PDA

View Full Version : How does Bulgarian sound to you?

Archduke
07-03-2012, 10:57 PM
v8uQazn212Q

_7CsE2q_OCg

3e7oQK06s7M

xOGsfG0jiBU

dralos
07-03-2012, 11:00 PM
it sounds like ancient macedonian

Bucovina
07-03-2012, 11:34 PM
Sounds a little strange, greekish maybe? Anyway, I prefer Russian and Ukrainian.

Archduke
07-03-2012, 11:42 PM
Sounds a little strange, greekish maybe? Anyway, I prefer Russian and Ukrainian.

Nobody asks you what you prefer. :D

Bucovina
07-03-2012, 11:46 PM
Nobody asks you what you prefer. :D

I only said that I like the way Russian and Ukrainian sound more than I like the way Bulgarian does. I understood you asked us to also give a personal opinion ("How does Bulgarian sound to you?") and I did. Sorry if I in any way offended you.

exceeder
07-06-2012, 05:02 AM
Sounds like a kind of 'exotic' Russian. At least thats probably what people here would think of it.

Methmatician
07-06-2012, 06:13 AM
Sounds like a mix of Serbo-Croatian and Ukrainian, and sped-up.

Lithium
07-06-2012, 07:39 AM
Sorry for the offtopic but I want to coloborate that actually the Bulgarian influenced the Russian language, not the other way around :D
I think that Bulgarian sounds closest to East Slavic languages from the other South Slavic languages.

Mordid
07-06-2012, 08:49 AM
Sound like Serb trying to speak Russian

Willem
07-06-2012, 08:50 AM
Sounds 'Slavic' to me.

Archduke
07-06-2012, 11:37 AM
Sound like Serb trying to speak Russian

ahhahaha :D

dralos
07-06-2012, 11:38 AM
tatar-mongoloid with influences from caucasian albanian

Linet
07-06-2012, 11:40 AM
Slavic :lightbul: ...i wouldnt know if its Slovakian or Serbian or Croatian etc...i would just know is something like that :chin:

Siginulfo
07-06-2012, 11:45 AM
Sounds like Ukrainian to me.

kvarc
07-06-2012, 07:06 PM
the official Bulgarian sounds very foreign to us Serbs, but western Bulgarian dialects ( what`s left of them ) are very mutually understandable with Serbian and sound very "domestic" to us

rashka
07-06-2012, 07:17 PM

I think Serbian is faster.

Example of Serbian weather forecast. (the ending is hilarious)
UiVCRy9Nm0k

morski
07-06-2012, 07:27 PM
the official Bulgarian sounds very foreign to us Serbs, but western Bulgarian dialects ( what`s left of them ) are very mutually understandable with Serbian and sound very "domestic" to us

Western Bulgarian dialects sound domestic to you, because you took over Pomoravie which is where the Western-most Bulgarian dialects are spoken.:rolleyes:

Plus you tried your best for 100 eyars to assimilate Macedonia as well.

Rereg
07-06-2012, 07:41 PM
Unintelligible, just like other south-slavic languages.

Frigga
07-06-2012, 07:42 PM
To my American ears it just sounds like Russian.....

:embarrassed

kvarc
07-06-2012, 08:33 PM
Western Bulgarian dialects sound domestic to you, because you took over Pomoravie which is where the Western-most Bulgarian dialects are spoken.

Plus you tried your best for 100 eyars to assimilate Macedonia as well. don`t you get bored with this cheap nationalistic propaganda?

morski
07-06-2012, 08:35 PM
don`t you get bored with this cheap nationalistic propaganda?

That's history. Look at your school books for propaganda.

kvarc
07-06-2012, 08:58 PM
That's history. Look at your school books for propaganda.
__________________ yes it`s history, but a propaganda history, made up during the reign of a Bulgarian German dynasty with imperialistic aspirations over Balkans, and it was made up pretty poorly, with poor argumentation

morski
07-06-2012, 09:08 PM
yes it`s history, but a propaganda history, made up during the reign of a Bulgarian German dynasty with imperialistic aspirations over Balkans, and it was made up pretty poorly, with poor argumentation

That's bullshit and you know it. I'm really tired of Serb impudence.Shame on you for taking over Macedonia when your early intelectuals unanimously agreed on its Bulgarian character. You are the ones who ignore the fact that Pomoravie voted to get in the Bulgarian Exarchate; that Torlak dialects are analytical like Bulgarian and not syntetic like Serbian. You get thought from an early age that Bulgarians are Turko-Tatars and back-stabbers, while it was you who stabbed us in the back in 1885 when we were most vulnerable. You are such a delusional thick-skinned nation, it's just unreal.

That's my last response to you, mate: Get the hell off planet Serbia (do Tokija) and get back on planet Earth, ok?

kvarc
07-06-2012, 09:20 PM
And western Bulgaria speaks "ekavica" with bunch off Serbian words, does that mean they are Serbian? If we go by you logic the answer is "yes"

"voted" yes Turkish Empire was well famed for democracy and free vote, and even with Turkish support, Bulgarian Exarchate lost in north Macedonia, kosovo and south Serbia, not too mention that Serbs had to chose, in many areas, beatween Bulgarian Exarchate and Greek fanariots.

And as for Macedonia, we liberated it,that`s very clear, and you could have drawn a line beatween the more Serbian and more Bulgarian part of it, and some off the more Bulgarian part became part of Serbian,mostly as a war reparation from Bulgaria, and after Bulgarian back-stabing in the Balkan and the first world war, I really don`t give a damn.

morski
07-06-2012, 09:51 PM
Several last notes:

And western Bulgaria speaks "ekavica" with bunch off Serbian words, does that mean they are Serbian? If we go by you logic the answer is "yes"

The grammar is unmistakably Bulgarian. Several lexical relics doesn't determine the foreign nature of an easily observable part of the Analytical Balkano-Slavic (aka Bulgarian) dialect continuum.

"voted" yes Turkish Empire was well famed for democracy and free vote, and even with Turkish support, Bulgarian Exarchate lost in north Macedonia, kosovo and south Serbia, not too mention that Serbs had to chose, in many areas, beatween Bulgarian Exarchate and Greek fanariots.

Yes, voted. Tell me something! Why, since they were supposedly Serb, would the Pomoravian Torlaks not petition the Sultan to extend over them the clerical autority of the state church of the Serbian principality, but instead join the rest of the Bulgarians in their struggle against the Constantinopolitan Fanariots?

Bulgaria lost Pomoravie, Kosovo and Northern Macedonia(and as a consequence the whole of the Vardar region) chiefly because:

1. Serbia was blocked by Austro-Hungary in expanding Westwards and Northwars into its rightful ethnic lands.

2. Serbia gained early a foothold in the Sanjak of Niš after the Russo-Turkish war of 1877–1878 and henceforth commenced very aggressive assimilatory policies, which spilled into Kosovo and Macedonia.

3. The inadequate policies of Russia regarding arbitrating the consequent conflicts between both principalities.

And as for Macedonia, we liberated it,that`s very clear, and you could have drawn a line beatween the more Serbian and more Bulgarian part of it, and some off the more Bulgarian part became part of Serbian,mostly as a war reparation from Bulgaria, and after Bulgarian back-stabing in the Balkan and the first world war, I really don`t give a damn.

I have to agree to the Bulgarian stubborness when it came to making concessions when it was plausible and possible.

Again. To call Bulgarians back-stabbers is an utter act of hypocricy considering 1885.

morski
07-06-2012, 10:19 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/3e/PirotskaBGgimnazija.JPG

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/9b/Appeal-from-Pirot-citizens-to-Dondukov-Korsakov-27may1878.jpg

The Appeal of the Pirot citizenry to count Dondukov Korsakov from 1878, which demanded for Pirot to be incorporated into Bulgaria, not Serbia.

Some more on the Torlaks (http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42261)

kvarc
07-07-2012, 02:50 AM
that`s absolutely not true, Bulgarian egzerhat lost in north macedonia, kosovo, metohija, nobody wanted to vote for it there, you can check the Turskish sources for it as I did.
Bulgarians in Kosovo, you actually believe in that? hahaha that`s science fiction material.

Yes there were people who felt as Bulgarians in Pirot ( only in Pirot ) and they left for Bulgaria mostly after the liberation. But why don`t you put letter to great powers from 1878 the people of Kyustendil, for instance, who said they are not Bulgarians and that they want to be part of Serbia.

Not a single respectable linguist calls serbian south dialects part of Bulgarian, even the Bulgarian scientince don`t call it that anymore,for instance they call some of the western Bulgarian dialects, transitional dialects with Serbian. It`s been proven allready that serbian southern dialects, or "prizrensko-timocki dijalekt" as it is called, had been developed from "stokavica". And we actually have lot`s od dialects that don`t use casses, or have only few of them.

Serbian backstabing killed 700 Bulgarians, and the whole nation was against it, and Bulgarian back stab killed 100 000 at least of Serbs, and had a nation wide support

is this Bulgarian?

"
АНТОЛОГИЈА СРПСКЕ КЊИЖЕВНОСТИКОШТАНА
(одлучно,зловољно):
Нећу! Зашта, куда да бежим?СТОЈАН
(посрћек њој ивади нож):
Зар ме ти не волиш?КОШТАНА
(уплашена, моли):
Не, Стојане! Не убиј ме! Љубим те и молим! Немој! Болнасам! Не смем! Не могу!
(Крши руке.)
Ох, шта ја могу?
(Зловољно):
Ја, Циганка! У Бању, у село, тамо је моје! Тамо, на мокру земљу, на голи камен да седим, да се сушим,да гинем, венем!... А код тебе! Нећу, не смем...СТОЈАН
(занесено, испрекидано):...
»На голи камен,... да седи, вене, гине... Не сме...Неће... Не може«...КОШТАНА Нећу! Не могу! Код тебе! Зар само код тебе? и само хаџију, оца твога и мајку твоју да дворим и да служим? Да пред њима клечим и ноге да им перем? Из собе да неизиђем, већ само да седим, ћутим, трпим?
(Изван себе.)
Ох! А кад ноћ падне, месечинадође, сан не хвата, око се рашири, снага разигра... шта онда?... Зар да се не мрднем, изсобе не изиђем, већ само ту да седим, ћутим, гледам у месечину... А ноћ дубока,месечина иде, греје, удара у чело, главу пали... Шта онда?
(Одлучно):
Ох, нећу! Убијме! Нећу! Ево, убиј!СТОЈАН
(одбија је руком):
А не!
(Посрће, хвата се за чело.)
Их! А ја њу толико волео! имајку, оца, кућу бацио, само њу гледао, на њу мислио!... А она!
(Сломљено виче Марку):
Марко! Иди и обрадуј мајку и кажи јој:
беше моје! (Коштани):
А ти? Кажими, да ли си ме бар кадгод волела, те да знам зашто ћу да венем?
Ларма,свирка сватовца јача. Чујесе крцкање кола, батногу.
СТОЈАН
(нагиње се надКоштаном):
Кажи ми!КОШТАНА
(бесно):
Нисам! Никога нисам волела! И никад нећу да волим!"

arcticwolf
07-07-2012, 03:02 AM
I understood more than I expected. But it's different from the two Slavic languages I understand the best Polish and Russian.

morski
07-07-2012, 09:23 AM
that`s absolutely not true, Bulgarian egzerhat lost in north macedonia, kosovo, metohija, nobody wanted to vote for it there, you can check the Turskish sources for it as I did.
Bulgarians in Kosovo, you actually believe in that? hahaha that`s science fiction material.

Yes there were people who felt as Bulgarians in Pirot ( only in Pirot ) and they left for Bulgaria mostly after the liberation. But why don`t you put letter to great powers from 1878 the people of Kyustendil, for instance, who said they are not Bulgarians and that they want to be part of Serbia.

Not a single respectable linguist calls serbian south dialects part of Bulgarian, even the Bulgarian scientince don`t call it that anymore,for instance they call some of the western Bulgarian dialects, transitional dialects with Serbian. It`s been proven allready that serbian southern dialects, or "prizrensko-timocki dijalekt" as it is called, had been developed from "stokavica". And we actually have lot`s od dialects that don`t use casses, or have only few of them.

Serbian backstabing killed 700 Bulgarians, and the whole nation was against it, and Bulgarian back stab killed 100 000 at least of Serbs, and had a nation wide support

is this Bulgarian?

"
АНТОЛОГИЈА СРПСКЕ КЊИЖЕВНОСТИКОШТАНА
(одлучно,зловољно):
Нећу! Зашта, куда да бежим?СТОЈАН
(посрћек њој ивади нож):
Зар ме ти не волиш?КОШТАНА
(уплашена, моли):
Не, Стојане! Не убиј ме! Љубим те и молим! Немој! Болнасам! Не смем! Не могу!
(Крши руке.)
Ох, шта ја могу?
(Зловољно):
Ја, Циганка! У Бању, у село, тамо је моје! Тамо, на мокру земљу, на голи камен да седим, да се сушим,да гинем, венем!... А код тебе! Нећу, не смем...СТОЈАН
(занесено, испрекидано):...
»На голи камен,... да седи, вене, гине... Не сме...Неће... Не може«...КОШТАНА Нећу! Не могу! Код тебе! Зар само код тебе? и само хаџију, оца твога и мајку твоју да дворим и да служим? Да пред њима клечим и ноге да им перем? Из собе да неизиђем, већ само да седим, ћутим, трпим?
(Изван себе.)
Ох! А кад ноћ падне, месечинадође, сан не хвата, око се рашири, снага разигра... шта онда?... Зар да се не мрднем, изсобе не изиђем, већ само ту да седим, ћутим, гледам у месечину... А ноћ дубока,месечина иде, греје, удара у чело, главу пали... Шта онда?
(Одлучно):
Ох, нећу! Убијме! Нећу! Ево, убиј!СТОЈАН
(одбија је руком):
А не!
(Посрће, хвата се за чело.)
Их! А ја њу толико волео! имајку, оца, кућу бацио, само њу гледао, на њу мислио!... А она!
(Сломљено виче Марку):
Марко! Иди и обрадуј мајку и кажи јој:
беше моје! (Коштани):
А ти? Кажими, да ли си ме бар кадгод волела, те да знам зашто ћу да венем?
Ларма,свирка сватовца јача. Чујесе крцкање кола, батногу.
СТОЈАН
(нагиње се надКоштаном):
Кажи ми!КОШТАНА
(бесно):
Нисам! Никога нисам волела! И никад нећу да волим!"

Well, show this letter to us. Never heard of it.

Yes, that text is more Bulgarian than Serb even though it was probably written down some time after Pomoravie was already Serbian and some convergence with standard Serbian has occured.

What did the Exarchate lose, what Turkish sources, what five Euro???

http://www.macedoniainfo.com/macedonia/BULGARIAN-EXARCHATE.jpg

kvarc
07-07-2012, 11:32 AM
I don`t have time for it, find the turkish census, Bulgarian Egzerhat was forced on a lot of people, not to mention that they often had to chose between Greeks and Bulgarians, Turks preferred Bulgarian egzerhat over rebellious Serbian Church because they established it, Sultan personaly sign the document.

That is an authentic language from Vranje, don`t trust everything you hear.

And as for the petition, there were petitions in western Bulgaria including in parts that were not held by Serbian army, but you`ll have too find it for yourself, do your own homework

Lena
07-07-2012, 11:44 AM
I understand ~95% of it and it sounds alright for the most part, just dislike it when they speak really fast 'cause it sounds a bit harsh to my ears.

Ushtari
07-07-2012, 11:49 AM
sounds russian

memobekes
07-07-2012, 12:03 PM
Despite being classified as a Southern Slavonic language along with Serbo-Croatian and Slovenian, Bulgarian sounds totally distinct from both and closer to Russian when listening.

Unlike Serbo-Croatian, Bulgarian sounds harsh and I don't believe there's any "mutual intelligibility" between these languages, specially if spoken in standard variants.

Mordid
07-07-2012, 12:25 PM
all slavic languages sound fucking cool

Archduke
07-07-2012, 12:35 PM
Despite being classified as a Southern Slavonic language along with Serbo-Croatian and Slovenian, Bulgarian sounds totally distinct from both and closer to Russian when listening.

Unlike Serbo-Croatian, Bulgarian sounds harsh and I don't believe there's any "mutual intelligibility" between these languages, specially if spoken in standard variants.

I think that only the accent is kinda russian, we have much more common words with serbo-croatian and slovenian and i can understand both languages better than russian.

kvarc
07-07-2012, 12:55 PM
Unlike Serbo-Croatian, Bulgarian sounds harsh and I don't believe there's any "mutual intelligibility" between these languages, specially if spoken in standard variants. there is a certain degree of mutual intelligibility, but they are still quite different

kvarc
07-07-2012, 12:56 PM
I think that only the accent is kinda russian, we have much more common words with serbo-croatian and slovenian and i can understand both languages better than russian. There is a story over here that Bulgarians understand us better then we do them, don`t know if it`s true

Pecheneg
07-07-2012, 02:02 PM
i found this
http://robertlindsay.wordpress.com/2010/11/06/mutual-intelligibility-of-languages-in-the-slavic-family/
is it true?

Intelligibility of Languages in the Slavic Family

Languages = Intelligibility

Serbo - Croatian - Bosnian = very much mutually intelligible.
Bulgarian - Macedonian = 85% intelligibility
Slovenian - Serbo/Croatian = 30% intelligibility
Serbo/Croatian - Bulgarian = 10% intelligibility
Serbo/Croatian - Macedonian = 25% intelligibility
Serbo/Croatian - Slovak = 30% intelligibility
Czech - Serbo/Croatian = incomprehensible
Polish - Serbo/Croatian = incomprehensible
Serbo/Croatian - Russian = 5% intelligibility
Czech - Polish = 40% intelligibility
Ukrainian - Russian = less than 40% intelligibility
Czech - Slovak = 80-90% intelligibility
Russian - Bulgarian = 5% intelligibility

Linet
07-07-2012, 02:07 PM
I disagree with you bunny :bunny000:....
The singers from fyrom make career to Serbia because the language is the same...its like different dialects... the same goes with the Bulgarian as well....
...Its teh same like Cypriots tha make career to Greece....
Or England and USA and Australia...they all speak english....:grouphug: ...the only difference is that they dont try to deny it by inventing the Australian and American language...

Midori
07-07-2012, 02:16 PM
i found this
http://robertlindsay.wordpress.com/2010/11/06/mutual-intelligibility-of-languages-in-the-slavic-family/
is it true?

Bollocks

Pecheneg
07-07-2012, 02:31 PM
I disagree with you bunny :bunny000:....
The singers from fyrom make career to Serbia because the language is the same...its like different dialects... the same goes with the Bulgarian as well....
...Its teh same like Cypriots tha make career to Greece....
Or England and USA and Australia...they all speak english....:grouphug: ...the only difference is that they dont try to deny it by inventing the Australian and American language...

lol, this is not my opinion, i've no idea about slavic languages and their mutual intelligibility, i just searched it and found this one. it's probably wrong like 99% of the internet stuff.

btw Bulgarian sound typical slavic language to me.

kvarc
07-07-2012, 02:49 PM
i found this
is it true?

intelligibility between Serbian and Macedonian is much higher than 25%, and I`am almost certain it`s higher that 10% between Serbian and Bulgarian

Archduke
07-07-2012, 04:41 PM
Bollocks

Macedonians understand Serbs 100%, right? :D

Minesweeper
07-07-2012, 04:46 PM

90%+ exactly. Bulgarians, about 80% I'd say.

For me, it's very easy to communicate with both, only some word could make a problem. And of course, the slang.

Midori
07-07-2012, 04:56 PM

Yes, we do.

kvarc
07-07-2012, 05:24 PM
90%+ exactly. Bulgarians, about 80% I'd say.

For me, it's very easy to communicate with both, only some word could make a problem. And of course, the slang.

I don`t understand Bulgarian that well honesty, except if it`s from western Bulgaria

rashka
07-07-2012, 06:10 PM
I don`t understand Bulgarian that well honesty, except if it`s from western Bulgaria

I hardly understand them either. I can pick out words here and there but that is not what I call a conversation. That is why I don't understand why some Serbs say they can communicate with them,(that is if they don't know any Bulgarian).

rashka
07-07-2012, 06:52 PM
Plus you tried your best for 100 eyars to assimilate Macedonia as well. http://www.iconeasy.com/icon/thumbnails/System/Aesthetica%202/Down%20Icon.jpg

The singers from fyrom make career to Serbia because the language is the same...its like different dialects..

Macedonian singers like Tose Proeski choose Serbia to further their career, as did many other singers from around ex-Yugoslavia. There was a culture connection. Bulgarians also like to listen to Serbian music. I think they understand some Serbian.

Sultan Suleiman
07-07-2012, 07:03 PM
This perversion of Bosnian must be destroyed... KILLED WITH FIRE!!!!

Archduke
07-07-2012, 07:21 PM

yeah it's like western bulgarians speak different language from eastern bulgarians...bitch please. ;)

The speech in Western Bulgaria is not different from the speech in Eastern Bulgaria. The main difference is that the verbs from I and II conjugation are formed with the ending "-me" (examples: ядеме, говориме instead of ядем, говорим).

safinator
07-07-2012, 07:25 PM
Sounds old Slavic

Archduke
07-07-2012, 07:25 PM
I hardly understand them either. I can pick out words here and there but that is not what I call a conversation. That is why I don't understand why some Serbs say they can communicate with them,(that is if they don't know any Bulgarian).

they were probably serbs from eastern serbia.

kvarc
07-07-2012, 07:40 PM
yeah it's like western bulgarians speak different language from eastern bulgarians...bitch please. ;)

The speech in Western Bulgaria is not different from the speech in Eastern Bulgaria. The main difference is that the verbs from I and II conjugation are formed with the ending "-me" (examples: ядеме, говориме instead of ядем, говорим).

in villages in western Bulgaria you can still hear "ekavica" wich makes it much more understandable for a Serb, for instance they say "meko, hleb" like Serbs, not "мляко (mlyàko), хляб (hlyab)" like the eastern Bulgarian dialects. Even bulgarian linguistes call some of those dialects transitional with Serbian, so of course I will understand them better.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transitional_Bulgarian_dialects

especialy this dialect, I understand it speakers completely

Archduke
07-07-2012, 07:51 PM
in villages in western Bulgaria you can still hear "ekavica" wich makes it much more understandable for a Serb, for instance they say "meko, hleb" like Serbs, not "мляко (mlyàko), хляб (hlyab)" like the eastern Bulgarian dialects. Even bulgarian linguistes call some of those dialects transitional with Serbian, so of course I will understand them better.

My grandmother is from Eastern Thrace and she also say mleko and hleb and that doesn't mean that Serbs are going to understand her better or that the dialects in Eastern Thrace are similar to Serbian.

Mleko and hleb and mlyako and hlyab are both same words, i don't see what is so difficult for Serbs to understand a same word with only one different letter on it.

kvarc
07-07-2012, 07:53 PM
My grandmother is from Eastern Thrace and she also say mleko and hleb and that doesn't mean that Serbs are going to understand her better or that the dialects in Eastern Thrace are similar to Serbian.

Mleko and hleb and mlyako and hlyab are both same words, i don't see what is so difficult for Serbs to understand a same word with only one different letter on it. in live communications it is one of the factors that certainly make a diference

Archduke
07-07-2012, 08:05 PM
in live communications it is one of the factors that certainly make a diference

Most probably. But i believe that the dialect norms for the Western Bulgarian, described in Wikipedia apply only for uber villagers and old people. After all,the young Bulgarians learn in school Bulgarian literary language, which is from Central Bulgaria (Trnovo area), which is more similar with Eastern speech. I don't think that they learn random western dialects.

Legion
07-07-2012, 08:10 PM
Sounds like fast Russian with stronger R's

kvarc
07-07-2012, 08:20 PM
i mostly based my position on the language spoken by Bulgarians in Serbia, between them of course, which belongs to this transitional group and is very understandble by Serbs, but there is also an article of a Bulgarian linguist who said that Bulgarian is becoming more like Serbian because of the input from Bulgarian western dialects, via Sofia I guess. I`am sorry i cannot find it wright now.

Archduke
07-07-2012, 08:27 PM
i mostly based my position on the language spoken by Bulgarians in Serbia, between them of course, which belongs to this transitional group and is very understandble by Serbs, but there is also an article of a Bulgarian linguist who said that Bulgarian is becoming more like Serbian because of the input from Bulgarian western dialects, via Sofia I guess. I`am sorry i cannot find it wright now.

The Western outlands were in Serbia 93 years, so it's normal for you to understand it easier. The situation was the same with the Macedonian language. Macedonia was in Serbia and Yugoslavia since 1912, so it was influenced by the Serbo-Croatian language, so that's why you understand it better.

The Bulgarian langauge is becoming more Eastern, no way it's becoming like Serbian. Sofia can't have many influences on the language, cuz 2/3 of the citizen are people from all over Bulgaria, the native population of Sofia is 50 000 i believe.

morski
07-07-2012, 08:45 PM

There's the Yat border in Bulgarian dialects. The whole Ekavian area is Bulgarian apriori.

http://www.promacedonia.com/en/gphillip/ia/ia_map_bg_dialects.jpg

kvarc
07-07-2012, 08:57 PM
The Western outlands were in Serbia 93 years, so it's normal for you to understand it easier. The situation was the same with the Macedonian language. Macedonia was in Serbia and Yugoslavia since 1912, so it was influenced by the Serbo-Croatian language, so that's why you understand it better.

The Bulgarian langauge is becoming more Eastern, no way it's becoming like Serbian. Sofia can't have many influences on the language, cuz 2/3 of the citizen are people from all over Bulgaria, the native population of Sofia is 50 000 i believe.

I don`t know is it via Sofia it`s my guess, the article was printed in some Bulgarian newspaper published in English. It`s the same with Belegrade everybody who comes there speaks "belegrads language" :), no metter were are they from , it`s the thing with capital cites :D

Bosilegrad and Dimotrovgrad are here long, but Bulgarians over there speak Bulgarian which is part of the same dialects as spoken in Bulgaria, across the border. And for Macedonia, things are different as 100 years ago, but not that much necceserly different, for instance north Macedonian dialects still sound very Serbian,lots linguist consider them Serbian, and for instace eastern dialects of Macedonia still sound very Bulgarian, as they did before

Midori
07-07-2012, 09:05 PM
and for instace eastern dialects of Macedonia still sound very Bulgarian

They are weirdos, the real Macedonian is the one spoken in Skopje

Archduke
07-07-2012, 09:08 PM
I don`t know is it via Sofia it`s my guess, the article was printed in some Bulgarian newspaper published in English. It`s the same with Belegrade everybody who comes there speaks "belegrads language" :), no metter were are they from , it`s the thing with capital cites :D

Bosilegrad and Dimotrovgrad are here long, but Bulgarians over there speak Bulgarian which is part of the same dialects as spoken in Bulgaria, across the border. And for Macedonia, things are different as 100 years ago, but not that much necceserly different, for instance north Macedonian dialects still sound very Serbian,lots linguist consider them Serbian, and for instace eastern dialects of Macedonia still sound very Bulgarian, as they did before

Bulgarians in Bosilegrad and Tsaribrod (Dimitrovgrad) don't speak clear Bulgarian, like they did before 93 years, unfortunately.
Before i was registered in the official forum of Bosilegrad.
God, they say to Bulgaria Bugarska!!! :( Also young Bulgarians there learn Bulgarian only in 1-4th grade for 3-4 hours in week. :)

Before 120 years there was no Serb majority in Eastern Serbia, what remains for Northern Macedonia? :wink

memobekes
07-07-2012, 09:10 PM
..we have much more common words with serbo-croatian and slovenian
And I wouldn't expect it to be any different. They are Southern Slavonic languages and share a hefty amount of common words in their lexicons, respectively.

But morphologically and phonetically, Bulgarian sounds distinct from Serbo-Croatian. I believe we can agree on this.

kvarc
07-07-2012, 09:13 PM
Bulgarians in Bosilegrad and Tsaribrod (Dimitrovgrad) don't speak clear Bulgarian, like they did before 93 years, unfortunately.
Before i was registered in the official forum of Bosilegrad.
God, they say to Bulgaria Bugarska!!! :( Also young Bulgarians there learn Bulgarian only in 1-4th grade for 3-4 hours in week. :)

Before 120 years there was no Serb majority in Eastern Serbia, what remains for Northern Macedonia? :wink

yes there were, both in Eastern Serbia and Northern Macedonia, Even today there are lot`s of Serbs in Northern Macedonia, well at least those who escaped assimilation

kvarc
07-07-2012, 09:13 PM
Bulgarians in Bosilegrad and Tsaribrod (Dimitrovgrad) don't speak clear Bulgarian, like they did before 93 years, unfortunately. they never spoke it, they were always transitional dialects

Archduke
07-07-2012, 09:23 PM
yes there were, both in Eastern Serbia and Northern Macedonia, Even today there are lot`s of Serbs in Northern Macedonia, well at least those who escaped assimilation

These Serbs in Northern Macedonia are not the native population and are relatively new. They came there in yugo era mainly in the capital Skopje. It will sound rude, but there are many assimilated Bulgarians in Eastern Serbia. Look at these maps, you can clearly see that the territories i mentioned were pred. non-serbian.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c6/Ethnic_map_of_Balkans_-_german_1882.jpg

http://arcsofia.org/assets/uploads/event/39/Ernst-Ravenstein-Balkans-Ethnic-Map-1880_inline.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/4/42/Dr_map_27.jpg/636px-Dr_map_27.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/11/Ethnographic_map_Ami_Boue_1847.jpg

As you can see all these maps are from foreign authors

Archduke
07-07-2012, 09:24 PM
they never spoke it, they were always transitional dialects

Maybe you are right, but they never called България Bugarska.

Gospodine
07-07-2012, 09:28 PM
One of my uncles, who's half-Serb and comes from Pirot (right on the Bulgarian border), met a family friend of ours who is Bulgarian.

They managed to understand each other just fine.

rashka
07-07-2012, 09:30 PM
But morphologically and phonetically, Bulgarian sounds distinct from Serbo-Croatian.

Yes. Morphologically and phonetically they are different. Phonologically they are similar. :)

kvarc
07-07-2012, 09:37 PM
And I can find you the same number of foreign maps that say otherwise, from the similar period, And i can even find maps which put Nis as Bulgarian populated and Vidin as Serbian. The interesting thing is that pro-Serbian maps are mainly French, while pro-bulgarian maps are mostly German, doesn`t that ring a bell :D

Old populations on Northern Macedonia, that`s been there for centuries declares them as Serbs,that shouldn`t be to strange consedering that in Skopska Crna Gora there are 30 monasteries build by Nemanjici that cluster together and plus there were massive migrations of population from west, even as far as from Hercegovina.

kvarc
07-07-2012, 09:38 PM
Maybe you are right, but they never called България Bugarska.
actually people from Bosilegrad are more Bulgarian that Dimitrovgrad, lot`s of people from Dimitrovgrad declare themselfs as Serbs, i suspect they have some sort of dual entity

Archduke
07-07-2012, 09:45 PM
And I can find you the same number of foreign maps that say otherwise, from the similar period, And i can even find maps which put Nis as Bulgarian populated and Vidin as Serbian. The interesting thing is that pro-Serbian maps are mainly French, while pro-bulgarian maps are mostly German, doesn`t that ring a bell :D

Old populations on Northern Macedonia, that`s been there for centuries declares them as Serbs,that shouldn`t be to strange consedering that in Skopska Crna Gora there are 30 monasteries build by Nemanjici that cluster together and plus there were massive migrations of population from west, even as far as from Hercegovina.

I would like to see these maps. Show me at least 4. :rolleyes:

Also, don't show me maps like this one:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0a/Greater_Serbia.png

:laugh:

morski
07-07-2012, 09:47 PM

There you go, the French Ami Boue, 1847:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/11/Ethnographic_map_Ami_Boue_1847.jpg

The truth is most foreign observers and the domestic public agreed on those ethnic borders prior to the Balkan wars.

----------

My bad. Seems he was German as well. :D

Lena
07-07-2012, 09:52 PM
Macedonian singers like Tose Proeski choose Serbia to further their career, as did many other singers from around ex-Yugoslavia. There was a culture connection. Bulgarians also like to listen to Serbian music. I think they understand some Serbian.

Tose Proeski and Goca Trzan in Macedonian
kttJCP7dtQg

the very same song in Serbian, for our market

G_CzJLv0qn4

and when I say one needs to speak at least two Slavic langs to comprehend most of it, I mean it. For instance, you can hear in the song above word- kukla which in Macedonian means doll, same goes for Russian, but in Serbian we say-lutka etc. etc.

Gospodine
07-07-2012, 09:55 PM

Not really. Many Macedonian singers do songs in both Serbo-Croat and Maco.

rashka
07-07-2012, 10:09 PM
and when I say one needs to speak at least two Slavic langs to comprehend most of it, I mean it. For instance, you can hear in the song above word- kukla which in Macedonian means doll, same goes for Russian, but in Serbian we say-lutka etc. etc.

I love that song. I actually prefer it in Serbian.

I thought Kukla was a Greek word because Greeks use that word to mean doll. Where did they get it from?
Macedonian/Bulgarian: kukla
Polish,Ukrainian, Belorussian: lalka
Slovenian, Serbo-Croat: lutka
Slovak: babika which sounds similar to Hungarian and Turkish. Probably coming from the word baby.
Czech: panenka
Latvian, Lithuanian: lelle
Swedish: docka
Danish: dukke

Lena
07-07-2012, 10:18 PM

I thought Kukla was a Greek word because Greeks use that word to mean doll. Where did they get it from?

Yes, in Greek it's also -koukla (dim: kouklitsa)
Serbian: lutka (dim:lutkica)

Optimus
07-07-2012, 10:19 PM
It sounds like a Turk trying to speak the eastern Macedonian dialect.

rashka
07-07-2012, 11:02 PM
Yes, in Greek it's also -koukla (dim: kouklitsa)
Serbian: lutka (dim:lutkica)

Lutka: Proto-Slavic *lǫtъka.

I think the Serbian expression Luče comes from Lutka which refers to someone as a sweet baby.

Anatolian Eagle
07-08-2012, 11:59 AM
...and when I say one needs to speak at least two Slavic langs to comprehend most of it, I mean it. For instance, you can hear in the song above word- kukla which in Macedonian means doll, same goes for Russian, but in Serbian we say-lutka etc. etc.

Is there any tie to Turkish word "kukla"? "Kukla" is the word for "puppet" in Turkish.

Damião de Góis
07-08-2012, 01:47 PM
I only saw the first video (weather girl). Sounded like russian to me, but with a slightly different accent.

07-08-2012, 07:05 PM

Macedonian/Bulgarian: kukla
Polish,Ukrainian, Belorussian: lalka
Slovenian, Serbo-Croat: lutka
Slovak: babika which sounds similar to Hungarian and Turkish. Probably coming from the word baby.
Czech: panenka
Latvian, Lithuanian: lelle
Swedish: docka
Danish: dukke

It's lėlė, not lelle.

Waidewut
07-08-2012, 07:20 PM
It's lėlė, not lelle.

Sometimes it's cool to see a Latvian word being used as the dominant one when talking about Baltic languages. :naughty2:

kvarc
07-09-2012, 01:03 PM
I would like to see these maps. Show me at least 4. :rolleyes:

Also, don't show me maps like this one:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0a/Greater_Serbia.png

:laugh:

that`s actually a France map, from the time when they wanted to make Great Serbia :) .........anyway

http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/2599/464pxbalkannations.jpg

http://img861.imageshack.us/img861/4600/europecentraleetdestats.jpg

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/7510/carteethnographiquedela.jpg

http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/6459/distributionofracesonth.png

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/2787/eurethn.gif

http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/3128/makedonienethnisch1892.jpg

http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/4562/mapeurope1914.jpg

http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/870/ratziansslavonia.jpg

http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/4198/serviae.png

http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/5705/vlkerundsprachenkartede.png

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3329/volkerundsprachenkarted.jpg

ioan assen
07-11-2012, 09:00 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jomUwgXa4ys
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NcINnQX7-s&feature=related
So?

Vojnik
07-11-2012, 09:22 AM
Most people would ignorantly say that Bulgarian and Macedonian are the same language. But to me they clearly have differences (on the South Slavic language spectrum). Although, Bulgarian is the most intelligible to Macedonians then any other South Slavic language.

ioan assen
07-11-2012, 10:34 AM
So, Vojnik - it does sound like Macodonian? I must agree about that.
However, are Macedonian and Bulgarian different languages? My answer is firmly: NO. In my oppinion Macedonian is a dialect of Bulgarian or Bulgarian is a dialect of Macedonian. Why? I understand 100 percent of Macedonian and I dont have Macedonian origin (in Bulgaria that means I dont descend from Bulgarians from the Macedonian region). Also bear in mind that the two people were living for over 100 years in a different states! The Macedonian language came under heavy Serbian influence while Bulgarian - under Russian. Yet all of the above doesnt stop us from understanding each other 100 percent.
However this doesnt mean we are not different nations TODAY, I think we are (the Macedonians devided from the Bulgarian ethnicity slowly beginning from the liberation and till mid 40ties I think it was a reversable process).

Archduke
07-11-2012, 10:53 AM
Nice maps, but most of them still don't show the Serb majority in Macedonia, Nish and Pirot, some are new maps from the 21 century, however i will accept your reply.

east
07-11-2012, 10:59 AM
SThe Macedonian language came under heavy Serbian influence while Bulgarian - under Russian.

I can't agree with this. Bulgarian language were influenced by Russian until Liberation 1878. After that it began the splitting of Bulgarian and Russian. During Ottoman rule in Bulgaria have been imported big amount of religious books from Russia, because Ottoman sultan was banned printing. After Liberation have been made couple of language reforms in result the Bulgarian language became more and more different from Russian.

Midori
07-11-2012, 11:22 AM
Although, Bulgarian is the most intelligible to Macedonians then any other South Slavic language.

Maybe to you, cause you live in Australia. Macedonians here understand Serbian better because we are much more exposed to that language.

ioan assen
07-11-2012, 11:29 AM
Maybe to you, cause you live in Australia. Macedonians here understand Serbian better because we are much more exposed to that language.

EXPOSED is the right word. Still Macedonian is much closer to Bulgarian than to Serbian.

Rereg
07-11-2012, 11:55 AM
http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/6459/distributionofracesonth.png

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/2787/eurethn.gif

http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/4562/mapeurope1914.jpg

As for Eastern Europe those maps are total crap. Please stop trolling! :mad::mad:

Vojnik
07-11-2012, 12:07 PM
I have merged ioan assens's thread to Armani's thread which are of the same topic.

Archduke
07-11-2012, 03:19 PM

That's because you live in Skopje, the srboman nest, otherwise Macedonians understand more Bulgarian than Serbian, every Macedonian i know say me that. :coffee:

Archduke
08-22-2012, 05:49 PM
bump

Dengizik
08-22-2012, 05:50 PM
sounds like eastern macedonian.

Behemot
08-22-2012, 06:07 PM
To me it sounds maybe less harsh than Bosnian and sometimes funny because there are lots of words that are the same (the same root) but sounds like when bosnian person get drunk and distort the word ....:D
And also I hear a lot of "ta"

Arbërori
08-22-2012, 06:08 PM
Unlike other Slavic languages, it sounds very rhythmic, which surprised me for the first time I listened to it. I've always had general knowledge of Bulgaria, as a neighbour to FYROM, but I was astounded at the simmilarities of the language, it can't even be compared to Kosovo-Gheg Albanian & Southern-Tosk Albanian, which are quite/very mutually intelligible!:thumb001:

It sounds sexy on women especially, kind of domina like, but not as harsh as Rusian for ex., at all.:cool:

Behemot
08-22-2012, 06:10 PM
And yes,more rhytmic for sure

Midori
08-22-2012, 06:11 PM
sounds like eastern macedonian.

Yeah I can agree with this. It doesn't sound like the ubermensch Skopjan language though :D

morski
08-22-2012, 06:13 PM
Усмивката и косата на босненката ми скриха топката.:p

Archduke
08-22-2012, 06:15 PM
Yeah I can agree with this. It doesn't sound like the ubermensch Skopjan language though :D

I don't think that Macedonians which live in the Serboman nest called Skopje speak much different from Eastern Macedonians. :coffee:

morski
08-22-2012, 06:16 PM
I don't think that Macedonians which live in the Serboman nest called Skopje speak that different from Eastern Macedonians. :coffee:

Ma nemoj da se kurcis, bre, covece!

Behemot
08-22-2012, 06:24 PM
Усмивката и косата на босненката ми скриха топката.:p
прекрасен пример :p

Midori
08-22-2012, 06:25 PM
I don't think that Macedonians which live in the Serboman nest called Skopje speak much different from Eastern Macedonians. :coffee:

We do, we do..

Sometimes we even call them Bulgarians cause they speak weird :D

morski
08-22-2012, 06:30 PM
We do, we do..

Sometimes we even call them Bulgarians cause they speak weird :D

Простотлук и необразованост во речникот за „Скопје 2014“

Ниту првиот работен ден на парламентарците, по тринеделниот одмор, не можеше да мине во релаксирана атмосфера. Финишот на маратонската расправа за „Скопје 2014’ се вжешти кога Силвана Бонева ги нарече необразовани кадрите на СДСМ, со кои од пред еден месец има нерасчистени сметки, бидејќи и' се смееја што го користи зборот „чужди“ (туѓи).

„Вие зборувате за идентитет, за јазик, а се смеете на јазикот со кој зборувале нашите предци, на кој пишувале Мисирков, Жинзифов, Миладинови... Тоа зборува колку сте необразовани“, реплицираше Бонева на говорот на професорката Ана Павловска Данева. Освен тоа, ја праша Данева зошто се срами од тоа што нејзиниот дедо се борел рамо до рамо со Тодор Александров.

„Вашиот простотилук доаѓа до израз секогаш кога немате факти. Студент на ваши години да зборува за необразованост“, реагираше пратеничката на СДСМ и поентираше дека од говорница се зборува на литератутен јазик, а тој на Бонева, според неа, е ужасно лош.

http://www.utrinski.com.mk/?ItemID=2C847C794C8C8B42BDA4D6B27B3A8BA2

Sometimes I have the feeling that the only person who was able to speak perfect literary Macedonian was no other than Mr. Lazhe Koneski.:D

rashka
08-23-2012, 05:31 AM
It sounds like the equivalent of a vulgar latin language hence a vulgar slavic language.

Crn Volk
08-24-2012, 12:09 AM
I find it hard to understand Bulgarian. It sounds Slavic, but with too many Tatarisms....

dralos
08-24-2012, 12:13 AM
I find it hard to understand Bulgarian. It sounds Slavic, but with too many Tatarisms....
so this is how you think about your own language:D

Crn Volk
08-24-2012, 12:24 AM
so this is how you think about your own language:D

My language is Macedonian

slap86
08-24-2012, 12:27 AM

Isnt this language 20 years old? :D

Crn Volk
08-24-2012, 12:31 AM
Isnt this language 20 years old? :D

Codified 1945...20 years?? Buy a calculator

slap86
08-24-2012, 12:36 AM

And before 1945? You communicated with hands?

Crn Volk
08-24-2012, 12:38 AM
And before 1945? You communicated with hands?

Serbian was the official language then. That was what was taught in schools, and church services were held in Serbian.

Lithium
08-24-2012, 06:53 AM
Serbian was the official language then. That was what was taught in schools, and church services were held in Serbian.
Oh, that makes you just too Slavic for us short tatars :D

Slavo
08-25-2012, 01:26 AM
Sounds like my mom-..great

poiuytrewq0987
08-25-2012, 01:56 AM

Codified by a bunch of Stalinist communists with an agenda. Hardly a natural language. :bored: Macedonian language is about as real as Moldovan language.

It was not until the second half of the 1940s, when the Yugoslav leader Josip Broz Tito established the Socialist Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia - thereby elevating the Macedonian people to the status of nation - that it seemed as if the Macedonian Question had been resolved. Under the leadership of Tito, and with the blessing of Joseph Stalin, the Yugoslav political elite aimed at solving the national problems ‘under the slogan of “Brotherhood and Unity”, and the Macedonians were recognised for the first time as a separate nation.’ (Poulton 2000: 125) Thus, Macedonia became the sixth constituent republic of the Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia. According to Bell, it was with the founding of the Yugoslav Macedonian republic that a sense of a Macedonian national identity gained strength and became systematised. Under Yugoslav rule, and mainly directed from Belgrade, a Macedonian language was codified, an autocephalous Macedonian Orthodox Church was established, and academics ‘developed a “usable past” and projected Macedonian national feeling far into history, for example by converting the medieval Bulgarian Empire of Tsar Samuil into a Macedonian one and even claiming a link to Alexander the Great.’

Archduke
10-10-2012, 07:22 PM
bump

bimo
10-13-2012, 12:13 PM

or is serbo-croatian who sound like a mix of czech and bulgarian ? :D

Archduke
01-19-2013, 06:40 PM
bump

Twistedmind
01-19-2013, 07:32 PM
It sounds Bulgarian to me.

Permafrost
01-19-2013, 08:44 PM
Sounds good.

AFAIK we have some similarities with Bulgarian, for example we write deska but like you we pronounce e as "polglasnik".

Vesuvian Sky
01-19-2013, 08:46 PM
Always felt it was closest sounding to Russian hands down. Matter of fact I studied Russian and can easily understand bits and pieces of what the news caster is saying.

kvarc
01-22-2013, 10:15 PM
Serbian poem

nJTPo8LWlPQ

Bulgarian poem

mDFkC-q9qLM

Serbian sounds more melodical, bcs of the tonality and more frequent vocals, and has a clear and precise vocalisation and pronunciation, and sort of a Latin accent, on the first syllable

Archduke
01-23-2013, 10:07 AM
^And your point is?

Alexq
01-23-2013, 11:42 PM
Bulgarian language sounds like a funny version of Macedonian language, its like the people in Texas speaking English, compare to the people in England speaking English :D

Dengizik
01-23-2013, 11:43 PM
Bulgarian language sounds like a funny version of Macedonian language, its like the people in Texas speaking English, compare to the people in England speaking English :D

xD:thumb001:

bulgarian: South Macedonian language.

Lemon Kush
01-24-2013, 09:21 AM
xD:thumb001:

bulgarian: South Macedonian language.

Actually you have it the other way around buddy. Macedonian is entirely based off of Bulgarian. :thumb001: The two languages are nearly identical. Any linguist will tell you that they are indistinguishable.

Jizo
01-27-2013, 10:59 AM
it sounds like ancient macedonian
Good to see this poster has been banned. If I am not mistaken, he is the one saying Albanians are Celtic and brothers with the Irish.How very amusing. In Bulgarian threads people can not troll and insult. :)

Jizo
01-27-2013, 11:00 AM
bump

Hmm Ashina, is the Turk from Holland, she was really normal person in the other forum, knew a lot about Genentics. here she is a troll. How do we report her? every real Bulgarian in this forum should report Ashina and Novi Pazar. This people need to go! :)

Jizo
01-27-2013, 11:01 AM

And the language of my mother is Myzian and of my father Thracian ,but some of his ancestors also spoke Macedonia. My dream is to learn Rhodopian :eek:

Alexq
01-27-2013, 12:08 PM
Im saying Bulgarian generally sounds funny and hilarious, one thing I can understand it, the other is the fact that I live in Skopje, where to us, all other dialects in Macedonia are funny, its that superior self esteem of peope here, so having conversation with bulgarians always make me smile :D

Jizo
01-27-2013, 12:11 PM
Im saying Bulgarian generally sounds funny and hilarious, one thing I can understand it, the other is the fact that I live in Skopje, where to us, all other dialects in Macedonia are funny, its that superior self esteem of peope here, so having conversation with bulgarians always make me smile :D

I am always amazed by the arrogance of the descendants of Fred Flintstone and Nefertity. :)

Archduke
01-27-2013, 12:18 PM
I am always amazed by the arrogance of the descendants of Fred Flintstone and Nefertity. :)

Calm down, you can find far more provocative posts from Macedonians here. :thumb001:

Jizo
01-27-2013, 12:24 PM
Calm down, you can find far more provocative posts from Macedonians here. :thumb001:
U r moderator I see, so I will calm down, but wondering if Novi Pazar, Ashina, all Macedonians are calming down. I do not like when my great and beloved country is being insulted. How does with works with the spreading of hate here. R these people being warned to stop? Regards :)

Trun
01-27-2013, 12:31 PM
live in Skopje, where to us, all other dialects in Macedonia are funny,

Maybe because you in Skopje don't speak what is real Macedonian dialect:

Най-важната задача при създаването на литературен език е изборът на говор, който да лежи в основата на този език. Това се отнася и за Македония т.е. нейните говори се отличават с изключителна раздробеност. Някои са склонни да дадат предпочитание на скопския народен говор /гр. Скопье, Скопле/. Против това трябва да се възрази по най-решителен начин поради следните причини:
Скопският говор е краен говор, който е изпитал дълбокото и продължително влияние на сръбския език.

http://nationalistbg.com/readarticle.php?id=1106

What you speak is some kind of distorted Serbo-Fyromian language. I perfectly understand everything students in Sofia who are from South FYROM say.

Archduke
01-27-2013, 12:36 PM
U r moderator I see, so I will calm down, but wondering if Novi Pazar, Ashina, all Macedonians are calming down. I do not like when my great and beloved country is being insulted. How does with works with the spreading of hate here. R these people being warned to stop? Regards :)

Don't worry about them, they also have limit of insulting.

If you find a post insulting, just report it.

Loki
01-27-2013, 02:31 PM
It sounds like a mix between Russian and Greek!

Jizo
01-27-2013, 03:41 PM

Not true, and insulting. We probably have more German then Greek words and we sound nothing like them.Stop insulting us. Here is for praising Bulgaria!

morski
01-27-2013, 04:11 PM
Not true, and insulting. We probably have more German then Greek words and we sound nothing like them.Stop insulting us. Here is for praising Bulgaria!

You should really calm down and stop acting like a little bitchy drama queen.;)

Jizo
01-27-2013, 04:15 PM
You should really calm down and stop acting like a little bitchy drama queen.;)

I do not have a single drop of mercy for Serbs,Turks,Gypsies,Macedonians etc. You hate Bulgaria or what?

Jackson
01-27-2013, 04:18 PM
To be honest it sounded like a mix of Russian and Greek to me too, at least that's the first thing i thought - Even though it isn't true. :P

Jizo
01-27-2013, 04:27 PM

Macedonian is Bulgarian mixed with Gypsy and Nigerian. :)

rashka
01-27-2013, 05:21 PM
Serbian sounds more melodical, bcs of the tonality and more frequent vocals, and has a clear and precise vocalisation and pronunciation, and sort of a Latin accent, on the first syllable

Do you mean Latin or Latin languages?
I am thinking that in Serbian, for example 'Idemo', the first syllable is stressed. The last syllable is never stressed. I think that in Latin that same word would be pronounced with the syllable stress on 'em'. The last syllable is also stressed in Russian.

ioan assen
01-27-2013, 05:23 PM
Russian is understandable: we have many Russian words. But what is the Greek influence? Pronounciation? Accent?

Jizo
01-27-2013, 06:07 PM
It sounds like the equivalent of a vulgar latin language hence a vulgar slavic language.

The most vulgar Slavic language is Serbian, sounds so rude, it is like Bulgarian mixed with Albanian!

kvarc
01-27-2013, 08:04 PM
The most vulgar Slavic language is Serbian, sounds so rude, it is like Bulgarian mixed with Albanian!

not according to Goethe and Grimm brothers, who called it the most melodical of all Slavic languages

shaliza
01-28-2013, 07:40 AM
I do not have a single drop of mercy for Serbs,Turks,Gypsies,Macedonians etc. You hate Bulgaria or what?

You really need to start controling yourself. If you think you are presenting Bulgaria positively, you aren't. Sorry.

Russian is understandable: we have many Russian words. But what is the Greek influence? Pronounciation? Accent?

Those aren't Russian words; those are Slavic words, shared by all Slavs.

I am likely to think what makes Loki relate Bulgarian to Greek is this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balkan_sprachbund

Though it makes more sense with Romanian and Albanian, which, according to it, share more grammar similarities with Bulgarian, but on the other hand, are less popular than Greek.

Archduke
04-10-2013, 06:12 PM
bump

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuRLdTrKuTg

Burkean
05-05-2013, 08:55 AM
I find the bulgarian language wery pure, simple and 'direct'. When bulgarians are angry, they sound quite rude, but also this language is very sincere. Also, the pronunciation is very close to russian, so it's comfortable to me to listen to bulgarian speech. And many sentences can be understood without a dictionary.

Minde
05-05-2013, 02:55 PM
like wrong Russian version

Temujin
07-29-2013, 02:36 PM
It sounds like south Slavic. Too many missing vowels in recognisable words for my liking. Anyway, it sounds cool as most Slavic languages do.

wvwvw
07-29-2013, 02:43 PM
It sounds good and reminds me of..Greek for some reason. Could it be the intonation

Certainly it sounds better than most Slavic languages

Archduke
09-14-2013, 08:40 PM
bump

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6av5tMhtJNs

Kalimtari
09-16-2013, 05:16 PM
to me it sounds very much like Macedonian, just without the serbisms

Lemon Kush
09-18-2013, 09:00 AM
I like the Western Bulgarian dialect. I think it should be the standard for all of Bulgaria.

Shkembe Chorba
09-18-2013, 07:07 PM
I like the Western Bulgarian dialect. I think it should be the standard for all of Bulgaria.
Епа и аз сметам така, а па у Варна ми викат къде съм говорил като селянин ;щ

Maleficent
09-18-2013, 07:16 PM
It definitely sounds South Slavic. I personally think it's the prettiest sounding Slavic language.

Lemon Kush
09-18-2013, 08:25 PM
Епа и аз сметам така, а па у Варна ми викат къде съм говорил като селянин ;щ

Samo na shopski brate! Ekavica nali?

morski
09-19-2013, 08:04 AM
Samo na shopski brate! Ekavica nali?

Ти ако искаш напрао мое да си фащаш бохчите и към Шумадия, там си екайте със свинарите колко си щете... ;)

Trun
09-19-2013, 08:05 AM
Шопите по принцип са ми симпатични, докато не идат у Америката.

Shkembe Chorba
09-19-2013, 08:58 AM
ек, ек ;щ

Lemon Kush
11-30-2013, 02:10 PM
Interesting video I found about the dialect spoken in Bansko. Sounds like a variation of the Western dialect :D

http://tv7.bg/%D0%9D%D0%BE%D0%B2%D0%B8%D0%BD%D0%B8/%D0%A0%D0%B5%D0%B3%D0%B8%D0%BE%D0%BD%D0%B0%D0%BB%D 0%BD%D0%B8/%D0%9D%D0%BE%D0%B2%D0%B8%D0%BD%D0%B8/%D0%90%D0%B2%D1%82%D0%B5%D0%BD%D1%82%D0%B8%D1%87%D 0%B5%D0%BD-%D0%B4%D0%B8%D0%B0%D0%BB%D0%B5%D0%BA%D1%82-%D0%B2-%D0%91%D0%B0%D0%BD%D1%81%D0%BA%D0%BE-%D0%B8-%D0%A0%D0%B0%D0%B7%D0%BB%D0%BE%D0%B3_l.1_i.530852_ c.77.html#.UpnjoMRDtpM

Trun
12-01-2013, 09:17 AM
Interesting video I found about the dialect spoken in Bansko. Sounds like a variation of the Western dialect :D

http://tv7.bg/%D0%9D%D0%BE%D0%B2%D0%B8%D0%BD%D0%B8/%D0%A0%D0%B5%D0%B3%D0%B8%D0%BE%D0%BD%D0%B0%D0%BB%D 0%BD%D0%B8/%D0%9D%D0%BE%D0%B2%D0%B8%D0%BD%D0%B8/%D0%90%D0%B2%D1%82%D0%B5%D0%BD%D1%82%D0%B8%D1%87%D 0%B5%D0%BD-%D0%B4%D0%B8%D0%B0%D0%BB%D0%B5%D0%BA%D1%82-%D0%B2-%D0%91%D0%B0%D0%BD%D1%81%D0%BA%D0%BE-%D0%B8-%D0%A0%D0%B0%D0%B7%D0%BB%D0%BE%D0%B3_l.1_i.530852_ c.77.html#.UpnjoMRDtpM

Нормално, Банско е в Западна България :D

Vojnik
12-01-2013, 09:55 AM
To me, it sounds similar to Aegean Macedonian Dialects, such as the Lerinsko-Kostursko and Solunsko-Vodensko dialects, which sound Closer to standard Bulgarian then to standard Macedonian, in my opinion. Not exactly word for word, but more in the pronunciation of certain words.

A video sample of the Vodensko dialect:

http://youtu.be/bXklyRg0h-Q

Trun
12-01-2013, 10:43 AM
To me, it sounds similar to Aegean Macedonian Dialects, such as the Lerinsko-Kostursko and Solunsko-Vodensko dialects, which sound Closer to standard Bulgarian then to standard Macedonian, in my opinion. Not exactly word for word, but more in the pronunciation of certain words.

A video sample of the Vodensko dialect:

http://youtu.be/bXklyRg0h-Q

Standart Macedonian is heavily Serbified. They surely sound closer to dialects in Vardarsko as they were 100 years ago than to Eastern Bulgarian dialects.

Zaycev
01-31-2014, 01:57 PM
Sounds like a kind of 'exotic' Russian. At least thats probably what people here would think of it.

yes, it is harder version of russian/ukrainsky but not that hard like serbocroatian.

morski
01-31-2014, 02:07 PM
yes, it is harder version of russian/ukrainsky but not that hard like serbocroatian.

ЛОЛ. Bulgarian can't be a version of another Slavic language since it is the Slavic language with the oldest written history.

Zaycev
01-31-2014, 02:09 PM
you dick you know how I mean it, maybe used the wrong words
delete version

morski
01-31-2014, 02:18 PM
you dick you know how I mean it, maybe used the wrong words
delete version

I know, I know... it was for the sake of accuracy.:laugh:

Zaycev
01-31-2014, 02:21 PM
I was eating while typing ЛОЛ

solaris
01-31-2014, 02:26 PM
like fucked up macedonian.

Zaycev
01-31-2014, 02:29 PM
piss off you slut

Lemon Kush
02-02-2014, 11:23 AM
ЛОЛ. Bulgarian can't be a version of another Slavic language since it is the Slavic language with the oldest written history.

Just because Bulgarian is the oldest written Slavic language doesn't mean it's the oldest and far from the most original.

morski
02-02-2014, 12:22 PM
Just because Bulgarian is the oldest written Slavic language doesn't mean it's the oldest and far from the most original.

Bugger off!

Lemon Kush
02-02-2014, 12:24 PM
Bugger off!

Well it's true!

Trun
02-02-2014, 01:29 PM
Sounds abit Turkish/Turkic, I could be wrong?

You're mistaking it for Estonian probably.

KrashNick
02-02-2014, 01:31 PM
Kinda macedonian

Trun
02-02-2014, 01:32 PM
Kinda macedonian

Like ancient Greek? Nah.

KrashNick
02-02-2014, 01:35 PM
Like ancient Greek? Nah.

I mean kinda similar with Bulgarian language in FYROM :D

Machete
02-02-2014, 01:37 PM
very funny.

KrashNick
02-02-2014, 01:40 PM
very funny.

u mad shiptar :D

Machete
02-02-2014, 01:41 PM
Im mad shiptar :D
fixed

Trun
02-02-2014, 01:45 PM
What is "Romance-Macedonian"? Vlach?

Styrian Mujo
02-02-2014, 02:06 PM
Sounds like a Greek or an Albo trying to speak Serbocroatian mixed with Russian.

Trun
02-02-2014, 02:08 PM
Sounds like a Greek or an Albo trying to speak Serbocroatian mixed with Russian.

Have you been raped in the ass recently, Turkish leftover?

Styrian Mujo
02-02-2014, 02:10 PM
Have you been raped in the ass recently, Turkish leftover?
It's just my opinion and the opinion of many other Yugoslavs who some times say Bulgarians speak broken Serbocroatian.

Trun
02-02-2014, 02:12 PM
It's just my opinion and the opinion of many other Yugoslavs who some times say Bulgarians speak broken Serbocroatian.

Yugoslavs would have spoken Turkish if there weren't Bulgarians, moron.

Styrian Mujo
02-02-2014, 02:13 PM
Yugoslavs would have spoken Turkish if there weren't Bulgarians, moron.
How so?

Kamal900
02-02-2014, 02:16 PM
sounds like a exotic russian.

Zaycev
02-02-2014, 02:24 PM

It can be hardly broken serbocroatian when the bulgarian language, unity and state existed for much longer than any yugoslavs-states combined
You fucking yugoslavian mountaindweller reject

morski
02-02-2014, 02:28 PM
Ur mom, Zaycev, keep it civil fellas, you swear like Yugoslavs.

Trun
02-02-2014, 02:29 PM
Ur mom, Zaycev, keep it civil fellas, you swear like Yugoslavs.

I haven't used any mother's genitals, neither have I sweared God ;)

Machete
02-02-2014, 02:36 PM
What is "Romance-Macedonian"? Vlach?
romance or vlach the same, yes macedonian.

Styrian Mujo
02-02-2014, 08:46 PM
It can be hardly broken serbocroatian when the bulgarian language, unity and state existed for much longer than any yugoslavs-states combined
You fucking yugoslavian mountaindweller reject
Look it's just the opinion of Yugos, and on the subject of unity Bulgarians had the luck of being ruled over by only one empire (and then Serbian imperialists went and fucked it up) and you were mostly of orthodox and muslim religion while Serbocroats where ruled over by 2 empires and were devided by 3 religions.

Lemon Kush
02-02-2014, 10:33 PM
Look it's just the opinion of Yugos, and on the subject of unity Bulgarians had the luck of being ruled over by only one empire (and then Serbian imperialists went and fucked it up) and you were mostly of orthodox and muslim religion while Serbocroats where ruled over by 2 empires and were devided by 3 religions.

Don't listen to these haters. Serbo-Croatian is a badass language.

Shkembe Chorba
02-04-2014, 04:26 PM
http://31.media.tumblr.com/0112270846c029ecae0c07156ada3ef1/tumblr_n08eauEmm81qzpsuoo1_500.jpg

swagcore
05-02-2015, 02:07 AM
is sound just like albanjan.

Nurzat
07-31-2023, 05:35 PM
has a bit of a Greek feel to it, not in phonetics but in rhythm. I understand many words in its written form, and much of it overall when written, except when there's a lot of verbs, which are so different to East Slavic, but spoken I don't understand much, anyway I cannot follow it. it's basically Slavic words over Balkan (Thraco-Dacian?) grammar