PDA

View Full Version : No Eurovision entry for Greece this year?

Anusiya
12-02-2012, 04:26 AM
Ok, I have to say that I find all Eurovision contests disgusting and pointless. But then again, I find milk pointless, so perhaps most people support this contest and have better reasons to than mine, what can I do, stop them?

This year, the majority of the political parties are voting against the entry of Greece in the contest which will take place in Sweden later on this spring.

It costs a mere 400.000 Euros, and compared to earlier multi-million entries, this one feels like a night out in a local cheap diner.

So what do you think? Why the fuss? Political motives?

In essense: Can't we just put our asses down and produce a nice song for once in years after Paparizou's(:love:) entry?

http://www.viduse.com/artres/40198916.jpg
Just "die" already! :D

rashka
12-02-2012, 05:00 AM
Is it because they want to show some kind of revenge or to save money?
I just wish that all the competitors can sing in their own language.

Fortis in Arduis
12-02-2012, 06:27 AM
Helena Paparizou, hum now... She gave me earache.

I suspect that it is being banned to prevent political protest, to disallow a political platform.

There surely cannot be one single Greek who has nothing to say about the ecomomic situation, and so no Greek is allowed to sing at the Eurovision.

It is a cover-up! :D

Anusiya
12-02-2012, 06:31 AM
Helena Paparizou, hum now... She gave me earache.

I suspect that it is being banned to prevent political protest, or to give a political platform. There surely cannot be one single Greek who has nothing to say about the ecomomic situation.

Paparizou, earache? Nah, you are mistaking her with that in the picture. :D

This is Paparizou:
n5Sju9fTLUk

Fortis in Arduis
12-02-2012, 06:37 AM
Paparizou, earache? Nah, you are mistaking her with that in the picture. :D

^ Yes, this video. Horrific, and I fail to see anything remotely Greek about it apart from a slight pop-folk influence which is very embarrassing. Why does she keep opening and closing her legs? Why did I even ask that? :rolleyes:

No, I watched her 'performance' on YouTube, and she is a spray-tanned warbling witch from the fiery depths of hell. :pound:

She has horrible over-processed hair, and a whorish nose-ring. :p

Absinthe
12-02-2012, 08:03 AM
Thank GOD - not only we send really bad songs but it costs a lot and the whole hype and drama around it diverts the people from their real problems.

I say NO to Eurovision not just for this year but for a couple of years. It's really provocative and scandalous to be on the verge of bankruptcy and at the same time spending money on this carnival just for appearances sake.

Riki
12-02-2012, 08:46 AM

Fortis in Arduis=Yes, this video. Horrific, and I fail to see anything remotely Greek about it apart from a slight pop-folk influence which is very embarrassing. Why does she keep opening and closing her legs? Why did I even ask that?

No, I watched her 'performance' on YouTube, and she is a spray-tanned warbling witch from the fiery depths of hell.

She has horrible over-processed hair, and a whorish nose-ring.
Portugal its one of the few Countries that sings in the Mother tongue and always sings traditional.Result never won before.
Therefore no entry for Portugal either.

Absinthe
12-02-2012, 09:33 AM
It costs a mere 400.000 Euros, and compared to earlier multi-million entries, this one feels like a night out in a local cheap diner.

I just noticed this: a mere 400.000 Euros? :confused: Are you kidding me? :eek:

Who do you think needs this money more, the unemployed who can't feed their children, the pensioners who can't afford to buy oil and warm themselves, the cancer patients who can't afford their medication,
or the Eurovision team with a yet again horrible and predictable Arabesque pop entry with English and Greek lyrics entry and a cutesy singer with no underpants who's gonna end up at the bottom of the pile anyway?

Anusiya
12-02-2012, 09:39 AM
I just noticed this: a mere 400.000 Euros? :confused: Are you kidding me? :eek:

Who do you think needs this money more, the unemployed who can't feed their children, the pensioners who can't afford to buy oil and warm themselves, the cancer patients who can't afford their medication,
or the Eurovision team with a yet again horrible and predictable Arabesque pop entry with English and Greek lyrics entry and a cutesy singer with no underpants who's gonna end up at the bottom of the pile anyway?

Well, people weren't saying anything when this old bimbo snatched 13 million just to do us the honor and "represent" us in the contest.

http://www.fimes.gr/wp-content/uploads/anna-visi.jpg

And besides, the state is not paying anything anyway. Most of that money comes from sponsorships, and has to. It's noone's fault if the public television saw opportunities in devouring big money every year.

I like that in us Greeks. The tougher things get, the deeper in our shells we dwell.

Absinthe
12-02-2012, 09:49 AM
Well, people weren't saying anything when this old bimbo snatched 13 million just to do us the honor and "represent" us in the contest.

http://www.fimes.gr/wp-content/uploads/anna-visi.jpg

Speak for yourself; I was saying that :D

To me Eurovision for Greece is a thousand times repeated recipe of cliches:

Sakis the "Greek God"; good looking and completely untalented (sorry Dandelion :p)
"Acknowledged" old hags like Vissi and Manto who are entirely unfamous outside of Greece (and so nobody "gets" it)
Cutesy and happy-go-lucky "Greek sex bombs" like Paparizou, Kalomoira, Eleftheria Eleftheriou; shake your booty like J.Lo and smile while lip synching to some cheesy Arabesque pop folk song about teenage love and heartbeat
Horrible trolling acts like Rakintzis

Unless somebody comes up with something original, there's really no point in continuing this recipe for disaster. We won once with this recipe but nobody can handle so much repetition. There is simply no originality. The bouzouki pop is something nobody digs outside of the Balkans. The last song we sent was absolutely horrible. I was ashamed of this entry.

And besides, the state is not paying anything anyway. Most of that money comes from sponsorships, and has to. It's noone's fault if the public television saw opportunities in devouring big money every year.

It doesn't matter who's paying. It's like going to Haiti and organizing a sponsored high end fashion show when people around are starving and dying because they can't afford an aspirin.

This is an exaggerated analogy but you understand what I mean. There are great problems in Greece right now, we need to focus on solving them, not waste energy on fiestas.

Plus retracting from the competition for a few years shows a clean and honest face. Like I said it is provocative to be in this situation and spend money (even if private money, why not spend that money in the real economy instead?) on something frivolous and unnecessary.

Nurzat
12-02-2012, 09:53 AM
eurovision should be suspended for a few years... there's no point in investing so much money into THAT. it's absurd and hilarious. and music in the contest is... i have no words...it's only for the lowest classes, and lowest classes don't deserve this attention

Anusiya
12-02-2012, 10:06 AM
Plus retracting from the competition for a few years shows a clean and honest face. Like I said it is provocative to be in this situation and spend money (even if private money, why not spend that money in the real economy instead?) on something frivolous and unnecessary.

Very introvert approach that is. We need as much positive exposal as possible, not to go into hiding.

This to a great extent is part of a greater, real economy. Tourism. We need to keep pursuing it.

To me Eurovision for Greece is a thousand times repeated recipe of cliches:
Sakis the "Greek God"; good looking and completely untalented (sorry Dandelion )
"Acknowledged" old hags like Vissi and Manto who are entirely unfamous outside of Greece (and so nobody "gets" it)
Cutesy and happy-go-lucky "Greek sex bombs" like Paparizou, Kalomoira, Eleftheria Eleftheriou; shake your booty like J.Lo and smile while lip synching to some cheesy Arabesque pop folk song about teenage love and heartbeat
Horrible trolling acts like Rakintzis

I agree, there is only one solution:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_834L0hL0hPk/SrQMpnVsseI/AAAAAAAACG8/SVTpjIP9cjs/s400/Demis_Roussos-Let_it_happen.jpg

But we have to make it quick because he's getting old.

Queen B
12-02-2012, 11:40 AM
We are not going to save money by Eurovision, but from cutting off pointless things.
There is no need for every show of Papadopoulos ''Stin ugeia mas'' to cost - at least - 20.000€ or to have so much benefits for the politicians.

That being said, I don't care if we sent an entry or not, not even if we never participate again. I just think that they are making a fuss over something, so they can keep spending money in other, more useless things.

Sakis the "Greek God"; good looking and completely untalented (sorry Dandelion :p)

NOT forgiven :mad:

Geni
12-02-2012, 11:47 AM
Man... Greece more poore than..Albania,Serbia,Macedonia , Bosnia ..Turkay.....:eek::eek:....

Jerreiche
12-02-2012, 11:52 AM

political revenge. Fuck Eurovision! I am so ashamed my country still sends "candidates" to that freak show

Rouxinol
12-02-2012, 11:56 AM
I couldn't care less about this shitty, corny and tacky contest in all honesty. No entry for Portugal as well? Yahoo!!!

Comte Arnau
12-02-2012, 12:12 PM
Portugal its one of the few Countries that sings in the Mother tongue and always sings traditional.Result never won before.
Therefore no entry for Portugal either.

Portugal, Spain and Andorra will never win. Iberians (and Westerners in general to a certain point) are just too "neighbourless" in comparison. In the 21st century, all winners are Eastern or from the Scandinavian club. Votes have become überpredictable.

I love the fact that the Portuguese sing in Portuguese, no matter what happens. Spain is more stupid, because they also know they're not going to win but they keep being one of the Big 4. :picard1: Something that, with this crisis, makes no sense at all.

Englisc
12-02-2012, 12:14 PM
Greece can't afford to win Eurovision. The winners have to host the next one and Greece can't afford that at all.

Anusiya
12-02-2012, 12:15 PM
Portugal, Spain and Andorra will never win. Iberians (and Westerners in general to a certain point) are just too "neighbourless" in comparison. In the 21st century, all winners are Eastern or from the Scandinavian club. Votes have become überpredictable.

I love the fact that the Portuguese sing in Portuguese, no matter what happens. Spain is more stupid, because they also know they're not going to win but they keep being one of the Big 4. :picard1: Something that, with this crisis, makes no sense at all.

Iberia is more massive with industry and a very capable workforce. Let alone the old colonies with half a billion people, you always find ways for revenue. Besides Spain is more "known" than Greece to the average "Terran". Italy has also made herself a franchise too. And believe me, there are people around the world who don't know where Greece lies on the map. So in a sense for us, this is yet another chance to make ourselves "heard" so to speak.

Comte Arnau
12-02-2012, 12:23 PM
Iberia is more massive with industry and a very capable workforce. Let alone the old colonies with half a billion people, you always find ways for revenue. Besides Spain is more "known" than Greece to the average "Terran". Italy has also made herself a franchise too. And believe me, there are people around the world who don't know where Greece lies on the map. So in a sense for us, this is yet another chance to make ourselves "heard" so to speak.

Frankly, from the moment you sing in English instead of Greek, I don't have the impression that you're making yourselves 'heard'. To the common listener, it's just one more poppish song in English. Greece was Greece with songs like Vossou's I Anixi, not now.

Absinthe
12-02-2012, 08:14 PM
Greece can't afford to win Eurovision. The winners have to host the next one and Greece can't afford that at all.
Assuming Greece was going to win which would be highly unlikely for a second time :p

alb0zfinest
12-02-2012, 08:25 PM
Better to use that money and feed a few people then enter a competition you might not even win. And even if you do win BIG FUCKING DEAL no one cares. Did you see who won last time, the grannies that couldn't even sing.Russia sent them to make fun of euro vision and they succeeded because the grannies won. Just shows how pathetic it is.

Comte Arnau
12-03-2012, 09:20 AM
Better to use that money and feed a few people then enter a competition you might not even win. And even if you do win BIG FUCKING DEAL no one cares. Did you see who won last time, the grannies that couldn't even sing.Russia sent them to make fun of euro vision and they succeeded because the grannies won. Just shows how pathetic it is.

Well, they didn't win, but they ranked 2nd.

Russia can present whatever they want, they'll always have at least a few votes from a lot of countries which were part of it only one generation ago.

kabeiros
12-03-2012, 09:49 AM
Who gives a shit about Eurovision anyway?

ˇołnir
01-04-2013, 11:43 PM
Eurovision is mostly waste of money. Greeks won't miss anything important. :)

Dandelion
01-04-2013, 11:44 PM
Congratz Greeks!:thumb001:

Turkophagos
01-04-2013, 11:52 PM
Συνθετικοί for Eurovision:

68rOF60vev8

SKYNET
01-04-2013, 11:58 PM
Eurovision in Greece? Yay! :)

Graus
01-05-2013, 12:08 AM
Cant we just let the whole thing die already? Its nothing but a collective embarrassment/freakshow anyway.
The Greek voice wouldnt change anything, the one group of countries is willing to grant more help since they are afraid, they will be next. And the other group is afraid they will be next if they grant too much help. No one is doing anything out of love for the Greek people.