, because if we weren't, racial mixing wouldn't even be possible.

rhiannon
07-14-2011, 02:51 PM

If new Worlders want to call themselves Europeans and pretend to be just like the actual Europeans who still live in Europe, that's fine by me.

If it's that important to them (and it is, judging by this thread), I say go for it. You'll make yourselves look like a idiots in front of real Europeans (who'll be able to spot you from a mile away) but theres nothing more I can do about it. every rational argument has been tried to no avail, and I think now is the time to wash my hands. If you want to continue with your delusions, so be it.

I am not one of those. I just wish my family history wasn't so far removed from its European roots. But this is because I am not a big fan of many aspects of American culture.

Murphy
07-14-2011, 02:52 PM
Byrne, you in the market for a young, attractive European or religious mind :cool:?

Bridie
07-14-2011, 02:52 PM

If it's that important to them (and it is, judging by this thread), I say go for it. You'll make yourselves look like a idiots in front of real Europeans (who'll be able to spot you from a mile away) but theres nothing more I can do about it. every rational argument has been tried to no avail, and I think now is the time to wash my hands. If you want to continue with your delusions, so be it.In the real world, Anglo-New Worlders don't normally go about pretending to be Europeans. (I can't speak for non-Anglo-New Worlders.)

rhiannon
07-14-2011, 02:56 PM
Byrne, you in the market for a young, attractive European or religious mind :cool:?

I'm happily married to a wonderful man. But, thank you for your compliment. It gave me a big smile:biggrin

Murphy
07-14-2011, 02:57 PM
I'm happily married to a wonderful man. But, thank you for your compliment. It gave me a big smile:biggrin

We can do Mormonism like it was meant to be done :cool:!

The Lawspeaker
07-14-2011, 02:58 PM

If it's that important to them (and it is, judging by this thread), I say go for it. You'll make yourselves look like a idiots in front of real Europeans (who'll be able to spot you from a mile away)
And burst out in roaring laughter. :D

rhiannon
07-14-2011, 02:58 PM
In the real world, Anglo-New Worlders don't normally go about pretending to be Europeans. (I can't speak for non-Anglo-New Worlders.)

Most of us don't. We're too busy spending our hard-earned money at WalMart. :lmao

rhiannon
07-14-2011, 03:00 PM
We can do Mormonism like it was meant to be done :cool:!

Hey...you know about the FLDS eh? That means we'd have to move to Utah, Arizona, or Colorado.

I am impressed at your knowledge. Mormonism is an American-based religion; hell, I have Mormons on both sides of my family even.

Yikes!

Grumpy Cat
07-14-2011, 03:03 PM
C'est faux.

S'il ne s'agit que de stereotypes ce n'est même pas la peine d'en parler tellement ça tombe sous le sens, en revanche dire ou sous entendre que les Québécois rejettent tout lient avec la France relève de la mauvaise foi.
Pour d'évidentes questions culturelles et linguistiques, pour ne pas parler de celle des origines; les Québécois se sentent proches des Français. Et inversement, bien que les liens affectifs qui nous rattachent au Québec soient bien plus faibles comme dans toutes les relations métropole/ex-colonie. Il n'en reste pas moins qu'un Français se sentira toujours plus proche d'un Québécois que d'un Italien ou d'un Espagnol, et peut-être même que d'un Suisse ou d'un Belge.
L'expression "maudit Français", qu'il aurait fallu traduire par "damn French" d'ailleurs, a une connotation historique plus qu'autre chose.

Oui, les Quebecois respectent leurs racines, mais ils n'aiment pas etre compares aux francais. Ca c'est ce que je voulais dire. C'est plus ou moins comparables aux canadiens anglophones qui n'aiment pas etre juxtaposes avec les americains, mais les quebecois ne sont pas aussi sensibles.

Murphy
07-14-2011, 03:04 PM
Hey...you know about the FLDS eh? That means we'd have to move to Utah, Arizona, or Colorado.

I am impressed at your knowledge. Mormonism is an American-based religion; hell, I have Mormons on both sides of my family even.

Yikes!

Well like I said, I'm religiously minded. I make a habit of getting clued up on all the cults out there.

But I know of Mormons more readily because.. well they're everywhere :D. They're not as bad as JW though. They crawl out of the wood-works.

rhiannon
07-14-2011, 03:05 PM
Well like I said, I'm religiously minded. I make a habit of getting clued up on all the cults out there.

But I know of Mormons more readily because.. well they're everywhere :D. They're not as bad as JW though. They crawl out of the wood-works.

JWs are creepy. I believe they also started here in the States.

Grumpy Cat
07-14-2011, 03:07 PM
In the real world, Anglo-New Worlders don't normally go about pretending to be Europeans. (I can't speak for non-Anglo-New Worlders.)

In my observation it's the other way around.

Ask an Anglo what they are and they are like "I am Scottish, English, German, and Dutch", whereas you ask a French-speaking Canadian they respond "I am Acadian" or "I am Quebecois". Some people of Italian descent in Montreal might, but that's usually people who's parents were fresh off the boat and maybe they were born in Italy as well.

I mean yeah, I have ancestors who were Scottish, Scandinavian, French, Spanish, and Portuguese but I don't say I am any of that.

Bridie
07-14-2011, 03:15 PM
In my observation it's the other way around.

Ah well, maybe I should have specified Australians and New Zealanders, instead of saying "Anglo-New Worlders". You could be right about many North American New Worlders. I'm really not sure about them.

In spite of what Celtic Viking says about New Zealanders identifying as Europeans, I've never met any that do... and there are many, many Kiwis here... (also among my own circle of friends).

Groenewolf
07-14-2011, 03:16 PM
:mmmm:
then....

Unless they have actually bothered to read a book on etiquette.;)

Grumpy Cat
07-14-2011, 03:17 PM
Ah well, maybe I should have specified Australians and New Zealanders, instead of saying "Anglo-New Worlders". You could be right about many North American New Worlders. I'm really not sure about them.

In spite of what Celtic Viking says about New Zealanders identifying as Europeans, I've never met any that do... and there are many, many Kiwis here... (also among my own circle of friends).

Yeah, maybe. Actually, I forgot to add in my last post: My father was Faroese (fresh off the boat), one Anglo member actually got mad at me because I don't self-identify as Faroese and accused me of "denying my father's heritage".

He 1. Thinks I should think like him and 2. Thinks Acadians are an inferior culture so thinks I should identify as Faroese.

The Lawspeaker
07-14-2011, 03:50 PM
Unless they have actually bothered to read a book on etiquette.;)
Etiquette is reciprocal to me. If a lady behaves like a lady I will treat her as one. If she doesn't then I don't see why I should treat her as such and the same goes for any gentleman.

Grumpy Cat
07-14-2011, 03:51 PM
^^^ I don't think many people on this forum know what etiquette is.

The Lawspeaker
07-14-2011, 03:56 PM
You know the thing is with etiquette: it quickly turns into stuck-up servility and that's something I despise.
I have too much pride within myself to bow down and say "Sir" and "Ma'am" to those that treat me like shit and that think that they are better then me because they have more money or because they are of "high birth"(whatever that may mean). Instead my pride commands me to treat those people accordingly

Grumpy Cat
07-14-2011, 04:00 PM
You know the thing is with etiquette: it quickly turns into servility and that's something I despise.
I have too much pride within myself to bow down and say "Sir" and "Ma'am" to those that treat me like shit and that think that they are better then me because they have more money or because they are of "high birth"(whatever that may mean). Instead my pride commands me to treat those people accordingly

I am the same way. People I don't know I will treat with respect like if I'm asking for directions in a city I don't know, I will say "Sir" or "Ma'am".

But once you disrespect me I will never respect you, ever.

The Lawspeaker
07-14-2011, 04:02 PM
I am the same way. People I don't know I will treat with respect like if I'm asking for directions in a city I don't know, I will say "Sir" or "Ma'am".

But once you disrespect me I will never respect you, ever.
I guess that these are Republican citizen' values then rather then monarchic servility ;)

Grumpy Cat
07-14-2011, 04:06 PM
I guess that these are Republican citizen' values then rather then monarchic servility ;)

I guess. But I was raised to respect people especially those older than me. My mother would kill me if I didn't. When I see others disrespecting people for no reason I tend to look to their parents. There are even some people on this forum that if I acted like them, my mother would kill me and bury me in a concrete slab at a construction site. Decadent liberal parents they have, I guess.

The Lawspeaker
07-14-2011, 04:07 PM
I guess. But I was raised to respect people especially those older than me. My mother would kill me if I didn't. When I see others disrespecting people for no reason I tend to look to their parents. There are even some people on this forum that if I acted like them, my mother would kill me and bury me in a concrete slab at a construction site. Decadent liberal parents they have, I guess.
Same here. (Conservative catholic mother.. from our version of the deep South. Any Dutchman knows what I am talking about.. :wink)

Grumpy Cat
07-14-2011, 04:07 PM
Same here. (Conservative catholic mother.. from our version of the deep South. Any Dutchman knows what I am talking about.. :wink)

Acadian Catholic mother, you don't mess with them.

The Lawspeaker
07-14-2011, 04:08 PM
Acadian Catholic mother, you don't mess with them.
Surely... you can try it out but you won't walk away in one piece... :cool:

Grumpy Cat
07-14-2011, 04:10 PM
Surely... you can try it out but you won't walk away in one piece... :cool:

You just don't mess with old Acadian women in general. Especially the smaller ones like my mother. The smaller they are, the more vicious.

Oh and Acadian nuns... if al Qaeda ever harnessed the destructive power of an Acadian nun, we'd be screwed.

The Lawspeaker
07-14-2011, 04:12 PM
You just don't mess with old Acadian women in general. Especially the smaller ones like my mother. The smaller they are, the more vicious.
Yap. :D There was one woman in the world that could make me quake in my shoes and that was my 152 cm tall mum. :D

Grumpy Cat
07-14-2011, 04:13 PM
Yap. :D There was one woman in the world that could make me quake in my shoes and that was my 152 cm tall mum. :D

My mother is shorter than yours. ;) 150 cm.

Grumpy Cat
07-14-2011, 04:17 PM
Oh yeah my mother was a "tiger mom" too. If I didn't make the honour roll in school, I was punished. And none of that "grounded for a week but can still go out" nonsense. I was grounded for 6 months: no going out, no TV, no music, no video games, no taking on the phone. It was like a prison sentence.

I also on normal days wasn't allowed out with friends, or to watch TV, play video games, use the computers, or talk on the phone on school nights, only weekends.

I used to envy my peers who were allowed out on school nights and would get gifts for just passing when I was younger, now I don't because the only time we talk now is when they're asking me if I want fries with that.

Groenewolf
07-14-2011, 04:18 PM
Etiquette is reciprocal to me. If a lady behaves like a lady I will treat her as one. If she doesn't then I don't see why I should treat her as such and the same goes for any gentleman.

I am not perfect, there are people out there who are little more then scum and should probably be treated as such. Alto trying to have as little as possible to do with them is better (also for someones nerves). But a gentleman would in theory treat any women well, not just who act like ladies. Lead by example. Would even be easier over the Internet, since people have time to formulate their responses or even to completely ignore someone. Something that is harder in real life.

The Lawspeaker
07-14-2011, 04:21 PM
I am not perfect, there are people out there who are little more then scum and should probably be treated as such. Alto trying to have as little as possible to do with them is better (also for someones nerves). But a gentleman would in theory treat any women well, not just who act like ladies. Lead by example. Would even be easier over the Internet, since people have time to formulate their responses or even to completely ignore someone. Something that is harder in real life.
I have been treated so poorly in the past that I am in no mood to "lead by example"- what you give is what you get. And that particularly goes for women IMHO. Given my previous experiences I have learned that taking the moral high ground is useless in the jungle.

Tel Errant
07-14-2011, 04:21 PM
Oui, les Quebecois respectent leurs racines, mais ils n'aiment pas etre compares aux francais. Ca c'est ce que je voulais dire. C'est plus ou moins comparables aux canadiens anglophones qui n'aiment pas etre juxtaposes avec les americains, mais les quebecois ne sont pas aussi sensibles.

Ce n'est pas tant au respect auquel je pensais mais plutôt au lien affectif important avec leurs racines, d'autant plus renforcé par leur situation d'îlot francophone menacé en Amérique du Nord. C'est en tout cas ma perception des choses.
Pour le reste, qu'ils en aient marre que les Américains les prennent pour des Français à cause de la langue, niant ainsi leur identité québécoise, est une chose que je n'ai pas de mal à concevoir.

Grumpy Cat
07-14-2011, 04:50 PM
Ce n'est pas tant au respect auquel je pensais mais plutôt au lien affectif important avec leurs racines, d'autant plus renforcé par leur situation d'îlot francophone menacé en Amérique du Nord. C'est en tout cas ma perception des choses.
Pour le reste, qu'ils en aient marre que les Américains les prennent pour des Français à cause de la langue, niant ainsi leur identité québécoise, est une chose que je n'ai pas de mal à concevoir.

Mais le lien affectif est avec leur racines franco-canadiens (les Patriots, les Coureurs de Bois, les Habitants, etc.).

Loki
07-14-2011, 08:27 PM

Don't pay too much attention to internet warriors who think they have the right to tell you who you are, or who you identify with. Your heritage and blood is European. End of story. Regardless of what internet people will tell you.

Osweo
07-14-2011, 10:26 PM
An Arab born in England is an Arab living in England. Abraham Lincoln is an American.
When was the first American in Lincoln's family, then? What is the threshold and why?

That attitude is naive, and will always be taken advantage of to push for more and more extreme policies. And when multiculturalism is enacted on a small scale, but with outsiders who tend to have five or more kids each, you reach the large scale very quickly anyway. :coffee:

Having websites like this is great. It's great to laugh at people like you.
Thank God for gentlemen like Greenwolf to show us that there are also gentlemen in the Netherlands. :rolleyes2:

Don't pay too much attention to internet warriors who think they have the right to tell you who you are, or who you identify with. Your heritage and blood is European. End of story. Regardless of what internet people will tell you.
Exactly. :cheers:

Some extra-continental Europeans reject the identity at the present moment in their historical circumstances, but I keep the door open for those that think otherwise. Kin is kin.

Laudanum
07-14-2011, 10:30 PM

I did not say her herritage and/or blood was not European. I just said she isn't a cultural European. Eating fish and chips doesn't make you European.

I also never told her to be anything, I just said she should show a bit more respect to other members, and get her facts straight.

Damn..

Osweo
07-14-2011, 10:36 PM
I did not say her herritage and/or blood was not European. I just said she isn't a cultural European. Eating fish and chips doesn't make you European.
I'm a cultural European because I was raised by my European parents and grandparents, instead of by Inuit or Samoan adoptive family. A fully European New Zealander has exactly the same immediate influences.

A new environment and a specific new history are important, but they haven't existed long enough to over-rule the transplanted European culture.

I also never told her to be anything, I just said she should show a bit more respect to other members, and get her facts straight.
You haven't provided a very good example of respect.

Laudanum
07-14-2011, 10:38 PM
You haven't provided a very good example of respect.

Bullshit. She was the one saying falling in love with another race is a sick fetish. Of course I got angry! What do you expect? She's saying black people are closer to chimps than to white people.

Osweo
07-14-2011, 10:45 PM
Bullshit. She was the one saying falling in love with another race is a sick fetish. Of course I got angry! What do you expect? She's saying black people are closer to chimps than to white people.

Errors should be met with correction, and encouragement to be corrected. Mockery is unproductive and petty, and anger is a wholly inappropriate reaction. :nono:

Laudanum
07-14-2011, 10:47 PM
Errors should be met with correction, and encouragement to be corrected. Mockery is unproductive and petty, and anger is a wholly inappropriate reaction. :nono:

I'm sorry for being a human being. Maybe I overreacted, but I'm not gonna show respect to someone who talks about human beings like that. I'm sorry, Osweo.

Joe McCarthy
07-14-2011, 11:35 PM

I have a hunch that Europeans wouldn't much like the results if European derived New Worlders didn't think of themselves as 'European' in some sense.

Joe McCarthy
07-14-2011, 11:45 PM
I'm unsure who mentioned it earlier but in the US at least Anglo-Americans are certainly the least ethnically aware or least prone to note ancestry. Many of them describe themselves as 'American' on census forms. The affinities for ancestral abodes comes almost exclusively from later European arrivals. It's no surprise, for example, that American Nazi fetishists are very often ethnic Germans or Irish-Americans who bear some lingering resentment toward Anglos. There is a reason why 'ethnics' has typically connoted non-Anglos.

Troll's Puzzle
07-14-2011, 11:50 PM

agreed. Laudinum acting like a dick. Him and Civitas have disgraced the Netherlands in this thread. I will withold from investing my billions from that place :nono:

Austin
07-14-2011, 11:54 PM
I'm unsure who mentioned it earlier but in the US at least Anglo-Americans are certainly the least ethnically aware or least prone to note ancestry. Many of them describe themselves as 'American' on census forms. The affinities for ancestral abodes comes almost exclusively from later European arrivals. It's no surprise, for example, that American Nazi fetishists are very often ethnic Germans or Irish-Americans who bear some lingering resentment toward Anglos. There is a reason why 'ethnics' has typically connoted non-Anglos.

This is true.

My mothers side all comes from small German-created towns in Texas and all speaks German among the old relatives still. My great grandfather would speak German with the Nazi prisoners sent to Texas. Many were even allowed to walk freely in the small German-Texas towns where back then German was still spoken. In those towns Nazi prisoners were treated better than the blacks :)

My fathers side of the family has been here since before the Civil War and is English/Scottish/Scandinavian mixed together and generally doesn't care about it's lineage in comparison. None of them have spoken anything other than English for many decades.

Austin
07-15-2011, 12:21 AM
I'd like to point out that white leftist, tree-hugging, old progressive types can be racist too. The noble, anti-white, pro-equality left is lying to you when they say otherwise.

yvsOADA7P7Y

Hess
07-15-2011, 01:09 AM
agreed. Laudinum acting like a dick. Him and Civitas have disgraced the Netherlands in this thread. I will withold from investing my billions from that place :nono:

How does stating the facts add up to being a dick?

American culture is just not European culture, and no amount of wishful thinking will change that

rhiannon
07-15-2011, 01:12 AM

I've seen a lot of mockery on this thread. Not by you, or even CV (though I disagree with her views), but by one person who seems to have issues with anyone that doesn't drink the koolaid they're selling.

It has been disappointing, to say the least.

rhiannon
07-15-2011, 01:14 AM
I'm sorry for being a human being. Maybe I overreacted, but I'm not gonna show respect to someone who talks about human beings like that. I'm sorry, Osweo.

Agree with this. I find it very upsetting when human beings get called things like mongrel, chimp, etc.. Half the time the commentary is directed at children of interracial unions, and that in itself disgusts me to no end

No one should ever talk of a child in such a cruel manner.

Austin
07-15-2011, 01:21 AM
My best friend was black back in the dizay.

I love draconian cigarette taxes.

I love black nationalists and black purity.

Malcolm X was cool.

I am a white liberal racist.

No like really, I'm liberal, just not your kind of liberal, so that makes me bad and hateful. If only I was your kind of liberal everything could workout.

Isn't it a shame I don't agree with what I'm supposed to agree with? I even shop at whole foods and vote on anti-public smoking initiatives.

Joe McCarthy
07-15-2011, 02:06 AM

American culture is just not European culture, and no amount of wishful thinking will change that

While true, it once again seems to assume a fallacy that Europe is homogeneous enough to constitute a whole in opposition to America. American culture is unquestionably more similar to some European countries' cultures than some European countries' cultures are to each other.

Hess
07-15-2011, 02:09 AM
While true, it once again seems to assume a fallacy that Europe is homogeneous enough to constitute a whole in opposition to America. American culture is unquestionably more similar to some European countries' cultures than some European countries' cultures are to each other.

I've lived in both britain and America and while there may arguably be some very vague similarities, they are very superficial. At the end of the day, I think Brittish and American mentality and psychology is radically different.

Joe McCarthy
07-15-2011, 02:15 AM
I've lived in both britain and America and while there may arguably be some very vague similarities, they are very superficial. At the end of the day, I think Brittish and American mentality and psychology is radically different.

Does an Englishman have more in common with a Russian or an American? I'm sure Osweo will arrive to tell us of his deep commonalities with Ivan from Novgorod, but who is seriously going to claim Bulgars, Slovakians, or Hungarians have more in common with the British than Americans?

CelticViking
07-15-2011, 02:24 AM
That would be ideal. Just not sure it can ever realistically happen because people tend to fear those they perceive as too different.

But, let me ask you CV....would it really be so bad if we all did just hold hands and be friends? What would you rather have? Enemies?

I actually understand more of the issues Europeans are facing because most European (and Asian, etc) societies were built for a homogenous population. The understanding I have reached over the past few months tells me that it's the homogeneity of each nation's population that enables them to be prosperous.

Therefore, and especially because European countries are so small in size relative to places like Australia or the US, these nations suffer more severely when they are on the receiving end of a large foreign influx; especially when the people going to their countries come from very different societies whose folkways are going to be alien to the European mindset.

Europe stands to lose a lot more the the US ever will, because of this. I do not speak for Australia because I know nothing of the history there.

Many people think I'm full of shit, but the US was set up with the idea of freedom to escape persecution in mind. Therefore, in my opinion, the US is a sanctuary for all peoples. We are a melting pot that is, at times, harmonious, and at other times...in chaos.

It is certainly not MY place to go telling others to get the hell out. But, the situation in Europe is very different.

I really wish we all could just fucking get along. I don't see it happening any time soon, though.:ohwell:

Science, Nature, God or Gods didn't want us to be equal.
We are part of Nature which means we have enemies and if we didn't have enemies then nature would not ask us to eat meat and vegetables .
Nature would not let us have sex like we do. We would breed like plants.
It is Marxist and Communism that want us to be equal and hold hands.
14th Dalal Lama, Martin Luthur King Jr, Jim Jones and Nelson Mandelo all supported Communism and Marxism.
Races were all in different areas. Nature created Maori. When people left Hawaiki (Taiwan) 1000 years ago and moved to New Zealand. Nature gave White people the ability to travel the world and end up in New Zealand.
White people created a treaty with Maori and 20 years later Chinese came over. Now in 2011 that Political Correctness and Anti Racism is around, we can not send the Asians,Africans, Arabs back to their lands even though Nature tells us we should it is Marxist that tell us we should not. Communist Leon Trotsky created racism and Political correctness was created in a Marxist Frankfurt school. It is Nature that tells us a Black man belongs in Africa and he should hunt until Nature says no more. It is Political correctness that tells us, he is equal and he should be sent into space.
Millions of Chimps and Dogs were sent to space to die by the USSR and the USA copied them. This was not natures way. White Man abandoned Nature many times, we try to change things into something they are not, those chimps and dogs belonged on Earth and so did the Black man but people were too Marxist PC and wanted him to be equal instead of letting him be what Nature wants him to be. Nature did not want us to Europeanize everyone and
There would be no melting pot or race mixing if Political correctness was not created.

Americans ARE a mixed lot. Of course we are. We come from everywhere....and have ancestry from everywhere. ]

Americans on this site may be Germanic(English,German,Scottish,Norwegian)
+ Celtic (Welsh,Irish,Scottish,Cornish) these are all European/White.
But their won't be many that are English + African American.

I agree with the others who say that the whole multiculturalism is best on a smaller scale (insofar as any interracial relationships are going to be) because if it became so grand as to literally stamp out all the unique traits of various peoples of the world....it would be tragic

Europe should be for White people
South Africa should be for White people, they didn't take land.
New Zealand should be for New Zealand European/White and Maori.
Another races didn't sign the treaty, they don't belong. They are destroying both New Zealand European culture and Maori culture. They don't want to learn English when they come here. The Maori language is going the way of the moa because Chinese and Samoans want their languages taught by everyone too. Sign language is also being effected by the above, because it gets thrown into a corner and forgotten.
Australia should be for White and Abo.
America should be for White and Native Americans and same for Canada.

Right now. China is for China, Kenya is for Kenyans but Europe is for everyone.

Americans could have gone to Mars by now.
Multiculturalism has failed.

But there is no reason relations between races or cultures have to be fraught with fighting about who is "superior" That part is pathetic and unnecessary. .[/I][/

Superior comes with nature. A Lion, A Wolf, A White man.
We built Castles,Cars, Rockets and Jet packs.The Kenyan man doesn't want to hunt anymore, he wants us to give him cows. He still lives in a mudhut unless we build him a house.
Be proud that we are strong,fast,smart,can swim and invent things.
We give billions of dollers to Asia and Africa because they need us instead of helping themselves.
If you don't like or believe that humans are part of nature,you're a Marxist supporter. In nature a lion is the top of the hierarchy and not even a Cheetah will be allowed its food. In nature the White people are top of the hierarchy. Because of Multiculturalism we have wiggers and Non Whites having plastic surgry trying to look like us, we have woman wearing Burka and people in the Vanuatu worship airplanes and Prince Phillip. People don't want to preserve thier own culture in thier own lands anymore. They all travel to the rich lands and the White people won't leave other races alone because they think they are poor,they feel White guilt and might be called Racist. But just because the other races don't have money or food doesn't mean we should play God. We need to let nature take its course. The people of Vanuatu, Kenya and Sri Lanka need to get their own food.The White race are not their heroes or gods even though nature has given us the ability to which helped us walk on the Moon. Everyone is not equal and White people must learn that we should not try Europeanize everyone and change their cultures and the people of native tribes in Vanuatu and Brazil, do not belong on the Moon or Mars until it is nature that helps them get there.

We all are human beings and of the same species, because if we weren't, racial mixing wouldn't even be [I]possible

Different Species of Tiger all look the same and can breed and have babies.

Dog and Dingo are all different subspecies of Canis Lupus and can breed, they look all different.

Interbreeding with other domestic dogs is regarded as the greatest threat to the survival of the “pure” dingo. Genetic analyses, observations and skull measurements over the course of several years strongly indicate that in approximately 50 years the “pure” dingo will have disappeared in the wilderness of the continent and that it is no longer possible to preserve them there
https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Interbreeding_of_dingoes_with_other_domestic_dogs

Red Australian Cattle Dog, a dog breed that was proven to have originated from interbreeding of Australian dingoes and other domestic dogs
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/67/AustrCattleDogRed_wb.jpg

Humans look Different.It isn't just skin colour, it is also nose shapes and skull shapes.

We have Europeanoid,Mongoloid(Asian),Americanoid(Native Americans) ,Congoid(Negroid) ,Australoid(Abo) and Capoid(Bush men type).
Maori are Australoid + Mongoloid + Europoid

Europoid : Nordid, Cromagnid, Alpined, , Uralid, Mediterranid and Dinarid.

Nordid and Cromagnid can then be divided more.

Nordid types are Hallstatt and East Nordid
then there are Keltic Nordid, Anglo Saxon and Tronder.

Cromagnid types are Brunn, Faelid, Borreby,Baltid,

Nordid altered through admixture of European Mediterranids create North Atlantid

There are other groups such as Aran, Paleo Atlantid, East Baltid,Norid,Sub Nordid.

European/White people are unique and special because we are different.
Just because we both have two legs, two eyes and two ears doesn't mean we should race mix with Non European/White people. We have done so much for this world and we are allowed to preserve our race and our many different hair(red,blonde,brown,black), eye (blue,green,grey,hazel & brown) and skin colours(pale,pink,peach,tan). We are do not look the same, we do not act the same. Just because we are humans doesn't mean we need to betray our ancestors and race mix.

Nature wants all people to be unique but not equal.

Hess
07-15-2011, 02:39 AM
Does an Englishman have more in common with a Russian or an American? I'm sure Osweo will arrive to tell us of his deep commonalities with Ivan from Novgorod, but who is seriously going to claim Bulgars, Slovakians, or Hungarians have more in common with the British than Americans?

I really do believe that.

Call me crazy, buninreally do believe that once you get down to Fumdemental instincts and psychology, all Europeans are not as different as people think.

rhiannon
07-15-2011, 02:42 AM
Science, Nature, God or Gods didn't want us to be equal.
We are part of Nature which means we have enemies and if we didn't have enemies then nature would not ask us to eat meat and vegetables .
Nature would not let us have sex like we do. We would breed like plants.
It is Marxist and Communism that want us to be equal and hold hands.
14th Dalal Lama, Martin Luthur King Jr, Jim Jones and Nelson Mandelo all supported Communism and Marxism.
Races were all in different areas. Nature created Maori. When people left Hawaiki (Taiwan) 1000 years ago and moved to New Zealand. Nature gave White people the ability to travel the world and end up in New Zealand.
White people created a treaty with Maori and 20 years later Chinese came over. Now in 2011 that Political Correctness and Anti Racism is around, we can not send the Asians,Africans, Arabs back to their lands even though Nature tells us we should it is Marxist that tell us we should not. Communist Leon Trotsky created racism and Political correctness was created in a Marxist Frankfurt school. It is Nature that tells us a Black man belongs in Africa and he should hunt until Nature says no more. It is Political correctness that tells us, he is equal and he should be sent into space.
Millions of Chimps and Dogs were sent to space to die by the USSR and the USA copied them. This was not natures way. White Man abandoned Nature many times, we try to change things into something they are not, those chimps and dogs belonged on Earth and so did the Black man but people were too Marxist PC and wanted him to be equal instead of letting him be what Nature wants him to be. Nature did not want us to Europeanize everyone and
There would be no melting pot or race mixing if Political correctness was not created.

Americans on this site may be Germanic(English,German,Scottish,Norwegian)
+ Celtic (Welsh,Irish,Scottish,Cornish) these are all European/White.
But their won't be many that are English + African American.

Europe should be for White people
South Africa should be for White people, they didn't take land.
New Zealand should be for New Zealand European/White and Maori.
Another races didn't sign the treaty, they don't belong. They are destroying both New Zealand European culture and Maori culture. They don't want to learn English when they come here. The Maori language is going the way of the moa because Chinese and Samoans want their languages taught by everyone too. Sign language is also being effected by the above, because it gets thrown into a corner and forgotten.
Australia should be for White and Abo.
America should be for White and Native Americans and same for Canada.

Right now. China is for China, Kenya is for Kenyans but Europe is for everyone.

Americans could have gone to Mars by now.
Multiculturalism has failed.

Superior comes with nature. A Lion, A Wolf, A White man.
We built Castles,Cars, Rockets and Jet packs.The Kenyan man doesn't want to hunt anymore, he wants us to give him cows. He still lives in a mudhut unless we build him a house.
Be proud that we are strong,fast,smart,can swim and invent things.
We give billions of dollers to Asia and Africa because they need us instead of helping themselves.
If you don't like or believe that humans are part of nature,you're a Marxist supporter. In nature a lion is the top of the hierarchy and not even a Cheetah will be allowed its food. In nature the White people are top of the hierarchy. Because of Multiculturalism we have wiggers and Non Whites having plastic surgry trying to look like us, we have woman wearing Burka and people in the Vanuatu worship airplanes and Prince Phillip. People don't want to preserve thier own culture in thier own lands anymore. They all travel to the rich lands and the White people won't leave other races alone because they think they are poor,they feel White guilt and might be called Racist. But just because the other races don't have money or food doesn't mean we should play God. We need to let nature take its course. The people of Vanuatu, Kenya and Sri Lanka need to get their own food.The White race are not their heroes or gods even though nature has given us the ability to which helped us walk on the Moon. Everyone is not equal and White people must learn that we should not try Europeanize everyone and change their cultures and the people of native tribes in Vanuatu and Brazil, do not belong on the Moon or Mars until it is nature that helps them get there.

Different Species of Tiger all look the same and can breed and have babies.

Dog and Dingo are all different subspecies of Canis Lupus and can breed, they look all different.

https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Interbreeding_of_dingoes_with_other_domestic_dogs

Red Australian Cattle Dog, a dog breed that was proven to have originated from interbreeding of Australian dingoes and other domestic dogs
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/67/AustrCattleDogRed_wb.jpg

Humans look Different.It isn't just skin colour, it is also nose shapes and skull shapes.

We have Europeanoid,Mongoloid(Asian),Americanoid(Native Americans) ,Congoid(Negroid) ,Australoid(Abo) and Capoid(Bush men type).
Maori are Australoid + Mongoloid + Europoid

Europoid : Nordid, Cromagnid, Alpined, , Uralid, Mediterranid and Dinarid.

Nordid and Cromagnid can then be divided more.

Nordid types are Hallstatt and East Nordid
then there are Keltic Nordid, Anglo Saxon and Tronder.

Cromagnid types are Brunn, Faelid, Borreby,Baltid,

Nordid altered through admixture of European Mediterranids create North Atlantid

There are other groups such as Aran, Paleo Atlantid, East Baltid,Norid,Sub Nordid.

European/White people are unique and special because we are different.
Just because we both have two legs, two eyes and two ears doesn't mean we should race mix with Non European/White people. We have done so much for this world and we are allowed to preserve our race and our many different hair(red,blonde,brown,black), eye (blue,green,grey,hazel & brown) and skin colours(pale,pink,peach,tan). We are do not look the same, we do not act the same. Just because we are humans doesn't mean we need to betray our ancestors and race mix.

Nature wants all people to be unique but not equal.

CV: I gotta admit that I admire at least your passion:thumbs up

Thank you for being respectful also. Your stance carries more weight with me merely because you know how to be nice about it.

I agree with some of the things you say, but probably disagree with more of it. I definitely don't agree with the thing you said about blacks being closer to chimps than they are to whites. I found that rather mean for you to say. Sorry, I gotta be honest here.

My opinions about the intrinsic equality of all peoples and cultures has nothing to do with any political ideology; I could give a shit about politics, frankly. My views are mine because they are what rings true for my conscience.

I am an idealist. No one is going to change that, for even if the reality we all face every day falls short of those ideals (for each of us), there has to be something at least worth aspiring towards.

BeerBaron
07-15-2011, 02:50 AM

Since when is there a "european" culture? This is something I hear from europeans a lot and it makes no fucking sense (usually it is being used to differentiate themselves from americans). Europe has many different cultures in many different countries and a ton of different languages.

Austin
07-15-2011, 02:54 AM
I really do believe that.

Call me crazy, buninreally do believe that once you get down to Fumdemental instincts and psychology, all Europeans are not as different as people think.

Europe is many different cultures. One can tell Europe has no monolithic culture from just viewing this forum.

Europe has different cultures and different peoples. It does not have "a European culture". This makes no sense. Europe is not one entity. The EU is simply an economic union that is all. It is not a cultural one. Europe has many cultures and people but not one monolithic one like America. So actually your statement is the exact opposite of the truth.

America one the other hand is one mass, zerg-like culture. It basically has white European races from Europe then non-whites. Just like in Europe except Europe is actually Europe, whereas in America we are just whites, you all would be called Europeans, because you're all physically in Europe and are politically European as we are not.

Trying to confuse these is silly. To say Europe is more culturally together than America is far from true, what the average Spaniard thinks is a few galaxies from what a Finnish person thinks or a British person or a Ukrainian. They're all worlds apart politically.

CelticViking
07-15-2011, 03:02 AM

CV: I gotta admit that I admire at least your passion:thumbs up

Thank you for being respectful also. Your stance carries more weight with me merely because you know how to be nice about it.

I agree with some of the things you say, but probably disagree with more of it. I definitely don't agree with the thing you said about blacks being closer to chimps than they are to whites. I found that rather mean for you to say. Sorry, I gotta be honest here.

My opinions about the intrinsic equality of all peoples and cultures has nothing to do with any political ideology; I could give a shit about politics, frankly. My views are mine because they are what rings true for my conscience.

I am an idealist. No one is going to change that, for even if the reality we all face every day falls short of those ideals (for each of us), there has to be something at least worth aspiring towards.

I apologize if the Scientific Racism or Darwinism "racism" my grandfather taught me was making you sad.

I guess I was a meany like Voltaire

Our wise men have said that man was created in the image of God. Now here is a lovely image of the Divine Maker: a flat and black nose with little or hardly any intelligence. A time will doubtless come when these animals will know how to cultivate the land well, beautify their houses and gardens, and know the paths of the stars: one needs time for everything

Well I'm not as bad as Benjamin Rush

proposed that being black was a hereditary skin disease, which he called "negroidism," and that it might be cured. Rush believed non-whites were really white underneath but they were stricken with a non-contagious form of leprosy which darkened their skin color. Rush drew the conclusion that "Whites should not tyrannize over [blacks], for their disease should entitle them to a double portion of humanity. However, by the same token, whites should not intermarry with them, for this would tend to infect posterity with the 'disorder'... attempts must be made to cure the disease
https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Scientific_racism

I believe they belong in their own lands until nature lets them go to space. I believe Nature created us to be unique not equal.

I still believe that race mixing is a fetish or paraphilias
.You can decide which are good or sick on your own. You can decide what love means to you, but what you call love, I do not.
I believe that love is about preserving your heritage and this means finding someone just like me and having children that look just like me. Getting to know both families and heritage and teaching my future children to love my race too.

https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Sexual_fetishism
https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/List_of_paraphilias

I believe it is not in the nature of White people to race mix.
I will not do so even though you don't mind if I do.
I believe race mixing is gross and it makes me sick.
If they want to dishonour their ancestors and have non white children that is their problem but if I have to pay tax money for them, then it becomes my problem and multiculturism will continue to destroy us until the end.
I believe now is the time that White people must preserve and band together because I believe it is what nature would want us to do. We must not race mix, we must love our race and protect it.
We also must stop calling other Apricity members names.

Bridie
07-15-2011, 03:37 AM
Mockery is unproductive and petty, and anger is a wholly inappropriate reaction. :nono:What the fuck is this??? You're such a hypocrit.

And just why is it that you, of all people, are getting all "holier than thou" in your defences of Celtic Viking? Its pretty transparent.

Pathetic.

Logan
07-15-2011, 03:59 AM
What the fuck is this??? You're such a hypocrit.

And just why is it that you, of all people, are getting all "holier than thou" in your defences of Celtic Viking? Its pretty transparent.

Pathetic.

I have yet, to date, to come across a civil, intelligent post with you name upon it. It takes little effort. It's always a vulgar attack upon someone with your keyboard. That would better define, PATHETIC. :rolleyes:

Perhaps your envious of the young lady. That, if nothing else, would be understandable.

rhiannon
07-15-2011, 04:18 AM
I apologize if the Scientific Racism or Darwinism "racism" my grandfather taught me was making you sad.

I guess I was a meany like Voltaire

Well I'm not as bad as Benjamin Rush

https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Scientific_racism

I believe they belong in their own lands until nature lets them go to space. I believe Nature created us to be unique not equal.

I still believe that race mixing is a fetish or paraphilias
.You can decide which are good or sick on your own. You can decide what love means to you, but what you call love, I do not.
I believe that love is about preserving your heritage and this means finding someone just like me and having children that look just like me. Getting to know both families and heritage and teaching my future children to love my race too.

https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Sexual_fetishism
https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/List_of_paraphilias

I believe it is not in the nature of White people to race mix.
I will not do so even though you don't mind if I do.
I believe race mixing is gross and it makes me sick.
If they want to dishonour their ancestors and have non white children that is their problem but if I have to pay tax money for them, then it becomes my problem and multiculturism will continue to destroy us until the end.
I believe now is the time that White people must preserve and band together because I believe it is what nature would want us to do. We must not race mix, we must love our race and protect it.
We also must stop calling other Apricity members names.

Totally agree about the calling names part!

I do believe you might be missing something as far as my own thinking goes: I've done my part to preserve my ancestry because my kids are just like me. Being the mutt that I am, it's not that hard to find men who are of similar background as I am. They are what I've always been attracted to.

The thing is, even though this is what works for me, it is not my right to tell anyone else what they should or should not do. Personally, I think some fine individuals are in existence that are biracial. Would I want to see the whole world meld into one generic people because everyone race-mixed? Not at all!

But that would never happen anyway. I live in the US, which is pretty much the MOST diverse country on the planet. Even here where the chances are greater than they are anywhere else, I don't see more race-mixing than I see couples who are similar to each other.

It is human nature to preserve your own culture to a large extent; current political climates won't change what is in our DNA.

CelticViking
07-15-2011, 04:35 AM

I was attacked from the moment I did the Vomit smilie thing. Then they asked me to explain why I do not like race mixing and they attacked me more.
I had about 5 people attacking me at once but I did not give up.
I tried not to attack on religion or call them names like loser,stupid, bitch, and all the other names they were using on everyone else that I can not remember .They said I should get off this site, go in the kitchen or have sex with my husband and hurry up and have a baby when they were single and did not care. They said I was not European, they made me feel like I was nothing and they also made Loki sad when I told him how I felt but I did not give up. I apologized for my chimp comment and I tried to explain that racism is not in nature and that non whites do not need white people to play god all the time and try change other races cultures and make them equal and send them into space. I expect to be attack some more just because I believe race mixing is not healthy and not what our ancestors wanted when they faught for us so many times in the past. But I hope that some people will fight for our children, ancestors and our culture oneday in the future. If people defended me it was nice and I thank them. If people want to keep arguing and fighting amongst themselves then that is what has destroying our people but I will not call them names. I believe White people should band together. No matter our religion and no matter if we are descendants of Germanic,Celtic,Roman, Greek or any other White group. You do not have to believe what I do and I do not have to believe you but I believe we do not to call each other names. I was sad but not I am fine and oneday I will be a mother. I hope all you people follow your dreams and goals like I am.

Bridie
07-15-2011, 04:44 AM
Perhaps your envious of the young lady. That, if nothing else, would be understandable.

Nope. I'm pissed off with his personal attacks on me (via rep comments, as well as on previous threads) and his "mockery" of me, that he claims to so disapprove of. That's why I called him a hypocrit.

Quite disappointing when at one time (years ago) I would have considered him to be an online friend.

Anger is a wholly appropriate reaction. ;)

Boudica
07-15-2011, 04:44 AM
This thread=win.

Bridie
07-15-2011, 04:45 AM
I was attacked from the moment I did the Vomit smilie thing. Then they asked me to explain why I do not like race mixing and they attacked me more.
I tried not to attack on religion or call them names like loser,stupid, bitch, and all the other names they were using on everyone else that I can not remember .They said I should get off this site, go in the kitchen or have sex with my husband and hurry up and have a baby when they were single and did not care. They said I was not European, they made me feel like I was nothing and they also made Loki sad when I told him how I felt but I did not give up. I apologized for my chimp comment and I tried to explain that racism is not in nature and that non whites do not need white people to play god all the time and try change other races cultures and make them equal and send them into space. I expect to be attack some more just because I believe race mixing is not healthy and not what our ancestors wanted when they faught for us so many times in the past. But I hope that some people will fight for our children, ancestors and our culture oneday in the future. If people defended me it was nice and I thank them. If people want to keep arguing and fighting amongst themselves then that is what has destroying our people but I will not call them names. I believe White people should band together. No matter our religion and no matter if we are descendants of Germanic,Celtic,Roman, Greek or any other White group. You do not have to believe what I do and I do not have to believe you but I believe we do not to call each other names. I was sad but not I am fine and oneday I will be a mother. I hope all you people follow your dreams and goals like I am.

My comments to Os were no reflection on you. I don't approve of the personal attacks made on you in this thread either. If you recall, I actually made a post defending you too.

Grumpy Cat
07-15-2011, 04:48 AM
This thread=win.

Not really. The threads with the most fighting and insults flying around all over the place get the most responses, the good discussions on this forum might get three responses if you're lucky. This is not like it was before.

This thread = fail :coffee:

Logan
07-15-2011, 04:55 AM
Nope. I'm pissed off with his personal attacks on me (via rep comments, as well as on previous threads) and his "mockery" of me, that he claims to so disapprove of. That's why I called him a hypocrit.

Quite disappointing when at one time (years ago) I would have considered him to be an online friend.

Anger is a wholly appropriate reaction. ;)

:thumb001:

Bridie
07-15-2011, 04:57 AM
^ You're just upset that I told you to "harden up" in another thread. ;)

Logan
07-15-2011, 05:12 AM
^ You're just upset that I told you to "harden up" in another thread. ;)

Not at all. It was quite a presumption on you part. What do such accusations have to do with a topic? Rather leads me to think the other party has nothing more intelligent to relate. A bit of reflection upon what was stated, might provide needed enlightenment. Agreements are not always possible.

CelticViking
07-15-2011, 05:15 AM
Totally agree about the calling names part!

I do believe you might be missing something as far as my own thinking goes: I've done my part to preserve my ancestry because my kids are just like me. Being the mutt that I am, it's not that hard to find men who are of similar background as I am. They are what I've always been attracted to.

The thing is, even though this is what works for me, it is not my right to tell anyone else what they should or should not do. Personally, I think some fine individuals are in existence that are biracial. Would I want to see the whole world meld into one generic people because everyone race-mixed? Not at all!

But that would never happen anyway. I live in the US, which is pretty much the MOST diverse country on the planet. Even here where the chances are greater than they are anywhere else, I don't see more race-mixing than I see couples who are similar to each other.

It is human nature to preserve your own culture to a large extent; current political climates won't change what is in our DNA.

You are very different to me, I understand that.
You don't mind race mixing but then you call your self a mutt even though you say you are white and you put yourself down and your ancestors.
and I call myself a maiden. I am Celtic and Germanic and I feel that doesn't make me a mutt, it makes me a proud white lady. I can dress as a Viking or a Celt or a Victorian English woman and not feel hatred towards my European brothers and sisters that faught each other many times.

The race of the future is a theory from back in 1925.

In the United States, the proportion of Multiracial American children is growing. Interracial partnerships are rising, as are transracial adoptions. In 1990, about 14% of 18-19 year-olds, 12% of 20-21 year-olds, and 7% of 34-35 year-olds were involved in interracial relationships (Joyner and Kao, 2005).[4]Roughly 10 years later, 20% of 18-19 year-olds and 16% of 24-25 year-olds were in an interracial relationship

https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Race_of_the_Future

In 2001 there were 677,117 mixed race in the UK,
https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/United_Kingdom_Census_2001

According to the UK 2001 census, black British males were around 50% more likely than black females to marry outside their race. British Chinese women (30%) were twice as likely as their male counterparts (15%) to marry someone from a different ethnic group. As of 2005, it is estimated that nearly half of British-born African-Caribbean males, a third of British-born African-Caribbean females, and a fifth of Indian and African males, have white partners.

Indigenous Australians have a high interracial marriage rate. According to the 2000 Census, in 1996 64% of all married or de-facto married couples involving an Indigenous person were mixed (i.e., only one partner was indigenous). In 55% of such couples, the Indigenous partner was femal

https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Interracial_marriage

Multiracial Americans, US residents who identify themselves as of "two or more races", were numbered at around 9 million, or 2.9% of the population, in the census of 2010.[2
https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Multiracial_American
A lot of those were under 18

Today, the ethnic makeup of the New Zealand population is undergoing a process of change, with new waves of immigration, higher birth rates and increasing interracial marriage resulting in the New Zealand population of Māori, Asian and Pacific Islander descent growing at a higher rate than those of European descent, and are projected to make up a larger proportion of the population in the future
https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/New_Zealanders

Now we have a lot of famous people on the tv and movies all of the time that race mix. It is 2011 and a muslim name is still number 1 baby name in the UK. I remember NZ Top Model and the Maori girl Danielle Hayes won and she was called the Future race.

In the news, we read of girls as young as 12 wanting to have sex with soccer players, many of the players are non white.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2014278/Six-footballers-accused-raping-12-year-old-girls-park-freed-prison-judge-says-The-girls-wanted-sex.html#ixzz1RzUykZyd

It is 2011 so it will be much more then there were in 2001.
If they knew about this in 1925, things are much worst now and you do not know if it will not created a future race. All you can do is ask yourself if you want to educate your children and teach them that they are White.
And wait until you can be proud to have White grand children oneday. Even you like race mixing, you have to ask yourself what is this world coming to at times.

It is every animals way in nature to preserve the way we are and we shouldn't try change everyone and everything into clones.

Bridie
07-15-2011, 05:28 AM
Not at all. It was quite a presumption on you part. What do such accusations have to do with a topic? Rather leads me to think the other party has nothing more intelligent to relate. A bit of reflection upon what was stated, might provide needed enlightenment. Agreements are not always possible.You're as pretentious as your profile listing "Great Britain" as your country. :rolleyes: (Not sure when the US became Great Britain.)

Logan
07-15-2011, 05:40 AM
You're as pretentious as your profile listing "Great Britain" as your country. :rolleyes: (Not sure when the US became Great Britain.)

Back again Mary. I live in the States. If you had but looked you might have seen it stated below my avatar.

Please notice that I am not asking you where you reside. That is about all the personal information I wish to relate to you.

Nameless Son
07-15-2011, 06:00 AM
Looks like I'm a little late here, but oh well.

Mixed relationships that don't result in babies are OK with me, though I myself am rarely attracted other races. The problem with making mixed babies is that it is unfair to these babies (i love saying the word baby) because they might (depending on what they think about all this) have a hard time fitting in and holding a self identity.

Bridie
07-15-2011, 06:10 AM
Back again Mary. I live in the States. If you had but looked you might have seen it stated below my avatar. You're a special, though not uncommon, breed of American that has such a complex with being American that you claim to be something you're not... in your case, English.

You're no different to Central and South American castizos or mestizos who claim to be Spanish or Portuguese.

Please notice that I am not asking you where you reside. That is about all the personal information I wish to relate to you.
Not all the personal infomation you wish to relate... you also seem to be compelled to share your personal opinions of me. ;) Your motivation for this though, is clear.

Logan
07-15-2011, 06:11 AM
You're a special, though not uncommon, breed of American that has such a complex with being American that you claim to be something you're not... in your case, British.

You're no different to Central and South American castizos or mestizos who claim to be Spanish or Portuguese.

Not all the personal infomation you wish to relate... you also seem to be compelled to share your personal opinions of me. ;) Your motivation for this though, is clear.

What are you drinking?

Logan
07-15-2011, 06:19 AM
You're a special, though not uncommon, breed of American that has such a complex with being American that you claim to be something you're not... in your case, English.

Had you not reverted to you usual manner I would have had no problem giving you the location of my birth and a few other bits of personal information. My information as given is accurate, but it is not a concern of yours.

It has nothing to do with this thread. I am done making reply to you. You seem to have a problem. I wish you well.

Bridie
07-15-2011, 06:25 AM
Had you not reverted to you usual manner I would have had no problem giving you the location of my birth and a few other bits of personal information. My information as given is accurate, but it is not a concern of yours.

It has nothing to do with this thread. I am done making reply to you. You seem to have a problem. I wish you well.You can dish it out, but you can't take it.

It has nothing to do with this thread.Neither did this...

I have yet, to date, to come across a civil, intelligent post with you name upon it. It takes little effort. It's always a vulgar attack upon someone with your keyboard. That would better define, PATHETIC.
... but you felt the need to stick your oar in...

Loki
07-15-2011, 06:39 AM

Personal attacks are uncalled for and unwanted. I would never support such, regardless of the debate or individuals involved. So people, please keep this discussion above the belt and respectful.

Not really. The threads with the most fighting and insults flying around all over the place get the most responses, the good discussions on this forum might get three responses if you're lucky. This is not like it was before.

I guess most people don't like agreement clubs too much, hence these "good discussions" you talk about are unpopular. And I disagree, Apricity has always been driven by strong debate - since day one we opened.

Logan
07-15-2011, 06:46 AM
Personal attacks are uncalled for and unwanted. I would never support such, regardless of the debate or individuals involved. So people, please keep this discussion above the belt and respectful.

I guess most people don't like agreement clubs too much, hence these "good discussions" you talk about are unpopular. And I disagree, Apricity has always been driven by strong debate - since day one we opened.

100%

I would add that it is well to keep to the topic.

Austin
07-15-2011, 06:54 AM
Thread where a bunch of old feminists and fat leftists aren't agreeing with one another all day and there haven't even been bad right-wing people banned for not commending the commissars!!!!!!!!!

Terrible. Terrible.

rhiannon
07-15-2011, 07:00 AM
You are very different to me, I understand that.
You don't mind race mixing but then you call your self a mutt even though you say you are white and you put yourself down and your ancestors.
and I call myself a maiden. I am Celtic and Germanic and I feel that doesn't make me a mutt, it makes me a proud white lady. I can dress as a Viking or a Celt or a Victorian English woman and not feel hatred towards my European brothers and sisters that faught each other many times.

The race of the future is a theory from back in 1925.

https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Race_of_the_Future

In 2001 there were 677,117 mixed race in the UK,
https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/United_Kingdom_Census_2001

https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Interracial_marriage

https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Multiracial_American
A lot of those were under 18

https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/New_Zealanders

Now we have a lot of famous people on the tv and movies all of the time that race mix. It is 2011 and a muslim name is still number 1 baby name in the UK. I remember NZ Top Model and the Maori girl Danielle Hayes won and she was called the Future race.

In the news, we read of girls as young as 12 wanting to have sex with soccer players, many of the players are non white.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2014278/Six-footballers-accused-raping-12-year-old-girls-park-freed-prison-judge-says-The-girls-wanted-sex.html#ixzz1RzUykZyd

It is 2011 so it will be much more then there were in 2001.
If they knew about this in 1925, things are much worst now and you do not know if it will not created a future race. All you can do is ask yourself if you want to educate your children and teach them that they are White.
And wait until you can be proud to have White grand children oneday. Even you like race mixing, you have to ask yourself what is this world coming to at times.

It is every animals way in nature to preserve the way we are and we shouldn't try change everyone and everything into clones.

I'm self deprecating. It's not a matter of self-hatred or hatred for my ancestors. If that were the case, I'd not be here at all.

Oh, and I'm too old to be called a Maiden anyway. But I'll tell you what: I look like a Valkyrie in the truest sense. Many people have told me this...or some Celtic warrior woman like Boudicca. I totally dig the warrior woman image; because even if I'm more of a humanist than some others on here, anyone who messes with someone I truly love with intent to hurt them WILL be sorry. Of that you can make no mistake.

Laudanum
07-15-2011, 09:03 AM

CelticViking started insulting black people. I pretty much agree with her opinion (I wouldn't race mix myself), I just don't think she adds the right facts to what she says. She was the one being disrespectful. I got ''angry'' because she said a lot which simply was not true.

I agree with you, though. I overreacted and I should've been a bit nicer to her, even though I think most of what she says is just not true.

So yes, it would be nice if everyone could go back on topic and keep everything a bit calm and respectful.

Murphy
07-15-2011, 09:06 AM
Interesting.. if only I had a pair of tits.. maybe Loki would come down a bit harder on those who enjoy insulting me.

Laudanum
07-15-2011, 09:07 AM
Interesting.. if only I had a pair of tits.. maybe Loki would come down a bit harder on those who enjoy insulting me.

I thought you had a pair of tits.

Thread where a bunch of old feminists and fat leftists aren't agreeing with one another all day and there haven't even been bad right-wing people banned for not commending the commissars!!!!!!!!!

Terrible. Terrible.

Insults, insults.

Murphy
07-15-2011, 09:10 AM
I thought you had a pair of tits.

Those are for my self to play with. I need another pair for Loki.

Laudanum
07-15-2011, 09:11 AM
Those are for my self to play with. I need another pair for Loki.

Can I play with them t.. alright, let's go back on topic.:rolleyes:

Fortis in Arduis
07-15-2011, 11:14 AM
Topic: Moobs

Psychonaut
07-15-2011, 11:29 AM
Topic: Moobs

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/man-boobs-moobs-3.jpg

Grumpy Cat
07-15-2011, 11:34 AM
Personal attacks are uncalled for and unwanted.

How come thinly-veiled personal attacks against me (yet are assumptions BTW but my name is never mentioned) are allowed to let slide, then?

I don't want an agreement club, I want intelligent debate, which has been lacking.

rhiannon
07-15-2011, 12:00 PM
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/man-boobs-moobs-3.jpg

Gynecomastia boy, anybody? You can actually get man boobs by smoking too much pot.

Laudanum
07-15-2011, 12:02 PM
Gynecomastia boy, anybody? You can actually get man boobs by smoking too much pot.

Nah, that would mean every Dutch guy has man boobs.:D

rhiannon
07-15-2011, 12:04 PM
Nah, that would mean every Dutch guy has man boobs.:D

Dude, I nearly fell over in shock the first time my brother dragged me into one of those Dutch 'Coffee Shops'

I still remember the menu they gave us where we got to flip through varying baggies of weed.

Did the Dutch outlaw those coffee houses? Thought I heard that they did.

The Pot and Man Boob connection is real. THC is associated with hyperprolactinemia, a condition that can give you manboobs.

We're talking about heavy duty pot smokers, here.

Psychonaut
07-15-2011, 12:05 PM

[serious mode]

I dunno if this fattie actually has gyno or not. At that body weight it's hard to tell what's glandular mass behind the nipple and what's just fat. Most of the guys I've seen with noticeable gyno didn't really show it until they got below 20% bodyfat or so.

[/serious mode]

Laudanum
07-15-2011, 12:05 PM
Dude, I nearly fell over in shock the first time my brother dragged me into one of those Dutch 'Coffee Shops'

I still remember the menu they gave us where we got to flip through varying baggies of weed.

Did the Dutch outlaw those coffee houses? Thought I heard that they did.

Nope, visited one less than a week ago. A friend of mine bought some weed, lol.

I don't smoke weed, by the way.:coffee:

rhiannon
07-15-2011, 12:09 PM
Nope, visited one less than a week ago. A friend of mine bought some weed, lol.

I don't smoke weed, by the way.:coffee:

I used to smoke a ton of it when I was a teenager. I will engage very, very sparingly now. It tends to make me paranoid lol......:leaving:

Laudanum
07-15-2011, 12:10 PM
I used to smoke a ton of it when I was a teenager. I will engage very, very sparingly now. It tends to make me paranoid lol......:leaving:

Good. You shouldn't. You might start getting man boobs. :rolleyes:

rhiannon
07-15-2011, 12:15 PM
Good. You shouldn't. You might start getting man boobs. :rolleyes:

I have plenty big enough woman boobs. Heh heh....maybe I should smoke more....my hubs is a boob man. LOL!

Laudanum
07-15-2011, 12:16 PM
I have plenty big enough woman boobs. Heh heh....maybe I should smoke more....my hubs is a boob man. LOL!

:D

Hess
07-15-2011, 12:22 PM
Since when is there a "european" culture? This is something I hear from europeans a lot and it makes no fucking sense (usually it is being used to differentiate themselves from americans). Europe has many different cultures in many different countries and a ton of different languages.

(this reply is directed at Austin as well)

I wasn't talking about similar cultures. I was trying to articulate something much more subltle, something that goes deeper than mere cultural tradition.

I am talking about fundemental psychological tendencies. I am also talking about the lengthy shared history that virtually all European countries have with each other (though some, indirectly). I'm truly trying my best, but this is really hard to explain to a Non-European. It's very sublte and very unnoticeable, but we know it's there.

Just because European cultures are different doesn't mean that there isn't a deeper set of instincts and tendencies (that are absent in new Worlders) uniting us.

Psychonaut
07-15-2011, 01:42 PM
Just because European cultures are different doesn't mean that there isn't a deeper set of instincts and tendencies (that are absent in new Worlders) uniting us.

C'mon, bro.

Instincts change on an evolutionary timescale, and are not really so mutable as to be affected by a mere separation of a few hundred years. Most of our instincts are still Neolithic, which is why there's so much friction between what we instinctively want to do and what our cultures tell us we ought do. Given that we've seen so little change in our instincts over the last several millennia, it's kind of silly to think that a few hundred years would be enough to create some kind of instinct-based behavioral gap between Old and New Worlders.

Murphy
07-15-2011, 01:45 PM
[. . .]

Don't over-philosophise what he was saying Psycho :P!

Psychonaut
07-15-2011, 01:58 PM
Don't over-philosophise what he was saying Psycho :P!

Philosophy's got nothing to do with it, son. It's science! ;)

Claiming that meaningful differences in "instincts" or "psychological tendencies" can evolve over a few generations is demonstrably false.

Bridie
07-15-2011, 02:03 PM

On the same note : you wouldn't know what instincts and tendencies are or are not absent in New Worlders, Hess, since you aren't one. Just as we don't know what it is to be you, you don't know what it is to be us either.

If you think that you are in an advantageous position to pass judgements on the rest of the world, Hess, you are very wrong.

Wyn
07-15-2011, 02:05 PM
Philosophy's got nothing to do with it, son. It's science! ;)

And yet what is philosophia, the love of wisdom, if it isn't the study of the mind?

http://i.imgur.com/vHJlo.jpg

If JP is right about something...is he still JP?

This is getting too real.

Murphy
07-15-2011, 02:09 PM
If JP is right about something...is he still JP?

This is getting too real.

Are you implying I am ever wrong?

Wyn
07-15-2011, 02:14 PM
Are you implying I am ever wrong?

If I imply it, is it less true than if I state it outright?

http://i.imgur.com/vHJlo.jpg

Murphy
07-15-2011, 02:20 PM
Philosoraptor owns Dawkins.

http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/9031/gallery319025536.jpg

Logan
07-15-2011, 03:14 PM
(this reply is directed at Austin as well)

I wasn't talking about similar cultures. I was trying to articulate something much more subltle, something that goes deeper than mere cultural tradition.

I am talking about fundemental psychological tendencies. I am also talking about the lengthy shared history that virtually all European countries have with each other (though some, indirectly). I'm truly trying my best, but this is really hard to explain to a Non-European. It's very sublte and very unnoticeable, but we know it's there.

Perhaps a more common attitude on the continent proper. I doubt it not uncommon to discover it not so amonst those of British descent. I personally never considered myself so much European as British.

Bridie
07-15-2011, 03:22 PM
Perhaps a more common attitude on the continent proper. I doubt it not uncommon to discover it not so amonst those of British descent. I personally never considered myself so much European as British.Well that was, without a doubt, the most embarrassing attempt at imitating an Englishman I've ever seen.

For some reason, most Americans seem to think that the English are all posh and go poncing about like fairies at a Victorian tea party all day long. :rolleyes:

Psychonaut
07-15-2011, 03:23 PM
If I imply it, is it less true than if I state it outright?

http://mindhunters.icarus7.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/philosoraptor-stab-300x300.jpg

Joe McCarthy
07-15-2011, 03:56 PM
Well that was, without a doubt, the most embarrassing attempt at imitating an Englishman I've ever seen.

For some reason, most Americans seem to think that the English are all posh and go poncing about like fairies at a Victorian tea party all day long. :rolleyes:
Erm, excuse me for interjecting here, Mary, but I've been watching this with interest and I have to ask: is there a reason to assume hamettan isn't an Englishman living in the US? They do exist, you know, and I'm wondering why you seem to think Americans want to be Englishmen. We have wannabe Irishmen and wannabe Germans, and a lot of Jews, Greeks, etc., that are scarcely American at all, but wannabe Englishmen is something we're in short supply of, even among the keenest Anglophiles, of which I count myself.

Logan
07-15-2011, 04:15 PM
Erm, excuse me for interjecting here, Mary, but I've been watching this with interest and I have to ask: is there a reason to assume hamettan isn't an Englishman living in the US? They do exist, you know, and I'm wondering why you seem to think Americans want to be Englishmen. We have wannabe Irishmen and wannabe Germans, and a lot of Jews, Greeks, etc., that are scarcely American at all, but wannabe Englishmen is something we're in short supply of, even among the keenest Anglophiles, of which I count myself.

Thanks.

I find it odd.

07-15-2011, 04:21 PM
And rightly so: it's their country.

Why? Do they have dibs? Whites built New Zealand, it belongs to them.

Bullshit. It would actually be a good idea if Maori heritage is preserved by the whites. It's a good thing that f.i the haka is an All Blacks (New Zealand national team) tradition.

Actually.. I wouldn't mind it at all if the two cultures would slow fuse together.

:eek: That's hardly a preservationist attitude, mate.

Helping the native inhabitants help themselves and fuse into the wider colonial society so colonials can finally become mentally independent from the "Motherland" (whatever that may mean as they are more mixed then many a creole).

WTH would they want to do that for? :rolleyes:

You're not Dutch, Frisian, Flemish, Walloon or Boer. You are not from Europe. We are no kindred.

:roll eyes

Hess
07-15-2011, 05:15 PM
Double post

Hess
07-15-2011, 05:17 PM
On the same note : you wouldn't know what instincts and tendencies are or are not absent in New Worlders, Hess, since you aren't one

Hm, that's funny. Last time I checked, I've been living in the US for the last 6 years and therefore technically qualify as a new worlder. I've dealt with hundreds of Americans over my life. While I don't really consider myself one, I think I have a pretty good gist of their lifestyle and mindset.

If you think that you are in an advantageous position to pass judgements on the rest of the world, Hess, you are very wrong.

Huh?

So sharing my observations and thoughts="passing judgements on th rest of the world". Got it.

@Psychonaut

You make valid points, but I think you are underestimating what 200+ years in a completely foreign land can do to the psychology and mindset of a person.

Hess
07-15-2011, 05:23 PM
Perhaps a more common attitude on the continent proper. I doubt it not uncommon to discover it not so amonst those of British descent. I personally never considered myself so much European as British.

If you don't mind me asking, If it came to push and shove who would you consider yourself culturally closer to- Americans or Western and Central Europeans?

Logan
07-15-2011, 05:34 PM
If you don't mind me asking, If it came to push and shove who would you consider yourself culturally closer to- Americans or Western and Central Europeans?

Americans, and the place of my birth. I never travelled to the continent.

Hess
07-15-2011, 05:39 PM
Americans, and the place of my birth. I never travelled to the continent.

oh, my mistake. I only asked you because I assumed that you were an Englishman living in England.

Logan
07-15-2011, 05:41 PM

America contains one but also many different cultures.

Logan
07-15-2011, 05:43 PM
oh, my mistake. I only asked you because I assumed that you were an Englishman living in England.

No. I reside or live in the States.

Hess
07-15-2011, 05:48 PM

True. I was talking more along the lines of the generic "white" New Englander.

Joe McCarthy
07-15-2011, 05:49 PM

The better question may be whether you'd feel more culturally connected in Vermont or Budapest, but don't feel under any obligation to answer.

Logan
07-15-2011, 05:59 PM
The better question may be whether you'd feel more culturally connected in Vermont or Budapest, but don't feel under any obligation to answer.

Vermont. I have not been, and do not speak Hungarian.

Joe McCarthy
07-15-2011, 06:03 PM
Vermont. I have not been, and do not speak Hungarian.

Sorry. I missed your earlier reply on the last page and posted before seeing it. Vermont is among the most ethnically English of US states though.

Mercury
07-15-2011, 06:05 PM

Well now you're just being silly. An Old Worlder can't spot a New Worlder from a mile away. Due to the internet, television, radio, music industry, & transportation, all of your cultures will be americanized a bit. It'll become exceedingly difficult to distinguish what is American and what is European.

Hess
07-15-2011, 06:11 PM
Well now you're just being silly. An Old Worlder can't spot a New Worlder from a mile away

ask any European if you don't believe me. I will concede that sometimes it's a bit hard to tell apart certain types of New Worlders, such as New Englanders and Canadians. that said, no matter how well New Worlders disguise themselves in Europe, it's always fairly easy to tell by their mannerisms and body language.

Allenson
07-15-2011, 06:34 PM
All this talk of New England and Vermont and no one asked me? ;)

This discussion reminded me of the several times while touring Scotland a few years back when asked where I was from, after hearing 'Vermont' as my answer the reply back was "is that in Canada?" So, it's not always Americans that have their geographies a little confused!

I told many Scots how similar to home it felt there to me--green, well-watered, hilly & mountainous, villages, farmsteads, etc. We just have a lot more forest cover here than over yonder but otherwise, there are many similarities.

True. I was talking more along the lines of the generic "white" New Englander.

Ahem, I beg your pardon. :cool:

Northern New England actually has one the more distinctive and historic regional cultures anywhere in America. Nothing generic about it. Ohio is generic.

Anyway, what are we discussing--interracial relationships? Me, I don't like 'em,

Logan
07-15-2011, 08:17 PM
I believe that the mixing has been on for some time. I think most have particular racial types that appeal to them. Cultural and or behavioral aspects are also important.

Myself, I have a Western or European bias.

Osweo
07-15-2011, 10:12 PM

Bridie, the last handful of reps I sent you were in jest. I thought you'd laugh. You know, like in the old days. If you want to be all arsey about it, well, feel free, I can't be arsed persuading you otherwise when you're in a stupid mood. :coffee:

You make valid points, but I think you are underestimating what 200+ years in a completely foreign land can do to the psychology and mindset of a person.
You know, there might be something in this, for many New Worlders, if not quite for all. I'd raise the 'founder effect' question too. A certain sort set out over there in the first place, religious nutjobs being well represented, and they 'set the tone' rather peculiarly. Later times saw a specific clad of character emigrate too, perhaps 'go getting' might describe it.

I haven't met all Americans, but I've known a fair few, at all stages of intimacy, and there's a certain vibe about many. A bit more hyped up and turned on than many Europeans. Mind you, I feel the same about a lot of Germans. :shrug:

The land has its own soul too, though, and this creeps into those of its inhabitants, given enough time... ;)

Gamera
07-15-2011, 10:17 PM
I don't want an agreement club, I want intelligent debate, which has been lacking.

I disagree, there's a fair amount of intellectual debate here in TA, it's one of the things I love about this place. Whereas in other forums you get plenty of retarded answers before any serious reply to any given subject in a thread.

Joe McCarthy
07-16-2011, 12:43 AM
Bridie, the last handful of reps I sent you were in jest. I thought you'd laugh. You know, like in the old days. If you want to be all arsey about it, well, feel free, I can't be arsed persuading you otherwise when you're in a stupid mood. :coffee:

You know, there might be something in this, for many New Worlders, if not quite for all. I'd raise the 'founder effect' question too. A certain sort set out over there in the first place, religious nutjobs being well represented, and they 'set the tone' rather peculiarly. Later times saw a specific clad of character emigrate too, perhaps 'go getting' might describe it.

I haven't met all Americans, but I've known a fair few, at all stages of intimacy, and there's a certain vibe about many. A bit more hyped up and turned on than many Europeans. Mind you, I feel the same about a lot of Germans. :shrug:

The land has its own soul too, though, and this creeps into those of its inhabitants, given enough time... ;)

We religious nutjobs developed a distinct American identity that was noted for its hostility toward Britain above all. It's no surprise that Boston was the place most likely to tar and feather loyalists during the revolution. To the extent later European immigrants assimilated with us, they are Americans. To the extent they haven't, they are Europeans.

Osweo
07-16-2011, 12:56 AM
We religious nutjobs developed a distinct American identity that was noted for its hostility toward Britain above all. It's no surprise that Boston was the place most likely to tar and feather loyalists during the revolution. To the extent later European immigrants assimilated with us, they are Americans. To the extent they haven't, they are Europeans.
Interesting position, and again, has something going for it.

Might be worth exploring how the English connection and identity was lost due to the nutters thinking they were rather more a new 'Israel', with as much to owe the Old Testament Hebrews as their actual English ancestors. Does that make sense?

You're only talking of the North though. Remembering the census identities, it seems that 'American' identity was more successful in the South, away from Puritans. Or might we see the Baptists as just another variety of this same religious identity?
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-rrPAIfT_IMk/Ta6YIL_qGCI/AAAAAAAAD3k/OTBjfCysOwE/s1600/800px-Census-2000-Data-Top-US-Ancestries-by-County.svg.png
For the North, you've clearly suffered as 'American'-identifiers due to mass immigration of Europeans in the Nineteenth Century. Do you think there'd be a big band of 'Americans' up there too, otherwise?

Are New Englanders identifying as 'English' because of the example of the Irish and Italians they now live among?

Joe McCarthy
07-16-2011, 01:16 AM
Interesting position, and again, has something going for it.

Might be worth exploring how the English connection and identity was lost due to the nutters thinking they were rather more a new 'Israel', with as much to owe the Old Testament Hebrews as their actual English ancestors. Does that make sense?

You're only talking of the North though. Remembering the census identities, it seems that 'American' identity was more successful in the South, away from Puritans. Or might we see the Baptists as just another variety of this same religious identity?
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-rrPAIfT_IMk/Ta6YIL_qGCI/AAAAAAAAD3k/OTBjfCysOwE/s1600/800px-Census-2000-Data-Top-US-Ancestries-by-County.svg.png
For the North, you've clearly suffered as 'American'-identifiers due to mass immigration of Europeans in the Nineteenth Century. Do you think there'd be a big band of 'Americans' up there too, otherwise?

Are New Englanders identifying as 'English' because of the example of the Irish and Italians they now live among?

Several points - 1. John Winthrop, the English Puritan in my avatar, told his followers as they left England that their mission was to create a 'New England', a 'city on a hill' to serve as an example for debauched England. To the Puritans they were Israel fleeing bondage in Egypt. 2. The English settlers in the South were mostly Anglicans and thus more connected to England culturally, if that makes sense. 3. In New England itself there was a major split in the 18th century between orthodox Calvinists and universalists among the Congregationalists. The orthodox left New England, among them my ancestors, leaving New England to become the center of liberal activist politics it became famous for. The process of deracination among WASPs is consequently very advanced in New England.

Curtis24
07-16-2011, 01:18 AM
He is just an odd, unhappy little man that can't stand it if some one agrees with him. He is the typical troll internet warrior that will lash out if he is losing in an argument because the internet is his only source of "power". I don't think that race mixing is right, but I'm not a dictator, I'm not going to tell people they shouldn't, it's their choice. He, however is a woman hating extremist who really needs to get laid, but can't since all women reject him.

Wow, you have 666 posts :P Maybe this is some kind of sign????

Austin
07-16-2011, 01:22 AM
I disagree, there's a fair amount of intellectual debate here in TA, it's one of the things I love about this place. Whereas in other forums you get plenty of retarded answers before any serious reply to any given subject in a thread.

They don't want an intelligent debate in that they have a list of what can be intelligent debate in the first place.

For instance, if you inherently disagree that equality is a necessary element or even a tenant of liberalism, then they have a very big problem with you.

If you start bringing up historical facts and links disproving their own accepted modern equality-doctrines and anti-racist propaganda, then that also really upsets and constitutes anti-intellectualism in their view.

If you start showing a leftist European poster that he/she is actually a pro-American, Cultural Marxist advocate from ideology derived from exiles escaping Hitlers attempts to kill them at the Frankfurt School (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frankfurt_School) via escaping to America and London, then these supposed pro-Europe, European posters REALLY get upset. Having had run around professing to be pro Europe when you've really been a pro-America, Cultural Marxist dupe the whole time, that tends to get some faces red.

<table style="width: 445px; height: 938px;" class="vertical-navbox nowraplinks" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="5"><tbody><tr><th class="" style="padding:0.2em 0.4em 0.2em; padding-top:0; font-size:145%; line-height:1.15em; font-weight:bold; border-bottom:border:none; padding:0 0.2em 0.4em; font-size:150%; line-height:1.5em;">Frankfurt School <hr size="1"></th> </tr> <tr> <td class="" style="padding:0.2em 0 0.4em; padding-top:0.3em; border-bottom:border:none; border:none;">http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c3/AdornoHorkheimerHabermasbyJeremyJShapiro2.png/180px-AdornoHorkheimerHabermasbyJeremyJShapiro2.png (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:AdornoHorkheimerHabermasbyJeremyJShapiro2.png )</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="" style="padding-top:0.2em; padding-top:0.4em; font-weight:bold; padding:0.2em 0.4em 0;">Major works <hr size="1"></td> </tr> <tr> <td style="padding-bottom:0.2em; padding:0 0.4em 0.6em; border-bottom:border:none;">The Work of Art in the Age of Mechanical Reproduction (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Work_of_Art_in_the_Age_of_Mechanical_Reproduct ion)
Reason and Revolution (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reason_and_Revolution)
Eclipse of Reason (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eclipse_of_Reason_%28Horkheimer%29)
Dialectic of Enlightenment (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dialectic_of_Enlightenment)
Minima Moralia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minima_Moralia)
Eros and Civilization (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eros_and_Civilization)
One-Dimensional Man (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One-Dimensional_Man)
Negative Dialectics (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negative_Dialectics)
The Structural Transformation of the Public Sphere (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Structural_Transformation_of_the_Public_Sphere ) The Theory of Communicative Action (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Theory_of_Communicative_Action)
</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="" style="padding-top:0.2em; font-weight:bold; padding:0.2em 0.4em 0;">Notable theorists <hr size="1"></td> </tr> <tr> <td style="padding-bottom:0.2em; padding:0 0.4em 0.6em; border-bottom:border:none;">Max Horkheimer (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Horkheimer) · Theodor Adorno (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theodor_W._Adorno)
Walter Benjamin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walter_Benjamin) · Herbert Marcuse (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herbert_Marcuse) ·
Erich Fromm (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erich_Fromm) · Friedrich Pollock (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friedrich_Pollock)
Leo Löwenthal (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leo_L%C3%B6wenthal) · Jürgen Habermas (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J%C3%BCrgen_Habermas)
Claus Offe (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claus_Offe)

Look at Critical Theory and tell me that that is a Pro-European Culture and People position and ideology.
</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="" style="padding-top:0.2em; font-weight:bold; padding:0.2em 0.4em 0;">Important concepts <hr size="1"></td> </tr> <tr> <td style="padding-bottom:0.2em; padding:0 0.4em 0.6em; border-bottom:border:none;">Critical Theory (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Critical_Theory) · Dialectic (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dialectic) · Praxis (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Praxis_%28process%29)
Psychoanalysis (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freudo-Marxism) · Antipositivism (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Positivism_dispute)
Popular culture (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Popular_culture_studies) · Culture industry (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Culture_industry)
Advanced capitalism (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_capitalism) · Privatism (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Privatism)
Non-Identity (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Non-Identity&action=edit&redlink=1) · Communicative Rationality (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communicative_Rationality)
Legitimation Crisis (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legitimation_Crisis)</td></tr></tbody></table>

Psychonaut
07-16-2011, 01:41 AM
@Psychonaut

No, I'm not. I've made a fairly dedicated study of evolutionary (Jungian) psychology for the last year, and the consensus seems to be that meaningful changes in instinctive behavior occur over periods of thousands of years, not a few hundred. E.O. Wilson, the father of sociobiology, remarked that it takes around 100 generations for such changes to occur. Think, for just a moment, about the physical analog. Physiological changes take ages to occur. There are not marked evolutionary differences between New Worlders and Old Worlders. Sure, the pot is a bit more mixed here, but not anything close to enough time has passed for Americans to begin to physiologically adapt to the Arizona landscape. Things like that take thousands of years. Such is the case with the evolution of the psyche.

The Journeyman
07-16-2011, 01:46 AM
I just made a dumb post because I did not read the previous pages in this thread.

Curtis24
07-16-2011, 01:50 AM
No, I'm not. I've made a fairly dedicated study of evolutionary (Jungian) psychology for the last year, and the consensus seems to be that meaningful changes in instinctive behavior occur over periods of thousands of years, not a few hundred. E.O. Wilson, the father of sociobiology, remarked that it takes around 100 generations for such changes to occur. Think, for just a moment, about the physical analog. Physiological changes take ages to occur. There are not marked evolutionary differences between New Worlders and Old Worlders. Sure, the pot is a bit more mixed here, but not anything close to enough time has passed for Americans to begin to physiologically adapt to the Arizona landscape. Things like that take thousands of years. Such is the case with the evolution of the psyche.

Well, I think physiological/psychological changes can take place quickly, but only in extremely drastic scenarios. For instance, if some disease were to appear that killed all brown-eyed people, then in a few generations or less humanity would evolve to be totally blue-eyed.

That being said, modern technology and lifestyles tend to mitigate selective pressures, it seems. In our society, at least in decades past, most babies born lived to adulthood and most adults had children.

Of course, now we know that for white Westerners, at least, a significant amount of people will not reproduce. Which raises the question - will this cause some kind of meaningful psychological change in Western society?

Psychonaut
07-16-2011, 01:59 AM
Well, I think physiological/psychological changes can take place quickly, but only in extremely drastic scenarios. For instance, if some disease were to appear that killed all brown-eyed people, then in a few generations or less humanity would evolve to be totally blue-eyed.

Yeah, but those aren't at all the kinds of evolutionary pressures that cause changes in instinctive behavior. Neural pathways are not rewritten in the next generation simply because half of the population is killed. Something like that may reduce diversity of population groups, but it would not alter the forms of existing population groups in a way that would lead to changes in instincts.

Osweo
07-16-2011, 02:31 AM
2. The English settlers in the South were mostly Anglicans and thus more connected to England culturally, if that makes sense.
Hmm... I suppose the Scots-Irish set the later tone more, down there. How did it all end up so Baptist?

3. In New England itself there was a major split in the 18th century between orthodox Calvinists and universalists among the Congregationalists. The orthodox left New England, among them my ancestors, leaving New England to become the center of liberal activist politics it became famous for. The process of deracination among WASPs is consequently very advanced in New England.
:(

Heh, I was going to point out my ancestors from Winthorpe in Nottinghamshire, but it seems Winthrop was from Suffolk. Bugger. :p

Curtis24
07-16-2011, 02:38 AM
unrelated, but I *really* need to do genealogy one of these days.

Beorn
07-16-2011, 02:42 AM
102 pages of shit.

What are everyone's opinions about interracial relationships?

Live and let live.

I know this is a European Preservation forum...but preservation might mean different things to different people.

I can't see how it can be misinterpreted from its literal meaning.

Preservation: is a behaviour that ensures the survival of an organism. It is universal among living organisms.

Anything which delineates from that is not preserving a European entity, but an entity which has to be wrapped up in weak arguments of morality and other such useless notions.

I think Troll's Puzzle is right in that 'preservation' is not the key ideal here, but the destruction and rebuilding of what was and what can become of us.

Such threads are crazy. I kinda appreciate being drunk when I read them, tbh.

Joe McCarthy
07-16-2011, 02:49 AM
Hmm... I suppose the Scots-Irish set the later tone more, down there. How did it all end up so Baptist?

Heavy conversion rates in the 18th and 19th centuries. State Anglican churches though perceived Baptists as politically radical, which they were, and persecuted them. This mostly ended with disestablishment of Anglicanism, especially at Jefferson's initiative in Virginia in 1786.

Bridie
07-16-2011, 06:42 AM
When you were calling me stupid and such in that other thread, you weren't joking.... But thinking about it now, perhaps you were trying to get back at me for casting aspersions on your claimed ancestry further back in the thread. That would have been fair enough.

But you know... you can get away with calling me a bogan and taking the piss out of my name once... maybe even twice in a row... but three times in succession and bring my fiance into the fold... and you can expect a virtual kick up the hole!! :aufsmaul_2: You brought it on yourself. (And you got off lighter than my brother ever did when he teased me about my name - consider yourself lucky. ;))

Nevertheless, it still stands that it is hypocritical for you to go on about how wrong it is to mock and insult other people when you indulge in it so often yourself.

Erm, excuse me for interjecting here, Mary, but I've been watching this with interest and I have to ask: is there a reason to assume hamettan isn't an Englishman living in the US?I've seen his type before.... many Americans have this bizarre idea that the English all speak and have manners like characters out of a Georgian novel... in Ham's case, he's trying his best to imitate what he thinks an Englishman would sound and behave like, and he's waaaaaaaaaaaaaay off the mark.

Even posh Brits aren't as over-the-top pretentious as Ham.

Anyway, have a look at the pic in his profile. He looks as though he has mostly Balkans ancestry.

Smaland
07-16-2011, 07:43 AM
"The amalgamation of whites with blacks produces a degradation to which no lover of his country, no lover of excellence in the human character, can innocently consent."

Thomas Jefferson, 1814

Bridie
07-16-2011, 08:05 AM
Hm, that's funny. Last time I checked, I've been living in the US for the last 6 years and therefore technically qualify as a new worlder. In your dreams, mate. ;) Unless you were born and raised in the New World, you're not one of us.

I've dealt with hundreds of Americans over my life. While I don't really consider myself one, I think I have a pretty good gist of their lifestyle and mindset.
So you were referring to Americans only when making your broad and arrogant comments about New Worlders in general?

Your view will still inevitably be that of an outsider, even if you've lived in the US for 6 years. Hell, I have Canadian family and have lived in Canada before, yet I still have the humility to acknowledge that my view of Canadians can only be that of an outsider. There are things about their perceptions and reactions that I can never truly understand due to the differences in the social and physical environments that we've been raised in - when the very foundations of our personalities and identities were formed. The only thing that having such close contact with Canadians has served for me is to highlight the differences and inevitable boundaries between them and us... but I would never presume to tell Canadians who they are... just as I would never tolerate them telling us who we are.

Have a bit of respect, Hess.

So sharing my observations and thoughts="passing judgements on th rest of the world". Got it.
You're presuming to know the instincts and hearts of peoples you do not understand because you are not one of them. In your case here it has involved casting judgements on the whole of the New World and the whole of Europe. Ok, not the whole of the world, but a large enough portion of it.

Allenson
07-16-2011, 11:47 AM

I don't think so, despite the squeeze play being put on and clearly illustrated by that map. The "American" ethnicity never really took hold here as it did down in Appalachia.

The old stock around here is pretty aware of their origins and despite the hostilities of the 1770s and again in 1812, most have no issue with noting their English heritage.

As for the 'founder effect'--I don't think there's much question that something like this played a big roll in shaping the collective mind-set here. Perhaps it was certain segments of the population who left there and came here and probably more importantly, the very new set of circumstances they encountered here shaped mentalities and outlooks which still resonate today...

Albion's Seed. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albion's_Seed)

Joe McCarthy
07-16-2011, 12:26 PM
I don't think so, despite the squeeze play being put on and clearly illustrated by that map. The "American" ethnicity never really took hold here as it did down in Appalachia.

The old stock around here is pretty aware of their origins and despite the hostilities of the 1770s and again in 1812, most have no issue with noting their English heritage.

As for the 'founder effect'--I don't think there's much question that something like this played a big roll in shaping the collective mind-set here. Perhaps it was certain segments of the population who left there and came here and probably more importantly, the very new set of circumstances they encountered here shaped mentalities and outlooks which still resonate today...

Albion's Seed. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albion's_Seed)

This is all very interesting stuff, and its relation to history and identity is profound. But while there are few remaining loyalists anywhere, there never were many in New England during the revolution compared to other parts of the country such as the Carolinas, where the revolution took on the flavor of a civil war. Of course the revolution itself began in New England and during the American Civil War New England Unionists were not hesitant to note that there remained those of loyalist sympathies in the South as they actively lobbied for British intervention. This, plus the religion factor, argues for Dixie being more 'English' in my view.

Wyn
07-16-2011, 01:01 PM

Look at the poor old English up in the northeast, surrounded by Frenchmen. A hellish and unbearable existence, no doubt.

Hess
07-16-2011, 01:58 PM
In your dreams, mate. ;) Unless you were born and raised in the New World, you're not one of us

Like I said, I am only technically an American. I still feel
Myself a European at heart.

So you were referring to Americans only when making your broad and arrogant comments about New Worlders in general?

Yes. What exactly did you find so broad or arrogant again?

Your view will still inevitably be that of an outsider, even if you've lived in the US for 6 years. Hell, I have Canadian family and have lived in Canada before, yet I still have the humility to acknowledge that my view of Canadians can only be that of an outsider. There are things about their perceptions and reactions that I can never truly understand due to the differences in the social and physical environments that we've been raised in - when the very foundations of our personalities and identities were formed. The only thing that having such close contact with Canadians has served for me is to highlight the differences and inevitable boundaries between them and us... but I would never presume to tell Canadians who they are... just as I would never tolerate them telling us who we are.

Would you "tolerate" it if someone said that Sydney is in Australia? all I did was state common facts.

As a European, I have no problems telling Americans that they are not Europeans the same way I have no problems stating that 2+2=4. it's just another fact as far as I'm concerned.

Have a bit of respect, Hess.

How right you are. Next time I see a human who thinks he's a dolphin I'll keep mum out of "respect".

You're presuming to know the instincts and hearts of peoples you do not understand because you are not one of them. In your case here it has involved casting judgements on the whole of the New World and the whole of Europe. Ok, not the whole of the world, but a large enough portion of it.

I know their instincts and hearts enough to tell that they are very different from mine.

And by they way, that's a pretty self defeating argument. You are right, I don't understand them. You're right, I'm not one of them. You know why?

Because I'm a European and they are Americans (which was my whole point since the very beginning).

The Lawspeaker
07-16-2011, 02:08 PM
When did you become a U.S citizen ?

Hess
07-16-2011, 02:10 PM
When did you become a U.S citizen ?

Last year.

The Lawspeaker
07-16-2011, 02:12 PM
Last year.
Then I take back the "bloody yank"- bit because you aren't. What on earth brought you to that viper den ? :D

Hess
07-16-2011, 02:29 PM
Then I take back the "bloody yank"- bit because you aren't. What on earth brought you to that viper den ? :D

Well, life doesn't always go the way we'd like it to. It's a very long story that basically involves one bad thing after another.

If I could leave, I would do so in a heartbeat. But things just aren't that simple

la bombe
07-16-2011, 03:01 PM
Hm, that's funny. Last time I checked, I've been living in the US for the last 6 years and therefore technically qualify as a new worlder. I've dealt with hundreds of Americans over my life. While I don't really consider myself one, I think I have a pretty good gist of their lifestyle and mindset.

@Hess, I'm sure a large part of why you feel Americans are so incredibly are different from Europeans probably has to do with the fact that you're Russian. I've found Russians and other Eastern Europeans to have a completely different attitude and mindset than Western Europeans and white Americans. I know plenty of British, German and Dutch people who can relate to Americans and adapt easily into American society.

I definitely think there are differences between New Worlders and Europeans in any case, but of course the differences between a white American/Australian/Canadian and a Russian are going to be far more vast.

Bridie
07-16-2011, 03:07 PM
Yes. What exactly did you find so broad or arrogant again?

Stating that you know the hearts of New Worlders. Although you used the words "instincts and tendencies", it means the same thing in this context.

As a European, I have no problems telling Americans that they are not Europeans the same way I have no problems stating that 2+2=4. it's just another fact as far as I'm concerned.That's not what I was addressing though. You know very well that I don't think New Worlders are Europeans.

How right you are. Next time I see a human who thinks he's a dolphin I'll keep mum out of "respect".Now you're comparing New Worlders to animals? :rolleyes:

And by they way, that's a pretty self defeating argument. You don't seem to actually understand my argument. You're the one contradicting yourself here.

You are right, I don't understand them. You're right, I'm not one of them. You know why?

Because I'm a European and they are Americans (which was my whole point since the very beginning).Good, so you concede that you are in no position to comment on what their instincts and tendencies are.

Case closed.

Logan
07-16-2011, 03:53 PM
I've seen his type before.... many Americans have this bizarre idea that the English all speak and have manners like characters out of a Georgian novel... in Ham's case, he's trying his best to imitate what he thinks an Englishman would sound and behave like, and he's waaaaaaaaaaaaaay off the mark.

Even posh Brits aren't as over-the-top pretentious as Ham.

Anyway, have a look at the pic in his profile. He looks as though he has mostly Balkans ancestry.

Georgian expression and Balkan appearance? I suppose i've heard worse. Neither seems a very great insult.

I was surprised to find I remain of such personal interest. I could care less what think of my manner of expression or your opinion of my appearance. You are very nasty old woman, if you are a woman, as well as being very narrow minded.

I wonder why all your information is blank. Why is there no profile photograph? Please continue spare us.

Bridie
07-16-2011, 04:02 PM
I wonder why all your information is blank. Why is there no profile photograph? Please continue spare us.Why, because I chucked a tantrum and am no longer posting on the forum, of course! :D

There are plenty of my pics knocking about the place. I have a few lost in the 100s of pages of the member's pics thread.

Troll's Puzzle
07-16-2011, 04:02 PM
Georgian expression and Balkan appearance? I suppose i've heard worse. Neither seems a very great insult.

I was surprised to find I remain of such personal interest. I could care less what think of my manner of expression or your opinion of my appearance. You are very nasty old woman, if you are a woman, as well as being very narrow minded.

I wonder why all your information is blank. Why is there no profile photograph? Please continue spare us.

who's the refined looking d00d in your avatar btw? is he from a movie?

Mary has posted her pic in the profile before. I hope she doesn't mind me posting it again:

http://news.softpedia.com/images/news2/Naturally-Blonde-Blacks-2.jpg

Hess
07-16-2011, 04:05 PM
Stating that you know the hearts of New Worlders. Although you used the words "instincts and tendencies", it means the same thing in this context.

All I said was that the way they behave is demonstrably different from the way I behave. That's it. Are You saying that I don't have the right to make such an assertion?

That's not what I was addressing though. You know very well that I don't think New Worlders are Europeans.

Well that's all I'm trying to prove. What Is this argument about again?

Now you're comparing New Worlders to animals? :rolleyes:

If you're being sarcastic, +1.

otherwise, you know full well that that's not what i was getting at with that metaphor.

Good, so you concede that you are in no position to comment on what their instincts and tendencies.

Like I said, I have seen enough of their behavior to know that it radically differs from my own as a European.

I'm sorry if I came off as arrogant or preretious, that was certainly not my intent. I was merely pointing out the cultural differences between two groups.

Troll's Puzzle
07-16-2011, 04:07 PM
All I said was that the way they behave is demonstrably different from the way I behave. That's it. Are saying that I don't have the right to make such an assertion.

Well that's all I'm trying to prove. What Is this argument about again?

If you're being sarcastic, +1.

otherwise, you know full well that that's not what i was getting at with that metaphor.

Like I said, I have seen enough of their behavior to know that it radically differs from my own as a European.

I'm sorry if I came off as arrogant or preretious, that was certainly not my intent. I was merely pointing out the radically different cultural differences between two groups.

FWIW I do think that colonials are a different species to europeans:

Take youself, a Russian-American, for instance. The Russian-Russians on here are swaggering badasses, while you are a bit of a girlie-man :(

Bridie
07-16-2011, 04:07 PM

Mary has posted her pic in the profile before. I hope she doesn't mind me posting it again:

I only removed that pic of me because I thought it too sexually provocative... :eyes

Logan
07-16-2011, 04:08 PM

Ryan Oneal/Barry Lyndon.

Excellent film, I think.

I wouldn't wish to see it. Nor was I brought up to lack manners.

Hess
07-16-2011, 04:16 PM
@Hess, I'm sure a large part of why you feel Americans are so incredibly are different from Europeans probably has to do with the fact that you're Russian. I've found Russians and other Eastern Europeans to have a completely different attitude and mindset than Western Europeans and white Americans. I know plenty of British, German and Dutch people who can relate to Americans and adapt easily into American society.

I definitely think there are differences between New Worlders and Europeans in any case, but of course the differences between a white American/Australian/Canadian and a Russian are going to be far more vast.

Well, I didn't just come from Russia to America. I lived
In Germany, The Czech Rwpublic, Austria,and France. If anything, I'm culturally a Central European.

I've been to many Different European countries and I always felt comfortable in each one of them. There were certain cultural differences of course, but that didn't stop me from blending in easily and feeling "at home".

This cultural gap seems only exist In New world countries (at least for me)

Bridie
07-16-2011, 04:24 PM
Nor was I brought up to lack manners. Well, you've bombed out there, haven't ye mate? :D

Hess
07-16-2011, 04:31 PM
FWIW I do think that colonials are a different species to europeans:

Take youself, a Russian-American, for instance. The Russian-Russians on here are swaggering badasses, while you are a bit of a girlie-man :(

http://deepho.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/talk_to_the_hand_by_ftpaddict.jpg

07-16-2011, 07:03 PM
Though, I would point out this generation, while perhaps more sexually deviant than other generations, is less violent. Depending on your personal moral standpoint, that could be better or worse.

. Perhaps it is less violent because it is so focused on being sexually deviant

Michael Bradley's book "The Iceman Inheritance" claimed that Western man was more aggressive than any other culture precisely because they were less sexually deviant. He recommended indulging in every sort of sexual deviancy including bestiality to curb Western man's aggression. Perhaps he had a point although I'm not convinced sexual deviance is an improvement. :eek:

Joe McCarthy
07-16-2011, 08:41 PM
Michael Bradley's book "The Iceman Inheritance" claimed that Western man was more aggressive than any other culture precisely because they were less sexually deviant. He recommended indulging in every sort of sexual deviancy including bestiality to curb Western man's aggression. Perhaps he had a point although I'm not convinced sexual deviance is an improvement. :eek:

Helps explain Puritantism's revolutionary tendencies in England and America, no?

BeerBaron
07-16-2011, 08:54 PM

I'd rather be violent than turn into an insecure asian or a rabid african that either watches hentai or rapes white girls for fun.

Fortis in Arduis
07-17-2011, 01:13 AM

I had not really noticed any of that, but it doesn't influence my feelings about interracial relationships anyway.

Austin
07-17-2011, 02:25 AM
What about Russians and the Slav thing>?

Electronic God-Man
07-17-2011, 05:09 AM

I have this book, and although he does say that his main point was that European people are more aggressive, racist, sexist, imperialist and colonialist because they have Neanderthal (referred to as "Iceman" in the title) ancestry. :lightbul:

07-17-2011, 05:34 AM
I have this book, and although he does say that his main point was that European people are more aggressive, racist, sexist, imperialist and colonialist because they have Neanderthal (referred to as "Iceman" in the title) ancestry. :lightbul:

Yes, but his theory is that the sexual dimorphism of the Neanderthal derived Europeans causes the aggression problems by discouraging the sort of sexual indulgence that Eastern cultures are known for and that indulging in sexual depravity is the cure

Logan
07-17-2011, 05:51 AM
Sounds like an active imagination to me, though I've not read it. How might such things be know from a few collections of bones and such.

Poppycock or bullshit seems more likley.

'The empty vessel makes the loudest sound'

Shakespeare

Mercury
07-17-2011, 06:13 AM

He must feel silly now, seeing as it has been proven all non-Africans have 4% Neanderthal DNA.

Austin
07-17-2011, 06:31 AM
Yes, but his theory is that the sexual dimorphism of the Neanderthal derived Europeans causes the aggression problems by discouraging the sort of sexual indulgence that Eastern cultures are known for and that indulging in sexual depravity is the cure

There is truth to this.

Western guys, VERY specifically, Brad-Pitt/Leonardo DiCaprio phenotype types, will not dry-hump the woman eye-fucking them in da club on average even if they've had 5 beers. They will stand next to the blonde instead.

The Mexican/Southerner/Black/Dark-thing will simply put. They'll dry-hump her even after being pushed back.

Even though the woman wants the West European to get his dick in there so to speak for the god-features he can bestow her, he will stand there in disgust with his compatriots. It is amusing. Something in the white male preserves him from this cultural Marxist degeneracy that does not constrain the monkey nor the ape. It is literally an internal elevation of supremacy. I have witnessed it many times with my brethren and it is a real phenomenon. White males, the most sought after ones in attendance, the ones being passed random beers by anonymous women from the bartender, they do not physically engage in the primordial realm of the degenerate. It is interesting.

07-17-2011, 06:29 PM
Sounds like an active imagination to me, though I've not read it. How might such things be know from a few collections of bones and such.

Poppycock or bullshit seems more likley.

'The empty vessel makes the loudest sound'

Shakespeare

I disagree with his theory of the cause for Western aggression but I tend to agree with him that Westerners are more aggressive. He's not just going on bones, though, he discusses history and compares various cultures. It's an interesting book, worth a read for the information he presents if not for the main thesis.

http://www.michaelbradley.info/books/iceman/iceman_promo.html

Logan
07-17-2011, 06:37 PM
I disagree with his theory of the cause for Western aggression but I tend to agree with him that Westerners are more aggressive. He's not just going on bones, though, he discusses history and compares various cultures. It's an interesting book, worth a read if you can find it

I'm sure. Possibly.

I was thinking more of the sexual suppositions. Seems a stretch.

Cheesypie
07-18-2011, 02:01 AM
I'd rather be violent than turn into an insecure asian or a rabid african that either watches hentai or rapes white girls for fun.

These assholes decry very loudly the idea that whites consider themeslves superior, so what do they do? Act as if we are indeed superior, follow us around like lost puppies and try to ingratiate themselves into our company and under our bedsheets.

D'oh.

Cheesypie
07-18-2011, 02:03 AM

As opposed to being human-sacrificing, cannibalistic, and still wearing loin cloths after 50,000 years?

Pass the Neanderthal. :thumb001:

Nameless Son
07-18-2011, 05:36 AM
There is truth to this.

Western guys, VERY specifically, Brad-Pitt/Leonardo DiCaprio phenotype types, will not dry-hump the woman eye-fucking them in da club on average even if they've had 5 beers. They will stand next to the blonde instead.

The Mexican/Southerner/Black/Dark-thing will simply put. They'll dry-hump her even after being pushed back.

Even though the woman wants the West European to get his dick in there so to speak for the god-features he can bestow her, he will stand there in disgust with his compatriots. It is amusing. Something in the white male preserves him from this cultural Marxist degeneracy that does not constrain the monkey nor the ape. It is literally an internal elevation of supremacy. I have witnessed it many times with my brethren and it is a real phenomenon. White males, the most sought after ones in attendance, the ones being passed random beers by anonymous women from the bartender, they do not physically engage in the primordial realm of the degenerate. It is interesting.

You've got to be kidding. It's hard to even tell what you're talking about. Since when do women buy men of any race beer in bars? It might happen occasionally but not enough to be worth mentioning.

Austin
07-18-2011, 05:38 AM
You've got to be kidding. It's hard to even tell what you're talking about. Since when do women buy men of any race beer in bars? It might happen occasionally but not enough to be worth mentioning.

I don't know why they do, we just drink them when they do. If you go to crowded twenty-something bars it isn't all that uncommon really to be bought a beer. You just have to not be 20 pounds visibly overweight is all.

Why would someone kid about being bought a beer by some random person? Not everything on the internet is a lie just because you dislike the notion of it.

The post you quoted I was talking about apes and monkey's and how they have very primal sexual instincts compared to West/North European males in bar and nightlife environments where alcohol is involved.

Apes constitute bull-blacks and monkey's constitute 5ft tall Mexican's and others. Sorry for the lack of detail I assumed that was obvious to all.

Tony
07-19-2011, 04:07 PM
Chris Cornell, a suspect White, and Vicky Karayiannis, another odd Caucasoid, are for sure a strange couple.

http://www1.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Spike+TV+First+Annual+Guys+Choice+Arrivals+uxjYD4O 0SAdl.jpg

R4ge
07-19-2011, 04:37 PM
Phenotypically incorrect couple. Christina Hendricks with her ugly husband Geoffrey Arend. ya'll mad?

Gazelle
07-19-2011, 10:42 PM
Don`t puke.

http://thumbs.bestmusic.ro/Poze-nunta-Cabral-Andreea-Patrascu---petrecerea/114a6c83bc283a3dd/650/0/1/80/Poze-nunta-Cabral-Andreea-Patrascu---petrecerea.jpg

Beorn
07-20-2011, 12:03 AM
Not to jump on the bandwagon, but...

I could care less what think of my manner of expression or your opinion of my appearance.

In England it is 'I couldn't care less' :D

Logan
07-20-2011, 12:08 AM
Not to jump on the bandwagon, but...

In England it is 'I couldn't care less' :D

Either way over here as is the pronounciation of the first word of this sentence.

rustyshiv
07-20-2011, 01:39 AM
Interracial relationships are pretty rare here so I don't see it as a huge problem. The only time it's discussed negatively is when a white girl is with a non white, if it's a white guy with a non white nobody cares( as alot of white guys have sex with Mexican women, but rarely date them)

Going around Austin and some central Texas towns white guy/black girl relationships are not that uncommon anymore.

Murphy
07-20-2011, 02:24 AM
This thread is still going? It gets a little boring watching a bunch of colonials masturbate to the fantasy of their own superiority.

Mercury
07-20-2011, 02:35 AM
This thread is still going? It gets a little boring watching a bunch of colonials masturbate to the fantasy of their own superiority.

Yes, because I'm sure the mud hut Australian abos and the Amerindians are so equal to us.

Austin
07-20-2011, 04:50 AM
Yes, because I'm sure the mud hut Australian abos and the Amerindians are so equal to us.

Fat hateful Catholic zealots don't require responses =)

I can't imagine what it must be like to be a Catholic and live in secular Europe. It must be like being a Muslim at a Jewish law firm....

Rygg
07-20-2011, 09:50 AM

I can't imagine what it must be like to be a Catholic and live in secular Europe. It must be like being a Muslim at a Jewish law firm....

That is such total BS, i am agnostic myself but have plenty of catholic friends >.>. Secular =/= hate against religion, we are fine with religion, it's just we don't have the preachy evangilising crap that the US has.

On topic:

I don't have a problem with interracial marriage, as long as both parties involved are decent people. Problem is, a lot of muslims/blacks tend to be fairly disrespectful of women, treating them als property/booty call rather then an actual person.

Rygg
07-20-2011, 09:54 AM

Total BS, Europe is secular, yes, but that doesn't mean people treat religious people like crap. I have plenty of catholic friends and it's not like any of them has ever been treated differently because of their beliefs.

On topic:

I think interracial marriage is fine, as long as both parties involved are decent people. A lot of muslims/blacks tend to treat women really crappy though, more as property or booty call instead of an actual person and the worst thing is that white women seem to be attracted to that kind of behaviour. So.. yeah i'm for marriage, i'm not for 'gangster style club humping'.

Fortis in Arduis
07-20-2011, 09:55 AM
http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/0903/mail-order-bride-mail-order-bride-demotivational-poster-1236303321.jpg

I know a lass who got involved with some darkies and she bitterly regrets it now. It was all to do with low self-esteem, self-hatred and crack addiction.

She had her mixed-race kids taken away from her, but subsequently she had a lovely white boy, with beautiful strawberry blond hair. He's unimaginably cute.

These strange pairings are, of course, a world away from two educated, financially independent people of different racial backgrounds who develop a deep friendship which becomes the basis for starting a family, but even that is not exactly a bed of roses.

Interracial relationships could be seen as being an interesting experiment, I suppose.

I had an intercultural relationship with a Jewish girl and it was very damaging to us both, although we are still friends and have forgiven each other. I think (and hope) that she will find a Jewish spouse.

We we racially not so far apart, as her Jewish line was only maternal and her grandmother was an Orthodox convert, and we had very similar tastes, but the culture barrier was enough to make it untenable.

Interracial has a tendency to be exploitative or transactional.

Anyway, I cannot believe that I am still writing this crap...

jerney
07-20-2011, 10:06 AM
obsessing over why some white women like to fuck black guys only makes you come off as desperate, bitter and kind of creepy

Austin
07-20-2011, 10:09 AM
obsessing over why some white women like to fuck black guys only makes you come off as desperate, bitter and kind of creepy

Yeah especially if you even care what some female who posts in such a thread who married a Greek really thinks.:thumb001:

I could say that that amounts to interracial and go really into that whole spiel but I say no.

Fortis in Arduis
07-20-2011, 10:11 AM

Well, I am all of the above, but I don't obsess about that. :swl

Perhaps they like black men in a sort of 'black rubber dildo' way? :p

jerney
07-20-2011, 10:15 AM
Yeah especially if you even care what some female who posts in such a thread who married a Greek really thinks.:thumb001:

I could say that that amounts to interracial and go really into that whole spiel but I say no.

I don't even know what that's supposed to mean. Is it supposed to be a shot at Greeks supposed racial purity/inpurity or something? My Greek is and looks fully European, whereas you definitely have got something quite exotic going on for being a German/Swede mix

Hess
07-20-2011, 12:04 PM

Any European can marry any other European without it being considered interracial. The tallest, blondest Swede can marry the shortest, darkest Maltese and it would be fine from a European preservationist point of view.

The Lawspeaker
07-20-2011, 02:08 PM
Any European can marry any other European without it being considered interracial. The tallest, blondest Swede can marry the shortest, darkest Maltese and it would be fine from a European preservationist point of view.
It's a bit hypocritical isn't it ? :)

Hess
07-20-2011, 02:20 PM
It's a bit hypocritical isn't it ? :)

What is?

The Lawspeaker
07-20-2011, 02:40 PM
What is?
That interracial mixing is wrong while mixing a blonde Swede with a short, dark Southerner is o.k.

Inter- European ethnic mixing will have the same result when it is done in great numbers: loss of heritage and ethnic diversity. In the end the offspring will be the same as Americans: whites without a cultural foundation.

Pallantides
07-20-2011, 02:43 PM
How about a short dark Swede mixing with a tall blonde southerner?

The Lawspeaker
07-20-2011, 02:43 PM
Same. If done in large numbers: loss of heritage and ethnic diversity. That's the way to create Americans.

Amapola
07-20-2011, 02:52 PM

How about a tall dark Englishman with a short dark Southerner? :thumb001:

The Lawspeaker
07-20-2011, 02:55 PM
If done in great numbers it will have the same effect in the end - the only thing setting it apart from race mixing is the fact that the offspring will be white. But the effects are the same so the difference is only skin-deep.

If every Dutchman married a German then the Dutch race would be finito in two generations or so.

Tolleson
07-20-2011, 02:57 PM
How about a tall dark Englishman with a short dark Southerner? :thumb001:

I'll permit that! :D

Hess
07-20-2011, 03:25 PM
Here is my view- inter European mixing is OK as long as it is done between groups that at least share some similarities so that one could easily adapt to the culture of the other. For example, Swedes and Germans, Italians and Greeks, Spaniards and Southern Frenchmen, etc.

rhiannon
07-21-2011, 03:50 AM
Same. If done in large numbers: loss of heritage and ethnic diversity. That's the way to create Americans.

:pound:

Hey now, we Americans aren't so bad. So we're mutts, I can at least say my muttdom all comes from the same general NW European vicinity....hah hah.

My husband's father is 50/50 Swedish/Italian. Grandpa immigrated from Italy and Grandma came from Sweden.

Austin
07-21-2011, 04:13 AM
I don't even know what that's supposed to mean. Is it supposed to be a shot at Greeks supposed racial purity/inpurity or something? My Greek is and looks fully European, whereas you definitely have got something quite exotic going on for being a German/Swede mix

Oh ya Jerney I do have all sorts of quite exotic things going on over here. Glad to see you're so focused on it :D

ANd I was JK. I have studied Chimo and I've decided he is white and that probably means he is white if I think he is.

Logan
07-21-2011, 04:15 AM

There is no loss of heritage but a gain. One plus one equals two.The diversity is not lost but made more so.

No European country is racially singular. There was never was one. You must never have been to this side of the pond. You might have been surprised in the discovery of an American Heritage.

tNqUORIFV4I

The Lawspeaker
07-21-2011, 04:38 AM
There is no loss of heritage but a gain. One plus one equals two.The diversity is not lost but made more so.

That means that you are an advocate of multiculturalism and large-scaled racemixing as we know it today ?

No European country is racially singular.
It shows that you have never been on this side of the pond.

Hess
07-21-2011, 04:44 AM
Oh ya Jerney I do have all sorts of quite exotic things going on over here. Glad to see you're so focused on it :D

ANd I was JK. I have studied Chimo and I've decided he is white and that probably means he is white if I think he is.

"studied"?

yes, after long hours of research master anthropologist Austin has come to the conclusion that Chimo is white :D :thumb001:

Logan
07-21-2011, 04:48 AM
That means that you are an advocate of multiculturalism and large-scaled racemixing as we know it today ?

It shows that you have never been on this side of the pond.

No to both.

Expatriate. I've not been on the larger land mass.

The Lawspeaker
07-21-2011, 04:50 AM
No to both.
Because you clearly advocate multiculturalism and multiracialism here. The "melting pot" - idea.

Logan
07-21-2011, 04:52 AM
Because you clearly advocate multiculturalism and multiracialism here. The "melting pot" - idea.

No. I do not, however; decide for others.

The Lawspeaker
07-21-2011, 04:56 AM
No. I do not, however; decide for others.

Let's quote you again:

Sounds like a thing a die-hard liberal multicultist would say here. And the same goes for this:

No European country is racially singular. There was never was one.

That sounds a lot like what HRH Princess Máxima said: "There is no such as the Dutch identity."