Methmatician
11-02-2012, 11:14 AM
Bosnia:
Bosnian war (I guess)

Australia:
Stolen Generation

ChildOfTheJin
11-02-2012, 11:31 AM
I'm not sure if this was the most racist moment of my country but when Arbil FC was playing against a Iraqi team, instead of the Kurds cheering for Arbil, they were shouting "fuck the Turks" lol

MagnaLaurentia
11-02-2012, 08:43 PM
Québec from 1970 to 1995 (according to anglophone from Montréal... haha)

sevruk
11-02-2012, 08:47 PM
Russia:always

Damião de Góis
11-02-2012, 09:36 PM
Portugal : Age of Discovery
Spain : Reconquista

There was no Spain when the Reconquista started, and Portugal was created during.

As for a racist moment, i don't think the age of discovery could be considered as such since it was mostly about sailling to uncharted lands.

A racist moment would be for example the 1506 massacre of Lisbon where hundreds of people died accused of being jews.

Atlas
11-02-2012, 09:45 PM
Racist moment ? Vichy 1940-1944
Nah, not Napoléon, I know he's been compared to Hitler but he had no plans on annihilating a whole religious group, gay, or anyone else, although he indeed brought back slavery which was banned after the French Revolution : "All men born free and equal in right..."

Graus
11-02-2012, 10:36 PM
I am pretty sure our most racist moment is right now, at least if you believe the leftist press and other whiny spinelss pc worshippers that is.

StonyArabia
11-02-2012, 10:42 PM
Russia: Russification, forced assimilation and deportation one of the largest in the world on May 21, 1864. After that Russia annexed most of the NorthWest Caucasus, and then the Caucasus. A legacy of Russifcation still continues. The language is threatened to be extinct. Sadly. Anyways I have been there good place just want it free like anyone would want his or homeland to be so.

Canada: various outbursts of racism but there was never a strong or a politically sanctioned racist institution. However the conflict between White Anglo-Canadians and Franco-Canadians does and will continue to shape the politics of this country.

EagleAtHeart
11-09-2012, 04:27 AM
Québec from 1970 to 1995 (according to anglophone from Montréal... haha)

In Quebecois history wouldn't it be the Lord Durham's Report where he basically called you uncivilized animals and suggested British immigration to essentially assimilate/eradicate the French?

Otherwise, the Chinese Exclusion Act has got to be up there, along with the Indian segregation Laws and Japanese internment.

MagnaLaurentia
11-09-2012, 11:30 PM
In Quebecois history wouldn't it be the Lord Durham's Report where he basically called you uncivilized animals and suggested British immigration to essentially assimilate/eradicate the French?

Otherwise, the Chinese Exclusion Act has got to be up there, along with the Indian segregation Laws and Japanese internment.

Yep, I know that son of a bitch. This is probably one of the most racist moments in the English Canada against the French Canada. Tell yourself that for the most educated among us (Quebecers) who remember this moment of humiliation in our history... someone will have to pay one day.

Peyrol
11-09-2012, 11:32 PM
1938 i presume:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manifesto_of_Race

Black Panther
09-16-2017, 11:55 AM
Swedish eugenics programs in the 20th century.
Brazilian slavery, Whitening policy and Amerindian genocide (16th to mid 20th century)

Black Panther
09-16-2017, 11:56 AM
Brazilian slavery, Whitening policy and Amerindian genocide (16th to mid 20th century)

Sp_loa
09-20-2017, 10:28 AM
Israel was almost always racist in the first years...
Even towards jews. for example:
1. The government abducted yemenite jews children cause "they have too many" and the country needed some money so they sold these children for adoption abroad/ some say to experiments that checked how nuclear radiation affects humans (1950-1960)
2. they country abducted north African jews from schools and forced them to have radiotherapy on their heads by calming they have skin disease on their head. most of the people never had this undgngerous skin disease but a lot got cancer and died because of those treatments (1950-1960).

kingjohn
09-20-2017, 10:45 AM
it is still racist
never was a prime minister who was not aschenazi
you are correct about the things
you said
i can understand your pain as i am part mizrachi and i know
but still it is our home
a lot of antisemitism in the world
and in the net oh gosh ......
regards
Adam

Sp_loa
09-20-2017, 11:19 AM
it is still racist
never was a prime minister who was not aschenazi
you are correct about the things
you said
i can understand your pain as i am part mizrachi and i know
but still it is our home
a lot of antisemitism in the world
and in the net oh gosh ......
regards
Adam

I don't hate this country. Israel will always be my home but on the other hand I do want to leave this country because I believe my life will be much better in other places.

And about the Ashkenazi vs Mizrahi and Sephardi, there is alot of racism.
I won't forgert that My uncle once told me: "we might look ashkenazi, because of our light skin and eyes, but our surname will always shout who we really are.."
like we need to hide it or something, I have an ancestry tree that shows how my ancestors had this surname since the 14th century, in mallorca, spain, how they escaped the inquisition and ran away from spain to portugal and then to Morocco so why I need to feel like my surname can only ruin things for me.

I'm sorry but I prefer to feel antisemtism from non jews people than to feel antisemtisim from Jews like me and you just because "I was born to the wrong Jewish group".

My family never really felt this dicrimination, two of my uncles have professor degree, one has big company in Chaina, and the rest of my family has atleast bachelor degree.
my cousin and brother learn in private university abroad and I aim to be like them too.
But I still know it would be much easier for me if I were ashkenazi, and I almost cried when I heard that my grandmother had to hide from the goverment because they wanted to do to her radiotherapy on her head.
I felt like I have heard a holocaust story. Luckly for her she escaped from the goverment but other died because of this...

My family was never weak and my grandparents never stoped their life and shouted discrimination, thats why they succeeded.
but I still want to live in a place where racism and homophobia barely exist , and where religion is not an integrally part of the state.

crazyladybutterfly
09-20-2017, 11:32 AM
I don't hate this country. Israel will always be my home but on the other hand I do want to leave this country because I believe my life will be much better in other places.

I won't forgert that My uncle once told me: "we might look ashkenazi, because of our light skin and eyes, but our surname will always shout who we really are.."
like we need to hide it or something, I have an ancestry tree that shows how my ancestors had this surname since the 14th century, in mallorca, spain, how they escaped the inquisition and ran away from spain to portugal and then to Morocco so why I need to feel like my surname can only ruin things for me.

I'm sorry but I prefer to feel antisemtism from non jews people than to feel antisemtisim from Jews like me and you just because "I was born to the wrong Jewish group".

My family never really felt this dicrimination, two of my uncles have professor degree, one has big company in Chaina, and the rest of my family has atleast bachelor degree.
my cousin and brother learn in private university abroad and I aim to be like them too.
But I still know it would be much easier for me if I were ashkenazi, and I almost cried when I heard that my grandmother had to hide from the goverment because they wanted to do to her radiotherapy on her head.
I felt like I have heard a holocaust story. Luckly for her she escaped from the goverment but other died because of this...

My family was never weak and my grandparents never stoped their life and shouted discrimination, thats why they succeeded.
but I still want to live in a place where racism and homophobia barely exist , and where religion is not an integrally part of the state.

it seems like they did even worse to yemeni jews i heard . like they stole their children in clinics by making the parents believe the child was dead and giving it to ashkenazi rich families who couldnt have them

do you know if this is true/proven ?

crazyladybutterfly
09-20-2017, 11:36 AM

are thee still many racists against the saamis? i know 2 swedes who dislike this ethnicity and considers them like other europeans see/discriminate the romanis , but they re nazis .

crazyladybutterfly
09-20-2017, 11:42 AM
fascist era obviously but previous decades of colonialism arent much better , italian soldiers used to take as slaves native black women , some as young as 12 , and use them as sex slaves
but it was the local themselves who bought them.

a famous journal editor of right wing , admitted that when he was in his 20s he bought a 12 years old girl as his personal slave , and he said this proudly with no remorse , then he sold this girl to a local man ... the feminists made a manifestation against him back in the 70s i think.

Sp_loa
09-20-2017, 11:48 AM
it seems like they did even worse to yemeni jews i heard . like they stole their children in clinics by making the parents believe the child was dead and giving it to ashkenazi rich families who couldnt have them

do you know if this is true/proven ?

The government will open the files only in 60 years from now (sarcastically- I wonder why...).
there are documents that proves it, In addition there are some families that were able to take their children back(they ran after the nurses that took their children).
I Know one Yemenite guy who was abducted when he was 3 years old( he looked younger) so he remembered his family and he eventually did find them.
And even some nurses (the ones that abducted the children) did admit.
so even if the government will deny it (and they do) everybody knows the truth.

p.s - I'm sorry for my terrible english. I need to improve it badly if I want to study abroad lol :p

Peterski
09-20-2017, 11:54 AM

You can apply for Spanish citizenship:

https://certificadosefardies.fcje.org/requisitos.php?idioma=en

https://certificadosefardies.fcje.org/faq.php

kingjohn
09-20-2017, 12:02 PM

what i will say man
my surname is mizrachi no easy life for me
and i have the pain of the Holocaust { which will never leave my mind believe me{ my grandmother is aschenazi} }
so i was fucked up from 2 directions . :(
i can understand your pain and i wish you the best in Europe or America or whenever you want to learn and live
kind regards
adam

crazyladybutterfly
09-20-2017, 12:03 PM
The government will open the files only in 60 years from now (sarcastically- I wonder why...).
there are documents that proves it, In addition there are some families that were able to take their children back(they ran after the nurses that took their children).
I Know one Yemenite guy who was abducted when he was 3 years old( he looked younger) so he remembered his family and he eventually did find them.

p.s - I'm sorry for my terrible english. I need to improve it badly if I want to study abroad lol :p

your english is perfectly understandable and better than mine even. it s very good if you re only 15/16

crazyladybutterfly
09-20-2017, 12:04 PM

what do you think about the compulsory military services ? do you agree with it ? do you agree with israeli politics towards the palestinians ?

Mouflon
09-20-2017, 12:42 PM
are thee still many racists against the saamis? i know 2 swedes who dislike this ethnicity and considers them like other europeans see/discriminate the romanis , but they re nazis .

Well, I have no idea about Sweden but I was working/studying in Northern Finland (close to Oulu, so "Finnish" part, not in proper Lapland, where I went sightseeing).
All rural Finns I knew hated the "mustalainen" (gypsies), a lot, and always made jokes about them stealing stuff and being persecuted by the police as people do in Spain. As for Saami people, they just don't see them as Finnish and they don't like them (their vests, hardly non-Christian traditions and language). That was what I got being there when I (ofc) asked.

Linebacker
09-20-2017, 02:36 PM
During Communism was a operation called "The Revival Process" in which the army and police collectively was sent to the Turkish and Pomak minority towns and forcefully changed their names from Muslim names to Bulgarian names.

The ones who refused were either shot,beaten to death or sent to labor camps,until Turkey agreed to open their borders to the ones who didn't want to give up their identity and offered them citizenship.