PDA

View Full Version : Is that cat dead?

Jedthehumanoid
06-30-2012, 07:03 PM
There's a poison garden at Harry Potter's castle at Alnwick, Northumberland which houses common everyday poisonous plants. One of the first guides for the garden has his own website and the section dealing with the list of plants is here.

http://www.thepoisongarden.co.uk/atoz.htm

Click on the plant name for the folklore and gory details.

Example: Angel's trumpet

Incidents
Its hallucinogenic properties have led to young people experimenting with it. During the 1990s, there were two cases of drowning where, it is believed, young people experimenting with the plant on beaches fell asleep below the high water mark and drowned when the tide came in.

The 2010 American Association of Poison Control Centers (AAPCC) annual report shows one death due to misuse of angel's trumpet

Fortis in Arduis
07-01-2012, 01:35 AM
Thorn apple or Datura has also been used as a truth drug.

Jedthehumanoid
07-01-2012, 07:56 AM
Thorn apple or Datura has also been used as a truth drug.

Presumably something to do with the cyanide content of apple pips.

It was interesting on the guided talk to hear that laurel leaves also contain cyanide. There were cases where people had cut their hedges back and loaded bags of leaves into cars and at a later time set out to dispose of them with cyanide fumes filling their cars.

Mistic
07-01-2012, 10:44 AM
Narcisssus or Daffodil

"The whole plant is poisonous but especially the bulbs. It contains two alkaloids, narcissine (lycorine) and galantamine as well as the glycoside scillaine (scillitoxin)."

If you eat it you feel very sick and have stomach pains. You'll need to be treated at hospital.

Heart of Oak
07-01-2012, 11:37 AM
Thorn apples or rather( thier seeds.)
Have a very strong effect, upon the mind, with the right dose, too much an you may be attending a funeral, so be very carfull, I just am forgetting the foul stuff I can remember the tasteless ourder colour water like horrible feeling, like someone's own weight laying.
On top of yourself making a defensive fort around yours or even worse,

Heart of Oak
07-07-2012, 09:42 AM
I'm sorry to have to tell you but yes The Cat is Dead! I'm sorry to be the one to tell you.
It has been to the Taxidermist so he'll always be around.....

Jedthehumanoid
07-07-2012, 02:26 PM
I'm sorry to have to tell you but yes The Cat is Dead! I'm sorry to be the one to tell you.
It has been to the Taxidermist so he'll always be around.....

Which particular extract are you under the influence of.......or is it back to the Pussers rum? :D

Frigga
07-07-2012, 03:57 PM
Poison hemlock is a nasty poisonous plant....

Heart of Oak
07-12-2012, 11:30 AM
Which particular extract are you under the influence of.......or is it back to the Pussers rum? :D

flyagaric, skin soaked in milk...

Jedthehumanoid
07-13-2012, 07:56 PM
flyagaric, skin soaked in milk...

Magic:D