PDA

View Full Version : Where are you from?

evon
11-30-2012, 06:24 PM
Simple...just vote its anonymous..created to survey TA based on this thread:

http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63921

For immigrants, if you are unmixed you can vote your ancestry (example Turks should vote Middle east), if you are mixed (Americans, ect) you can vote your resident country.

Belenus
11-30-2012, 06:33 PM
I'm from Brisbane city, of the state of Queensland, of the Commonwealth of Australia. Ancestry is from Ireland and Scotland, though.

evon
11-30-2012, 06:34 PM
I'm from Brisbane city, of the state of Queensland, of the Commonwealth of Australia. Ancestry is from Ireland and Scotland, though.

Nuts, i deleted Oceania.. Mods could you please add it to the poll...?

Smaug
11-30-2012, 06:35 PM
São Paulo, Brazilian Highlands, Southeastern Brazil.
Ancestry: Scotland, England, Italy, France, Portugal and Lithuania.

evon
11-30-2012, 06:38 PM
Note that ancestry dosnt matter unless you are a un-mixed immigrant in which case i would ask you to vote on the region from where you immigrated..Turks should vote Middle east as an example. if you are mixed you can vote where you live..

Geni
11-30-2012, 06:38 PM
Balkans..Albania..if I had 1 chance to reborn, I´d like Albanian

Englisc
11-30-2012, 06:42 PM

My ancestry: I am English and 1/16th Irish. The English side probably has Angles and Danish Vikings aswell as native Celts.

evon
11-30-2012, 06:43 PM

My ancestry: I am English and 1/16th Irish. The English side probably has Angles and Danish Vikings aswell as native Celts.

Western Europe then..

Queen B
11-30-2012, 06:43 PM
South Europe who is missing from the poll.

evon
11-30-2012, 06:44 PM
South Europe who is missing from the poll.

Balkan includes Greece..I only separated Italy into its own..

Englisc
11-30-2012, 06:46 PM
Western Europe then..
Yeah, that's what I voted for.

The poll already has a lot of options, but how about Northern Europe?

evon
11-30-2012, 07:00 PM
Yeah, that's what I voted for.

The poll already has a lot of options, but how about Northern Europe?

Nah, dont want us Nordics mixing with yah wogs :P jk* maybe i should have separated UK from Western europe?

Neanderthal
11-30-2012, 07:02 PM
Western Europe and North-America.

Svipdag
11-30-2012, 07:04 PM
I was born about 35 miles (56 km.) from where I now live. Although I have travelled widely, my legal residence has always been in Connecticut . I have lived at my present address for 56 years .

" 'Mid pleasures and palaces though we may roam, be it ever so humble, there's no place like home." - John Howard Payne

alb0zfinest
11-30-2012, 07:04 PM
The "bad ass" Balkan area
Southern Montenegro, greater Albania :D specifically

evon
11-30-2012, 07:06 PM
I think Balkan is third only to America and UK here...weird actually..

Dacul
11-30-2012, 07:10 PM
Eastern Europe.
Only romanians from extreme South of Romania and those from south-east Romania are balkanics.

Querubín
11-30-2012, 07:10 PM
Iberia

Peyrol
11-30-2012, 07:11 PM

For immigrants, if you are unmixed you can vote your ancestry (example Turks should vote Middle east), if you are mixed (Americans, ect) you can vote your resident country.

From there:

http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Map_Region_of_Piemonte.svg

http://www.europa-planet.com/images/cartes/regions_italie/piemont.gif

http://images.ownersdirect.co.uk/rl92.jpg

Comte Arnau
11-30-2012, 07:12 PM
Iberia je Western Europe. :D

Jackson
11-30-2012, 07:13 PM
I always thought UK was in northern Europe, or northwestern Europe? But i guess i'll vote Western Europe then.

Kazimiera
11-30-2012, 07:14 PM
Nuts, i deleted Oceania.. Mods could you please add it to the poll...?

Added.

What about someone like me? My ancestry is from Central/Eastern Europe but I live in Sub-Saharan Africa. Which do I vote?

Rouxinol
11-30-2012, 07:18 PM
Iberia je Western Europe. :D

This.

evon
11-30-2012, 07:35 PM
Added.

What about someone like me? My ancestry is from Central/Eastern Europe but I live in Sub-Saharan Africa. Which do I vote?

Sub-Sahara, this is after all not a Ancestry poll as such, its more a locations post, but i guess you could also vote central Europe if you are Polish/German (if i remember right?), as thats not really a big difference as such, its worse if you are mixed like most Americans are between multiple ethnic groups..

Anatolian Eagle
11-30-2012, 07:36 PM

I guess Anatolia falls unders Middle East but Turks usually identify with Anatolia and Anatolia isn't neccesarly considered as Middle Eastern, but rather as an independent region between Balkans, Caucasus and Middle East. I think there should be seperate option named 'Anatolia'.

Kazimiera
11-30-2012, 07:37 PM
Then I will vote SSA because I live here.

evon
11-30-2012, 07:42 PM
I guess Anatolia falls unders Middle East but Turks usually identify with Anatolia and Anatolia isn't neccesarly considered as Middle Eastern, but rather as an independent region between Balkans, Caucasus and Middle East. I think there should be seperate option named 'Anatolia'.

Iknow Turks like to separate themselves from the Arab countries, but the fact is that Turkey is a middle eastern country (most of it lies in the middle east, with small parts in Balkan and Caucasus), so you should vote middle east..its funny as it seems be to the same problem Greeks have with Balkan :P

evon
11-30-2012, 07:45 PM
Then I will vote SSA because I live here.

Black Power guuuuurl!

http://files.coloribus.com/files/adsarchive/part_353/3537855/file/malzbier-dark-beer-black-power-small-78000.jpg

Tarja
11-30-2012, 07:48 PM
Northern Europe. But it isn't there.

evon
11-30-2012, 11:09 PM
Northern Europe. But it isn't there.

Western Europe it is then...
We have 4 Central Asians here? where are they from? please dont tell me its Turks :picard1:

Graham
11-30-2012, 11:21 PM
Balkan Invasion

Jackson
11-30-2012, 11:22 PM
So... The Apricity is basically the Balkans in miniature? :D

Jackson
11-30-2012, 11:23 PM
Touche.

Tarja
11-30-2012, 11:24 PM
Western Europe it is then...
We have 4 Central Asians here? where are they from? please dont tell me its Turks :picard1:

No, it isn't.

Anyway, I shall abstain since there isn't a suitable option.

evon
11-30-2012, 11:35 PM
No, it isn't.

Anyway, I shall abstain since there isn't a suitable option.

Its your choice, but i decided to use Western Europe rather then Northern Europe because i wanted to see how many Nordic people there were here..no problems with being Western European, UK is included in many such regional designations..but in the UN one they use Northern Europe..

kabeiros
11-30-2012, 11:44 PM
What if we are Greeks who trace their origin in Asia Minor? Balkans or Middle East?

Damião de Góis
11-30-2012, 11:54 PM
Southwest part of Iberia.

Slycooper
11-30-2012, 11:56 PM
Canada! I'm born in my Native Country. Well half anyway:)

evon
11-30-2012, 11:57 PM
What if we are Greeks who trace their origin in Asia Minor? Balkans or Middle East?

How far back are we talking? if you are descendants from unmixed pontid Greeks i guess you can vote Middle east..but this is not rocket science, so dont worry..

PS; i now am convinced Turks are voting central Asia just to be idiots, well the joke is on you, just goes to prove how nutty you guys are :P

Anatolian Eagle
11-30-2012, 11:58 PM

Middle East; because for some odd reason (!) Turks want to seperate themselves from Arabs, which is the reason why Anatolia should be considered as part of Middle East because Turks shouldn't seperate themselves from Arabs. So this automatically make Anatolian Greeks part of Middle East aswell according to Evonpedia.

Tarja
12-01-2012, 12:02 AM
Its your choice, but i decided to use Western Europe rather then Northern Europe because i wanted to see how many Nordic people there were here..no problems with being Western European, UK is included in many such regional designations..but in the UN one they use Northern Europe..

I know. :) No problems with being Western indeed, I just don't feel that it's an entirely accurate description for me. I'll put "other".

evon
12-01-2012, 12:02 AM
Middle East; because for some odd reason (!) Turks want to seperate themselves from Arabs, which is the reason why Anatolia should be considered as part of Middle East because Turks shouldn't seperate themselves from Arabs. So this automatically make Anatolian Greeks part of Middle East aswell according to Evonpedia.

Middle east is not the best geographical designation in the world, but it fits with Turkey, i would not create a category Just for turkey, i did it with Italy because i wanted to separate them from Iberia and Balkans, but really i should have fused Iberia and Italy..big deal, you guys are middle eastern, just like i am Nordic...oh no i have to share a geographical designation with peoples whom are not Norwegian..help somebody call NASA.. seriously.. :picard1:

Visigodo Español
12-01-2012, 12:06 AM
I'm from Nü Yawk!

http://thumbs.trulia-cdn.com/pictures/thumbs_3/ps.45/a/3/f/d/picture-uh=6294e1cab4e5cf9f4e2851ca33ae8-ps=a3fd64be502b97878ab2d31a2a635ad6--Forest-Ave-Staten-Island-NY-10302.jpg

kabeiros
12-01-2012, 12:08 AM
How far back are we talking? if you are descendants from unmixed pontid Greeks i guess you can vote Middle east..but this is not rocket science, so dont worry..
What differntiates Pontic Greeks from the rest of Anatolian Greeks? If you mean that Pontic Greeks are not Greeks at all, you are wrong. They are Greeks + natives of Pontus, which means something like Greeks + Georgians, so if anything you should include them in Caucasus, not Middle East.
Anyway I'm a Greek from Middle East if that suits your agenda...

Anatolian Eagle
12-01-2012, 12:11 AM
Middle east is not the best geographical designation in the world, but it fits with Turkey, i would not create a category Just for turkey, i did it with Italy because i wanted to separate them from Iberia and Balkans, but really i should have fused Iberia and Italy..big deal, you guys are middle eastern, just like i am Nordic...oh no i have to share a geographical designation with peoples whom are not Norwegian..help somebody call NASA.. seriously.. :picard1:

Anatolia has been homeland of various nations such as Turks, Greeks, Armenians, Lazs, Georgians etc. which has barely to do with Middle East. I don't have any issues with being called Middle Eastern calm down. I just happen to see Anatolia as seperate region because it's more like a harmony between Caucasus, Middle East and Balkans and geographically is in different position.

evon
12-01-2012, 12:17 AM
What differntiates Pontic Greeks from the rest of Anatolian Greeks? If you mean that Pontic Greeks are not Greeks at all, you are wrong. They are Greeks + natives of Pontus, which means something like Greeks + Georgians, so if anything you should include them in Caucasus, not Middle East.
Anyway I'm a Greek from Middle East if that suits your agenda...

Honestly i am not that informed about the origins of Pontid Greeks, i assumed they were Greek from Anatolia, but if you feel they are closer to Georgia then you are probably right..But If you are born in Greece ect you fall within the same clause as i said for immigrants, which i guess would mean you should choose Balkan..its upto you..

Anatolia has been homeland of various nations such as Turks, Greeks, Armenians, Lazs, Georgians etc. which has barely to do with Middle East. I don't have any issues with being called Middle Eastern calm down. I just happen to see Anatolia as seperate region because it's more like a harmony between Caucasus, Middle East and Balkans and geographically is in different position.

Anatolia is like most Border parts of a greater region, the best indicator in me seen Turks as middle eastern rather then say having their own region is because the cultural similarity to the wider Northern parts of the middle east, religious, and culinary ties, and so on...if i had enough polling spots i would have added more sub-regions, but i was in a hurry and so just make one to determine a rough estimate...

Virtuous
12-01-2012, 12:19 AM
The banana Republic of Congo.

evon
12-01-2012, 12:21 AM
^ Nuts, I guess you are an undercover Italian today:)

Atlantic Islander
12-01-2012, 12:38 AM
Atlantic Islander ;)

Graham
12-01-2012, 12:41 AM
Atlantic Islander ;)

Western Europe. :p

Leliana
12-01-2012, 12:48 AM
Central Europe -> Southern Germany/Austria

http://www.eu-foerderung.bayern.de/Bild/original_15661/INTERREGIVABayern-Oesterreich.jpg

evon
12-01-2012, 12:55 AM
Atlantic Islander ;)

Western Europe. :p

conform, resistance is futile!

Drawing-slim
12-01-2012, 01:06 AM
The "bad ass" Balkan area
Southern Montenegro, greater Albania :D specificallyAty afer jam dhe une.
E njoh mire malin e zi tuzin etj

Hurrem sultana
12-01-2012, 01:11 AM
Western Balkan

evon
12-01-2012, 12:28 PM
Balkan and south east Europe into Anatolia is totally dominating this forum, weird as i always though of it as a Northern European forum more then anything...

Pallantides
12-02-2012, 12:32 PM
I'm from eastern Norway
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_Norway

Behemot
12-02-2012, 12:52 PM
bloody Balkans :D

Atlantic Islander
12-03-2012, 12:08 AM
I'm from the Azores (https://www.google.com/search?q=the+azores&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=GqL&tbo=d&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=ffu7UNrrGqTniAKC14HYDg&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAA&biw=1280&bih=884).

I live in the US.

Incel King
12-09-2012, 03:27 PM
I voted Eastern Europe, because I didn't see Southeastern Europe option here.

tEhSaint
12-09-2012, 03:43 PM
Southern Europe leads... No wonder why the forum sometimes is like a burning hell, hehe ^^

Oh, I am from Greece , the cradle of western civilization... you know.

sammymcgoff
12-09-2012, 03:44 PM
The UK