PDA

View Full Version : New DLC for Crusader Kings 2

Sultan Suleiman
11-05-2012, 05:31 PM
Sunset Invasion (http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/11/01/aztek-no-prisoners-crusader-kings-ii-sunset-invasion/)

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/images/2012/11/cks2aztecs.jpg

Here’s the inevitable pagan DLC for Crusader Kings II then. I’ll just take a quick look at the feature list: human sacrifice…Mesoamerican Menace? That second part doesn’t with my preconceived notions as to what this next expansion includes. “Brings the savage, blood drenched Aztec civilization to European shores, determined to wreak carnage on its inhabitants”? This might not be the pagan DLC I expected after all, but rather a fantastical alternate history upheaval of the sort never before seen in a Paradox grand strategy game. Set your eyes below the break for more info on what the Aztec invasion might mean for the ever-warring folks of the Old World.

The Aztecs will be a mid-to-late game force, invading from the West and no doubt making Spain even more of a mess than it usually is by that point. Rather than bringing potatoes and tobacco, the Aztecs are bringing blood-hungry gods and a “terrible disease”, which is nice of them. Essentially, they’re not that much different to the Europeans but in this retelling of the tale, they hopped on their boats first. Probably because they weren’t interbreeding and dropping their own children out of windows quite as often. That sort of thing tends to curtail the launch of a bold Age of Discovery. Crusader Kings II’s events tend to be more akin to an Age of Dysentery than Discovery.

It does seem like the first expansion that I won’t necessarily want to use every time I start a new game, although that’s not to say I won’t be trying it out straight away when it’s released on November 15th. It’d be a far larger undertaking, but I do wish this had been used as a mad springboard to add America to the CKII map. I always want more, greedy little sod that I am. Sunset Invasion will be $4.99 and I’ll see about revisiting the game sometime around the end of the month and examining how significantly months of patching and expanding have changed it.

I’ve been playing around with the Legacy of Rome expansion recently – factions are brilliant, bulking out plots and intrigue and giving lowly rulers far more to do and the greater powers far more to keep the thousand eyes of their spymasters trained on. I haven’t been continuing the diary due to a combination of distractions and a lost save file. So, there’s a reminder of one of my many failures. Go me!

It all ended with infanticide. It always ends with infanticide.

P.C.: Will you guys be buying this DLC?

Pallantides
11-06-2012, 05:56 PM
Europe would have been more awesome today if this happened. :D

Flintlocke
11-06-2012, 06:13 PM
No way, Legacy of Rome brought good balance in the game with the plot and intrigue system, there's no revolts every second day and when they do happen it's a real challenge, but this thing seems very weird.

Hurrem sultana
11-06-2012, 06:18 PM
no life :D

Sultan Suleiman
11-08-2012, 08:39 PM
no life :D

Maybe so, but I control the faiths of tens of thousands of pixel people in that game. So I say it's a good trade off.

Blackout
11-11-2012, 04:05 PM
Maybe so, but I control the faiths of tens of thousands of pixel people in that game. So I say it's a good trade off.

Is this game anything like 'Unreal Tournament'?

Flintlocke
11-11-2012, 05:49 PM
No it's a strategy game, you play on a map.

Sultan Suleiman
11-11-2012, 08:28 PM
Is this game anything like 'Unreal Tournament'?

lpAYY3BvviE

cle3Vxjl5Vc

3kX5ggw5AIU

e1BVW14qXNE

8xIxrx5i1To

eCQRIl9McAU

PvO50GYniiI

Blackout
11-12-2012, 06:31 PM
No it's a strategy game, you play on a map.

Oh I see, thanks! It's a 'thinking' game like chess?

lpAYY3BvviE

cle3Vxjl5Vc

3kX5ggw5AIU

e1BVW14qXNE

8xIxrx5i1To

eCQRIl9McAU

PvO50GYniiI

Cheers! I'll check these videos out when I'm on a different computer, as I can't see 'Embedded' videos for some reason (although I can upload them)!

If you ever get the chance, play 'Unreal Tournament' (1999). Some of the best levels are 'Morpheus' and 'Facing Worlds'. Get the sniper rifle and go to the top. If you get someone in the head, it's a HEADSHOT, and it should look something like this:

http://www.gamestar.hu/apix/0811/unrealtournament.jpg

Get more than one person in quick concession and they acknowledge Double Kill, Multi Kill, Mega Kill, Ultra Kill, Monster Kill. The last acknowledgement I don't care to say!

You will also be awarded 'Sprees' in the form of the following:

- Killing Spree! 5 kills
- Rampage! 10 kills
- Dominating! 15 kills
- Unstoppable! 20 kills
- *** Like! 25 kills

Trust me, you guys don't know what your missing out on! At one point, this game took over my life!!! :rofl_002:

Sultan Suleiman
11-23-2012, 08:16 PM
Well if this DLC thought me anything it is that Scandinavians, Anglos and Fench would be fucked if Aztecs had ever invaded.

Seriously they exterminated Scotts in my game under 20 minutes, destroyed Rome and had most of Scandinavia under them in mater of an hour :(

The DLC is broken and Aztecs are OP, wait for patch before purchase.

Sultan Suleiman
11-23-2012, 09:05 PM
http://www.twitch.tv/paradoxinteractive/b/340355665

Blackout
11-24-2012, 01:34 AM
Interesting game... :icon_wink: