PDA

View Full Version : Hello, I'm New Here !

superhorn
08-24-2012, 06:00 PM
I just discovered this very interesting forum . I'm an American, a classical musician , and am of Ukrainian Jewish descent . I'm a non-observant secular Jew , and identify much more with Slavic peoples and Turanians than with Semitic peoples, not that I have anything against Semitic peoples, or any other ethnic groups .
In physical appearance, I am quite Slavic, and could easily pass for any Russian or Ukarainian . I look forward to posting here and seeing what people here have to say.

Sikeliot
08-24-2012, 06:06 PM
welcome :)

Anatolian Eagle
08-24-2012, 06:09 PM
I just discovered this very interesting forum . I'm an American, a classical musician , and am of Ukrainian Jewish descent . I'm a non-observant secular Jew , and identify much more with Slavic peoples and Turanians than with Semitic peoples, not that I have anything against Semitic peoples, or any other ethnic groups .
In physical appearance, I am quite Slavic, and could easily pass for any Russian or Ukarainian . I look forward to posting here and seeing what people here have to say.

Welcome, Ukranian Jewish and identifying as Slavs and Turanians indeed :) Then I assume you have connections to Crimean Karaites and/or Krymchaks?

Legion
08-24-2012, 06:12 PM
Welcome!

I'm also from Ukraine and have 1/2 Jewish ancestry :)

el22
08-24-2012, 06:17 PM
I consider myself more like an emigrant here, rather than a native. Still, welcome from me too.
If you had read a little bit more before writing, you were better off without mentioning that Jew part. But it's not like anyone is anti semitic here either.

Onur
08-24-2012, 08:34 PM
Welcome to the forum.

So, are your ancestors Karaim Turkic Jews? This came to mind when i read "a jew from Ukraine".

Btw, ofc you are not semitic at all but you are a slavo-turk Khazar if you are a jew from Ukraine.

Kazimiera
08-24-2012, 08:37 PM
Welcome! Enjoy the rollercoaster! ;)

Germanicus
08-24-2012, 08:39 PM
Hello and Welcome!......Hold on tightly!

Kazimiera
08-24-2012, 08:42 PM
VERY f*cking tight! :D

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-O9dpB_NP-c8/TcPglplHrfI/AAAAAAAAAB8/ITo1rGgIErY/s1600/rollercoaster.gif

superhorn
08-24-2012, 10:37 PM
I'm not sure, but I very well may have some Karaim/Krymchak ancestry.
My physical appearance is not at all typical of Semitic peoples.
I have a wide,round face, green eyes and brown hair . Green eyes are not common , but sometimes found in Turkic peoples.

Germanicus
08-24-2012, 10:50 PM
I have a wide,round face, green eyes and brown hair . Green eyes are not common , but sometimes found in Turkic peoples.

I am Celtic/nordid, i have green eyes also! :)

superhorn
08-24-2012, 11:14 PM
My mother's mother, the only one of my grandparents who lived long enough for me to know, was born in the Ukrainian city known today as Chernivtsi , which is in south-west Ukraine near the Romanian border in the late 19th century and came to America in the early 20th as a young girl .
When she was born , Chernivtsi was still technically part of the Austro-Hungarian empire , but much of the population was ethnically Ukrainian , with a fair number of Romanians ,too . She spoke German and Yiddish, but could also get by in Romanian and Ukrainian . I'm not sure about my father's side of the family , but I know it was still Ukrainian Jewish , with possibly some Karaim.Krymchak ancestry .

Silent
08-25-2012, 03:56 PM
welcome

dralos
08-25-2012, 04:26 PM
I am Celtic/nordid, i have green eyes also! :)
you have same eye colour as me:D

morski
08-25-2012, 04:31 PM

http://img416.imageshack.us/img416/6646/khotonnuur9pr.jpg

Welcome.:thumb001:

Germanicus
08-25-2012, 04:36 PM
you have same eye colour as me:D

You are my son, what did you expect....Brown eyes! :picard1: