PDA

View Full Version : Utter boredom

Zack_Fair
06-23-2012, 03:15 PM
:sad: Have you ever been in a situation where you just can't satisfy your boredom? How did you deal with it?

Zack_Fair
06-23-2012, 03:17 PM
With all the active members on here... I'm sure that I'm not alone!!

Jedthehumanoid
06-23-2012, 03:56 PM
:sad: Have you ever been in a situation where you just can't satisfy your boredom? How did you deal with it?

There's nothing like full on lethargy....it's a case of breaking it with forced exercise or going to bed:)

Siberian Cold Breeze
06-25-2012, 08:20 PM
i m the queen of proscastination ..always find something to amuse myself..

Linet
06-25-2012, 08:26 PM
I am never bored more than 30 secs...:baby2000:
...manga :elf, threads :typing, books :book2:, hictory sites :oldman:, movies :fhhorse: and friends :grouphug:...always pop up to make me feel reaaaaaally good :horn:

Edelmann
06-25-2012, 08:29 PM
I usually just lay down until I feel like doing something (assuming I'm able to).

arcticwolf
06-25-2012, 08:53 PM
This will surprise you. I've never been bored in my life. I have no idea what that is like. I can be for weeks just by myself and I don't get bored. Seems I am self sufficient in the entertainment field. ;) My mind finds everything interesting, and never stops investigating the phenomena, regardless if it's a existential problem like "why anything exists at all" or mundane like a fly just trying to make a living. My mind finds the utterly complicated as fascinating as the utterly mundane. Not sure how that will help in your situation. I think the key is the orientation of the mind. Mind that observes reality can never get bored because the flow of reality never stops. :)

GeistFaust
06-25-2012, 08:58 PM
Life is a fluid fluxing between boredom and excitement, and our boredom drives us to subconsciously desiring to find excitement, while our excitement causes us to become bored. Its all a ravenous cycle from which it seems we can never release ourselves, but there is a way in which we can, and it all comes down to perspective.

There are plenty of opportunities to occupy oneself at all times with something useful or at least somewhat exciting, and anyone who can not is really not that exciting of an individual. Boredom is just a sign of a lack of ambition and innovation, but rather a disposition which reveals just how unsure you are as to what you want.

Its fine to take times to rest for meditate as to what ought to be the next appropriate move, but one ought never become stagnant. We should not confuse leisure, which is the cleaning of petty details in between breaks of our major work, with laziness, sloth, and a stagnant type of boredom which corrodes at our very metaphysical well being and potential.

Blackout
09-19-2013, 12:11 AM
Gonna go for a long walk...

Melina
09-19-2013, 12:27 AM

Put myself in one of the hardest private universities in the country and did exercise on my spare time. Add some dorm drama,,some pre test anxiety and reading at least sixty pages of a book per day. That my friend makes you productive and definitely not bored.

Pontios
09-19-2013, 12:29 AM
I just blast some nice music, or go out and have a nice walk in the park or something to lift my spirit up.

Loki
09-19-2013, 12:37 AM
http://www.theapricity.com/forum/arcade.php

larali
09-19-2013, 12:45 AM
Get drunk and clean the house. Or else take up cross stitching. ;)

Loki
09-19-2013, 01:23 AM
Get a fuck buddy.