PDA

View Full Version : Suspicious not to be on Facebook

Loki
08-23-2012, 09:36 PM
Suspicious not to be on Facebook (http://www.nrk.no/kultur-og-underholdning/1.8274127)

http://gfx.nrk.no/xXrgZXpb3KqXZ37v59gIZQUIFNB4YlBy7a9Nbb5vqs5w.jpg

Employers and psychologists believe Facebook has become so much a part of society that they consider it suspicious not to be a member of an online community.

When Mark Zuckerberg & co. Facebook launched in 2004, was regarded as cool if you were a member of the social network.

Now that Facebook has over 900 million active users worldwide expect more as suspicious if they are not members.

Finance Website Forbes writes that employers are checking on their job applicants are active on social media. Mashable think job seekers without Facebook profile can be suspected of hiding something.

Another suspicion is that Facebook account for a potential employee is so full of drunk pictures and other nonsense that he or she was forced to drop it before the job search was initiated.

The German newspaper Der Tagesspiegel has even gone so far as to point out that James Holmes of cinema massacre in Colorado and Anders Behring Breivik both lacked an active Facebook account.

- The Internet has become a natural part of life, says psychologist Christopher Mills to Der Tagesspiegel.

Find the golden mean

Teknofil.no refers to a swiss study from 2011 in which it appears that "adolescents who use the Internet very little at higher risk of depression than those who are there regularly for up to two hours a day."

According to the study, it is important to find the golden mean on the internet. For high activity on social media is just as worrisome as extremely low activity.

Socialbackers.com shows that over half of the population has a Facebook account. Facebook says that more than 8 percent of the accounts are either fake, counterfeit, or doble.

It should be noted that this weighs heavily in the younger part of society. Facebook is most popular for people aged 18 - 34 years.

First Facebook, then sex

Also in the love life is lacking in Facebook account a bad sign. Slate.com s journalist Emily Yoffee think one should watch out for bed buddies without account on the popular network.

- (...) If you are of a certain age and have met someone you would go to bed with, and the person does not have Facebook, you may have been given a false name. It can be a kind of red flag, says Yoffee.

In a discussion on this topic summarizes she and technology commentator Farhad Majoo that you should check out the Facebook profile of a person before you go to bed with him or her.

Azalea
08-23-2012, 09:37 PM
My smartest friends don't have facebook. :D

Graham
08-23-2012, 09:38 PM
Half my friends have no account. Should I be worried of their potential to kill?

Arbėrori
08-23-2012, 09:38 PM
How tragic, literally. I know alot of genuine & attractive people that just don't want to bother with facebook & I praise them actually. It can be such a waste of time, but well... :p

Aurora
08-23-2012, 09:40 PM
My friends shunned me when I deleted my account. hehe just kidding, but many friends and family members were offended or upset when I deleted my account.

Absinthe
08-23-2012, 09:42 PM
So it has come to that? How sad. Where is this world going to. Being judged on the basis of a virtual account where most people lie about their lives anyway :(

Arbėrori
08-23-2012, 09:44 PM
My friends shunned me when I deleted my account. hehe just kidding, but many friends and family members were offended or upset when I deleted my account.

Some friends would even get into arguments if one deactivated his account... It was ''social suicide'', as they say.:(

Graham
08-23-2012, 09:44 PM
They should study all these anthro type forums. :P

Balmung
08-23-2012, 09:47 PM
Atleast your mother & aunts don't have Facebook, and then constantly remind you about things you, a friend, or a relative have said on Facebook (whats on Facebook stay on Facebook, dammit). I wish those damned Facebook games were never created!

Drawing-slim
08-23-2012, 09:47 PM
This is just another way of controlling masses.
Making people feel bad for not having a facebook.
How twisted of those "professionalls" not to take under consideration people who want to live in a small peacful quite world?!
Why dont they point out the fact that facbook has caused more merriages to end and more people to cheat then ever before in history.

Arbėrori
08-23-2012, 09:49 PM
How twisted of those "professionalls" not to take under consideration or people who want to live in a small peacful quite world?!
Why dont they point out the fact that facbook has caused more merriages to end and more people to cheat then ever before in history.

''You liked her photo? We're over. You either dislike or I'm blocking you.:mad: And what's with you having sent that hoe who shops @ Wendy's a friend request? I have your password. We'll talk when I get off chat, you better be at the living room!...''

What have we become?! :eek:

Arthas
08-23-2012, 09:50 PM
To be honest, I can only think of one person who doesn't have facebook, and he's a pretty shady guy.

Mraz
08-23-2012, 09:51 PM
I'm going to the toilets brb 2min
Jo appreciates it
lol

:picard1:

Loki
08-23-2012, 09:55 PM
To be honest, I can only think of one person who doesn't have facebook, and he's a pretty shady guy.

I think for you young generation this is much more a part of life than for those over 20.

Absinthe
08-23-2012, 09:58 PM
I must admit I have met lots of very interesting people on Facebook, some of which became my very good friends. Hell, I even met my boyfriend on Facebook :p

But it figures, cause Facebook is wired in such a way that it will suggest that you befriend people with similar interests. So sooner or later you'll bump on someone who is very befitting to you.

Still, I don't let myself sucked into Facebook like most people do. I have almost abandoned it, I only keep it just in case I need to get in touch with someone, but I don't follow people's updates religiously and keep track of who liked what and who posted what and so on.

People give too much importance on a virtual bullshit. A mere comment that someone leaves on a photo is enough to ruin a relationship nowadays. You know, men have always had a playful eye since the ancient times but the wife did not know about it. Now that there's written proof....oh well :D

Arbėrori
08-23-2012, 09:59 PM
I think for you young generation this is much more a part of life than for those over 20.

True, this girl I met (Loki, I swear she said she was 18), well the first thing she asked me was if I have facebook. I mean what happened to the ol' ''Hey, wanna meet at the parking lot?''... :(

OK just kidding, but seriously!!! :picard1:

Graham
08-23-2012, 10:01 PM
Atleast your mother & aunts don't have Facebook, and then constantly remind you about things you, a friend, or a relative have said on Facebook (whats on Facebook stay on Facebook, dammit). I wish those damned Facebook games were never created!

Had that problem, my dad has facebook. Got in an argument over the monarchy during the jubilee.

I reported him and unfriended the bastard.:D

Alenka
08-23-2012, 10:08 PM
Tell me about it. Should have seen the expression on my face when I got a friendship request from my grandma :eek: lol.

Arbėrori
08-23-2012, 10:08 PM
Had that problem, my dad has facebook. Got in an argument over the monarchy during the jubilee.

I reported him and unfriended the bastard.:D

I can already imagine my father scouting chicks for me online... God forbid he would message them: Hey I am his father, he's well educated, a good champ... Thank god he hasn't got any time for this.:cool:

Arthas
08-23-2012, 10:09 PM
The arguments and drama on people's statuses that I see almost every day makes it all worth it.

Arbėrori
08-23-2012, 10:11 PM
The arguments and drama on people's statuses that I see almost every day makes it all worth it.

Or the drunk statuses... How in the hell did you manage to write gagWdwunk I am yes he3ehe4 before your email adress & password? :picard1:

Graham
08-23-2012, 10:11 PM

Relationship Status:It's complicated :picard1:

Graham
08-23-2012, 10:15 PM
My friends fiancee is not mad at all & uses facebook

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g156/irnbru293/friends.png

Minesweeper
08-23-2012, 10:21 PM
People who beg for a like in the chat box are the most annoying. :picard2:

Annihilus
08-23-2012, 10:31 PM
Fuck Facebook

http://chart.finance.yahoo.com/z?s=FB&t=6m&q=l&l=on&z=l&a=v&p=s&lang=en-US&region=US

Mraz
08-23-2012, 10:34 PM
My best friend is like a sect guru on Facebook he has like 400 people reading his philosophical stuff everyday.

Graham
08-23-2012, 10:35 PM
Am more on twitter these days. It's good, all the local comedians are on it & I can troll annoying politicians or celebs.

Arthas
08-23-2012, 10:38 PM
Am more on twitter these days. It's good, all the local comedians are on it & I can troll annoying politicians or celebs.

Or you can troll Tom Daley and get arrested... :D

Anusiya
08-23-2012, 11:29 PM
To begin with, it's nobody's business to know if one is using facebook or not. But the past couple of years, e-commerce through online social groups is really successful. I know people who nearly got fired or had to make new accounts because their boss was spying on them.

Sikeliot
08-23-2012, 11:41 PM
Facebook also allows a window for non-desirable people to find you and try to maneuver their way into your life. I met someone on there who unfortunately still hassles me to this day. I wish I had not.

Su
08-23-2012, 11:58 PM
I have got also no facebook account.
So does it mean that I potentially ... :icon_ask: :puppy_dp:

spaz
08-24-2012, 12:40 AM
I don't want a Facebook because I find Facebook suspicious.

Jedthehumanoid
08-24-2012, 06:17 AM
I associate it with conflict. More than a few friends have got into trouble over comments.

rhiannon
08-24-2012, 06:35 AM
Facebook has become such a tool.:rolleyes:

Smaland
08-24-2012, 06:58 AM
This is ridiculous. :rolleyes:

I do not have and never have had an account. I like to maintain my privacy, and I don't have the time for one.

Food
08-24-2012, 07:07 AM
lol

Sarmatian
08-24-2012, 07:34 AM
I've never had an account on Facebook and don't see a point of creating one. I enjoy the possibility of being able to give the world a finger and spend my weekend doing... noneofanyonesfreakingbusinesswhat :cool:

Fortis in Arduis
08-24-2012, 09:06 AM
Every time I have had a Fakebook account, I have had to close it almost straight away because it's too invasive. Why do people want the world following their movements?

All those fake friends, and liberals. Bleurgh!!!

Barreldriver
08-24-2012, 09:17 AM
Me ole pappy ain't got no Facebook account.... Would explain the corpses in the woods just on the edge of the property.

Jon Snow
08-24-2012, 05:24 PM
I have long since abandoned my Facebook account, mostly due to the appalling displays of stupidity to be encountered on there at every turn. There's only so many times one can read "omg lyk fuckn get a lyfe haterz yall dont kno me" before the prospect of a global nuclear winter begins to look appealing. :....

Germanicus
08-24-2012, 05:38 PM
I use Facebook, i have friends my own age and i enjoy using it.

Linet
08-24-2012, 05:40 PM
I also have facebook...its easy to be in contact with friends :grouphug: that doesnt live close to me :cry2.

Leadchucker
08-24-2012, 06:10 PM
I have Facebook too but I can't remember why. :picard2:
I visit it everyday but all my stuff is private/friend only,I dont use any apps nor play any games.
It's only what you make it.

Óttar
08-24-2012, 06:15 PM
I have one, but I don't use it unless I absolutely have to. I also don't have any privacy installed, as I figure, I am not ashamed of anything.

Osprey
10-05-2012, 03:53 PM
For professional contact, there are a variety of fora.
No need ofr facebook.
For social life, there is outdoors.

Mans not hot
10-05-2012, 04:08 PM
Any employer or date who would take Facebook that seriously, is someone I probably don’t want to be involved with.

Ozzy
10-05-2012, 04:21 PM

That's what it sounds like to me.

curiousman
10-05-2012, 05:51 PM
I'm not and never was on FB, I don't want to facilitate the work of ...

Frigga
10-05-2012, 06:03 PM
I used to not use Facebook hardly at all. I use it more now, but I refuse to play the games on there, and I don't post nearly as many pictures as my friends and family would like. I just don't think it's a good idea to post tons of pictures of your family online, especially without their permission, which my sister in law is enormously guilty of..... :rant:

Hąkon
10-05-2012, 06:13 PM
I haven't been in need of the services Facebook provides so far, for that reason I have no account on the site.

Kazimiera
10-05-2012, 06:21 PM
Initially I didn't have Facebook, but I've created an account now specifically for Apricity members. I did it mainly to keep in contact whilst the forum was changing.

Germanicus
10-05-2012, 09:01 PM
Facebook is what you make it, the friends i have are all gregarious...i enjoy their company.

Svipdag
10-05-2012, 10:16 PM
Almost every day, I read about someone who has been indiscrete on Facebook with dire consequences, not excluding suicide. I am reticent and value privacy very highly., I won't say whether or not I have anything to hide, but my personal business is just that, MY business.

I mind my own business and expect others to do the same. If that's anti-social these days, SO BE IT ! If I were [God forbid !] a celebrity, i would be in constant trouble with the law for paparazzi-bashing . In this context, bashing = assault and battery.

I was on "My Page" for a while. How enthusiastic I was about THAT can be inferred from the fact that one day I remembered that I hadn't visited my site for three years. I cherish the friends I have, but am not avid for acquiring others.

As Edmund Rostand has Cyrano de Bergerac say, "I watch these others making friends, even as a dog makes friends. I mark the manner of these canine courtesies and think 'My friends are of a cleaner breed. Here comes, thank God, another enemy,' "

I feel that confiding one's inmost thoughts [and secrets] to Facebook falls into the same category.

"AMICI PROBANTVR REBVS ADVERSIS" - LVCIVS ANNAEVS SENECA

Rastko
10-05-2012, 10:18 PM
It's useful in many ways

morski
10-05-2012, 10:26 PM
It's so yesterday.:bored: Google+ ftw.:cool:

Minesweeper
10-05-2012, 10:29 PM
It's easier to communicate with friends, instead of using just a phone or something else.

It's alright and useful, as long as you are not addicted to it.

Lena
10-05-2012, 10:36 PM
Initially I didn't have Facebook, but I've created an account now specifically for Apricity members. I did it mainly to keep in contact whilst the forum was changing.

Interesting. I don't have a FB acct nor I will create one ever. When forum is about to go down, most of ppl I've on my list of friends gave me their e-mails, just in case, two of our members have my cell phone number, if in need. I've no need for a FB acct at all. :noidea:

Graham
10-05-2012, 11:13 PM
Even my Mum (https://www.facebook.com/judith.little.794) has facebook. :P:D Grandparents don't though. :D

Loki
10-07-2012, 01:46 AM
It's useful in many ways

It was useful to communicate with members when the forum went down, and to redirect them to the free forum's link.

Siberian Cold Breeze
10-09-2012, 04:54 PM
I don't have a cellphone too ..Does it make me a criminal?
I am keeping myself connected via net....for now :)

Benacer
10-09-2012, 04:58 PM
I don't have Facebook, but then, I am sort of a social outcast. :P

Leliana
10-09-2012, 06:21 PM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/28070681.jpg

Tabiti
10-09-2012, 06:22 PM
I have a profile only to spy other profiles;)

Wonder
10-10-2012, 02:49 AM
I don't like Facebook, I don't want to share every minutiae of my life like some people do so find it a waste of time! I refuse when my friends tell me to get one -- they can talk to me on the phone or email me instead if they want to tell me something.

beaver
10-10-2012, 06:22 AM
My smartest friends don't have facebook.
One my friend said me one time: The more expensive phone, the more stupid its owner.
:) I'm a fool and have account there because of their spam: Your friends are looking for you on the Facebook. Finally I communicate with only one person via Facebook but he made me one good offering.

Arthas
10-10-2012, 06:34 AM
I know only one person who doesn't have facebook, and he's a shady cunt. Most suspicious guy I know by far. Coincidence? I think not.

1f54142
10-18-2012, 12:01 AM
Definitely a waste of time, i should read more.

Methmatician
10-18-2012, 12:08 AM
http://manuelviens.ca/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Julian-Assange-VS-Mark-Zuckerberg.jpg

Transmontano
10-22-2012, 10:38 PM
Suspicious not to be on Facebook (http://www.nrk.no/kultur-og-underholdning/1.8274127)

Employers and psychologists believe Facebook has become so much a part of society that they consider it suspicious not to be a member of an online community.

M'kay. The DSM supposedly says being normal is a sign of mental illness.

When Mark Zuckerberg & co. Facebook launched in 2004, was regarded as cool if you were a member of the social network.

Now that Facebook has over 900 million active users worldwide expect more as suspicious if they are not members.

According to Internet World Stats there are about 2.3 billion people in the world with internet access.

900 million isn't even half. The 900 million are not normal.

Finance Website Forbes writes that employers are checking on their job applicants are active on social media. Mashable think job seekers without Facebook profile can be suspected of hiding something.

Another suspicion is that Facebook account for a potential employee is so full of drunk pictures and other nonsense that he or she was forced to drop it before the job search was initiated.

The German newspaper Der Tagesspiegel has even gone so far as to point out that James Holmes of cinema massacre in Colorado and Anders Behring Breivik both lacked an active Facebook account.

- The Internet has become a natural part of life, says psychologist Christopher Mills to Der Tagesspiegel.

Find the golden mean

Teknofil.no refers to a swiss study from 2011 in which it appears that "adolescents who use the Internet very little at higher risk of depression than those who are there regularly for up to two hours a day."

According to the study, it is important to find the golden mean on the internet. For high activity on social media is just as worrisome as extremely low activity.

Socialbackers.com shows that over half of the population has a Facebook account. Facebook says that more than 8 percent of the accounts are either fake, counterfeit, or doble.

It should be noted that this weighs heavily in the younger part of society. Facebook is most popular for people aged 18 - 34 years.

First Facebook, then sex

Also in the love life is lacking in Facebook account a bad sign. Slate.com s journalist Emily Yoffee think one should watch out for bed buddies without account on the popular network.

- (...) If you are of a certain age and have met someone you would go to bed with, and the person does not have Facebook, you may have been given a false name. It can be a kind of red flag, says Yoffee.

In a discussion on this topic summarizes she and technology commentator Farhad Majoo that you should check out the Facebook profile of a person before you go to bed with him or her.

Okay. So, it's official. All the people in this article are a bunch of retarded, asinine, base, degenerate, freak throwbacks.

Most cool people don't use Facebook. Period.