PDA

View Full Version : The British Monarchy

Jedthehumanoid
06-01-2012, 07:40 AM
It's a big weekend for us little Englanders with Her Majesty celebrating 60 years of rule over us, her loyal subjects. I have to admit to being happy with the fact that the head of state is not another bloody politician;)

Here it's raised the usual debate about the benefits of the monarchy to the country by which I mean the United Kingdom. This inevitably brings about the usual boring insular entrenched opinions. What about you lot, over there in distant continental Europe and beyond. What do you think of the Britsh monarchy and Queen Elizabeth? Do you think they are an asset to the country? Old fashioned and antiquated or brimming with history? Is it a another good reason to visit and spend the tourist pound?

EvilScotsman
06-01-2012, 07:57 AM
Not that I bear any ill-feeling towards the Queen or any of the current Royal family on a personal level, but they epitomize a deeply-entrenched class system and should have been consigned to the history books long ago. While I'm sure they're a significant draw for tourists, there are a plethora of other attractions across the UK, and I'm sure the tourism industry would not suffer if the monarchy was to be abolished.

Aces High
06-01-2012, 08:04 AM
I'm sure the tourism industry would not suffer if the monarchy was to be abolished.

Ha...bang goes your knighthood in the new years honours list.

Jedthehumanoid
06-01-2012, 08:12 AM
Not that I bear any ill-feeling towards the Queen or any of the current Royal family on a personal level, but they epitomize a deeply-entrenched class system and should have been consigned to the history books long ago. While I'm sure they're a significant draw for tourists, there are a plethora of other attractions across the UK, and I'm sure the tourism industry would not suffer if the monarchy was to be abolished.

Aah, the first foreign reply, thank you:D

Aces High
06-01-2012, 08:29 AM
All the haters and ugly guttersnipes will turn up soon with the old chesnut....."oh but they cost the taxpayer millions of pounds"

Failing to mention the trillions of pounds we throw away on benefits every year to third world scumbag immigrants.....aid......etc.

"yeah but they cost so much to maintain and for such a small return"

The drainage system in the UK costs a lot to maintain without giving anything back.............so before all the anti royalists start piping up id just like to say in advance.

Go and fuck yourselves.:thumb001:

Graham
06-01-2012, 08:32 AM
They cost the taxpayer millions of pounds

Heart of Oak
06-01-2012, 09:08 AM
The proudest moment of my life. Was meeting HRH and I touched her hand....
I don't care what any of you say they are England......

Graham
06-01-2012, 09:14 AM
My Grandad has served the queen tea. My great grandad was in the Royal Scots. Still don't want the monarchy.

Strawberry
06-01-2012, 09:48 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBBN0QYUZ8w

The royal family are satanic and part of the illuminati, they killed princess diana

Aces High
06-01-2012, 09:57 AM
Still don't want the monarchy.

I bet you would soon change your tune if those wankers the Stuarts were still on the throne......;)

Jedthehumanoid
06-01-2012, 10:19 AM
The proudest moment of my life. Was meeting HRH and I touched her hand....
I don't care what any of you say they are England......

Bravo:)

This wonderful woman also has a sense of humour. When handing a commendation to a woman for services to Guys she said "I take it you we're talking about the hospital"

Graham
06-01-2012, 10:51 AM
I bet you would soon change your tune if those wankers the Stuarts were still on the throne......;)

Well the last queen Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon, was a Scot from the Lyon & Strathmore families. Who spent most of her childhood at Glamis Castle.

Just get sick of the Orange marches being forced on us. Our biggest city Glasgow is having 22 marches this weekend compared to only seven street parties.

Glasgow has more marches than Belfast. With Labour doing deals with Orange lodge votes = marches.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/politics/opinion/council-chief-citys-parade-plan-is-flawed.17535913

Those marches aren't a part of our history. It's an Irish one. Sick of it.

Aces High
06-01-2012, 10:54 AM
Just get sick of the Orange marches being forced on us.

Rather that than gay pride.

Graham
06-01-2012, 11:03 AM
Rather that than gay pride.

Aye, or both the same street on at the same time, marching together. Two wrong's make a right. :blink:

The marches here, are full of the types on benefits you'd see on jeremy Kyle. Not suprising, that it's rarer on the Scottish East coast, borders & highlands/Islands.

Leadchucker
06-01-2012, 01:36 PM
I see the Monacrchy as an asset. I think considering it a tourist attraction is a bit dodgy, but I guess it's valid to some degree. You can't deny the didication to the institution Queen Elizabeth has given. 60 years of service to the country as Sovereign does give a sense of steadiness and tradition which I see as fine British traits. Financially you have to give her somewhat of a fair shake from what I know, I think there at least been some concensions made to keep the Monarchy afloat and the days of willy nilly spending are gone.

As head of state,there is no comparison. With all due repect to the PM, he or she don't carry the presence nor weight of being The Queen even though it's largely a ceremonial position. Her personality and work ethic has a lot to do with the Monarchy survival to the present state, the challenge will come with the next generation. If Charles took the helm next, could he uphold the current level of respect and dignity of the job? Or should it just be passed on the Wills in the hope to modernize the relavance of the position a bit with the exubernace of youth?

Oh, and the parades. You guys have got the parade thing down to a tee. Nothing here even comes close to a parade with the Household Division in full regalia and the horses and coaches from Royal Mews. Well done on that.

ruthenia
06-01-2012, 02:18 PM
My Grandad has served the queen tea. My great grandad was in the Royal Scots. Still don't want the monarchy.

what if a stuart was on the throne - what then scotty? :p

Graham
06-01-2012, 02:39 PM
what if a stuart was on the throne - what then scotty? :p

It's all the same to me now. Stuart's weren't exactly great to my border ancestors.

ruthenia
06-01-2012, 03:06 PM
It's all the same to me now. Stuart's weren't exactly great to my border ancestors.

what did they do? put them out of a job with the union of crowns? no more cattle raiding for you graham. :p

Jedthehumanoid
06-01-2012, 03:18 PM

They've started to grow on me;)

Graham
06-01-2012, 03:48 PM
what did they do? put them out of a job with the union of crowns? no more cattle raiding for you graham. :p

:D yes that would be correct. Sheep rustlers more like though.

Coriolanus
06-01-2012, 05:34 PM
I hope and pray that when Prince Charles is crowned king he reverts to his Greek Orthodox roots and returns the Church of England to Holy Orthodoxy. Of course I am extremely pessimistic about such a prospect, though.

Heart of Oak
06-02-2012, 12:42 AM
^
Don't talk rubbish.....

Heart of Oak
06-03-2012, 06:05 PM
I saw the Barge today in all her magistic magic......

Jedthehumanoid
06-03-2012, 07:56 PM
I saw the Barge today in all her magistic magic......

Yes, the Monarchy, the people and the weather. I love England:)

London has made a small fortune and long may it continue......of course being a Northerner I would have preferred to see the procession on the Manchester ship canal or in my wildest dreams on the cut in Stoke On Trent but I'll be grateful for what I'm given ;)

Graham
06-03-2012, 08:52 PM
I couldn't see the barge on my tv screen. Too much rain.

Jedthehumanoid
06-03-2012, 09:01 PM
I couldn't see the barge on my tv screen. Too much rain.

The screen needs to be taken indoors on a rainy day:rolleyes2:

Graham
06-03-2012, 09:04 PM
The screen needs to be taken indoors on a rainy day:rolleyes2:

It was glorious sunshine here my friend. Glorious!!! Queen could have went up our Union Canal and over the Falkirk wheel through Broxburn etc...

Jedthehumanoid
06-03-2012, 09:14 PM
It was glorious sunshine here my friend. Glorious!!! Queen could have went up our Union Canal and over the Falkirk wheel through Broxburn etc...

I know the weather was good in Scotland because I saw the extensive and genuine celebrations in Edinburgh courtesy of the British Broadcasting Corporation. Fine city it is too, I was there in August last year. :D

Heart of Oak
06-04-2012, 12:10 AM
I went to university there the castle is a great place to read....

Barreldriver
06-04-2012, 12:18 AM

Gah, gettin' to read in castles over there. Here one reads next to the homeless who wander into the study halls then steal soap dispensers off sinks and toilette paper from the stalls. :(

Tradesies?

Onto the topic, I'm generally ignorant about it considering where I was raised and our lack of exposure to certain things, that being said I'd be inclined to think that there'd be a certain sense of tradition with the titles. Tradition I can appreciate.

Heart of Oak
06-04-2012, 05:54 AM
Oh we have homeless too 1/3 are ex servicemen n women, beggers, junkies well just not quite as bad as some of your citys I guess, Londons pretty bad......

Big Issue sellers everywhere......

Xenomorph
06-04-2012, 06:44 AM
Monarchy in and of itself strikes me as incredibly silly, but I can see its use in being a symbol of national pride as longas the monarch has no real power.

Fortis in Arduis
06-04-2012, 06:59 AM
Monarchy in and of itself strikes me as incredibly silly, but I can see its use in being a symbol of national pride as longas the monarch has no real power.

The British monarch has real power. Lots of it.

Jedthehumanoid
06-04-2012, 08:18 AM

University, oh how I long for the days before King Alex came to power:p

Jedthehumanoid
06-04-2012, 08:24 AM

Yes there is no Prime Minister since Thatcher who could muster the sea power seen yesterday.

Heart of Oak
06-04-2012, 09:14 AM
Princess Anne is the head of the Royal Navy, the Queens daughter......

Graham
06-04-2012, 09:19 AM

The military Oath of Allegiance gives the queen loads of power. She could overthrow the government if she feels like it.

Jedthehumanoid
06-04-2012, 09:26 AM
The military Oath of Allegiance gives the queen loads of power. She could overthrow the government if she feels like committing suicide.

Sorry;)

Heart of Oak
06-04-2012, 09:28 AM
University, oh how I long for the days before King Alex came to power:p

Please expand on your statement......

Jedthehumanoid
06-04-2012, 09:28 AM
Princess Anne is the head of the Royal Navy, the Queens daughter......

A fine woman, I'm new here is it too early to start a thread on the English Olympics:D

Jedthehumanoid
06-04-2012, 09:36 AM
Please expand on your statement......

Tuition fees:confused:

Heart of Oak
06-04-2012, 09:52 AM
A fine woman, I'm new here is it too early to start a thread on the English Olympics:D

Please it started here in London weeks ago, if you feel like starting a thread, I'm sure it will do well....

Heart of Oak
06-05-2012, 01:01 AM
Tuition fees:confused:

Oh sorry mine where paid for by the Royal Navy....

Jedthehumanoid
06-05-2012, 11:25 AM
It's the big church day of thanks today. There's something very comforting and reassuring when the Forces, Church and Monarchy get together with those insignificant politicians kept a few rows back in deference.

60 glorious years of saving the country from President Blair, Major, Kinnock...the list is endless although I suspect that Thatcher would have been more regal than Elizabeth ;)

Fortis in Arduis
06-05-2012, 11:49 AM
It's the big church day of thanks today. There's something very comforting and reassuring when the Forces, Church and Monarchy get together with those insignificant politicians kept a few rows back in deference.

60 glorious years of saving the country from President Blair, Major, Kinnock...the list is endless although I suspect that Thatcher would have been more regal than Elizabeth ;)

A very big welcome to the forum! :thumbs

Graham
06-05-2012, 11:52 AM
Help ma' Boab

Vojnik
06-05-2012, 12:24 PM
It makes me angry when I hear on tv when people say the queen has worked extremely hard during her time on the thrown. :D What hardship has she been through? she receives anything she desires, she travels the world in luxury, she lives in a huge mansion with maids and butlers, What a hard life ay? Same goes with the rest of the Royal family.

Hurrem sultana
06-05-2012, 12:33 PM
who cares about that old senile lady? she is already with one foot in the grave

Graham
06-05-2012, 12:42 PM
It makes me angry when I hear on tv when people say the queen has worked extremely hard during her time on the thrown. :D What hardship has she been through? she receives anything she desires, she travels the world in luxury, she lives in a huge mansion with maids and butlers, What a hard life ay? Same goes with the rest of the Royal family.

The lads on this topic, would supply her as a foot rest. Kneel down on all fours for HRM. Sheep.

Jedthehumanoid
06-05-2012, 02:55 PM
The lads on this topic, would supply her as a foot rest. Kneel down on all fours for HRM. Sheep.

Baaaa :D

Graham
06-05-2012, 03:00 PM
Sheep!!

http://www.photographyblogger.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/074.jpghttp://3.bp.blogspot.com/-KAg3oXZkp6k/Tl3DOpV3RxI/AAAAAAAAAqA/P7tFMlcqGQY/s1600/sheep_3.jpghttp://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRN_zHiR0YTddtdPek4BXlH6LMKzHyZQ Gn2Mph8UIupdfJl_G3p7dGrL_8http://www.pulsarmedia.eu/data/media/1053/Shaun%20The%20Sheep%206.jpg

Jedthehumanoid
06-05-2012, 03:07 PM

You're so very wrong....she has more than one huge mansion;)

Being English and living for a fair few years for me the Queen is the embodiment of the state. If Cleopatra was Egypt then Elizabeth is England. I can't speak for the other countries that make up the UK. There was no coersion on the people of this country to celebrate or cheer over the last 4 days and I applaud this country for the fact that republicans have the freedom to have their say*

*Apart from Graham;)

On a separate note I was in Split last July and had the pleasure of seeing a group of traditional Macedonian dancers. They were very good:)

Jedthehumanoid
06-05-2012, 03:09 PM

Forgot to add Graham, thanks for calling me a lad. Biggest compliment I've had in years.

Graham
06-05-2012, 03:12 PM
Queen wore earplugs hahaha. She hates youse!! I would if I had to listen to Rolf Harris, Will.I.Am & Tom Jones

https://p.twimg.com/AukmpUHCQAA-cR9.jpg

Jedthehumanoid
06-05-2012, 03:16 PM
Queen wore earplugs hahaha. She hates youse!! I would if I had to listen to Rolf Harris, Will.I.Am & Tom Jones

https://p.twimg.com/AukmpUHCQAA-cR9.jpg

Mmmm, I hadn't got you down as a Shirley Bassey fan:wink

Aces High
06-06-2012, 06:31 AM
It makes me angry when I hear on tv when people say the queen has worked extremely hard during her time on the thrown.

Fisrst of all its a throne and not a fucking thrown.

I think what they mean is that from the time she became monarch she basically devoted her life to that very cause,and the cause of her subjects.

She hasnt profited from her tenure in the way some cheapskate here today gone tomorrow politician would have.....she knows what her role is and accepted it.

There are perks i admit,but that comes with the title and i doubt making her live in some council flat in peckham would achieve anything other than satisfying the sadistic nature of a few lowlifes.

If you ask yourself why some people on this forum defend her i can answer that they like me took an oath of alliegance which is all binding and final.
It ends when we die....and we promised to serve the monarch until death.....not some politician but the monarch.
Its like a marriage vow really and in some ways more binding because its the same act of loyalty that our ancestors took so has the weight of tradition behind it.

I myself think that wide sweeping social changes should take place being of an NS mindset...but the Queen should remain as head of state.

Aces High
06-06-2012, 06:34 AM
who cares about that old senile lady?

Her loyal subjects.

As you and your cohorts care so much about some middle eastern pedo.;)

Osprey
06-06-2012, 06:39 AM
Her loyal subjects.

As you and your cohorts care so much about some middle eastern pedo.;)

There are some who link the Queen with a reptoid.

Aces High
06-06-2012, 06:41 AM

Its ok to hate her...she's white and Germanic....;)

Fortis in Arduis
06-06-2012, 06:47 AM

Maybe on LSD 25/25, but not in sobriety... :D

I think perchance that you refer to one David Icke, who has a religiose travelling entertainment show.

I think that he believed that he was the Messiah at one point in his strange career. :cool:

Icke was a well-known BBC television sports presenter and spokesman for the Green Party, when in 1990 a psychic told him he was a healer who had been placed on Earth for a purpose, and that the spirit world was going to pass messages to him so he could educate others. In March 1991 he held a press conference to announce that he was a "Son of the Godhead" – a phrase he said later the media had misunderstood – and the following month told the BBC's Terry Wogan show that the world would soon be devastated by tidal waves and earthquakes. He said the show changed his life, turning him from a respected household name into someone who was laughed at whenever he appeared in public.[2]

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=David_Icke

Heart of Oak
06-06-2012, 08:23 AM
If you have a problem with HRH, don't bother coming to England.
The English on the whole you will find HRH is much loved by the Commonwealth.
And many other countries as well.
I swore allegiance to HRH as did many others.
I shall protect the Monarch till death.
I not only love, respect and obey HRH whom so ever it shall be, I wish them a long an glorious reign......

Polpottian
06-09-2012, 11:11 PM
The Monarchy gets on my nerves - last weekend was like Hell :(

Heart of Oak
06-10-2012, 08:23 AM
Without the monarchy this England would fall....
An you don't have to watch TV it is not the only thing to do with your free time, try licking your nose or what ever your type find amusing....

Jedthehumanoid
06-10-2012, 03:52 PM
The Monarchy gets on my nerves - last weekend was like Hell :(

Last weekend was ace, utterly ace....I'm still smiling:D

Heart of Oak
06-11-2012, 08:33 AM
We declare war on everyone who hates our Queen or even just bad mouths them.....

Jedthehumanoid
06-12-2012, 06:30 AM
They haven't gone away boys and girls:tongue

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/18403971

Heart of Oak
06-13-2012, 01:13 PM
AwziS2aE6Ww

Jedthehumanoid
06-13-2012, 04:36 PM
AwziS2aE6Ww

Great song mate but surely you can't be a Derby County fan:D

Heart of Oak
06-13-2012, 06:26 PM
Great song mate but surely you can't be a Derby County fan:D
Rugby is my game but I used to watch
Chelsea as a matter of fact, but what of it....

Heart of Oak
06-13-2012, 06:37 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/archive/0/04/20100401123939%21Pirate_Flag_of_Blackbeard_%28Edwa rd_Teach%29.svg

Fortis in Arduis
06-13-2012, 07:03 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/archive/0/04/20100401123939%21Pirate_Flag_of_Blackbeard_%28Edwa rd_Teach%29.svg

It belongs in image tags.

This format (img)address(/img) but with square brackets.

Jedthehumanoid
06-16-2012, 07:40 AM
Her Majesty's official birthday today and the Trooping the colour ceremony.

http://www.royal.gov.uk/royaleventsandceremonies/troopingthecolour/troopingthecolour.aspx

Heart of Oak
06-16-2012, 10:55 AM
And peace in the Falkland isles.....
30 years 14th June 1982......
It makes the Royal Birthday even more special for me......
I pray for all who gave on both sides......