PDA

View Full Version : Your favourite immigrant group?

Útrám
07-22-2012, 08:24 AM
Your favourite immigrant group and why?

Mine are American expatriates. They comprise roughly 10% of downtown Reykjavík. They are usually well-educated and belong to some of the various cultural circles.

Absinthe
07-22-2012, 08:29 AM
Uhm...in a country such as Greece with a massive influx of all kinds of immigrants and yet no infrastructure to accommodate them, it makes it hard to say.

But I guess it would be Bulgarians, as I've had the most positive impressions of them. :)

Stefan
07-22-2012, 08:30 AM
Well, they've lived in this country before I was born and longer than I have, but they're immigrants nevertheless. I appreciate the elderly Polish grandparents and great-grandparents of the people in my city. They're very nice and have great values.

Contra Mundum
07-22-2012, 08:55 AM
Of the immigrants I have had personal experience with, it's the Cubans. I've been to south Florida many times, and the Cubans down there are great. There isn't a more patriotic group of immigrants than those from Cuba, especially those who arrived here in the 1960s. They truly love this country.

Siegfried
07-22-2012, 09:00 AM
The elderly Eastern Euros in Canada. They like their new country, though they still remember the old one. Their grandchildren are cunts, however.

Queen B
07-22-2012, 09:04 AM
Phillipino.

Nurzat
07-22-2012, 09:08 AM
i would romania to be flooded by a northeasteuro wave of immigrants to fill the 3-4 million gap left by romanians that immigrated to italy, spain and uk

Siegfried
07-22-2012, 09:09 AM
i would romania to be flooded by a northeasteuro wave of immigrants to fill the 3-4 million gap left by romanians that immigrated to italy, spain and uk

And to make up for the increasing gypsy population (2 million in 9 years).:thumb001:

Nurzat
07-22-2012, 09:25 AM
And to make up for the increasing gypsy population (2 million in 9 years).:thumb001:

actually gypoes have grown from 600 000 to 1.5 - 2 million in 20 years, since revolution. it's still terrifying anyway.

as romanians have 1.5 babies/woman (+ immigration rate) and gypoes have 5.2 babies/woman, ethnic romanian population will be a minority in romania by 2060

romania will become gypsyland by 2060-2070 and add the predicted 2-3 million maghrebi + ssa + middle eastern population by then

Corvus
07-22-2012, 09:29 AM
We have just two immigrant groups here.
People from former Yugoslavia and Turks
I prefer the first because they are culturally closer.

Mortimer
07-22-2012, 09:35 AM
I dont like any of them:tongue
no jokes aside, i really couldnt say which i like best, i put the invidual above groups, i judge them as individuals..... but if i had to choose it would be germans (germany germans), they are polite and world open

edit: well not all of them, but a good deal, and i dont know if they count really as "immigrants"

Corvus
07-22-2012, 09:36 AM
I dont like any of them:tongue
no jokes aside, i really couldnt say which i like best, i put the invidual above groups, i judge them as individuals..... but if i had to choose it would be germans (germany germans), they are polite and world open

You cannot say that Germans are an immigrant group

Mortimer
07-22-2012, 09:38 AM
You cannot say that Germans are an immigrant group

yes i just edited my post. theoretically they are an immigrant group because they are from another political entity, but in practice they are same people...

Lithium
07-22-2012, 09:47 AM
I don't like immigrants, I am a racial and ethnic separatist.

Dacul
07-22-2012, 10:00 AM
Romania do not have any emigrants,lol.

Onur
07-22-2012, 10:24 AM
Romania do not have any emigrants,lol.
Actually this is a sign of a problem. Both having a lot of immigrants or none at all indicates that there is something wrong with your country ;)

There are so few immigrants in my own city but when i was living in Istanbul, i saw a lot of young people from some ex-commie countries like Moldovia, Ukraine, Romania. They were working so hard and they were quite polite. Btw i am not talking about hookers from these countries, don't get me wrong.

Lithium
07-22-2012, 10:29 AM
Actually this is a sign of a problem. Both having a lot of immigrants or none at all indicates that there is something wrong with your country ;)

There are so few immigrants in my own city but when i was living in Istanbul, i saw a lot of young people from some ex-commie countries like Moldovia, Ukraine, Romania. They were working so hard and they were quite polite. Btw i am not talking about hookers from these countries, don't get me wrong.

Bulgaria and Romania are too poor for third world immigrants :D

Damião de Góis
07-22-2012, 10:42 AM
None. Maybe the chinese since i barely see them (they aren't very social).

Apina
07-22-2012, 10:51 AM
Italians ;);)

northspaniard
07-22-2012, 10:59 AM
Argentinians. They are like us. And the worst ones are Portuguese :D No. Gypsy romanians: thieves, cheaters, beggars, filthy....Agh.

Behemot
07-22-2012, 11:07 AM
We are the immigrants :D

Apina
07-22-2012, 11:09 AM
Argentinians. They are like us. And the worst ones are Portuguese :D No. Gypsy romanians: thieves, cheaters, beggars, filthy....Agh.
No te dan pena estos gitanos? Siempre se sientan fuera de las iglesias, y me compadezco con ellos, excluídos y rechazados por la sociedad :(

northspaniard
07-22-2012, 11:12 AM
Well romanian gypsies are un-educated,but they should not mix with spaniards,becos spaniards have nigger admixture from moors.
I saw a map with average dick size in Europe and spaniards were top,think is because they mixed with niggers.
Anyway,average romanian gypsie is more light skined than average south spaniard.

You don't believe so at all. Just trolling. Inferiority complex perhaps?
Look at my avatar, average spanish woman.

Damião de Góis
07-22-2012, 11:25 AM
lol, are you mad that he took a cheap shot at your gypsies or... ? :icon_ask:

Contra Mundum
07-22-2012, 11:29 AM
No te dan pena estos gitanos? Siempre se sientan fuera de las iglesias, y me compadezco con ellos, excluídos y rechazados por la sociedad :(

They're obviously doing something wrong then. They're human beings who have the intelligence to adapt to the dominant society. It isn't our fault that they refuse to.

Siegfried
07-22-2012, 12:09 PM
Well romanian gypsies are un-educated,but they should not mix with spaniards,becos spaniards have nigger admixture from moors.
I saw a map with average dick size in Europe and spaniards were top,think is because they mixed with niggers.
Anyway,average romanian gypsie is more light skined than average south spaniard.

Wtf?

Romanul strikes again. *Ba-dum*

Apina
07-22-2012, 12:10 PM
They're obviously doing something wrong then. They're human beings who have the intelligence to adapt to the dominant society. It isn't our fault that they refuse to.
Sí, pero cómo pueden ascender en la escala social, si llegan a un país sin educación, sin oportunidades (nadie quiere emplearlos), y como consecuencia, acaban rechazados por todos. Creo que es una vida muy triste. Yo preferiría llevar una vida trabajando 7 días por semana que no haciendo nada con mi vida, con ninguna oportunidad de mejorar la vida.

Balmung
07-22-2012, 12:31 PM
1. My father

2. I guess East Asians & some Mexicans.

East asians are very hard working, and they don't like a lot of attention, distractions, and they don't cause a lot of controversy.

Everyone rags on Mexicans but they aren't nearly as bad as blacks (outside the ghetto). They work twice as hard as them, and unlike Blacks noone had to force Mexicans to do labour :lol: Ive come in contact with several blacks in "proffessional" jobs who act like ghetto trash. Most Mexicans ive met in the workplace have been very proffessional & nice.

Holle Bolle Gijss
07-22-2012, 12:32 PM
The ones that go back home...

Moonbird
07-22-2012, 12:35 PM
The ones that go back home...

I agree :thumb001:

Leliana
07-22-2012, 12:37 PM
My favourite immigrant group partying in a room.

http://www.portfolio-international.de/uploads/pics/leerer_raum_22.jpg

Contra Mundum
07-22-2012, 12:48 PM
Sí, pero cómo pueden ascender en la escala social, si llegan a un país sin educación, sin oportunidades (nadie quiere emplearlos), y como consecuencia, acaban rechazados por todos. Creo que es una vida muy triste. Yo preferiría llevar una vida trabajando 7 días por semana que no haciendo nada con mi vida, con ninguna oportunidad de mejorar mi vida.

How come other immigrants seem to do fine?

The gypsies need to be deported if all they want to do is beg.

PetiteParisienne
07-22-2012, 12:56 PM
American expats. They're actually less noisy than the Aussie expats.

The Lawspeaker
07-22-2012, 01:55 PM
The one that leaves first (and doesn't come back).

sturmwalkure
07-22-2012, 04:42 PM

Trollolol?

Dandelion
07-22-2012, 04:49 PM
Other Western Europeans, preferably Germanics. I don't consider Northern Dutch as immigrants. Germans seem to blend in very easily as well, mentality-wise. I even have a colleague from Eastern Germany (an Ossie). Just a German accent is what makes her somehow foreign.

If it's about non-Euro immigrants: I wouldn't know. I'm more inclined to like some groups less than I am to like more. I'd say Surinamese or so?

Pallantides
07-22-2012, 04:50 PM
Forest Finns, they make up an important historical immigrant group here in East Norway. After them it's the Scots who settled in Western Norway mostly.

If it's only non-euro and modern immigrants, then Chileans are the most tolerable.

rashka
07-22-2012, 04:56 PM

The next step is to make sure that slavic is being spoken. :)

evon
07-22-2012, 04:57 PM
Tamils i think, they are very hard working and they try their best to fit into society, good people from my experience..

northspaniard
07-22-2012, 05:27 PM
How come other immigrants seem to do fine?

The gypsies need to be deported if all they want to do is beg.

Senegalese people come from a poor country too, but they behave right and polite in Spain. Romanian gypsies on the contrary not only beg, but they steal and try to cheat our elderly people, people that has a little pension in the majority of cases. That drives me mad! :mad:
None else ethnic group behaves like them.

Dandelion
07-22-2012, 05:35 PM
Senegalese people come from a poor country too, but they behave right and polite in Spain.

Those Senegalese I met in Paris, at the stairs of the Basilique du Sacré-Cœur were sure annoying however, when they were trying to rip off people selling useless cords ("African lucky charms"). I met them in 2003 and I've heard of people they were still active at least in 2011.

StonyArabia
07-22-2012, 05:48 PM
Syrian Bedouins and North Caucasians obviously. The rest I don't care really about no favorites or dislike pretty netural. I obviously feel more comfortable around people that are of similar background due to shared cultural elements.

Kazimiera
07-22-2012, 05:52 PM
In South Africa I would say the Zimbabweans and the Malawians - usually refugees. They are usually well educated, honest and hard-working. Unlike our local black population that like to sit under a tree and do nothing, then want payment at the end of the day. When it comes to doing menial jobs (even if they are illegal) people prefer to employ them than our own blacks because of their work ethic. As a result they are not very popular amongst the local blacks. Once they get working visa's they are high in demand and do very well.

Also the Somali's. About two days after arriving here they set up small shops selling cigarettes, sweets and fruit. They work hard and are not liked by our local population because they actually work for their money.

The Nigerians have a hand in the drug trade and are generally nefarious characters. When my husband and I got married we met a woman in tears at the Home Affairs office. She and her boyfriend wanted to get married. When they arrived at the Department of Home Affairs they found out that she had been legally married for 5 years to some Nigerian guy she had never met in her life before. He, of course, had his citizenship by this time already. She was trying to get a divorce from this man because she wanted to marry her boyfriend and it was proving to be quite a battle because nobody could locate him to sign divorce papers. That's the Nigerians for you.

kabeiros
07-22-2012, 06:02 PM
I'm not a fan of immigrants but if I had to choose out of them it would be like this:

1. Poles, Bulgarians
2. Albanians,Georgians (except the criminals)
3. Philippinos

unwanted
-. Morrocans, Algerians, Egyptians, Negroes, Pakis, Afghanis, Turks, Kurds etc.

StonyArabia
07-22-2012, 06:08 PM
I'm not a fan of immigrants but if I had to choose out of them it would be like this:

1. Poles, Bulgarians
3. Philippinos

unwanted

Turks are doing fine in Turkey and their nation puts most of the Balkan nations to the shadows. It's the other way the immigration has been taking place, I doubt they are thirlled about it. If Turkey needs immigrants they should just bring Tatars North Caucasian and Central Asians:cool: It's a Eurasian tiger!

Absinthe
07-22-2012, 06:11 PM
1. Poles, Bulgarians

-except the alcoholics who sit on the stairs of buildings drinking cheap beer from LIDL and throwing the cigarette buds on the sidewalk :D

But yeah, Poles and Bulgarians I've met are generally hard working and family oriented people :)

And the ones on the internet :D

About Georgians: there is a general tendency to categorize them in the organized crime group.

I don't know about men because I haven't met any, but I've met some Georgian women. I have a very positive impression of those. :thumb001:

3. Philippinos

Yes they are generally very quiet and reserved people.

unwanted

Egyptians are OK; especially those who are Christian. There was once a tavern owned by Egyptians (Coptic) near my house, I used to go there and the people were extremely polite.

Turks - there isn't anyone at least in Athens :p

Afghanis are the most dangerous and disgusting group of the lot, IMO, closely followed by Nigerians and Somalis.

Ethiopians are OK people, from what I've seen. They're also Christian so they adapt more easily.

kabeiros
07-22-2012, 06:14 PM
Turks are doing fine in Turkey and their nation puts most of the Balkan nations to the shadows. It's the other way the immigration has been taking place, I doubt they are thirlled about it. If Turkey needs immigrants they should just bring Tatars North Caucasian and Central Asians:cool: It's a Eurasian tiger!

Turks are doing fine in Turkey but somehow they are everywhere in Europe, especially Germany, Netherlands, Switzerland, England, France. They don't have the best reputation there, ask Central and Western Europeans...

Moonbird
07-22-2012, 07:25 PM
Also the Somali's. About two days after arriving here they set up small shops selling cigarettes, sweets and fruit. They work hard and are not liked by our local population because they actually work for their money.

The Somalis that come to your country seem to be very different from those who come to my country. They want to live on welfare payments and do nothing.

Apina
07-22-2012, 07:47 PM
Senegalese people come from a poor country too, but they behave right and polite in Spain. Romanian gypsies on the contrary not only beg, but they steal and try to cheat our elderly people, people that has a little pension in the majority of cases. That drives me mad! :mad:
None else ethnic group behaves like them.
Cuál es tu opinión acerca de los latinoamericanos (que son muchos en ciudades grandes como Madrid)?. En mi experiencia de estar en Espana (y en Italia donde también hay muchos), es que tienden comportarse muy bien y son muy bien educados. No tengo ningunos problemas con ellos :) Lo que me molesta es que parezca que hay bastante discriminación contra ellos en Espana - piensen en los ataques contra latinoamericanos en, por ejemplo, el metro de Barcelona.

Ademais, uma pergunta aos portugueses. Como as províncias ultramares eram parte (tecnicamente) do país de Portugal (segundo a política de Salazar), consideram os africanos que vem desde Angola, Guiné e Mocambique, portugueses, ou imigrantes? Consideram-nos diferentes aos brasileiros por exemplo, ou aos que nunca foram parte do império portugues (que imigram para Portugal)?

Kazimiera
07-22-2012, 07:53 PM
The Somalis that come to your country seem to be very different from those who come to my country. They want to live on welfare payments and do nothing.

Maybe their attitude depends on the country in which they settle. In Europe they become part of the system and go onto welfare. South Africa is not a welfare state and they have no choice other than to get their hands dirty. There are also often xenophobic attacks on them by local blacks and by the police (who are local blacks). The police go to their shops and rob them of all their belongings and beat them up, then go to "investigate" their own crime and squash the case.

I like the Somali's because they have manners, they are friendly and are not work-shy. But they survive on trade, buying and selling. Whereas the Zimbabweans and Malawians work more with their hands in the building trade, in gardens and as maids.

A friend of mine has a hotel and he employed an illegal Zimbabwean immigrant who was to look after the gardens at the hotel. In a short space of time he turned the place around. We only found out later that he has a degree in Biology and Mathematics. And in his free time when he wasn't in the garden he was helping white high school kids (who he met at the gym) in the afternoons with extra maths classes at no cost.

Dacul
07-22-2012, 08:03 PM
Why would anyone from Poland would want to emigrate in Greece?
Lol.
I think Poland have a higher standard of living than Greece.

Jon Snow
07-22-2012, 08:03 PM
As far as I'm concerned, any native European is a welcome immigrant to my country. :thumb001:

A few years ago, I happened to meet a man who had recently immigrated from Ireland. We met at a party, and got to talking--turns out he'd nearly been arrested for assault within weeks of his citizenship being finalized, due to punching out a black American guy at a bar who was going on about how much he hated the USA. :rotfl I say "nearly" because, according to this Irishman's story, the police officer who responded to investigate the scene empathized with his patriotic attitude and his explanation that barfights weren't considered a serious offense where he came from. In the end, he was let go with a warning. :D

CelticViking
07-22-2012, 08:18 PM
People of British,Irish,Scandinavian,Dutch,Swiss,German & French descent are lovely when they come here :)

kabeiros
07-22-2012, 08:31 PM
Lol.

''According to the international bibliography, Poland has been one of the Central and Eastern European areas with the largest migratory outflows for over a century. Of course Greece has never been one of the main destinations for Polish immigrants, however Polish immigrants are among the ten largest immigrant groups, in terms of population size, residing in the country. In addition, the Polish community is one of the oldest and, according to many, one of the best organized migratory groups in
Greece. In fact, the Poles are the only migrant group from a former socialist country that had a pre 1989 presence in Greece, despite the geographical distance between Poland and Greece and the lack of prior historical, cultural, religious, economic ties, or ties of any other type between the two countries.Moreover, despite the fact that employment of women in privet households is quite widespread in Greece, Polish migration to Greece appears not to be ‘gendered’, or at least, appears not to be as ‘gendered’ as Polish migration to other countries such as Italy.
Furthermore, the motivation for migrating for the Polish economic migrants
are more related to the desire for improving their living and working conditions and less to unemployment or high cost of living in relation to wages.''
(Michaela A. Maroufof, European Commision, IDEA)

You are among the most stupid posters here, you lean towards retardness

Damião de Góis
07-22-2012, 08:32 PM
Ademais, uma pergunta aos portugueses. Como as províncias ultramares eram parte (tecnicamente) do país de Portugal (segundo a política de Salazar), consideram os africanos que vem desde Angola, Guiné e Mocambique, portugueses, ou imigrantes? Consideram-nos diferentes aos brasileiros por exemplo, ou aos que nunca foram parte do império portugues (que imigram para Portugal)?

No, no one considers them portuguese. The same way the english don't consider americans to be english or the spanish don't consider colombians to be spanish either. Those countries stopped being Portugal a long time ago. And besides all africans who arrive speak with a foreign accent that most of the times it's difficult to understand.

Either way, an angolan is different from a Nigerian and a Brazilian is different from a Venezuelan.

Absinthe
07-22-2012, 08:32 PM
Lol.
Now. ;)

The Polish immigration in Greece occurred mostly during the 90s. Now most of them are gone.

~Nik~
07-22-2012, 09:13 PM
Well, I am myself an immigrant :embarrassed, but I tend to be appreciated by the locals and am generally in good relations with people with another European descent. I cannot speak for a whole group, but from what I met, I would say mostly : Poles, Italians and Brits.

Contra Mundum
07-22-2012, 09:16 PM
American expats. They're actually less noisy than the Aussie expats.

You need to relay that to Tuan.:thumb001:

The Lawspeaker
07-22-2012, 09:19 PM
You need to relay that to Tuan.:thumb001:

Hmm here it's the other way around but then again we don't get to see much Aussies here (as tourists or expats). American tourists are a nightmare as most people here could tell you.

Apina
07-22-2012, 09:21 PM
Hmm here it's the other way around but then again we don't get to see much Aussies here (as tourists or expats). American tourists are a nightmare as most people here could tell you.
I find that you can usually hear them before you can see them.

Incel King
07-22-2012, 09:28 PM
Ukrainians, because I love one beautiful Ukrainian girl that live here.

The Lawspeaker
07-22-2012, 09:29 PM
I find that you can usually hear them before you can see them.
I have noticed that too.

Sultan Suleiman
07-22-2012, 09:33 PM
Anyone with productive skills and capital is okay in my book :thumb001;

Jon Snow
07-23-2012, 03:05 AM
Maybe you want to say "any native european who agrees with zionism is welcomed in US".
Obama did good things for US but he is jewized in every corner of his soul....So he also did plenty of bad things for US including sending special troops to beat the peaceful protesters against the jewized elite of Wall Street....
Israel never received so much money as they received since mr Obama is president nor they were allowed to do whatever they please,as they are allowed now,with the unfair embargo they imposed on Iran or about the exiling of africans and asians from Israel.
I mean is first time when Israel is attacking some turkish civilians this is how much nerve got Israel now because how shameless is mr. Obama in his support for zionism...
I am feeling sick when I hear as one of the main priorities of mr. Obama "an ironclad security for Israel".
I actually think mr. Obama is african jew cause I do not understand otherwise why is he supporting so strong Israel or why he was promoted as president of US while being nigger.
Enjoy:
http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/US-Israel/obamajews.html
And this:
http://www.timesofisrael.com/obama-the-jewish-president/

As usual, I have no idea what you're attempting to communicate.

Obama is beholden to Israel--or, more specifically, the American-Israeli Political Action Committee--this is true. AIPAC is a huge player in American politics, but make no mistake: McCain would have been doing the exact same things, so I'm not sure what your point is.

Obama may be an Israel-firster, but that doesn't set him apart from his recent predecessors. What sets him apart is his appalling mismanagement of our economy. For example, by the time that less than half of his term had passed, he had already gotten the US further into debt than every single president before him combined. Furthermore, having a black president is extremely embarrassing. Before Obama took office, I had never been ashamed to call myself an American; but part of me is now.

StonyArabia
07-23-2012, 03:35 AM
Furthermore, having a black president is extremely embarrassing. Before Obama took office, I had never been ashamed to call myself an American; but part of me is now.

Why? Would you feel the same way if the guy in charge of America was Hispanic? Here in Canada we never had any non-White Prime Minsters, but the we had an Asian Governor General and now the governor general is Black Haitian Michelle Jean, but it's ceremonial position.

arcticwolf
07-23-2012, 04:21 AM
Native Europeans or European Colonials.

rhiannon
07-23-2012, 04:30 AM
I don't have a definitive answer to this question. As is par for the course being an American and immersed in the concept of changing one's own life if one is unhappy with it....I respect all immigrants who come here with a real work ethic and the willingness to work as hard as they will need to in order to improve their circumstances.

I have no respect for people entering my country or any other country and demanding that all their needs get met. Most of our ancestors who came here at the time of Ellis Island and before (all my ancestors came before this place was ever open to the public) came with nothing. They worked very hard to improve their own lot....and the lots of their descendants:)

Sikeliot
07-23-2012, 04:32 AM
Any immigrant group that works their ass off to get what they want rather than expected it handed to them.

Stefan
07-23-2012, 05:35 AM
Any immigrant group that works their ass off to get what they want rather than expected it handed to them.

I especially dislike how they believe if they live in their new country they should automatically get the benefits of a citizen and be piggy-backed to success. Many have some idealized view that people, in the United-States for example, have things handed to them, and think they could have some of it as well. Nothing is further from the truth though. The best immigrants, historically, earned and worked for what they have. They built towns, cities, communities. They built roads. They worked in steel mills, coal mines, etc. They farmed and raised their families solely on what they grew, making some money here and there by selling their products.

Midori
07-23-2012, 06:04 AM
There are no immigrants in my country...

iNird
07-23-2012, 06:19 AM
In the states, I would say:

-Eastern European Immigrants, tend to work hard, maintain their property in good condition, tend to be pro-education
-Asian immigrants, very stingy but they are law abiding people for the most part and value education

northspaniard
07-23-2012, 11:08 AM
Cuál es tu opinión acerca de los latinoamericanos (que son muchos en ciudades grandes como Madrid)?. En mi experiencia de estar en Espana (y en Italia donde también hay muchos), es que tienden comportarse muy bien y son muy bien educados. No tengo ningunos problemas con ellos :) Lo que me molesta es que parezca que hay bastante discriminación contra ellos en Espana - piensen en los ataques contra latinoamericanos en, por ejemplo, el metro de Barcelona.

I have no problem with them, in Asturias they're few. The most european-descent ones (argentinians, uruguayans, some cubans) are like us, but the most indian/mestizo ones (ecuatorian, peruvian, some colombian) keep themselves aloof from us and tend to make ghettos. In big cities young latin people cause quite problems, even murders.
Btw, they call themselves "latins" in opposition to us :D It's funny that we are doing the same, now in Madrid, for exemple, spanish people call them "latinos" too.
A thing that I don't like is that other europeans take them for spaniards, as some half-blind romanian around here. :p

PetiteParisienne
07-23-2012, 04:24 PM
American tourists are different from American expats!

Moonbird
07-23-2012, 04:36 PM
I like the Somali's because they have manners, they are friendly and are not work-shy.

If someone would describe the Somalis in Finland in that way everyone would think that person's cracking a joke. :eek:

Maybe their attitude depends on the country in which they settle. In Europe they become part of the system and go onto welfare. South Africa is not a welfare state and they have no choice other than to get their hands dirty.

I think you have a point there. It's the laziest ones who come to the welfare states in Europe.

Dacul
07-23-2012, 06:19 PM
As usual, I have no idea what you're attempting to communicate.

Obama is beholden to Israel--or, more specifically, the American-Israeli Political Action Committee--this is true. AIPAC is a huge player in American politics, but make no mistake: McCain would have been doing the exact same things, so I'm not sure what your point is.

Obama may be an Israel-firster, but that doesn't set him apart from his recent predecessors. What sets him apart is his appalling mismanagement of our economy. For example, by the time that less than half of his term had passed, he had already gotten the US further into debt than every single president before him combined. Furthermore, having a black president is extremely embarrassing. Before Obama took office, I had never been ashamed to call myself an American; but part of me is now.

How do you know that Obama is not having african jewish ancestry?
You are not aware that are african jews?
I think is pretty clear what I want to communicate that mr. Obama is very ardent supporter of zionism and that US in general is a supporter of zionism.
And if some european does not agree with zionism she/he will not be welcomed to US.
I think that in fact US is most zionist state with a majority of caucasian population.
You want to say that in US people that disagree with zionism and unmask true things about humanitarian absuses of zionism and also unmask true things about how unhuman current day judaism is will not get discriminated for that?
Is not like that in US you can go to jail if you say you do not think 6 million jews were killed in Holocaust,right...Lol.

Jon Snow
07-23-2012, 08:50 PM
How do you know that Obama is not having african jewish ancestry?
You are not aware that are african jews?

Of course I'm aware of Ethiopian Jews and related groups. It seems you aren't aware, however, of the fact that the largest group of African Jews in existence numbers barely over 100,000. This, combined with the utter dearth of evidence for your claim, makes your Obama the African Jew scenario unlikely to say the least.

I think is pretty clear what I want to communicate that mr. Obama is very ardent supporter of zionism and that US in general is a supporter of zionism.
And if some european does not agree with zionism she/he will not be welcomed to US.
I think that in fact US is most zionist state with a majority of caucasian population.
You want to say that in US people that disagree with zionism and unmask true things about humanitarian absuses of zionism and also unmask true things about how unhuman current day judaism is will not get discriminated for that?
Is not like that in US you can go to jail if you say you do not think 6 million jews were killed in Holocaust,right...Lol.

I've already agreed that the likes of AIPAC play a significant role in American politics, but Zionist thought hardly has the death grip over the American population that you seem to think it does. Sure, there are some Americans, especially those in the Bible Belt, who believe that the Jews are God's chosen people, and this worldview does influence their political sympathies.

Still, I would argue that the aforementioned group is thoroughly outnumbered by mainstream liberals in the USA, who tend to reduce the Israeli-Palestinian conflict to yet another overly simplistic case of Evil White Oppressor™ versus Poor Helpless Brown People™.

Il Principe
07-27-2012, 05:30 PM
My favorite immigrant group would be expats from other Western European countries, they tend to be interesting people with stories to tell.

Other than that, I tend to agree with Pallantides that the Chileans are the most sympathetic Latin American group.

If someone would describe the Somalis in Finland in that way everyone would think that person's cracking a joke. :eek:
Somalis are much the same in Sweden. They are a race who consider menial labor to be a sign of inferiority, so almost all of them strive to be welfare kings who do not have to work for a living. In the Somali-Arab-Semite worldview, there is no such thing as "work ethic" and having others work for you is a sign of social superiority. This is why Bantu negroes do most of the menial labor in Somalia (which is a smoldering wasteland, due to the Somalis not wanting to rebuild it), and why entire clans of Somalis move like a heliotropic plague to Northern Europe where they breed like germs.

Gospodine
07-27-2012, 05:49 PM
There isn't a more patriotic group of immigrants than those from Cuba, especially those who arrived here in the 1960s. They truly love this country.

Yeah because the CIA bankrolled them and needed them to help draw up plans for an invasion of Cuba; which thankfully Kennedy refused to support in any significant way.

Most of those people that got out before Castro came to power were hard-core Bastistianos and upper-class landowners who were like Robin Hood in reverse and opened up Cuba's agricultural industry to privatisation by American corporate giants.
Fulgencio Batista was just another Latin-American dictator brought to power by the US responsible for the deaths of 20,000-40,000 Cubans.

Cuban-Americans are incredibly brainwashed.

"I believe that there is no country in the world including any and all the countries under colonial domination, where economic colonization, humiliation and exploitation were worse than in Cuba, in part owing to my country's policies during the Batista regime. I approved the proclamation which Fidel Castro made in the Sierra Maestra, when he justifiably called for justice and especially yearned to rid Cuba of corruption. I will even go further: to some extent it is as though Batista was the incarnation of a number of sins on the part of the United States. Now we shall have to pay for those sins. In the matter of the Batista regime, I am in agreement with the first Cuban revolutionaries. That is perfectly clear."

— U.S. President John F. Kennedy, to Jean Daniel, October 24, 1963

infoleather
08-01-2012, 08:57 AM
Must be the euro of the elderly in eastern Canada.

Arthas
08-01-2012, 04:13 PM
There's a huge anti-Polish sentiment in the UK, but if the Poles go, so will 99% of our prostitutes. It's a tough one.

~Nik~
08-01-2012, 04:34 PM
There's a huge anti-Polish sentiment in the UK, but if the Poles go, so will 99% of our prostitutes. It's a tough one.

Wait until Lord Mordid sees what you wrote.

ficuscarica
08-01-2012, 04:36 PM
Those who leave.