PDA

View Full Version : Loud music

Loki
08-25-2012, 08:50 AM
.. has definitely fallen out of fashion. Would you agree? Seems to have been an '80's thing ...

Absinthe
08-25-2012, 08:53 AM
You mean, loud in terms of volume, or loud in terms of style?

Loki
08-25-2012, 09:01 AM
You mean, loud in terms of volume, or loud in terms of style?

Volume :)

Sikeliot
08-25-2012, 09:02 AM
I think it depends on where you are. I notice a lot of people blasting music in their cars in cities, and in suburbs. In rural areas, like where I am, everything is very quiet. :)

Absinthe
08-25-2012, 09:09 AM
Well, funny that you say that, last night I was out with two friends, we went and sat at a cafe/restaurant in a commercial area of Athens. When we sat down (it was early in the evening) the volume of the music was at tolerable levels.
But within the hour or so, they turned it up so loud that we couldn't listen to each other even if we screamed our lungs out! :eek:

Needless to say we paid and left and went to sit somewhere else. What is wrong with these people? If it isn't a night club, I really don't see the point of turning up the volume so much that people can't hear each other speaking, no?
Isn't chatting the purpose of going to a cafe anyway? If you want to listen to loud music and dance, you go elsewhere, a concert or a club or a rave or something.

I hate people who turn on the volume too high. I want to shoot them. Especially passing cars playing disgusting Turbofolk music driving around the neighbourhood at maximum volume, so loud that the windows of your house are shaking.

I also hate it when the neighbours play their music extra loud. Even if it's not resting hours, you simply have no right to do that if you live in an apartment block where the apartments are close together. Nobody should tolerate your shitty music and especially at unbearable levels, there are also old and ill people who need their quiet, there are students studying, there are people working the night shift who must sleep during the day,etc. It is really a pest. It is such a pity that the Police in Greece takes this sort of thing rather lightly, so there's basically no point in calling them over noise pollution.

I've spent my entire life listening music with my headphones. Whenever I want to max the volume I put on the headphones. I don't like to disturb others with the volume.

rhiannon
08-25-2012, 09:16 AM
If it's too loud, you're too old:D Heh heh heh. You can't tell I came of age in the 80s now, can ya?:wink

Sikeliot
08-25-2012, 09:18 AM
I enjoy loud music, at least at night.

Absinthe
08-25-2012, 09:19 AM
If it's too loud, you're too old:D Heh heh heh. You can't tell I came of age in the 80s now, can ya?:wink
I most definitely too old then. When I sit at a cafe or small restaurant or something I prefer something very discrete music playing in the background, like rock or lounge music. If it's music I don't like (like Turbofolk and "dog" music) or if it's music played too loud, I won't sit there; I'll simply move on to another place.

Mechanolater
08-25-2012, 09:21 AM
We love loud music, here. Living in an apartment building, it's understood that loud music in the day is fine, and after 8 it's only alright if you're having a party. It has to be for a special occasion, too. If people just throw a party for the hell of it and blast their music, everyone in the building gets pissed off. :)

Anusiya
08-25-2012, 09:23 AM
Well, funny that you say that, last night I was out with two friends, we went and sat at a cafe/restaurant in a commercial area of Athens. When we sat down (it was early in the evening) the volume of the music was at tolerable levels.
But within the hour or so, they turned it up so loud that we couldn't listen to each other even if we screamed our lungs out! :eek:

Needless to say we paid and left and went to sit somewhere else. What is wrong with these people? If it isn't a night club, I really don't see the point of turning up the volume so much that people can't hear each other speaking, no?
Isn't chatting the purpose of going to a cafe anyway? If you want to listen to loud music and dance, you go elsewhere, a concert or a club or a rave or something.

I hate people who turn on the volume too high. I want to shoot them. Especially passing cars playing disgusting Turbofolk music driving around the neighbourhood at maximum volume, so loud that the windows of your house are shaking.

I also hate it when the neighbours play their music extra loud. Even if it's not resting hours, you simply have no right to do that if you live in an apartment block where the apartments are close together. Nobody should tolerate your shitty music and especially at unbearable levels, there are also old and ill people who need their quiet, there are students studying, there are people working the night shift who must sleep during the day,etc. It is really a pest. It is such a pity that the Police in Greece takes this sort of thing rather lightly, so there's basically no point in calling them over noise pollution.

I've spent my entire life listening music with my headphones. Whenever I want to max the volume I put on the headphones. I don't like to disturb others with the volume.

1. I hate when they turn the volume up. There's no point in doing that.
2. There is no such thing as "resting hour" any more. Since 2000 somethin I think. :(

Virtuous
08-25-2012, 09:30 AM
We need more metal

REAL METAL.

Loki
08-25-2012, 09:32 AM
disgusting Turbofolk music

It seems to be a Balkan thing :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turbofolk

Turbo-folk is a musical sub-genre that originated in the Balkans. Having mainstream popularity in Serbia, although closely associated with Serbian performers, its sound is as popular in Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Slovenia, Albania, Turkey and Montenegro. Its style is a sub-genre of folk music with dance, Eurodance and/or pop elements (pop-folk, dance-pop etc.), with similar styles in Greece (Laïko and Skiladiko), Romania (Manele), Albania (Tallava), Bulgaria (chalga, pop-folk) and Republic of Macedonia (novokomponirana narodna muzika).

rhiannon
08-25-2012, 09:35 AM
I most definitely too old then. When I sit at a cafe or small restaurant or something I prefer something very discrete music playing in the background, like rock or lounge music. If it's music I don't like (like Turbofolk and "dog" music) or if it's music played too loud, I won't sit there; I'll simply move on to another place.

Loud music is best at home or at a rock concert. In public, volume should be somewhat more discreet.:)

Corvus
08-25-2012, 09:45 AM
Excessive loud music should only be played in rooms or locations which are soundproof or be consumed with headphones, because civilised persons should care about their environment.

Absinthe
08-25-2012, 09:52 AM
LOL wth is "dog music"? :D

Dog music is a translation of "skyladika", a genre that is very popular in Greece, it is sort of like bouzouki mixed with arabesque pop elements.

zFPcBBLQ-PM

This is the dog style of dressing:

http://static.myworld.gr/assets/media/Top/kairos/82084.jpg

http://redkangaroo.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/400_skyladiko1_medium.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_MTUQU4ymWgw/TDb1DbDGTOI/AAAAAAAAA10/WV1pnTbgpsQ/s1600/skyladiko.jpg

Men: unbuttoned shirts, hairy chest, golden chains :D

Women: extremely high stiletto heels, skimpy outfits, golden accessories :D

Loki
08-25-2012, 10:24 AM

That's exactly what I was getting at :)

In the 80's we annoyed our parents with loud music, and everyone else. It was an accepted way of life and people who complained got weird looks ...

Loki
08-25-2012, 10:33 AM
That's exactly what I was getting at :)

In the 80's we annoyed our parents with loud music, and everyone else. It was an accepted way of life and people who complained got weird looks ...

That was in the Anglophone world mainly ... the UK, US, Canada, South Africa, Australia & NZ.

Loki
08-25-2012, 10:39 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_MTUQU4ymWgw/TDb1DbDGTOI/AAAAAAAAA10/WV1pnTbgpsQ/s1600/skyladiko.jpg

Men: unbuttoned shirts, hairy chest, golden chains :D

Women: extremely high stiletto heels, skimpy outfits, golden accessories :D

This seems to be a Balkan thing as well, now I understand why the Albanian people threads are so littered with images like that :D

Duży Zaganiacz
08-25-2012, 01:45 PM
I used to listen to music at very high volume levels when I was a teenager, so now when someone does it I don't complain - as long as they play full songs.

Graus
08-25-2012, 01:49 PM
I am an 80s thing as well, my neighbours can go and fuck themselves.

Siberian Cold Breeze
08-25-2012, 01:49 PM
Depends on my mood ..but i love loud music
it's charging my batteries