PDA

View Full Version : Fathers Day

Jedthehumanoid
06-17-2012, 10:09 AM
It's the day of the fathers here in the UK. I've received my strict instructions....whatever you want to do dad but no museums, galleries, castles, etc:D

What's everyone doing? Here's a Fathers Day card :wink

http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k559/jamlander/durex.jpg

Fortis in Arduis
06-17-2012, 11:21 AM
Father's Day is American, but I'll use the phone and say 'hello.'

Contusion
06-17-2012, 01:19 PM

That's weak.

I invited my father to go golfing on the course I work at but he declined, thankfully. Golf is fine and all if you have 4 1/2 hours to spare and don't mind being in the sun the majority of that time.

Instead, we're going to a local restaurant to feast and watch the Euro games.

Fortis in Arduis
06-17-2012, 01:41 PM
That's weak.

I invited my father to go golfing on the course I work at but he declined, thankfully. Golf is fine and all if you have 4 1/2 hours to spare and don't mind being in the sun the majority of that time.

Instead, we're going to a local restaurant to feast and watch the Euro games.

As I explained, this is not America, and so I shall ring my dad and have a joke about it. The UK does not have a Father's Day.

Jedthehumanoid, you have been sucked into buying Father's Day.

xajapa
06-17-2012, 01:44 PM
Unfortunately, my father has passed. I do encourage everyone to wish their father a happy day. You never know when he will no longer be with you.

Contusion
06-17-2012, 02:38 PM
As I explained, this is not America, and so I shall ring my dad and have a joke about it. The UK does not have a Father's Day.

Jedthehumanoid, you have been sucked into buying Father's Day.

Okay, I get it now.

Leadchucker
06-17-2012, 03:56 PM
Unfortunately, my father has passed. I do encourage everyone to wish their father a happy day. You never know when he will no longer be with you.

Mine too has gone on to his eternal rewards. It's been 17 years already.:(

Balmung
06-17-2012, 04:03 PM
My father is sleep.

We both have hangovers. Went out yesterday to a family get together. Had a mass water fight, dancing, doing stupid shit, stayed until about 1 am. My dad and his family...... :lol: was a good day. I guess that counts as a fathers day gift, i'm cheap and broke atm.

PetiteParisienne
06-17-2012, 04:03 PM
Happy Fathers Day to all who celebrate it!

Jedthehumanoid
06-17-2012, 04:09 PM

Hopefully this will be the response from my own children:)

Jedthehumanoid
06-17-2012, 04:11 PM

Make an effort, think of your inheritance :wink

On the American note my two are heading towards the 16 year old Prom celebrations. Now that is a load of imported rip off mumbo jumbo :rolleyes2:

xajapa
06-17-2012, 05:46 PM
Mine too has gone on to his eternal rewards. It's been 17 years already.:(

It has been six years for my father.

Hopefully this will be the response from my own children:)

One would hope. You don't have children to serve you, but, I am sure every good father and mother would like to be appreciated by their children for the sacrifices they have made. Acknowledging a parent on a day like father's day is an easy way to say thanks.

Germanicus
06-17-2012, 05:51 PM
I had 2 fathers day cards, one card was from my furry children.:)

Germanicus
06-17-2012, 05:53 PM
It has been six years for my father.

It has been 8 years for mine. :(

Comte Arnau
06-17-2012, 05:58 PM
In Iberia, it's in March 19, day of Saint Joseph.

Jedthehumanoid
06-17-2012, 08:19 PM
In Iberia, it's in March 19, day of Saint Joseph.

Is that the day of the Fallas in Valencia....one of the best nights I've ever had:D