PDA

View Full Version : Is there any reason to...

Osprey
11-21-2012, 12:43 PM
celebrate events with which we don't have a direct involvement ?
Why celebrating nature's course, which is obviously gonna happen anyways, or someone's else's hard work?

Sol Invictus
11-21-2012, 01:28 PM
celebrate events with which we don't have a direct involvement ?

An example?

Why celebrating nature's course, which is obviously gonna happen anyways,

What is nature's course according to your understanding of it?

or someone's else's hard work?

An example?

ficuscarica
11-21-2012, 01:32 PM
Are you referring to Thanksgiving? It is directed towards God and expresses thankfulness for creating and maintaining the universe and our food supply.

Osprey
11-21-2012, 02:04 PM
An example?

What is nature's course according to your understanding of it?

An example?

Lets say, some diehard democrat was stagnating under bush. Then came obama and this guy breathed relief. But, he did not vote. He simply celebrated nature's course. If he had something to do with it, then i would understand, but since he didnt and obama won because of someone else's votes , why is he happy?

Sol Invictus
11-21-2012, 02:08 PM
Because he is a democrat, and a democrat won.

If Plato was somehow resurrected, even if I had no part in it, I'd be happy too.

Osprey
11-21-2012, 02:12 PM
then you subconsiously believe in chaos theory. That says that even a hummingbird flapping wings in madagascar can cause volcanic eruption in indonesia or tornado in colorado. Simply speaking it means, your smallest of actions influence everythinh around you

Sol Invictus
11-21-2012, 02:15 PM
then you subconsiously believe in chaos theory. That says that even a hummingbird flapping wings in madagascar can cause volcanic eruption in indonesia or tornado in colorado. Simply speaking it means, your smallest of actions influence everythinh around you

I consciously believe in the chaos theory. The rest of your post is nonsense. And here I was, hoping to engage in some actual philosophizing with someone on TA. Silly me.

Osprey
11-21-2012, 02:23 PM
I consciously believe in the chaos theory. The rest of your post is nonsense. And here I was, hoping to engage in some actual philosophizing with someone on TA. Silly me.
Your intellectual capability is very limited. I don't think you understood what i wrote let alone speculate anything. Goodbye, dear sir. I don't know how Pyschonaut managed to retain his sanity with little gibberlings like you.