PDA

View Full Version : Felix Baumgartner is going to Die..

Graham
10-14-2012, 05:45 PM
...probably.

Anusiya
10-14-2012, 05:50 PM
Why, what, how? Complications? :O

Graham
10-14-2012, 05:52 PM
I know, my Scottish senses are tingling.

Live death on BBC News.

Lábaru
10-14-2012, 06:03 PM
Some day, sure.

Graham
10-14-2012, 06:12 PM
This is mental! so far so good.

Corvus
10-14-2012, 06:17 PM
Austrian hero :thumb001:

Graham
10-14-2012, 06:17 PM
SOOO AMAZING!!

Tabiti
10-14-2012, 06:18 PM
One is sure: he's going to die rich...

Corvus
10-14-2012, 06:19 PM
It was calculated risk, I knew he is going to survive,
anyway very couragious attempt

Annihilus
10-14-2012, 06:24 PM
Damn I missed it:mad:

Great achievement:thumb001::thumb001:

curiousman
10-14-2012, 06:36 PM
Austrian hero :thumb001:

Baumgartner for president :)

Annihilus
10-14-2012, 07:16 PM
What Joe Kittinger did was in a way far cooler because it was done with sixties technology. He had a leak in his glove but didn't want to abort the jump so he duct-taped it and didn't tell anybody.:eek:

CmmUqTU-Vmg

Octothorpe
10-15-2012, 12:28 PM
Good job, Mr. Baumgartner! I'm glad that records are still there to be broken. BTW, Mr. Kittinger, the previous record holder, was asked to be part of Baumgartner's team (a consultant). I thought that was a classy action, to include the old man.

Leliana
10-15-2012, 12:43 PM
No, he wasn't going to die because we Austrians and Germans know what we do and how we do it. :cool: Good plannings and preparations and precise actions are our profession!

First man faster than sonic without plane: Achievement unlocked! :thumbs

http://nicodima.blog.bg/photos/81081/thumb.jpg

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02364/baumgartner_2364768b.jpg

http://www.augsburger-allgemeine.de/img/22337046-1350274923000/topTeaser_crop_Felix-Baumgartner-dpa-I.jpg

http://bilder.augsburger-allgemeine.de/img/22337056-1350274725000/topTeaser_crop_Felix-Baumgartner-afp-I.jpg

http://polpix.sueddeutsche.com/bild/1.1496026.1350278843/560x315/felix-baumgartner.jpg

Anusiya
10-15-2012, 12:49 PM
Austrians are not the same with Germans.

Leliana
10-15-2012, 01:14 PM
Uhm, how about to shut the crap up, unknown type from the unknown place of 'Yunanistan' at the a** end of nowhere? :picard1: I'm Austrian and German and our people belong together in culture, ethnicity, language and considering the historical context.

Felix Baumgartner did a great job!

Anusiya
10-15-2012, 01:15 PM
Uhm, how about to shut the crap up, unknown type from the unknown place of 'Yunanistan' at the a** end of nowhere? :picard1: I'm Austrian and German and ourpeople belong together in culture, ethnicity, language and historical context.

Felix Baumgartner did a great job!

Sorry, actually I meant to say "Austrians are not the same as Germans."

Yes, he did a fantastic job.

Corvus
10-15-2012, 01:30 PM

Austrians are South Germans, no one can deny that

horizontick
10-16-2012, 10:26 AM
I do not understand this universal masturbation on this event. Technically, this jump is not harder than a normal parachute jump. The only difference is in height. Impressionable topic was named this topic: "Death in the air", although less likely to die than a conventional parachute jump. Months of preparation and millions of dollars invested in security, could not prevent the death of Felix. Therefore, I believe the jump from 4 kilometers far more dangerous than the jump from 40 kilometers. Any regular army paratrooper has much larger eggs in this regard. Paratrooper parachute and he puts his safety depends only on one person. Felix followed for hundreds of people.
There is a difference between a jump of 4 kilometers and a jump from between 400 kilometers. But there is no difference between 40 kilometers and 4 kilometers.
With regard to the complexity of the jump, then cope with this task, even a monkey or a dog. Ordinary pop, which happily eats stupid impressionable and uneducated rednecks.
For these people, are these "events." However, as always..:)

Annihilus
10-16-2012, 10:35 AM
I do not understand this universal masturbation on this event. Technically, this jump is not harder than a normal parachute jump. The only difference is in height. Impressionable topic was named this topic: "Death in the air", although less likely to die than a conventional parachute jump. Months of preparation and millions of dollars invested in security, could not prevent the death of Felix. Therefore, I believe the jump from 4 kilometers far more dangerous than the jump from 40 kilometers. Any regular army paratrooper has much larger eggs in this regard. Paratrooper parachute and he puts his safety depends only on one person. Felix followed for hundreds of people.
There is a difference between a jump of 4 kilometers and a jump from between 400 kilometers. But there is no difference between 40 kilometers and 4 kilometers.
With regard to the complexity of the jump, then cope with this task, even a monkey or a dog. Ordinary pop, which happily eats stupid impressionable and uneducated rednecks. However, as always.:)

Well, Americans first put monkey in space and you put first human in space but you did pr too, pretty face. But people behind it was awsome, technology was was awsome, the race was awsome.

And now, really I should cry, wtf is this. When I was a little kid I was dreaming about man in space. Fucking parachute jump, you are right.

Graham
10-16-2012, 10:37 AM
Fucking Killjoys! :mad:

Annihilus
10-16-2012, 10:47 AM

No really, we should be ashamed that after what this man did, we can only repeat it for a publicity stunt. All we did was building better bombs:picard2:

Z8RRkMsHOMU

horizontick
10-16-2012, 11:30 AM

I expected that someone would write something like that. Go back to your twitter.(Or facebook?) and continue to write nonsense and "very valuable" comments.
The jump was crap. It's not even a "leap from space" - as the ignorant journalists write. Cosmos is much higher than 40 km.
Although, maybe I envy this guy. If I had a lot of extra money, I would have committed such loud and unnecessary event.

Corvus
10-16-2012, 11:44 AM
With regard to the complexity of the jump, then cope with this task, even a monkey or a dog. Ordinary pop, which happily eats stupid impressionable and uneducated rednecks.
For these people, are these "events." However, as always..:)

If it is so easygoing try it yourself

Svipdag
10-17-2012, 02:29 AM
Of course, he is. Who isn't ?

Seriously, though, I did not expect him to survive. It was a very long and dangerous free-fall. It is clear that he knew the dangers in advance and was prepared for them, though the spin seems to have caught him by surprise.

Still, "The best-laid plans of mice and men......". Something can always go wrong. It was very risky, and whatever his motive in undertaking it, undeniably required great courage. I say "BRAVO !"

"It seems most strange to me that men should fear, seeing that death, a necessary end, will come when it will come." - William Shakespeare

Anusiya
10-17-2012, 02:45 AM
His stunt was so planned that if something went wrong, would top FAILBLOG's charts for decades to come.

Nonetheless (here-here, ehem..) it's a new top record. Congratulations to Red Bull. :D