PDA

View Full Version : Is your country backward and stupid?

Quorra
06-10-2012, 09:35 AM
Mine kinda is :laugh:

Virtuous
06-10-2012, 09:38 AM
Hell yeah, ofc it is.

Aces High
06-10-2012, 09:40 AM
In some respects yes...PC,positive racism and all the rest of that shit.

In others its light years ahead.

Quorra
06-10-2012, 09:52 AM
One of the things that annoy me is that they seem to choose males with non-progressive features for TV personalities etc. It's like we just always have to dumb things down for some idiotic reason. Like having progressive features is a snooty English thing or something. It's frustrating as hell being surrounded by these people most of the time.

aimar
06-10-2012, 09:53 AM
yes, in some departments

Rereg
06-10-2012, 09:54 AM
We have stupid/backwards media and politicians.

Aces High
06-10-2012, 09:57 AM
One of the things that annoy me is that they seem to choose males with non-progressive features for TV personalities etc.

Not that i watch much tv but i think talent should be the deciding factor.Some of the most talented people arent the best looking...but i dont think this should be used against them.

Dacul
06-10-2012, 09:59 AM
Romania?
Sure,lol.Think is most backward from whole Europe.

Quorra
06-10-2012, 10:18 AM
Not that i watch much tv but i think talent should be the deciding factor.Some of the most talented people arent the best looking...but i dont think this should be used against them.

Of course but they go out of their way to promote the ordinary a lot.

Aces High
06-10-2012, 10:24 AM
Of course but they go out of their way to promote the ordinary a lot.

The age of the common man old girl...;)

Leliana
06-10-2012, 12:03 PM
Germany and Austria are advanced but politically stupid. :(

Fortis in Arduis
06-10-2012, 12:47 PM
Who put 'sex with koala' as a tag? lol

I sympathise with Quorra about the 'dumbing down', it is everywhere here. The impersonal pronoun is rarely, if ever, utilised in the media. Prince Charles was audibly straining so as not to use it in a recent documentary. It benefits no-one. :rolleyes:

Zack_Fair
06-10-2012, 12:49 PM
Yes... To an extent...

Linet
06-10-2012, 12:53 PM
Nah...:stop00010:
...we are years ahead of everyone...:action-smiley-043:
...we are the first in Europe to go bankrupt :cupgold0:...and my secret source is telling me that more will follow our bright example...:welcome:
...Dont be jealous guys :fhmm:... you can all take a piece...:thumbs

Rastko
06-10-2012, 12:57 PM
I don't understand the thread.

Is backwards traditional and conservative?

If so, luckily a lot of people in my surrounding charish tradition and conservative values.

Zack_Fair
06-10-2012, 12:58 PM
Nah...:stop00010:
...we are years ahead of everyone...:action-smiley-043:
...we are the first in Europe to go bankrupt :cupgold0:...and my secret source is telling me that more will follow our bright example...:welcome:
...Dont be jealous guys :fhmm:... you can all take a piece...:thumbs

Where do you live again?

Jedthehumanoid
06-10-2012, 12:59 PM
I think it's safe to say that we have our moments.

Linet
06-10-2012, 01:00 PM
Where do you live again?

:shocked: Sacriledge!!!!! :angryw

...Greece of course...:cool:

Virtuous
06-10-2012, 01:08 PM
What I hate from Malta: Corrupt Politics and Politicians, Narrow minded people/sheep, Religious feasts (in which people curse, shout, sing, drink...while topless, and the fatter they are the more they show off), and teenagers or people in general that feel cool because they are ignorant, loud mouthed and bursting with ego...we call them "Hamalli", mostly present in the South.

Did I mention the church?

Fortis in Arduis
06-10-2012, 04:51 PM
What I hate from Malta: Corrupt Politics and Politicians, Narrow minded people/sheep, Religious feasts (in which people curse, shout, sing, drink...while topless, and the fatter they are the more they show off), and teenagers or people in general that feel cool because they are ignorant, loud mouthed and bursting with ego...we call them "Hamalli", mostly present in the South.

Did I mention the church?

Malta needs MOAR Norman!

UMqMy_ut3_E

And, yes, I have heard about your Jesuits. ;)

Virtuous
06-10-2012, 06:46 PM
Malta needs MOAR Norman!

UMqMy_ut3_E

And, yes, I have heard about your Jesuits. ;)

Only he can cleanse Malta from all the corruption and ignorance, HEIL NORMAN.

Midori
06-10-2012, 06:49 PM
*sigh* Yes, it is...

Quorra
06-10-2012, 07:41 PM
I don't understand the thread.

Is backwards traditional and conservative?

If so, luckily a lot of people in my surrounding charish tradition and conservative values.

Not backward in the PC sense.

Obviously homegenity and good manners are not backwards but are touted as such by the PC.

I'm just talking about small minded people who are unwillingly to change for the better, even though they allow themselves to be coerced for the worst.

That is, my people lack in reasoning. They are boorish and stupid and easily led.
I'm sorry if that's negative but that's the way I see it.

Fortis in Arduis
06-10-2012, 09:39 PM
Not backward in the PC sense.

Obviously homegenity and good manners are not backwards but are touted as such by the PC.

I'm just talking about small minded people who are unwillingly to change for the better, even though they allow themselves to be coerced for the worst.

That is, my people lack in reasoning. They are boorish and stupid and easily led.
I'm sorry if that's negative but that's the way I see it.

We don't have that in the same way here, but the people are their own oppressors. People are not helping their neighbours as much as they might. Society has atomised and people follow consumerism and materialism.

This culture also becomes more prevalent towards London.

We do have the inverted snobbery that I think you have mentioned, but actually British people of all classes are aspirational, although, as I said, little is done with consideration towards others or society as a whole.

Vasconcelos
06-10-2012, 09:40 PM
YES

Comte Arnau
06-10-2012, 09:42 PM
Catalonia is not backward. But until it is not independent, I'll consider it stupid.

Breedingvariety
06-10-2012, 09:46 PM
Is your country backward and stupid?
Mine kinda is :laugh:
Mine absolutely is!:icon_neutral:

Vasconcelos
06-10-2012, 09:46 PM
YES

Let me rephrase it, in case someone didn't understand it...

http://danossia.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/yes.png
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-vSWO12hbalM/TbQZFesyC4I/AAAAAAAAAaU/wlCJY2Zng_U/s1600/yes.png

Siegfried
06-10-2012, 09:48 PM
Canada? Where do I start?...