PDA

View Full Version : Moral...

Holle Bolle Gijss
07-05-2012, 11:47 PM
Last night I was watching this episode of Law & Order Special Victims Unit. (Yes yes I know; Dont watch that crap, this belongs in the tv sub and the lot of it.)

The episode told the story about this little 9 year old boy needing a donor organ and some assistent coroner buying corpes and harvesting the organs to provide the needy, ofcourse at a price.

Ofcourse thru constructive detective work the officers of the SVU team figure out that the boy is about to receive an organ provided through illegal means.

The detective leading the case is left with two options; stop the operation altogether since the organ is illegally obtained even if it means the kid dies. Or... Let the kid have the transplant, just arrest the person responable for providing the organ.

So... I was just curious what peoples views on situations like this one were really.

Thanks in advance for answering.

Pretan
07-05-2012, 11:59 PM
It depends how desperate the kid is. If it's urgent, :icon_skull: then yes he could have the illegal organ and arrest the guy afterwards. The organ could be diseased though, with it being done in a dodgy way.

Title is a bit confusing, i'm sure you mean Moral.

Holle Bolle Gijss
07-06-2012, 12:07 AM
It depends how desperate the kid is. If it's urgent, :icon_skull: then yes he could have the illegal organ and arrest the guy afterwards. The organ could be diseased though, with it being done in a dodgy way.

Title is a bit confusing, i'm sure you mean Moral.
Sorry type o... Will correct...

rhiannon
07-06-2012, 10:26 AM
Last night I was watching this episode of Law & Order Special Victims Unit. (Yes yes I know; Dont watch that crap, this belongs in the tv sub and the lot of it.)

The episode told the story about this little 9 year old boy needing a donor organ and some assistent coroner buying corpes and harvesting the organs to provide the needy, ofcourse at a price.

Ofcourse thru constructive detective work the officers of the SVU team figure out that the boy is about to receive an organ provided through illegal means.

The detective leading the case is left with two options; stop the operation altogether since the organ is illegally obtained even if it means the kid dies. Or... Let the kid have the transplant, just arrest the person responable for providing the organ.

So... I was just curious what peoples views on situations like this one were really.

Thanks in advance for answering.

Given that the organ has already been harvested and will likely go to waste if the child in question was disallowed from receipt of said organ....I would vote to SAVE the child who had NO part in any of the bullshit that led up to the organ's becoming available. The child surely doesn't deserve to die.

Then....arrest the POS scumbags responsible for procuring the organs via illegal means