PDA

View Full Version : Any Danes about?

Skandi
06-13-2012, 03:57 PM
So it is possible that I may be moving to Denmark in the near future. so if you had one piece of advice to give (or more :p) what would it be? please don't say "don't" that's not very helpfull!

I already have accomodation and support sorted while I learn rather more Danish than I know now, so anything anyone can think of that I may have overlooked (I'm from Scotland)

Jedthehumanoid
06-13-2012, 04:39 PM
Go for it, fabulous country and wonderful people. What takes you there and which part of Denmark?

Skandi
06-13-2012, 07:54 PM
Go for it, fabulous country and wonderful people. What takes you there and which part of Denmark?

would be North DK though that would probably have to be looked at for work, and what other reason for girls to move around the world.. a man :)

Jedthehumanoid
06-13-2012, 08:21 PM
would be North DK though that would probably have to be looked at for work, and what other reason for girls to move around the world.. a man :)

:D:D:D

I'm familiar with central Jutland having holidayed on several occasions near to Aarhus and spent a large amount of time with a couple of academics at the university. Over the last 4 to 5 years I have acquired a couple of very good friends one in Aalborg and one in Arhus and hosted incoming visits on several occasions as well. They seem to like the Brits:) My closest friends lived there during August to mid-December over a 6 year period and one of them found the lack of daylight a little difficult as winter drew in. I've been there 4 or 5 times in October and it's been fine:) The lake district is impressive and of course the wide open spaces and empty beaches but I,m sure that you're used to that:)

Jedthehumanoid
06-13-2012, 08:27 PM
Just a thought would it be worth dropping the question into the Danish section....I keep having a glance there and it's deadly quiet:)

Albion
06-13-2012, 08:31 PM
What made you decide you want to live in Denmark? Scotland is quite nice, Denmark is just a Nordic version of England.

Skandi
06-14-2012, 07:24 AM
:D:D:D

...My closest friends lived there during August to mid-December over a 6 year period and one of them found the lack of daylight a little difficult as winter drew in. .....empty beaches but I,m sure that you're used to that:)

I already live at the same latitude so the light is not an issue, I hate the short days England gets in summer now! and yeah the north sea is never popular swimming wise :p

Just a thought would it be worth dropping the question into the Danish section....I keep having a glance there and it's deadly quiet:)
I didn't put it there for exactly that reason.. :o but if someone thinks it fits better... please move it

What made you decide you want to live in Denmark? Scotland is quite nice, Denmark is just a Nordic version of England.

It does look similar, warmer than Scotland if rather FLAT! I love it here in Scotland, but since he lives near all his family and friends and I live 550miles away from mine, it's less hassle me moving than him, although he does speak English.. *goes back to Danish txt book*

Jedthehumanoid
06-14-2012, 07:30 AM
I didn't put it there for exactly that reason.. :o but if someone thinks it fits better... please move it

I meant as well as:D

Albion
06-16-2012, 12:52 AM
I already live at the same latitude so the light is not an issue, I hate the short days England gets in summer now! and yeah the north sea is never popular swimming wise :p

Well Denmark's at about the same latitude as Northern England and Southern Scotland.

It does look similar, warmer than Scotland if rather FLAT! I love it here in Scotland, but since he lives near all his family and friends and I live 550miles away from mine, it's less hassle me moving than him, although he does speak English.. *goes back to Danish txt book*

Well it looks like a lovely country anyway, I hope it goes well for you and your partner. :)

Jedthehumanoid
06-16-2012, 07:28 AM
Well Albion who'd have thought, you and me the only two pseudo Danes who post on here:wink

Skandi
06-16-2012, 11:06 AM
Well Albion who'd have thought, you and me the only two pseudo Danes who post on here:wink

I know.. lol silent Danes!

Jedthehumanoid
06-16-2012, 07:09 PM
You do realise Skandi that it's all your fault that I'm now making enquiries about a possible trip over there next month :D

Jedthehumanoid
06-16-2012, 07:12 PM
I know.. lol silent Danes!

ps Is that the Scottish laugh out loud or the English lots of love :wink

Skandi
06-17-2012, 04:00 PM
ps Is that the Scottish laugh out loud or the English lots of love :wink

laughing.. and really lol at you looking at going :p I will be back in September I think.

Jedthehumanoid
06-26-2012, 09:15 PM
laughing.. and really lol at you looking at going :p I will be back in September I think.

It's done I'll be over there at the end of July - 5 days based in Aalborg and Arhus including seeing Aab and the mighty AGF:D

Got a fair few Danish mateys so if you want any insider knowledge just send me a PM:cool: