PDA

View Full Version : Turks, who are they closer to: Europeans or Arabs?

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Ianus
08-07-2013, 08:49 AM
Nobody of them, they are West Asian

turkojew
09-29-2014, 07:56 PM
Arabish politics with european looks.

Gustave H
09-29-2014, 08:09 PM
Closer to non-Whites (Arabs). I dare someone to say to my face that Turks are Europeans or are close to Europeans. When I think about Europeans I think of Whites, people of (mostly) light eyes, light hair, etc. Turks aren't one of us, they'll never be and they've never been. Case closed.

Sikeliot
09-29-2014, 08:11 PM
Europeans phenotypically and genetically, Arabs culturally and in terms of their mindset and way of thinking.

Kamal900
09-29-2014, 08:12 PM
Closer to non-Whites (Arabs). I dare someone to say to my face that Turks are Europeans or are close to Europeans. When I think about Europeans I think of Whites, people of (mostly) light eyes, light hair, etc. Turks aren't one of us, they'll never be and they've never been. Case closed.

The turkish people are much closer to their west asian neighbors in Armenian, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Iran and etc than to Greeks, Balkanites and other europeans. A Spaniard and a Russian are genetically much closer to each other than to NA's, Middle easterners and etc, despite their phenotype differences.

Arianiti
09-29-2014, 08:13 PM
European Turkey is mostly European while going further to Asian Part they are more non-european. Well not Arabic for sure.

Kamal900
09-29-2014, 08:14 PM
Europeans phenotypically and genetically, Arabs culturally and in terms of their mindset and way of thinking.

Depends on what kind of arabs you are talking about, they are certainly not close to the arabian mindset. In terms of genetics and race, they are much closer to Iranians(persians, kurds, gilakis and etc), Azeris, Armenians, Georgians and Circassian than to Greeks, Albainas and other europeans. An italian for example is much closer to a german or a russian than to a Turk or other west asians.

Sikeliot
09-29-2014, 08:15 PM
An italian for example is much closer to a german or a russian than to a Turk or other west asians.

Genetically, Italians are so far from Russians that this is not true. Sicilians would be closer to Turks and even Lebanese, Assyrians, etc than to Germans. But if you mean culturally you are correct, except for the Russian example.

Pennywise
09-29-2014, 08:16 PM
European Turkey is mostly European while going further to Asian Part they are more non-european. Well not Arabic for sure.

Culturally they are not much different than us.

Arianiti
09-29-2014, 08:16 PM
I do not know Arabs, as I have never met or talked to an Arab in my entire life, but I can tell that Turks and Arabs do not have much in common.

Kamal900
09-29-2014, 08:18 PM
Genetically, Italians are so far from Russians that this is not true. Sicilians would be closer to Turks and even Lebanese, Assyrians, etc than to Germans. But if you mean culturally you are correct, except for the Russian example.

Yeah but Italians belong to the same european cluster as to Russians or Germans. Russian jews for example are genetically 4 times more distant to Russians than Russians to Germans. Sicilians are what you consider as Euro outliers(they have highest west asian admixture in Europe), so they are indeed maybe more closer to the Aegean Greeks, Maltese and to Levantines than to other europeans.

Arianiti
09-29-2014, 08:18 PM
Culturally they are not much different than us.

Your mentality does not differ much from the Balkan although you are viewed as Muslims, or foreigners.

Kamal900
09-29-2014, 08:19 PM
I do not know Arabs, as I have never met or talked to an Arab in my entire life, but I can tell that Turks and Arabs do not have much in common.

True, but in terms of genetics, they are much closer to the ME than to Europe.

Sikeliot
09-29-2014, 08:20 PM
Yeah but Italians belong to the same european cluster as to Russians or Germans. Russian jews for example are genetically 4 times more distant to Russians than Russians to Germans. Sicilians are what you consider as Euro outliers(they have highest west asian admixture in Europe), so they are indeed maybe more closer to the Aegean Greeks, Maltese and to Levantines than to other europeans.

Aegean Greeks vary. Some of them are Sicilian-like, others are more like the mainland, only without the extra Slavic.

In general, far southern Italians, Sicilians, European Jews, and Maltese form their own cluster that is separate from everyone else, and between Greeks and Cypriots.

Pennywise
09-29-2014, 08:20 PM
Your mentality does not differ much from the Balkan although you are viewed as Muslims, or foreigners.

Asian part of Turks, Turkic peoples what I'am talking about.

Arianiti
09-29-2014, 08:21 PM

Even the Asiatic part I would not call them close to Arabs.

Arianiti
09-29-2014, 08:23 PM
Asian part of Turks, Turkic peoples what I'am talking about.

You are quite progressed as society as much as I have observed including the Asiatic part that bc you are not Islamic but secular state.

I dare to say more than some places that are known as European.

cally
09-29-2014, 08:23 PM
Closer to Balkans.

Mortimer
09-30-2014, 01:02 AM
genetically they are mostly westasian (with 5-7% mongoloid which kurds or iranians lack and maybe 10-15% euro) but mostly like 70-80% they are westasian. so i think geographically and genetically they are westasians. the phenotype varies from region, in austria many turks from eastern anatolian villages dont look much different then kurds or iranians etc. they are westasian people. culturally they are secular westernised islamic country like bosniaks and balkan muslims etc. from mindset their closer to balkan.

Mortimer
09-30-2014, 01:03 AM
i dont remember what i voted but overall i would vote europe. armenians and turks are westernasians who are europeans in my opinion.

harmonique
10-01-2014, 04:04 PM
N o n e .

Those who voted for "Arabs".....

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140320061041/powerlisting/images/archive/2/27/20140320061438!Facepalm_2.jpg

Augustus27
10-01-2014, 07:36 PM
Well I would have to say that there is some European influence in the Turks. Just looking at the history of the Ottoman Empire and how they took captives from the Balkans, though I would think that the European influence is quite minimal (2-6%), and most of it being Slavic/Albanian or Greek. Just my 2 cents.

Azalea
10-02-2014, 08:51 PM

No.

Turks belong to a 'genetic group' called West Asians who are both different from Europeans and Arabs, though much closer to the first than the latter.

For example, in 23andme, ALL Turks so far scored higher similarity with BOTH Southern Europeans and Northern Europeans than with Near Earstern (Arabic) people.

Azalea
10-02-2014, 08:55 PM
Even the Asiatic part I would not call them close to Arabs.

This is true. Some people are so ignorent. They think the world ends after Europe and anything and everything not similar to Europeans must be 'Arab' - unless they are Mongoloid or black. They have no idea about the genetic diversity between Arabs, Turks, Northern Africans and South Asians (Afghanistan & Pakistan).

Tooting Carmen
10-02-2014, 08:56 PM
It depends on WHICH Europeans and WHICH Arabs you mean. They are closer to Syrians and Lebanese than to Greeks and Italians, but they are closer to those groups than to Saudis and Yemenis, who they are in turn closer to than to Brits and Germans... Stupid and useless question, in other words.

Azalea
10-02-2014, 09:02 PM
It depends on WHICH Europeans and WHICH Arabs you mean. They are closer to Syrians and Lebanese than to Greeks and Italians, but they are closer to those groups than to Saudis and Yemenis, who they are in turn closer to than to Brits and Germans... Stupid and useless question, in other words.
No, even though Syrians and Lebanese are obviously closer to Turks than Saudis, the difference between Turks and Levantines is still bigger than the difference between Turks and Southern Euros. (Greeks are not homogenous. Good deal of the Greeks is pretty much Western Asian in origin.)

Also Turks are closer to Germans and Norwegians than to Yemenis or any other Southern Arab nation.

Instinct
10-02-2014, 09:04 PM
Turks (in Turkey) are closer to Armenians, both Turks and Armenians are West Asian.

Kamal900
10-02-2014, 09:30 PM
No, even though Syrians and Lebanese are obviously closer to Turks than Saudis, the difference between Turks and Levantines is still bigger than the difference between Turks and Southern Euros. (Greeks are not homogenous. Good deal of the Greeks is pretty much Western Asian in origin.)

Also Turks are closer to Germans and Norwegians than to Yemenis or any other Southern Arab nation.

First of all, i never claimed that they are closer to Arabians than to Europeans. When i said, ME, i meant by countries like Iran, Kurds, Assyrians, Levantines and etc, not to Arabians. No, turkish people cluster very close to Kurds, Armenians, Persians, Georgians and other west asians than to Greeks, Bulgarians or Europeans generally. Turkish people do have substantial euro admixture, but most wouldnt pass in most Euro countries except to South Italy, Cyprus, and Pontic peoples. A turk is MUCH more closer to a Persian than to a Greek or Albanian.

Kamal900
10-02-2014, 09:33 PM
Turks (in Turkey) are closer to Armenians, both Turks and Armenians are West Asian.

Yes, they are. The turkish people are also genetically close to Kurds as well:
http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/default.aspx?pageid=438&n=turks-armenians-share-similar-genes-say-scientists-2009-12-24

Turkish people are genetically very distant to the mongols, despite the linguistic affiliation between the two peoples:

"The Turks and Germans were equally distant to all three Mongolian populations. These results confirmed the lack of strong genetic relationship between the Mongols and the Turks despite the close relationship of their languages (Altaic group) and shared historical neighborhood. This study has provided useful population data for genetic and anthropologic studies bridging eastern and western populations."
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1034/j.1399-0039.2003.00043.x/abstract;jsessionid=D59E39A773FA74ED302A2183D791E8 AE.f02t04

Instinct
10-02-2014, 09:36 PM
Yes, they are. The turkish people are also genetically close to Kurds as well:
http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/default.aspx?pageid=438&n=turks-armenians-share-similar-genes-say-scientists-2009-12-24

Turkish people are genetically very distant to the mongols, despite the linguistic affiliation between the two peoples:

"The Turks and Germans were equally distant to all three Mongolian populations. These results confirmed the lack of strong genetic relationship between the Mongols and the Turks despite the close relationship of their languages (Altaic group) and shared historical neighborhood. This study has provided useful population data for genetic and anthropologic studies bridging eastern and western populations."
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1034/j.1399-0039.2003.00043.x/abstract;jsessionid=D59E39A773FA74ED302A2183D791E8 AE.f02t04

Indeed.

Danishmend
10-02-2014, 09:44 PM
http://i.hizliresim.com/Y5qny2.png (http://hizliresim.com/Y5qny2)

Imodium
10-02-2014, 10:05 PM
They're closer to Syrians and Iranians above anything else: genetically, phenotypically and culturally. Then close to Azeris (Azeris are a whiter version of them), Southern Caucasians and lastly Balkans. I got to know many Turks and almost all of them stick with other Arabs and Iranians. Phenotypically they also have a distinct Gypo-Turkic look hard to mistake for anything else. In appearance they look closest to Iranians and Syrians. Ugly and dirty people. They like to litter everywhere they go just like their cousins the gypsies.

Danishmend
10-02-2014, 11:04 PM
They're closer to Syrians and Iranians above anything else: genetically, phenotypically and culturally. Then close to Azeris (Azeris are a whiter version of them), Southern Caucasians and lastly Balkans. I got to know many Turks and almost all of them stick with other Arabs and Iranians. Phenotypically they also have a distinct Gypo-Turkic look hard to mistake for anything else. In appearance they look closest to Iranians and Syrians. Ugly and dirty people. They like to litter everywhere they go just like their cousins the gypsies.

It took me 3 seconds to realize that you are an Armenian.

zarzian
10-03-2014, 10:03 PM
The Turks of Turkey are a mixture of Greek/Armenian/levantine/Iranic natives with a slight hint of Mongloid, and the central Asian Turks are a mixture of Mongloid and Iranic peoples. In General though, I would put the Turks closer to Arabs, only because Turks have more Semitic Admixture then they do of European, and it shows in their general appearance. It is really difficult to classify an Anatolian Turk from just looking at them, as most people would classify them as being from one of their neighbouring populations, such as Armenian, Syrian, Persian, Balkan or Caucasian before guessing Turkish. As many have stated earlier in the thread, real Turkish phenotype probably resembled the Siberian Turks.

The only European resemblance to the Anatolian Turks would be that of the Balkans, but in general the Arab world had more of an influence on Turkish culture, so IMO Turks are closer to Arabs then to Europeans.

ButlerKing
12-07-2014, 03:10 PM
The Turks of Turkey are a mixture of Greek/Armenian/levantine/Iranic natives with a slight hint of Mongloid, and the central Asian Turks are a mixture of Mongloid and Iranic peoples. In General though, I would put the Turks closer to Arabs, only because Turks have more Semitic Admixture then they do of European, and it shows in their general appearance. It is really difficult to classify an Anatolian Turk from just looking at them, as most people would classify them as being from one of their neighbouring populations, such as Armenian, Syrian, Persian, Balkan or Caucasian before guessing Turkish. As many have stated earlier in the thread, real Turkish phenotype probably resembled the Siberian Turks.

The only European resemblance to the Anatolian Turks would be that of the Balkans, but in general the Arab world had more of an influence on Turkish culture, so IMO Turks are closer to Arabs then to Europeans.

Turkish people are the most Mongoloid influence of Europe/Middle east.

The Mongoloid admixture is due to Turkic invaders while the Indian DNA is due to Gypsies

http://oi57.tinypic.com/a4wmyx.jpg
http://www.theapricity.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=37103&d=1378454779

Dani Cutie
12-07-2014, 03:17 PM
To iranians 4 me..
West turks are practically greeks.

Ewout
12-07-2014, 03:19 PM
Turkish people are predominantly arab

Ewout
12-07-2014, 03:24 PM
I got a thumb down for saying that arabs are more similar to turks than turks are to europeans. The thought of turkish white nationalists is preposterous to me. Anatolian eagle. Are you some kind of freak?

Jana
12-07-2014, 03:24 PM
Turkish nation assimilated lot of Balkanites, Greeks, Armenians, tatars etc. Very different than Arabs IMO. Central Asian admixture in some Turks sets them apart. There are lot of Turks than can pass off as European (at least Balkanite) but there are others who look distinctly Anatolian/ME, Kavkazian or like Turkmen on rare ocassions. So they are their own thing, I think. Those that look Levantine don't resemble Gulf Arabians much, since Levantines are Arabized, rerely Arabian. ?

themasterofdbz
12-07-2014, 03:27 PM
arab

Anatolian Eagle
12-07-2014, 03:45 PM
I got a thumb down for saying that arabs are more similar to turks than turks are to europeans. The thought of turkish white nationalists are preposterous to me. Anatolian eagle, Are you some kind of freak?

I gave it because you said "Turks are predominantly Arabs" which is equally preposterous, not for what you're saying above now, you dumbass. Learn to make a proper sentence if you meant that.

Ironic out of everyone a troll like you calls me freak.

Ewout
12-07-2014, 03:49 PM
Turkish nation assimilated lot of Balkanites, Greeks, Armenians, tatars etc. Very different than Arabs IMO. Central Asian admixture in some Turks sets them apart. There are lot of Turks than can pass off as European (at least Balkanite) but there are others who look distinctly Anatolian/ME, Kavkazian or like Turkmen on rare ocassions. So they are their own thing, I think. Those that look Levantine don't resemble Gulf Arabians much, since Levantines are Arabized, rerely Arabian. ?

You look like a funny boy

Jana
12-07-2014, 03:50 PM
I heard that a lot before. :p

Pennywise
12-07-2014, 03:50 PM
You look like a funny boy

at least not a troll scum like you.

Ewout
12-07-2014, 03:52 PM
at least not a troll scum like you.

Why are you offended by the truth?

Hadouken
12-07-2014, 03:52 PM
Turks are closer to Europeans than to Gulf Arabs but closer to other northwest asian people than to Europeans

Pennywise
12-07-2014, 03:57 PM
Why are you offended by the truth?

I'am not offended by anything. I just spoke the truth. Why, are you offended?

Ewout
12-07-2014, 03:59 PM
I'am not offended by anything. I just spoke the truth. Why, are you offended?
Do you think that you've outplayed me now? :laugh: Seriously, are you older than 14?

Pennywise
12-07-2014, 04:08 PM
Do you think that you've outplayed me now? :laugh: Seriously, are you older then 14?

nope. I'am a baby and dealing with an albino german troll. It's getting absurd.

Damião de Góis
12-07-2014, 04:13 PM
Word on the street is that turks are lighter skinned and more european and us. I would pass for a Kurd in south east Turkey too. So, given these facts, there really is no discussion.

Hadouken
12-07-2014, 04:17 PM
Word on the street is that turks are lighter skinned and more european and us. I would pass for a Kurd in south east Turkey too. So, given these facts, there really is no discussion.

that Kurds are darker than Turks is a myth trust me ...in southeast Turkey some Kurds have Arabian admix that makes them darker yes but look at me I am Kurdish/Zaza and I am a little on the swarthy side for my Region

oh and there are also a few Gypsy tribes who say they are Kurdish lol so go figure

and of course Turkish people are not lighter than Portuguese but they are not what you picture them as either

Damião de Góis
12-07-2014, 04:21 PM
that Kurds are darker than Turks is a myth trust me ...in southeast Turkey some Kurds have Arabian admix that makes them darker yes but look at me I am Kurdish/Zaza and I am a little on the swarthy side for my Region

and of course Turkish people are not lighter than Portuguese but they are not what you picture them as either

Oh i don't really know much about your people. On the other hand, turks here seem to be experts on us.

Hadouken
12-07-2014, 04:25 PM
Oh i don't really know much about your people. On the other hand, turks here seem to be experts on us.

I have seen the thread

1 person says something and you make it seem as if all Turkish members did it

but now you know how annoying it is when your people are misrepresented and people of Turkey are always represented wrongly

Pennywise
12-07-2014, 04:25 PM

I think he is talking with his own observation rather than a myth. Average Kurds are much darker than average Turks and it has nothing to do with Arabian mixes. As an Iranian folk, Kurds are usually swarthy people too like most of Iranian folks.

Anatolian Eagle
12-07-2014, 04:26 PM

Don't take what one Turk said too seriously and generalize it on all of us, mate.

Hadouken
12-07-2014, 04:28 PM
I think he is talking with his own observation rather than a myth. Average Kurds are much darker than average Turks and it has nothing to do with Arabian mixes. As an Iranian folk, Kurds are usually swarthy people too like most of Iranian folks.

it is how I said it

you are just biased and talk like this because you dislike kurds but I am neutral and dont dislike Turks

and dont think I am offended of being called dark ...I find all these color wars pathetic but you are still wrong

lol at Iranian folks btw.

IranIC speaking yes ....if we go by that Turks should look like Kyrgyz people

Damião de Góis
12-07-2014, 04:29 PM
I have seen the thread

1 person says something and you make it seem as if all Turkish members did it

but now you know how annoying it is when your people are misrepresented and people of Turkey are always represented wrongly

Don't take what one Turk said too seriously and generalize it on all of us, mate.

Ok fine.

Pennywise
12-07-2014, 04:32 PM
it is how I said it

you are just biased and talk like this because you dislike kurds but I am neutral and dont dislike Turks

and dont think I am offended of being called dark ...I find all these color wars pathetic but you are still wrong

lol at Iranian folks btw.

IranIC speaking yes ....if we go by that Turks should look like Kyrgyz people

You're such a drama queen. I didn't use "dark" word as an insult. But still, I can't understand why are you denying such basic facts. It's an obivous thing.

wvwvw
12-07-2014, 04:32 PM
This guy looks uber-Turkish and this is the most common phenotype in Turkey, including West Turkey. He doesn't look Kurdish or Arab but uniquely Turkish:

http://www.ternanabasket.it/basket/media/bearleague/bl13540962132332.jpg

Hadouken
12-07-2014, 04:36 PM
You're such a drama queen. I didn't use "dark" word as an insult. But sitll, I can't understand why are you denying such basic facts. It's an obivous thing.

how am I a drama queen becaue I stated the obvious ? no homo :D if anything then drama KING please

it is not an obvious thing ...it is just something people like you like to claim ;)

but okay let the members decide who of us 2 they will believe ...I mean we both cant do anything else than disagree

Anatolian Eagle
12-07-2014, 04:37 PM
This guy looks uber-Turkish and this is the most common phenotype in Turkey, including West Turkey. He doesn't look Kurdish or Arab but uniquely Turkish:

I just put the image on Google Images knowing it's typical Raine stuff, and surprise surprise...

http://i58.tinypic.com/16kqqug.jpg

Hadouken
12-07-2014, 04:39 PM
I dont get it

wvwvw
12-07-2014, 04:41 PM
He doesn't look Albanian I wouldn't mistake him as anything else than Turkish

wvwvw
12-07-2014, 04:43 PM
Looks gypsy.

As usual, the east trolls itself by posting pictures of their gyppos.

He really does not look gypsy. Gypsies have different features, this guy looks uber Turkish

Ryujin
12-07-2014, 04:44 PM
I just put the image on Google Images knowing it's typical Raine stuff, and surprise surprise...

http://i58.tinypic.com/16kqqug.jpg

Raine is our girl, works for us no worries. To defend her ridiculous claim that polygamy and child marriages were common amongst Turks; she gave a link which states that these are particularly common in Turkey's southeast, where the overwhelming majority is made up by Kurds. Funny.

Pennywise
12-07-2014, 04:45 PM
He really does not look gypsy. Gypsies have different features, this guy looks uber Turkish

stop. you're making yourself look like a fool. next time, do not use the pictures posted by other members.

wvwvw
12-07-2014, 04:46 PM
Raine is our girl, works for us no worries. To defend her ridiculous claim that polygamy and child marriages were common amongst Turks; she gave a link which states that these are particularly common in Turkey's southeast, where the overwhelming majority is made up by Kurds. Funny.

If you say that isn't a common phenotype in Turkey you are freaking liar. Anyway you can fool the ignorant but not those who know Turks

wvwvw
12-07-2014, 04:49 PM
Here is the Turkish waiter than run away with the British girl:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2368278/Turkish-waiter-Murat-Can-Ertani-brags-ANOTHER-girlfriend-UK.html

Anatolian Eagle
12-07-2014, 04:51 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if it was also Raine who posted the image on Anthroscape and Stormfront threads appeared in results (note Golden Dawn :D)

Pennywise
12-07-2014, 04:55 PM
Here is the Turkish waiter than run away with the British girl:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2368278/Turkish-waiter-Murat-Can-Ertani-brags-ANOTHER-girlfriend-UK.html

ahahah.

Murat Can Ertani. He is from Adana, probably not even an ethnic Turk.

Ryujin
12-07-2014, 04:56 PM
Anybody who voted Arabs in this poll can only be a complexed hater or an uncultured individual. There's no scientific basis in that. Turks are undeniably closer to the Balkans and Caucasia than the Middle East. Turks don't live anywhere near the Syrian and Iraqi borders except Hatay where the half of the population is made up by Alawite Arabs (and they are secular western-oriented people though just like Alawite Syrians living in Damascus, Tartus and Latakia). So, the Kurdish-inhabited region is the only link of Turkey to the Middle East.

Someone said that while Turks are genetically closer to Europeans, they are closer to Arabs in terms of way of thinking. I don't see what he meant, but I'll give you one example; Sharia is quite important to Arabs, and even though they might be secular-minded, most of them won't totally reject the concept. As a result, in this research you can see the overwhelming majorities of Arab nations speaking in favour of Sharia law. On the other hand; it is extremely unpopular in other areas such as Albania, Bosnia Turkey, Azerbaijan and Kazakhstan. This might give you a clue. Many Turks are indeed religious, but more in a way Georgians and Armenians are, only with religions being different. Turks' interpretation of Islam is different than that of Arabs and even some ancient Shamanic practises of Turks have been incorporated into it.

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3681/9090403242_e7d1c68a43_z.jpg

wvwvw
12-07-2014, 04:56 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if it was also Raine who posted the image on Anthroscape threads as well as creating these threads on Stormfront appeared in results (note Golden Dawn :D)

http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?149915-Serbians-what-is-the-truest-Serb-look/page13

Ryujin
12-07-2014, 04:57 PM
If you say that isn't a common phenotype in Turkey you are freaking liar. Anyway you can fool the ignorant but not those who know Turks

I'm not denying that it is common in Turkey, unfortunately because we happen to possess the Kurdish region.

wvwvw
12-07-2014, 05:00 PM
Anybody who voted Arabs in this poll can only be a complexed hater or an uncultured individual. There's no scientific basis in that. Turks are undeniably closer to the Balkans and Caucasia than the Middle East. Turks don't live anywhere near the Syrian and Iraqi borders except Hatay where the half of the population is made up by Alawite Arabs (and they are secular western-oriented people though just like Alawite Syrians living in Damascus, Tartus and Latakia). So, the Kurdish-inhabited region is the only link of Turkey to the Middle East.

Someone said that while Turks are genetically closer to Europeans, they are closer to Arabs in terms of way of thinking. I don't see what he meant, but I'll give you one example; Sharia is quite important to Arabs, and even though they might be secular-minded, most of them won't totally reject the concept. As a result, in this research you can see the overwhelming majorities of Arab nations speaking in favour of Sharia law. On the other hand; it is extremely unpopular in other areas such as Albania, Bosnia Turkey, Azerbaijan and Kazakhstan. This might give you a clue. Many Turks are indeed religious, but more in a way Georgians and Armenians are, only with religions being different. Turks' interpretation of Islam is different than that of Arabs and even some ancient Shamanic practises of Turks have been incorporated into it.

You are far closer to Middle East than to any European. Syrians, Assyrians and Iraqis with whom you border are not Arabs so your argument is moot. And culturally you are one and the same.

Hithaeglir
12-07-2014, 05:01 PM
Concerning genetics they are closer to Europeans.If you meant their mentality then they are an intermediate.

Dandelion
12-07-2014, 05:04 PM
For AKP voters Arabs. :)

wvwvw
12-07-2014, 05:05 PM
I'm not denying that it is common in Turkey, unfortunately because we happen to possess the Kurdish region.

He doesn't look Kurdish in any shape or form. His features scream Turkish

Ryujin
12-07-2014, 05:07 PM
You are far closer to Middle East than to any European. Syrians, Assyrians and Iraqis with whom you border are not Arabs so your argument is moot. And culturally you are one and the same.

The forum has a horrid poo smell thanks to your excrements that are supposed to be "posts". I can't hold my breath any longer.

Anatolian Eagle
12-07-2014, 05:07 PM
http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?149915-Serbians-what-is-the-truest-Serb-look/page13

xD You appeared even on that page right after that sockpuppet posted the image? He has nothing to do with Mehmet Turgut tho. Mehmet Turgut is a photographer:

http://www.marjinal.com.tr/images/bulten/yuksek/panasonic/Photo_Shooting_Day_II.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/487043683104337920/iORgcL2G_400x400.jpeg

http://www.turk-online.org/resimler/mehmet-turgut-kimdir-biyografisi-8.jpg

wvwvw
12-07-2014, 05:10 PM
[QUOTE=Anatolian Eagle;3200541]xD You appeared even on that page where that sockpuppet po

I only post on this forum idiot. I don't even check other forums let alone post anything.

So to anwer your question it was not me that posted whatever you had in mind.

wvwvw
12-07-2014, 05:14 PM
The forum has a horrid poo smell thanks to your excrements that are supposed to be "posts". I can't hold my breath any longer.

Don't project your shitty smell on others piece of shit. Disinfect your mouth and hands before you type my nick again.

TheForeigner
12-07-2014, 05:19 PM
Arabs for sure.

Smeagol
12-07-2014, 05:21 PM
Europeans overall.

Caballero
12-07-2014, 05:24 PM
They are culturally and genetically closer to Arabs. I actually call their culture a melting pot between Persian and Arab culture.

Anatolian Eagle
12-07-2014, 05:26 PM
I only post on this forum idiot. I don't even check other forums let alone post anything.

So to anwer your question it was not me that posted whatever you had in mind.

Calm yer tits. That was not what I implied on previous post, and I was rather kidding with the results occuring due to you posting elsewhere, but it's not really important my genius friend. Calling me names isn't changing what I showed out. :coffee:

Ice
12-07-2014, 05:26 PM
Historically, Europe consists of Italy, France, Spain and to a lesser extent England, Holland and Germany. The situation of scandinavia and countries like hungary or poland, is arbitrary. Balkans and russia definitely do not belong to europe.

From this point turks are closer to arabs.

Ryujin
12-07-2014, 05:27 PM
Even in eastern areas of Turkey that are not inhabited by Kurds, people don't look in any way like Arabs or even Levantines. They're closer to Armenians or Georgians at the furthest. Take Erzurum as an example, a fully-Turkish major city in eastern Turkey. Here's the local football team

http://www.erzurumbbspor.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/beylerbeyi_maci_1.jpg

Some famous people from Erzurum

http://gcube.milliyet.com.tr/Detail/2014/02/04/acun-dan-buyuk-destek-acun-ilicali-arda-turan-1413154.jpg
http://static.cinemagia.ro/img/db/actor/44/53/55/vildan-atasever-639258l.jpg
http://www.umutkaracaoglu.com/wp-content/uploads/15301.jpg
http://im.haberturk.com/2011/10/25/682562_detay.jpg?1319559159
http://img-cdn.ntvspor.net/C/I/150/orhun_ene_genel_600_P1ANH.jpg
http://www.gunlukkoseyazilari.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2014/11/mesut-yar-televizyon-hastasi.jpg
http://www.mersintimes.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/efkan-ala.jpg
http://img.bugun.com.tr/fethullah-gulen-hocaefendinin-abdullah-gule-gonderdigi-o-mektup_922892_720_400.jpg
http://www.laptopvadisi.com/wp-content/uploads/okan-bayulgen-rutukten-korktu-birkere2.jpg

Ballaban
12-07-2014, 05:28 PM
None of them.

Hadouken
12-07-2014, 05:34 PM
True Ancestor you have a wrong image of Kurds in your head just saying ...

most Kurds look no different from the people you posted from Erzurum ...especially where I am from (Tunceli)

Ryujin
12-07-2014, 05:38 PM
True Ancestor you have a wrong image of Kurds in your head just saying ...

most Kurds look no different from the people you posted from Erzurum ...especially where I am from (Tunceli)

I think Kurds look more like Persians in general; but probably there's a heavy mix with Arabs for those living in southeastern Turkey. So this region of Turkey looks more Arab as it borders Arab countries in the first place. Tunceli has definitely nothing Arab, and Kurds there didn't mix with Arabs, so.

StonyArabia
12-07-2014, 05:39 PM
They are closer to Europeans and Caucasians, but have strong affinity with Iranians as well.

Hadouken
12-07-2014, 05:42 PM
I think Kurds look more like Persians in general; but probably there's a heavy mix with Arabs for those living in southeastern Turkey. So this region of Turkey looks more Arab as it borders Arab countries in the first place. Tunceli has definitely nothing Arab, and Kurds there didn't mix with Arabs, so.

it depends ...many Kurds from Tunceli look more Turkish (I almost never got guessed as Kurdish by Turks and most Turks told me I look more Turkish than Kurdish ...whatever that means), Armenian , Georgian than Persian

same applies for Malatya , Erzincan , Mus

but the "Kurds" you are talking about I know what kind of people you mean ...they dont look Persian either but like something exotic

trust me when I tell you that your image of Kurdish looks are wrong

if not I wouldnt mind ...I mean you can see us as negroids I am fine with it but why should I be silent if it is not the truth you know :)

wvwvw
12-07-2014, 05:45 PM
As if Turks look much different than Kurds lol

http://img.timeinc.net/time/daily/2006/0611/pope_protest1127.jpg

Ryujin
it depends ...many Kurds from Tunceli look more Turkish (I almost never got guessed as Kurdish by Turks and most Turks told me I look more Turkish than Kurdish ...whatever that means), Armenian , Georgian than Persian

but the "Kurds" you are talking about I know what kind of people you mean ...they dont look Persian either but like something exotic

if not I wouldnt mind ...I mean you can see us as negroids I am fine with it but why should I be silent if it is not the truth you know :)

Well, I don't say all Kurds are like that. But southeastern Kurds got mixed with Arabs a lot, that's the reason. For example, Mardin is a Kurdish majority city, and the significant minority made up by ethnic Sunni Arabs. So it's normal that the people out there are very Arabic-looking. I have nothing against Kurds. I know many Kurds that don't look Arab.

TheForeigner
Doesn't even matter what looks or genes say of Turks. Culturally they are Islamic Orientals and not Europeans.

Ryujin
12-07-2014, 05:48 PM
Doesn't even matter what looks or genes say of Turks. Culturally they are Islamic Orientals and not Europeans.

Culturally Turkey is not homogenous so you're poorly informed.

Hadouken
12-07-2014, 05:50 PM
Well, I don't say all Kurds are like that. But southeastern Kurds got mixed with Arabs a lot, that's the reason. For example, Mardin is a Kurdish majority city, and the significant minority made up by ethnic Sunni Arabs. So it's normal that the people out there are very Arabic-looking. I have nothing against Kurds. I know many Kurds that don't look Arab.

well there is nothing wrong with looking arab :p

I am just saying that Kurds and Turks are not that different lookwise except a few provinces etc. and there is big overlap especially in Central Anatolia like Sivas etc.

if you want I can show you pics of people from my homeprovince so you know what I mean

and there are gypsies in southeast like Mardin as you mentioned ...trust me I was surprised myself xD they say they are kurdish and play certain instruments etc. I did research

TheForeigner
12-07-2014, 05:53 PM
Culturally Turkey is not homogenous so you're poorly informed.

I am sure there is a strong European influence, but the country is Muslim and it's history and geography, as well as the foundations of it's traditional culture and civilization are not European. Racially you are most like Caucasus peoples and then a bit like Balkanics in the West too.

Corvus
12-07-2014, 06:27 PM
Turks are not a homogenous population. Some look Balkanic, some even Central European.
Some have Asian traits, some are undistinguishable from Arabs
Kurds are on average darker and almost none of them look Asian
still experts can tell them apart from Arabs

JohnSmith
12-07-2014, 06:30 PM

What do typical Kurds look like?

StonyArabia
12-07-2014, 06:36 PM

He does not look Arab at all. He has different eye brow shape and look of beard, something more akin to the North of the Middle East. We southern Middle Easterners have different look. Also us Arabs have reddish brown skin most often, this guy seems to be brownish-olive again something akin to the north Mideast. Well Arabian tribes vary from each other, we have basically look. The guy would be out of place in Arabia.

A typical Arabian/Bedouin looks like this, I have never seen our type in Anatolia either:

http://s9.postimg.org/dncu016xr/emirati_teacher1.jpg (http://postimage.org/)

[url=http://postimage.org/]http://s28.postimg.org/ckji0jkql/arab_men.jpg (http://postimage.org/)

[url=http://postimage.org/]http://s11.postimg.org/ljv8tn1hv/desert4.jpg (http://postimage.org/)
[url=http://postimage.org/]

Also we have high levels of mtDNA R0 which is typically associated with an Arabian female gene flow, and also J1b both which are rare in Anatolia. Anyways we have nothing to do with them. So I hope the comparisons would stop.

Hadouken
12-07-2014, 06:37 PM
@True Ancestor

these are all people from my province ...as you see mostly standard Anatolian looking people ...not really that different from Turks from Erzurum , Sivas , Malatya , Gümüshane etc.

since unfortunately you can only post 20 pics per post I will post some more and apologize to everybody that I drift off topic for a few minutes but I just wanted to share this with you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dd0IjpeNXWU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTEKrKXV_dA

http://s11.postimg.org/3kqvy0sb7/2qmhocm.jpg
http://s11.postimg.org/3narkuvyr/250_616314_umur_hozatli.jpg
http://s11.postimg.org/ogd699oib/534.jpg
http://s11.postimg.org/fu9woocib/1938_olayinda_yasamini_yitirenler_anildi_h12049.jp g
http://s11.postimg.org/j7mqp4vgz/1888537_1491705244427734_7869620592345584432_n.jpg
http://s11.postimg.org/gh8te79eb/5024527_14.jpg
http://s11.postimg.org/w402rkn6b/10418930_1491307784467480_366091334176527980_n.jpg
http://s11.postimg.org/i1e5clhsj/10724612_1482969068630448_1147212429_n.jpg
http://s11.postimg.org/5pfucujbn/1389424384.jpg
http://s11.postimg.org/6nrm1e79v/1389424435_normal.jpg
http://s11.postimg.org/nadro7plf/1399151478.jpg
http://s11.postimg.org/wyr7rcker/20140220034625dersim.jpg
http://s11.postimg.org/7xu0u6qfn/271120121155550573564_2.jpg
http://s11.postimg.org/5rzpzomz7/a39a259b8c1220086f879bbf5558e7a6_k.jpg
http://s11.postimg.org/up33glbgz/Bet_l_Demir.jpg
http://s30.postimg.org/besoja67l/cafer_kaplan_dede.jpg
http://s30.postimg.org/bu3ycas4x/deli_hakan_aktac59f_1.jpg
http://s30.postimg.org/4upwcxs6p/dersim_2.jpg
http://s30.postimg.org/ywuhbgtm9/dersimli_8_kiz_kardes.jpg
http://s30.postimg.org/qlcyythbl/dersimli_girisimci_kadinlar_1.png

Hadouken
12-07-2014, 06:47 PM
@True Ancestor

more Kurds from my Homeprovince

http://s27.postimg.org/yz3c10p7n/dersimliler_isci_katliamina_sessiz_kalmadie10792.j pg
http://s27.postimg.org/3n0xnfu03/drsimli2.jpg
http://s27.postimg.org/l1l5vpr4z/esh_20040.jpg
http://s27.postimg.org/o9pn8rder/eyup_selahattin_face_book.jpg
http://s27.postimg.org/uiaz2cazn/fft5_mf882007.jpg
http://s27.postimg.org/f2205svqb/fft5_mf941169.jpg
http://s27.postimg.org/55wbsf0kj/Hasan_Salt_k.jpg
http://s27.postimg.org/mqyuhiw83/hasansaglam.jpg
http://s27.postimg.org/vgrc4mobn/hizmetli.jpg
http://s27.postimg.org/oeteifkpv/hozat_belediye_baskani_konak_dersim_1938_den_bu.jp g
http://s27.postimg.org/tsws3pztv/intizar_5.jpg
http://s27.postimg.org/8hz7zghpf/Kemal_Kilicdaroglu5_yasamoykusu.jpg
http://s27.postimg.org/imxvp109v/mikail_aslan_7_283801_big.jpg
http://s27.postimg.org/b88jwneeb/munzuroglu.jpg
http://s27.postimg.org/6g7xcoyhv/Photo_des_loup_a_la_plage_le_2008_275.jpg
http://s27.postimg.org/hom40hcbn/Unbenannt2.jpg
http://s27.postimg.org/wus5rf2cj/super_ligin_tuncelili_futbolculari_1315823132.jpg
http://s27.postimg.org/8i3td7737/timthumb_php.jpg
http://s27.postimg.org/6exzj9wo3/yazeli_koyu_mazgirt_yazeli_koyu_ziyaretcisi_mesa.j pg
http://s27.postimg.org/5ued2ue1v/Photo_des_loup_259.jpg

Hadouken
12-07-2014, 06:55 PM
and one last set of pics and videos of my people from Tunceli/Dersim (I dont have more right now anyway but I dont want to bother you too much either)

so True Ancestor Kardesim as you see the image of us is wrong in your head I think :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ey01E45JJYg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eu63wHL-cE

http://s28.postimg.org/xcyiwepx9/ahmet_aslan.jpg
http://s28.postimg.org/dolkzmugt/dersimli_ismailin_boks_sevdasi_h16059.jpg
http://s28.postimg.org/5qvrbq6kd/dersimliler.jpg
http://s28.postimg.org/ts2nd6ldp/dersimliler_kampanyada_h29928.jpg
http://s28.postimg.org/5kdguw81p/korkmaz_03.jpg
http://s28.postimg.org/jtd3cymkd/memur.jpg
http://s27.postimg.org/gsu7yrs0z/Photo_des_loup_338.jpg
http://s27.postimg.org/5y86j3jj7/Photo_des_loup_a_la_plage_le_2008_289.jpg

:D :D :D :wavey001::whistle::biggrin::biggrin: :lol:

StonyArabia
12-07-2014, 09:29 PM
The Arabs in Mardin and Sirrt are Syriac converts to Islam, they still speak Aramaic sometimes. This why they show very close relationship to Assyro-Chaldean/Syriac people and so does the Arab dialect they speak. They became converted in the late Middle Ages. So the Arabs in Turkey are native to their locality and not much related to the real Arabs aka Bedouins and such. Honestly also on average they don't look much different from Turks or Kurds for that matter.

Hadouken
12-07-2014, 09:33 PM
^ I think there are also Iraqi Arabs bro

look at Ibrahim tatlises for example ...he is half kurdish half Arab and he looks atypical for a Kurd (even though some people will say that he is typical just for the heck of it) and most people recognize him as Kurdish ...he even represented Turkey in a show once as far as I remember ...well if people think he is the typical Turk/Kurd look then I am not surprised about some answers here but the reality is different

not that there is anything wrong with Arab looks (not at all you know how I think) but the views of people regarding Turkey and its people is pretty Chaotic when it comes to appereance

StonyArabia
12-07-2014, 10:16 PM
^ I think there are also Iraqi Arabs bro

look at Ibrahim tatlises for example ...he is half kurdish half Arab and he looks atypical for a Kurd (even though some people will say that he is typical just for the heck of it) and most people know him as Kurdish ...he even represented Turkey in a show once as far as I remember ...well if people think he is the typical Turk/Kurd look then I am not surprised about some answers here but the reality is different

I know but many Iraqi Arabs are of Syriac/Assyrian origins especially those in the North. They do look somewhat different from the Turk and Kurds, but they do have also a significant overlap. Well those in the West tend to be Bedouin, and this same is true of the South. These people are quite exotic for Turkey in reality. Although some Kurds in Iraq do look atypical as they are mixed with Arabs to an extent. Ibrahim Talisee looks Northern Iraqi Arab to be honest, I thought he did look off for being a Turk, and honestly did not know he is Arab/Kurd mix either, since he was always identified as a Turkish singer and his songs are quite popular in Iraq.

Lordof
08-16-2015, 06:00 PM
I agree

Raikaswinþs
08-16-2015, 06:05 PM
Anatolian Turks?

Ryujin
08-16-2015, 06:12 PM
Europeans. Turks are Muslim in the European context, similar to Bosnians and Albanians. Our religious interpretation is much different than that of Arabs, and we imposed our own interpretation of Islam upon Balkans, so unsurprisingly we're closer to Balkan Muslims rather than Arabs.

Arabs fail to understand Turkish way of practising Islam. For example, some reportedly got surprised at how our gravestones were well-decorated. Because it comes from our ancient traditions. Turks do care about shrines, a typical Asian attitude that will go as far as East Asia which would be unacceptable for most Arabs, they consider shrines as 'shirk'.

I only went by religious comparison because many associate Turks with Arabs on an Islamic basis. If religion is a great factor, then Ugandans outta have a lot in common with Europeans. Just because you share the same religion doesn't mean you're culture and customs are the same as well. I don't deny Arab influences on Turkish culture, which has been influenced by the surrounding geographies anyway.

randomguy1235
08-16-2015, 06:12 PM
Closer to Levantine Arabs, but closer to Europeans if you compare between ethnic Arabs (Saudis) and Euro populations.

Böri
08-16-2015, 06:17 PM
The answer complicated. Turkey closer to Levantine Arabs when you take whole population with Kurds, Zazas, Anatolids, Armenians. Ethnic Turks arent closer to Arabs, more to Europeans of some sort. Especially Balkan Turks. Then Western Turks and Northern Black Sea Turks more clearly closer to some sort Europeans with racial appearance, but as whole the country is rather racially Mena. The change in look happens somewhere in Central Turkey.

Tooting Carmen
08-16-2015, 07:06 PM
Closer to Levantine Arabs, but closer to Europeans if you compare between ethnic Arabs (Saudis) and Euro populations.

Surely that depends too. We can safely say that they are closer to Southern Europeans than to Gulf Arabs. But closer even to Scandinavians than to Gulf Arabs? Hmm...

Tooting Carmen
08-16-2015, 07:09 PM
Anyway, I voted 'none'.

Böri
08-16-2015, 07:16 PM
Surely that depends too. We can safely say that they are closer to Southern Europeans than to Gulf Arabs. But closer even to Scandinavians than to Gulf Arabs? Hmm...

Turkic Oghuz tribes who migrated from Central Asia weren't as Middle Eastern as Turkey current Anatolian population. They were mix of Scythians and Huns. Genetically like 30% Mongoloid, 40-50% Northern Eurasian etc. Native Anatolians were population similar with Levantines and Armenians. Turks became more tanned after they come here, I think you know this as you seem main anthropolog here.

Pahli
08-16-2015, 07:18 PM
Turkic Oghuz tribes who migrated from Central Asia weren't as Middle Eastern as Turkey current Anatolian population. They were mix of Scythians and Huns. Genetically like 30% Mongoloid, 40-50% Northern Eurasian etc. Native Anatolians were population similar with Levantines and Armenians. Turks became more tanned after they come here, I think you know this as you seem main anthropolog here.

Are you fucking kidding me? :rofl:

Here is your Scythian Nordic appearance xD

http://turkmen.traveler.uz/images/albums/Faces/turkmen%20family.jpg

Böri
08-16-2015, 07:24 PM

Turkmenistan has 10% South Asian and in the North like until 50% Mongoloid. They arent same as 1000 years ago. Proof for what I say are blond Scythian mummies, and genetic tests to modern Turks as Mongoloid and North European are absolute parallel, the NE always between 1,5 to 2 times higher. Scythians weren't Iranic Kıros, that's why Slavs claim Scythian ancestry.

Pahli
08-16-2015, 07:29 PM
Turkmenistan has 10% South Asian and in the North like until 50% Mongoloid. They arent same as 1000 years ago. Proof for what I say are blond Scythian mummies, and genetic tests to modern Turks as Mongoloid and North European are absolute parallel, the NE always between 1,5 to 2 times higher. Scythians weren't Iranic Kıros, that's why Slavs claim Scythian ancestry.

That is wrong. Scythians were Caucasoid. That they were part mongoloid came later. And yes they were Iranic too, seems that it hurts to be part Iranic xD

Blond Scythian mummies were Caucasoid or pred. Caucasoid. They weren't Mongoloid lol.

Just because Slavs claim to have Scythian ancestry doesn't mean Scythians are slavs lol.

Modern Turks draw most of their "Northern European" genes from their assimilated Balkanites and Caucasians.

Pennywise
08-16-2015, 07:31 PM

Scythians weren't Nordic. Espically Central Asian part of them were highly Europo-mongoloid, just as Turkics. You said this before, I don't know where did you hear that "Nordic Scythians". lol.

Pahli
08-16-2015, 07:33 PM
Scythians weren't Nordic. Espically Central Asian part of them were highly Europo-mongoloid, just as Turkics. You said this before, I don't know where did you hear that "Nordic Scythians". lol.

He claimed that Turkic groups had some Nordic genes because of Scythians earlier.

Ryujin
08-16-2015, 07:35 PM
LeL

And what are your counter-arguments?

Pennywise
08-16-2015, 07:40 PM
He claimed that Turkic groups had some Nordic genes because of Scythians earlier.

No, it's wrong. "Nordic" means North European and neither Iranic nor Turkic people were (and still are) not Nordic. Nordic people characteristic with Nordid psychical type, which is literally absent in Central Asia.

Pahli
08-16-2015, 07:41 PM
No, it's wrong. "Nordic" means North European and neither Iranic nor Turkic people were and still are not Nordic. Nordic people characteristic with Nordid psychical type, which is literally absent in Central Asia.

I know, but he claimed that once.

Böri
08-16-2015, 07:43 PM
NE genes of ancient Turks are facts, they weren't Nordic. Nordic is physic appearance of Germanic north Europeans, this is different thing.

And what are your counter-arguments?

The discussion is racial here, you take this as ideological. With your logical all ME people who are secular and have a bit European life style become Europeans. And the Albanian laughs because you try to identify with them showing Turks beggars.

Ryujin
08-16-2015, 07:46 PM
The discussion is racial here, you take this as ideological. With your logical all ME people who are secular and have a bit European life style become Europeans. And the Albanian laughs because you try to identify with them showing Turks beggars.

I'm talking about traditions and customs, not way of life. Your people worship shrines, not me. My family is secular, we don't worship shrines. But Anatolian Muslims do. And that's what differs them from Arabs. People practice Islam in a Buddhistic/Shamanistic way in this country, as much as conservative they are.

Ultra
08-17-2015, 10:30 PM
LOL, YOU WISH. :rotfl:

randomguy1235
08-18-2015, 01:22 AM
LOL, YOU WISH. :rotfl:

Don't interact with me please.

Ultra
08-18-2015, 01:23 AM
Don't interact with me please.
Stop trolling, please.

randomguy1235
08-18-2015, 01:25 AM
Stop trolling, please.

I reported you for incessantly thumbing down my posts. Like I said, I want nothing to do with you. Stay in your own section (basement) and leave me alone.

Ultra
08-18-2015, 01:26 AM
I reported you for incessantly thumbing down my posts. Like I said, I want nothing to do with you. Stay in your own section (basement) and leave me alone.
You are the one spamming me with thumbs down dude.. Anyway, just accept the fact that not everyone here blindly accepts your anti-Arab propaganda/"Levantine whiteness" as the truth.

randomguy1235
08-18-2015, 02:23 AM
You are the one spamming me with thumbs down dude.. Anyway, just accept the fact that not everyone here blindly accepts your anti-Arab propaganda/"Levantine whiteness" as the truth.

Wtf are you talking about? Quote me if I've ever claimed this nonsense. I guarantee you won't find anything because you made that up.

Gooding
08-18-2015, 02:26 AM
I thought one Turk I saw was a Quebecois of Midi origins ( before I discovered he was Turkish), so I guess many Turks look European.

Imamudin
08-18-2015, 02:26 AM
Mediterranean Europeans.

LoLeL
02-13-2018, 05:48 PM
To their neighbors

Tooting Carmen
02-13-2018, 06:34 PM
To their neighbors

Who include Arabs, Persians and Caucasians and Europeans:).

LoLeL
02-13-2018, 06:41 PM
Who include Arabs, Persians and Caucasians and Europeans:).

But they have their own admixture which their neighbors lack it:

http://journals.plos.org/plosgenetics/article?id=10.1371/journal.pgen.1005068

Our ADMIXTURE analysis (Fig 2) revealed that Turkic-speaking populations scattered across Eurasia tend to share most of their genetic ancestry with their current geographic non-Turkic neighbors. This is particularly obvious for Turkic peoples in Anatolia, Iran, the Caucasus, and Eastern Europe, but more difficult to determine for northeastern Siberian Turkic speakers, Yakuts and Dolgans, for which non-Turkic reference populations are absent. We also found that a higher proportion of Asian genetic components distinguishes the Turkic speakers all over West Eurasia from their immediate non-Turkic neighbors.

itilvolga
03-08-2018, 10:54 AM
it depends on regions so if i should answer generally, i would say none

jamakzai12
03-08-2018, 11:00 AM
What say y'all?

In average probably a mix between arabs and europeans, with some central asian influence, however some areas u will find white looking poeple for sure

Foster
10-21-2020, 11:55 AM
Turks look half Arab half Central Asian to me.

princeton90
10-21-2020, 11:57 AM
Very far from both groups. They are closer to Caucasians like Georgians, Armenians, Circassians.

Foster
10-21-2020, 12:00 PM
Very far from both groups. They are closer to Caucasians like Georgians, Armenians, Circassians.

Wrong. I know Turks in real life and they look like the Turanid phenotype. No Armenian, Georgian or Circassian is as heavily Asian admixed as much as Turks.

princeton90
10-21-2020, 12:04 PM
Wrong. I know Turks in real life and they look like the Turanid phenotype. No Armenian, Georgian or Circassian is heavily Asian admixed as much as Turks.

Genetically they are closer to Caucasians than to any European group or any Arabic speaking group. If you want, I can show you my evidences.

Foster
10-21-2020, 12:07 PM
Genetically they are closer to Caucasians than to any European group or any Arabic speaking group. If you want, I can show you my evidences.

Turks from Turkey are pretty similar to Turkmens from Turkmenistan in genetic admixture. Nothing to do with the Caucasus.

Area51Defender
10-22-2020, 01:44 AM
Yes it is true that many Turks, especially Aegean and Black Sea Turks, could pass in the Balkans and perhaps even Italy and Iberia. However, if we take into account the Turkish population as a whole, and exclude the Kurdish minority from said sample, they're too dark to fit in any part of Europe, not even Cyprus.

Septentrion
10-23-2020, 08:55 AM
What say y'all?

ARABIANS!!!

Edgü
10-23-2020, 09:07 AM
Yes it is true that many Turks, especially Aegean and Black Sea Turks, could pass in the Balkans and perhaps even Italy and Iberia. However, if we take into account the Turkish population as a whole, and exclude the Kurdish minority from said sample, they're too dark to fit in any part of Europe, not even Cyprus.

We are Karaboğa yes

Edgü
10-23-2020, 09:14 AM
I selected the weakest Turkish man in the photo an the strongest European

https://imageshack.com/i/pmBrTMNFj

We are so black that even the darkness fears us we are neither arabs nor europeans we are Karaboğa