PDA

View Full Version : swarthy brits

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

Smaug
10-04-2013, 07:08 PM
Doesn't make sense at all. A significant majority of all British Americans I know are light eyed.

British Americans are mostly English or Scottish. Welsh-Ameicans barely exist.

Bloody
10-04-2013, 07:09 PM
Doesn't make sense at all. A significant majority of all British Americans I know are light eyed.

Ask to a British person, living in britain . British americans arent real british people.

My point is British people arent an extremely blond group, you can see the differences between brits and other northern europeans, If you could go to the Isles and see it by yourself then my point would be make sense for you. You can get pictures where brits can appear darker or lighter depending on many factors, but when being surrounded by british people on daily basis the difference is pretty clear.

The first time I ever visited the Isles It was prior my visit of denmark. Once I arrived in the UK the difference was pretty noticeable, as fast as when I landed on the Airport. British have some northern mix, specially when going towards eastern counties, but claiming britain people as very nordic looking country is pretty much skewed from reality, because once you have been surounded by real nordic looking people (Nordic Countries, Netherlands, Northern Germany) you can easily spot the ton of non-nordic influence the Brits have as a whole, and Its even the predominant component on many cases. The ancient British lineage is pretty much the big and strongest base of the whole British genetic makeup, and the nordic/germanic/scandinavians input are influences with arrived later, and not the other way around.

WOOHP
10-04-2013, 07:10 PM

The difference between you and other Brits can't be bigger than 4-5% in favor of the English/Scot.

WOOHP
10-04-2013, 07:12 PM
Ask to a British person, living in britain . British americans arent real british people.

My point is British people arent an extremely blond group, you can see the differences between brits and other northern europeans, If you could go to the Isles and see it by yourself then It would be clear. You can get pictures where brits can appear darker or lighter depending on many factors, but when being surrounded by british people the difference is clear.

The first time I visited the isles I came from visiting the continent, and going from denmark to the UK the difference was pretty clear and present, even when I arrived on the airport I noticed it quickly.
Because Britain is way more multi-cultural and even if I'm sure you're not counting in immigrants they do change the overall picture.

My point is that Brits are only noticeably darker than Scandinavians, Finns and Icelanders. Not other north Euros.

Anthropologique
10-04-2013, 07:12 PM
There are good numbers of dark haired and eyed Brits, but I would never refer to them as "swarthy." Most are quite pale.

Übermensch
10-04-2013, 07:13 PM
I have been both in Ireland and England and i can say that both people are very nordish on averege.
Irish people have usually fair skin (type I or II) with often ruddy hair and freckles, usually light brown-dark blonde hair (with reddish undertones) and a lot of blondes and redheads, they are mostly bruenn/borreby,keltic nordic and troender with some atlantid influences (dark hair,fair skin,blue,green or hazel eyes).
The English are mostly Nordid and they are definitly mostly blonde (from dark blonde to very fair shades) with few people with very dark hair (maybe around 20-25%) they aren't blue eyed as the Irish but mostly light mixed (blue-hazel,green,gray are more common than blue) with a minority of people with brown eyes, racially speaking they are mostly Nordic and Borreby with some atlantid influences, they are similar to Danish people on averege, and Northen German as well.
In the British Isles ''true swartzy types'' are rare, the darkest skin tone you find there is type III and is not very common,most of people have fair skin, ''dark people'' in the British Isles have brown or dark brown hair (that looks darker in contrast to their pale skin), black hair is rare, and the eyes are mostly blue or light mixed.
They are very different from Iberian People in my opinion.

Anthropologique
10-04-2013, 07:13 PM

Welsh-Americans do exist in West Virginia, West Penn and East Ohio.

Anthropologique
10-04-2013, 07:14 PM
I have been both in Ireland and England and i can say that both people are very nordish on averege.
Irish people have usually fair skin (type I or II) with often ruddy hair and freckles, usually light brown-dark blonde hair (with reddish undertones) and a lot of blondes and redheads, they are mostly bruenn/borreby,keltic nordic and troender with some atlantid influences (dark hair,fair skin,blue,green or hazel eyes).
The English are mostly Nordid and they are definitly mostly blonde (from dark blonde to very fair shades) with few people with very dark hair (maybe around 20-25%) they aren't blue eyed as the Irish but mostly light mixed (blue-hazel,green,gray are more common than blue) with a minority of people with brown eyes, racially speaking they are mostly Nordic and Borreby with some atlantid influences, they are similar to Danish people on averege, and Northen German as well.
In the British Isles ''true swartzy types'' are rare, the darkest skin tone you find there is type III and is not very common,most of people have fair skin, ''dark people'' in the British Isles have brown or dark brown hair (that looks darker in contrast to their pale skin), black hair is rare, and the eyes are mostly blue or light mixed.

You travel around a lot for a 16 year old.

Übermensch
10-04-2013, 07:16 PM
You travel around a lot for a 16 year old.

Yeah, i've been in Ireland and England to improve my English.

Anthropologique
10-04-2013, 07:18 PM
my, most famous example, kate middleton
http://www.okmagazine.com/sites/okmagazine.com/files/imagecache/gallery_full_image/photo_gallery_picture_images/kate-middleton-prince-william-prince-harry-july26-54.jpg

post your examples

LMAO!! She's not swarthy.

Bloody
10-04-2013, 07:19 PM
Because Britain is way more multi-cultural and even if I'm sure you're not counting in immigrants they do change the overall picture.

My point is that Brits are only noticeably darker than Scandinavians, Finns and Icelanders. Not other north Euros.

Brits are not only noticeable darker than the Dutch and Northern germans but also shorter, thats for sure.

Note when I mean darker I mean mostly hair color, and even eye color to a lesser extent. I'm not talking on skin color here.

Jackson
10-04-2013, 07:20 PM
A friend of mine (British ancestry as far as he knows) has dark brown hair, eyes and darker than average skin. Looks similar to some of Bloody's examples, and yet people constantly joke about him being Greek or something, so we do have these darker people, but they are not all as common as some make out. We are certainly darker than Danes and north Germans, but not by a massive amount.

Anthropologique
10-04-2013, 07:22 PM

My point is British people arent an extremely blond group, you can see the differences between brits and other northern europeans, If you could go to the Isles and see it by yourself then my point would be make sense for you. You can get pictures where brits can appear darker or lighter depending on many factors, but when being surrounded by british people on daily basis the difference is pretty clear.

The first time I ever visited the Isles It was prior my visit of denmark. Once I arrived in the UK the difference was pretty noticeable, as fast as when I landed on the Airport. British have some northern mix, specially when going towards eastern counties, but claiming britain people as very nordic looking country is pretty much skewed from reality, because once you have been surounded by real nordic looking people (Nordic Countries, Netherlands, Northern Germany) you can easily spot the ton of non-nordic influence the Brits have as a whole, and Its even the predominant component on many cases. The ancient British lineage is pretty much the big and strongest base of the whole British genetic makeup, and the nordic/germanic/scandinavians input are influences with arrived later, and not the other way around.

Who really cares? No one said that Brits are Nordics. It's great that the British are a nicely blended European people - light and "dark" in good proportions.

caviezel
10-04-2013, 07:23 PM
if you ask my opinion brits and irish aren't darker haired than germans. i've spent some times in North Rhine Westphalia and I wouldn't say the people there are lighter haired than brits and irish. you can find dark haired types like Keith Moon, Jimmy Page, Pete Townshend, John Enthwistle, Keith Richards, RIngo Starr in Germany as well. Holland is slightly lighter than Britain and Ireland but not that miuch, to the point that if you don't pay particular attention to those things like we do, you won't notice any difference.

Übermensch
10-04-2013, 07:23 PM
A friend of mine (British ancestry as far as he knows) has dark brown hair, eyes and darker than average skin. Looks similar to some of Bloody's examples, and yet people constantly joke about him being Greek or something, so we do have these darker people, but they are not all as common as some make out. We are certainly darker than Danes and north Germans, but not by a massive amount.

Surely British and Irish people are much closer to Scandinavians than Italians and Iberians.

Anthropologique
10-04-2013, 07:25 PM

Good perspective. That's what I've always said about Brits. Hell, I'm married to a Scottish woman with family in Scotland so I should know. :cool:

Jackson
10-04-2013, 07:26 PM
Surely British and Irish people are much closer to Scandinavians than Italians and Iberians.

Indeed. But it's just funny because often when someone has dark features here their friends joke that they are foreign, or have foreign ancestry. Which is usually not the case, but sometimes is. Like my grandfather was quite dark when he was younger, and people joked that he was part negro or something. :D

Anthropologique
10-04-2013, 07:27 PM

Closest to German, French Scandis. Far closer to Iberians than Southern or Northern Italians.

safinator
10-04-2013, 07:34 PM
Brits are not only noticeable darker than the Dutch and Northern germans but also shorter, thats for sure.

Having been into all the three places i'd tend to agree but i wouldn't say noticeably though in any way.

In skin colour Brits are probably the palest, in hair colour the darkest, in eye colour slightly less than Dutch and NW Germans but more than South Germany.

All of that is quite interesting considering that both Graham and Jackson posted some charts were Dutch and English were very close genetically yet the phenotype isn't the same.

Übermensch
10-04-2013, 07:38 PM
I would say Irish are the lightest in terms of hair,eye and skin colour.

Smeagol
10-04-2013, 07:39 PM
The British are not that much darker than Dutch and North Germans. The majority have pale skin, brown hair, and blue eyes.

Hevo
10-04-2013, 07:41 PM
All of that is quite interesting considering that both Graham and Jackson posted some charts were Dutch and English were very close genetically yet the phenotype isn't the same.

Eastern English people and Dutch people do have some (strong) similarities tough.

Übermensch
10-04-2013, 07:43 PM
The British are not that much darker than Dutch and North Germans. The majority have pale skin, brown hair, and blue eyes.

I would say more dark blond than ''true'' brown hair, however only around 25% are proper blondes (very fair hair,almost white) and 10% have red to strawberry blond hair, the rest has light brown to medium blond hair (around 40%) with a minority of brown to dark brown haired people (around 20-22%).

Swearengen
10-04-2013, 07:46 PM
brits are quite variable from what i can tell. especially with regard to hair colour.

i've never seen them as being uniformly light. there are plenty of them with dark brown hair and brown eyes.

i don't know if he's of british descent, but this colouring is extremely common

http://www.drfunkenberry.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/fox.jpg

Übermensch
10-04-2013, 07:50 PM
brits are quite variable from what i can tell. especially with regard to hair colour.

i've never seen them as being that light on average. there are plenty of one's with dark brown hair and brown eyes.

Not all people from Scandinavia are fair either, and when you say ''dark brown hair'' you propably don't know how they look:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/--1afMJIztiM/UXPK9_WyvKI/AAAAAAAAFR8/8zHi0NXwiok/s640/jennifer-connelly-.jpg

This is dark brown hair and is surely not very common in the Isles.

Bloody
10-04-2013, 07:51 PM
Who really cares? No one said that Brits are Nordics. It's great that the British are a nicely blended European people - light and "dark" in good proportions.

It seems you didn't read many of the previous post that claimed the British being a very nordic population, which couldn't get further away from the truth.

Swearengen
10-04-2013, 07:54 PM
Not all people from Scandinavia are fair either, and when you say ''dark brown hair'' you propably don't know how they look:

[IM]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/--1afMJIztiM/UXPK9_WyvKI/AAAAAAAAFR8/8zHi0NXwiok/s640/jennifer-connelly-.jpg[/IMG]

dark brown hair is like matthew fox, which is common in them. although i just checked and he's 1/4 italian, but still.

Anthropologique
10-04-2013, 07:54 PM
It seems you didn't read many of the previous post that claimed the British being a very nordic population, which couldn't get further away from the truth.

They have Nordic strains, but are certainly not Nordic as a whole. Reasonable people will see them for what they are: A NW-Euro population with a variety of influences.

Übermensch
10-04-2013, 07:55 PM

i've never seen them as being uniformly light. there are plenty of them with dark brown hair and brown eyes.

i don't know if he's of british descent, but this colouring is extremely common

http://www.drfunkenberry.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/fox.jpg

This guy is actually skin type III (which is not very common in the British Isles) with hazel eyes and medium-light brown hair, not really a ''swartzy type'', the averege brit has this pigmentation of hair and skin:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/e2/Hugh_Grant_Dunhill_2007_crop.jpg/391px-Hugh_Grant_Dunhill_2007_crop.jpg

Anthropologique
10-04-2013, 07:55 PM

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/--1afMJIztiM/UXPK9_WyvKI/AAAAAAAAFR8/8zHi0NXwiok/s640/jennifer-connelly-.jpg

It's not uncommon.

Bloody
10-04-2013, 07:56 PM
I would say more dark blond than ''true'' brown hair, however only around 25% are proper blondes (very fair hair,almost white) and 10% have red to strawberry blond hair, the rest has light brown to medium blond hair (around 40%) with a minority of brown to dark brown haired people (around 20-22%).

Not really, in wales and southern england dark brown hair is way commoner than what you assume. British although pale skinned and relatively light eyed have quite a lot of very dark haired people, in some areas they appear to be even the majority. In Ireland and wales dark brown hair is the commonest, on the other hand medium brown is the commonest hair color among english and scottish population, closely followed by dark brown.

Anthropologique
10-04-2013, 07:57 PM
This guy is actually skin type III (which is not very common in the British Isles) with hazel eyes and medium-light brown hair, not really a ''swartzy type'', the averege brit has this pigmentation of hair and skin:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/e2/Hugh_Grant_Dunhill_2007_crop.jpg/391px-Hugh_Grant_Dunhill_2007_crop.jpg

True swarthy people don't show up in Western countries much. I'm talking about indigenous people, of course. Swarthy is what you find in the E. Med.

Übermensch
10-04-2013, 07:58 PM
This kind of pigmentation is very common in England (around 20-25%):
http://ts3.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4668750906592002&pid=15.1&H=160&W=130

Swearengen
10-04-2013, 07:59 PM

light-medium brown hair? any darker and it's black. his eyes are a bit hazel, but still not light though.

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/matthew-fox.jpg

Bloody
10-04-2013, 08:01 PM
This kind of pigmentation is very common in England (around 20-25%):
http://ts3.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4668750906592002&pid=15.1&H=160&W=130

Not really, you clearly never been to england, This kind of phenotype, but blonde hair and facial features might be at most 10% of british population, if not less in some areas (souther/western england and wales).

blond as a whole might be 20-25% in Scotland and England, which doesnt mean very blond people are.

Your "blonde" brits are typically like this:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/3f/Jenson_Button_2006.jpg

and not like this:

http://www.todosdicenque.com/images/celebrities/MV5BMjEwODg1MTA5Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDQwMTQxMw@@._ V1._SY314_CR10,0,214,314_.jpg

Anthropologique
10-04-2013, 08:02 PM
Not really, in wales and southern england dark brown hair is way commoner than what you assume. British although pale skinned and relatively light eyed have quite a lot of very dark haired people, in some areas they appear to be even the majority. In Ireland and wales dark brown hair is the commonest, on the other hand medium brown is the commonest hair color among english and scottish population, closely followed by dark brown.

Dark brown hair is not uncommon in Britain, clearly. My wife is Scottish and happens to be blond and green eyed but in traveling around her Scotland I encountered mainly various shades of brown hair, then blond and then auburn and ginger.

Bloody
light-medium brown hair? any darker and it's black. his eyes are a bit hazel, but still not light though.

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/matthew-fox.jpg

Many brits have dark brown hair (or even black) I dont know why non-british people insist telling falacies, I've never met an ethnic brit claiming they are extremely nordic.

Übermensch
Not really, you clearly never been to england, This kind of phenotype, but blonde hair and facial features might be at most 10% of british population, if not less in some areas (souther/western england and wales).

I've been in England and Ireland, and i think this pigmentation of the hair (and skin) is present at least in 20-25% of the population.

Smeagol
10-04-2013, 08:06 PM
The most common racial types in England are:
1: Keltic Nordic
2: North Atlantid
3: Anglo-Saxon
4: Brunn.

Swearengen
10-04-2013, 08:06 PM
I've been in England and Ireland, and i think this pigmentation of the hair (and skin) is present at least in 20-25% of the population.

i don't think paul bettany's pigmentation is common. he was cast as an albino for a reason.

Übermensch
10-04-2013, 08:09 PM

blond as a whole might be 20-25% in Scotland and England, which doesnt mean very blond people are.

Your "blonde" brits are typically like this:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/3f/Jenson_Button_2006.jpg

and not like this:

http://www.todosdicenque.com/images/celebrities/MV5BMjEwODg1MTA5Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDQwMTQxMw@@._ V1._SY314_CR10,0,214,314_.jpg

The first one has a pretty standard hair colour, true blonde means extremly depigmentated and they are around 20-25% in England,Scotland and a bit more in Ireland,in Wales there are less but still, the first guy isn't much lighter than Hugh Grant actually who has the most common colour (the so called ''mousy brown'').

Swearengen
10-04-2013, 08:10 PM
The first one has a pretty standard hair colour, true blonde means extremly depigmentated and they are around 20-25% in England,Scotland and a bit more in Ireland,in Wales there are less but still, the first guy isn't much lighter than Hugh Grant actually who has the most common colour (the so called ''mousy brown'').

lol. lets see some group photos. paul bettany's pigmentation is extremely rare.

Bloody
10-04-2013, 08:13 PM

Who told you that? mcculloch? coon?

Its rather

1) Atlanto-bunn
2) Atlantid/paleoatlantid
3) North Atlantid
4) Atlantid/Borreby

Übermensch
10-04-2013, 08:14 PM
lol. lets see some group photos. paul bettany's pigmentation is extremely rare.

Maybe because strawberry blond-golden blonde is more common than witish blond hair, i'd say most of blond hair in the British Isles are my shade (very light blonde with some red) so somwhere in between the guy you posted and Bettany:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/v/1368720_586492544748765_601310383_n.jpg?oh=604927e 5545e179b3463578b5fdae346&oe=5251019D&__gda__=1381077617_7d2e2bcc22f32d5958c0341238c323f e

Swearengen
10-04-2013, 08:15 PM
i would say celtic nordid is quite common. Anglo saxon not so much.

Smaug
10-04-2013, 08:15 PM
The difference between you and other Brits can't be bigger than 4-5% in favor of the English/Scot.

It is:

http://thesocietypages.org/graphicsociology/files/2009/01/westernparadigm_blue_eye_color_map.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/54/Light_Eyes_Map.png

I am hazel-eyed myself. So is Graham.

Smeagol
10-04-2013, 08:17 PM

Its rather

1) Atlanto-bunn
3) North Atlantid
4) Atlantid/Borreby

I doubt it, can you give me evidence?

Bloody
10-04-2013, 08:17 PM
i don't think paul bettany's pigmentation is common. he was cast as an albino for a reason.

This, I fail to believe how many people has little to no Idea what real british people look like.

Look a video of random british supporters and frankly tell me how many of them look like Paul Bettany..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzwvUd5Qlmg

Bloody
10-04-2013, 08:19 PM
I doubt it, can you give me evidence?

My own eyes, been to britain many times, british are far from being a very nordic groups.

I guess I must be an expert at cherry picking because I can find thousand of pictures of british pepople being mainly dark haired..

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/04/23/article-0-196EFA9B000005DC-287_634x388.jpg

Bloody
10-04-2013, 08:20 PM
It is:

http://thesocietypages.org/graphicsociology/files/2009/01/westernparadigm_blue_eye_color_map.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/54/Light_Eyes_Map.png

I am hazel-eyed myself. So is Graham.

Do people still believe in those maps?

Bloody
10-04-2013, 08:22 PM
Maybe because strawberry blond-golden blonde is more common than witish blond hair, i'd say most of blond hair in the British Isles are my shade (very light blonde with some red) so somwhere in between the guy you posted and Bettany:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/v/1368720_586492544748765_601310383_n.jpg?oh=604927e 5545e179b3463578b5fdae346&oe=5251019D&__gda__=1381077617_7d2e2bcc22f32d5958c0341238c323f e

Your hair isnt "very blonde" , rather reddish. Show pictures out of direct sunlight.

1stLightHorse
10-04-2013, 08:22 PM
Victoria Beckham is a good example, not sure if she's been posted yet.

One of my friends mothers in school looked exactly like this and was totally British in ancestry as well.
http://lovagemagazine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Victoria-Beckham.jpghttp://www.mkd.mk/files/article/2013/08/20/mkd-69651.jpg

Very paleoatlantid, imo.

Jackson
10-04-2013, 08:23 PM
My own eyes, been to britain many times, british are far from being a very nordic groups.

I guess I must be an expert at cherry picking because I can find thousand of pictures of british pepople being mainly dark haired..

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/04/23/article-0-196EFA9B000005DC-287_634x388.jpg

Indeed, we are predominantly dark haired, so is the rest of northern Europe apart from some parts of Sweden and Finland.

Smaug
10-04-2013, 08:23 PM

Blwdi brilliant. Are you taking the micky out of us boyo? Tidy! Keltic Nordid is far from being the main phenotype in the Isles. I'd say North-Atlantids and Atlantid + CM (either Brünn or Borrerby) are predominant.

Smeagol
10-04-2013, 08:26 PM

I'm Not claiming they're Nordic, or mostly blonde, medium brown hair is probably the most common. North Atlantids are far more common than Atlantids (more common in Iberia, and southern France), and Paleo-Atlantids (Rare everywhere) Going by all the English I've seen the majority are Keltic Nordics, or North Atlantids, often mixed with CM. English are also closer genetically to North Germans, Dutch, and Scandinavians than they are to Iberians.

Übermensch
10-04-2013, 08:26 PM
Your hair isnt "very blonde" , rather reddish. Show pictures out of direct sunlight.

Sure:

http://imageshack.us/a/img34/4295/aas.JPG

Smeagol
10-04-2013, 08:27 PM
Do people still believe in those maps?

Do you have better ones?

Smeagol
10-04-2013, 08:27 PM
Blwdi brilliant. Are you taking the micky out of us boyo? Tidy! Keltic Nordid is far from being the main phenotype in the Isles. I'd say North-Atlantids and Atlantid + CM (either Brünn or Borrerby) are predominant.

Maybe in Wales, and southwestern England...

Anthropologique
10-04-2013, 08:28 PM

Its rather

1) Atlanto-bunn
3) North Atlantid
4) Atlantid/Borreby

Unfortunately, Coon was a huge fraud. Why people still use him for reference is puzzling to me.

Bloody
10-04-2013, 08:30 PM
Indeed, we are predominantly dark haired, so is the rest of northern Europe apart from some parts of Sweden and Finland.

Denmark predominantly dark haired? Netherlands? Northern germany? they are predominantly dark-blond haired. English and Scots are predominantly mousy/medium brown haired. In Ireland, Wales, Southern/Western england and Western/Northern Scotland dark brown hair are the commonest, at least among adults.

Smaug
10-04-2013, 08:31 PM
Maybe in Wales, and southwestern England...

Atlanto-Meds are common in Iberia, Atlantids are found everywhere from Portugal to Scotland, and North-Atlantids are common in Britain. Of course you also find some Atlanto-Meds in Britain and and some North-Atlantids in Iberia. Paleo-Atlantids are rare, but they uually appear in Western Britain.

Bloody
Sure:

http://imageshack.us/a/img34/4295/aas.JPG

Redish lightbrown, not at all blonde.

Ultra
Swarthy British model Lucy Pinder. I posted these pictures of her in some classification thread of her the other day: http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?55530-Classify-Hot-British-Model-Lucy-Pinder

Her natural tits are fucking amazing lol. If every man had a hot woman with tits like that there'd be no wars on this planet. :naughty2:

http://pausate.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Lucy-Pinder-todo-natural-04-450x600.jpg

http://pausate.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Lucy-Pinder-todo-natural-08-630x473.jpg

http://pausate.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Lucy-Pinder-todo-natural-06-450x600.jpg

http://pausate.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Lucy-Pinder-todo-natural-05-450x600.jpg

http://hermososymalditos.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Lucy-Pinder51.jpg

Anthropologique
10-04-2013, 08:34 PM
I have "blonder" hair than that. And I'm not blond but a shade of auburn. :p

This thread is becoming outre'

Ultra
10-04-2013, 08:35 PM
I have "blonder" hair than that. And I'm not blond but a shade of auburn. :p

This thread is becoming outre'
So look at the tits I posted and admire them instead? ;)

Atlantic facade titties.

Anthropologique
Swarthy British model Lucy Pinder. I posted these pictures of her in some classification thread of her the other day: http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?55530-Classify-Hot-British-Model-Lucy-Pinder

Her natural tits are fucking amazing lol. If every man had a hot woman with tits like that there'd be no wars on this planet. :naughty2:

http://pausate.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Lucy-Pinder-todo-natural-04-450x600.jpg

http://pausate.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Lucy-Pinder-todo-natural-08-630x473.jpg

http://pausate.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Lucy-Pinder-todo-natural-06-450x600.jpg

http://pausate.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Lucy-Pinder-todo-natural-05-450x600.jpg

http://hermososymalditos.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Lucy-Pinder51.jpg

MY GOD!!!

Smaug
Ok, some serious dark Welsh boobs now!

http://www.anorak.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/imogen-thomas-6v1.jpg
http://lotsofsecrets.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Imogen-Thomas-11.jpg
http://www.celeb-for-free.com/pics/celeb1074/pics/imogen_thomas_01.jpg

Bloody
I'm Not claiming they're Nordic, or mostly blonde, medium brown hair is probably the most common. North Atlantids are far more common than Atlantids (more common in Iberia, and southern France), and Paleo-Atlantids (Rare everywhere) Going by all the English I've seen the majority are Keltic Nordics, or North Atlantids, often mixed with CM. English are also closer genetically to North Germans, Dutch, and Scandinavians than they are to Iberians.

A part of british Islanders (probably people of east anglia) cluster close to dutch and NW germans, the large group of them doesnt.

However Genetics dont always correlate physical appearance. British people look nothing like the Dutch as a whole, neither they look like northern germans or Scandinavians. You'd be amazed how many of your everyday spanish people are able to pass for British Islanders, and Its not because brits look like antonio banderas but rather because all those populations were quite related back in the time, the norhtern Iberians, Atlantic/western french and Ancient brits, they were way older in europe than the modern germanics/nordics who arrived europe from central asia later on time.

Ultra
10-04-2013, 08:36 PM
Ok, some serious dark Welsh boobs now!

http://www.anorak.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/imogen-thomas-6v1.jpg
http://lotsofsecrets.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Imogen-Thomas-11.jpg
http://www.celeb-for-free.com/pics/celeb1074/pics/imogen_thomas_01.jpg
Atlantic facade STRONK!!!!!!!! Fuckcade actually suits here, lol. :naughty2:

Anthropologique
10-04-2013, 08:36 PM
So look at the tits I posted and admire them instead? ;)

Atlantic facade titties.

LMAO!! Good one, mate! :thumb001:

Trun
10-04-2013, 08:38 PM
Why I didn't see such honeys when I was in Britain :(

Bloody
10-04-2013, 08:39 PM
Atlanto-Meds are common in Iberia, Atlantids are found everywhere from Portugal to Scotland, and North-Atlantids are common in Britain. Of course you also find some Atlanto-Meds in Britain and and some North-Atlantids in Iberia. Paleo-Atlantids are rare, but they uually appear in Western Britain.

Would you say atlanto-brunn is the commonest phenotype in the british Isles? It has always been my impression so far.

Atlantid component in the UK is just as Important as the (West)Baltid component among the swedes, many are either partially individuals of those populations are either fully or predominantly those phenotypes.

Anthropologique
10-04-2013, 08:40 PM
A part of british Islanders (probably people of east anglia) cluster close to dutch and NW germans, the large group of them doesnt.

However Genetics dont always correlate physical appearance. British people look nothing like the Dutch as a whole, neither they look like northern germans or Scandinavians. You'd be amazed how many of your everyday spanish people are able to pass for British Islanders, and Its not because brits look like antonio banderas but rather because all those populations were quite related back in the time, the norhtern Iberians, Atlantic/western french and Ancient brits, they were way older in europe than the modern germanics/nordics who arrived europe from central asia later on time.

Yep, the Atlantic facade (AF); from S. Portugal to Scotland ... Check on TA how many people deny the existence of the AF. LOL!

Anthropologique
10-04-2013, 08:40 PM
Atlantic facade STRONK!!!!!!!! Fuckcade actually suits here, lol. :naughty2:

I need a STIFF drink!

Benacer
10-04-2013, 08:41 PM

Atlantic high five! :high5

Ultra
10-04-2013, 08:45 PM
I need a STIFF drink!
LOL. :P

gregorius
10-04-2013, 08:47 PM
atlantic facade is not a game

Anthropologique
10-04-2013, 08:47 PM
Aren't we proud of (and hot for) our marvelous Atlantic facade babes?! :cool:

Bloody
10-04-2013, 08:49 PM
Yep, the Atlantic facade (AF); from S. Portugal to Scotland ... Check on TA how many people deny the existence of the AF. LOL!

Yes, pretty silly, considering you wont find anything more British (outside the UK and Ireland) than the populations in Northern/western france.

Jackson
10-04-2013, 08:50 PM
Denmark predominantly dark haired? Netherlands? Northern germany? they are predominantly dark-blond haired. English and Scots are predominantly mousy/medium brown haired. In Ireland, Wales, Southern/Western england and Western/Northern Scotland dark brown hair are the commonest, at least among adults.

Well brown hair is dark hair. Most images i've seen of Danes (outside this website of course) show medium brown as the most common hair colour. If you want to include brown hair as light hair then most of northern Europe is predominantly light haired, there's a matter of perspective on it too. Although to be honest it's a pretty meaningless discussion as pigmentation is a pretty superficial thing genetically.

Smaug
10-04-2013, 08:51 PM
Would you say atlanto-brunn is the commonest phenotype in the british Isles? It has always been my impression so far.

Atlantid component in the UK is just as Important as the (West)Baltid component among the swedes, many are either partially individuals of those populations are either fully or predominantly those phenotypes.

I think Atlantid mixed with anything else (Brünn, Borreby or Nordid/Keltic Nordid) is the rule.

Jackson
10-04-2013, 08:52 PM

Lol that's completely incorrect. Comedy hour is up mate.

Smaug
10-04-2013, 08:53 PM
Aren't we proud of (and hot) for our marvelous Atlantic facade babes?! :cool:

The best women in the world boyo!

Bloody
10-04-2013, 08:55 PM
Well brown hair is dark hair. Most images i've seen of Danes (outside this website of course) show medium brown as the most common hair colour. If you want to include brown hair as light hair then most of northern Europe is predominantly light haired, there's a matter of perspective on it too. Although to be honest it's a pretty meaningless discussion as pigmentation is a pretty superficial thing genetically.

Most danes are dark blond hair, so are most dutch and northern germans. Medium brown hair is different than dark blond.

Brits are a typically brunette population (meaning brunette brown and not darkbrown/black like southern europeans) and Danes, dutch and Northern germans are typically fair haired populations, where hair color ranging from lightbrown to light blond make up for easily 70+% of their populations.

Coparison Dutch and Icelandic populations

https://securecdn.disqus.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/604/1400/original.jpg

ICelanders are more likely to have red hair and blue eyes, However lighblonde shades are commoner among dutch, which clearly shows the dutch are more typically germanic meanwhile the Icelanders have more celtic admixture.

If Any I expect Icelanders (and western norwegians) being physically closer to brits than Dutch/Danish and Northern germans are.

Trun
10-04-2013, 08:57 PM

It depends of the brown and also the origins of the observer. Here, light and medium brown hair are considered light hair.

Graham
10-04-2013, 09:07 PM
All I see is Boobs is this thread now

Dark Scot

http://www.emmerdale.tartydoris.com/_emmerdale/Natalie_J_Robb/NatalieJRobb361.jpghttp://www.emmerdale.tartydoris.com/_emmerdale/Natalie_J_Robb/NatalieJRobb030.jpg

Roy
10-04-2013, 09:08 PM
Most danes are dark blond hair, so are most dutch and northern germans. Medium brown hair is different than dark blond.

Brits are a typically brunette population (meaning brunette brown and not darkbrown/black like southern europeans) and Danes, dutch and Northern germans are typically fair haired populations, where hair color ranging from lightbrown to light blond make up for easily 70+% of their populations.

Coparison Dutch and Icelandic populations

https://securecdn.disqus.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/604/1400/original.jpg

ICelanders are more likely to have red hair and blue eyes, However lighblonde shades are commoner among dutch, which clearly shows the dutch are more typically germanic meanwhile the Icelanders have more celtic admixture.

If Any I expect Icelanders (and western norwegians) being physically closer to brits than Dutch/Danish and Northern germans are.

Interesting that Icelandic women have supposedly over two times more green eyes than Icelandic men. (17,9% vs 8%) I wonder whether this is because of methodology used by researchers or because of the fact that Vikings brought there women from Ireland; Scotland where green eyes were more and are more common than among Scandinavians where males hailed from :)

My theories are fancy, aren't they? :cool:

Albion
10-04-2013, 09:18 PM
For starters who havent been to Britain, There is no way Britain is as blonde as germany, not even close. Germans are also more likely to be robust, tall and big boned. For everey relatively accurate study regarding physical appearance there are 20 falacies going on internet.

From the countries I've been in europe half of them have more blondes and nordic/germanic looking people than the UK and that Includes the whole Nordic countries, Netherlands, Germany, Baltic states, Czech, Austria, Poland, Russia, Ukraine, Belarus.

You might surprised how some areas in the UK have a short supply on natural blonde people and stereotypical nordic features.

Robust Germans are south Germans, most Germans I've met have been from the north or centre of Germany and aren't like that. Also, Germany has a lot of brunettes.

WOOHP
10-04-2013, 09:23 PM
Robust Germans are south Germans, most Germans I've met have been from the north or centre of Germany and aren't like that. Also, Germany has a lot of brunettes.

Also, this thread is hilarious. This guy is making stupid claims.

Germans, Dutch and Brits are close pigmentation wise aswell. Dutch are slightly ligther when it comes to hair/eye color.

Hevo
10-04-2013, 09:23 PM

I think that light brown is rather most common in The Netherlands.

Jackson
10-04-2013, 09:24 PM
Here's some more resources. The British Isles as a whole is around 72% blue eyed (or light mixed too i guess), which seems about right based on my own experiences. Varies on where you go of course, and within families. For example in my Dad's family pretty much everyone has blue or light mixed eyes, but in my Mum's it's about 50/50:

http://unsafeharbour.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/country-eye-pigmentation.jpg
http://unsafeharbour.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/map-europepigmentationgenes.jpg

YeshAtid
10-04-2013, 09:25 PM

Dark Scot

http://www.emmerdale.tartydoris.com/_emmerdale/Natalie_J_Robb/NatalieJRobb361.jpghttp://www.emmerdale.tartydoris.com/_emmerdale/Natalie_J_Robb/NatalieJRobb030.jpg

She looks Italian

Dombra
10-04-2013, 09:31 PM
they were way older in europe than the modern germanics/nordics who arrived europe from central asia later on time.

:picard2:

just :picard2:

Bloody
10-04-2013, 09:36 PM
Also, this thread is hilarious. This guy is making stupid claims.

Germans, Dutch and Brits are close pigmentation wise aswell. Dutch are slightly ligther when it comes to hair/eye color.

Thats what maps suggest, however those sources are clearly wrong.

Jackson
10-04-2013, 09:37 PM

Indeed, is a very facepalm statement. Given that they share the same main genetic component as most other western Europeans. That must mean the whole of this part of Europe came from western or central Asia at some point. Which is somewhat true, although it applies to pretty much all Europeans. :P

Albion
10-04-2013, 09:38 PM
Indeed. But it's just funny because often when someone has dark features here their friends joke that they are foreign, or have foreign ancestry. Which is usually not the case, but sometimes is. Like my grandfather was quite dark when he was younger, and people joked that he was part negro or something. :D

I'm darker than most Brits around here. Blue eyes are the most common here (about 70% or more), and blonde hair is fairly common as well (~50%). Anyway, a girl at work the other day came up to me and says 'Have you been on holiday?' - 'No, I've just been outside' I replied. She'd been on holiday to Germany and I've been in England all year and our skin tones were similar :D I seem to tan more easy than most Brits (then again, I do work outside most of the time). The girl herself is interesting - very Nordic, "upper class" look, blonde hair and blue eyes, but her skin isn't dead pale but quite "glowing". Like a slightly pigmented Nordic.
I have brown eyes and brown hair and I'm very much in the minority here. Germanic haplogroup, very Germanic and Celtic aDNA but yet not a typical Nordic look, North Atlantid instead. Interestingly, this look is mainly from my very Germanic paternal side.

BTW bloody, I think you're from Chile.

WOOHP
10-04-2013, 09:45 PM

Thanks Jackson. This is quite telling. Pred. light countries are known for this.
Dark Swedes, for an example are often asked if they have some Wallons ancestors(many Wallons were invited to immigrate to Sweden during the 17th century). It's like people have a hard time believing they're plain 100% Swedish.

Jackson
10-04-2013, 09:52 PM
I'm darker than most Brits around here. Blue eyes are the most common here (about 70% or more), and blonde hair is fairly common as well (~50%). Anyway, a girl at work the other day came up to me and says 'Have you been on holiday?' - 'No, I've just been outside' I replied. She'd been on holiday to Germany and I've been in England all year and our skin tones were similar :D I seem to tan more easy than most Brits (then again, I do work outside most of the time). The girl herself is interesting - very Nordic, "upper class" look, blonde hair and blue eyes, but her skin isn't dead pale but quite "glowing". Like a slightly pigmented Nordic.
I have brown eyes and brown hair and I'm very much in the minority here. Germanic haplogroup, very Germanic and Celtic aDNA but yet not a typical Nordic look, North Atlantid instead. Interestingly, this look is mainly from my very Germanic paternal side.

BTW bloody, I think you're from Chile.

Interesting :) At least you don't need to worry too much about the sun too, it's the same for me now. I used to burn badly as a kid but now i only burn if i'm working outside in the sun for a lengthy period.

I find it interesting that you are genetically very northern for a British person, and probably more so than the majority of 'northern looking' people around. I think it just goes to show that looks aren't always reliable, maybe in large statistically acceptable groups, but normal variation plays a big part too.

It's similar in my family too, like my grandfather is the darkest and most Germanic. Could always tan super well, and his father could as well. Can vary a lot within a family too, like my mother has darker than average skin, and my aunt is very pale. Genetically they are both very similar, but you might not even guess they were sisters if you didn't know them!

Jackson
10-04-2013, 09:56 PM
Thanks Jackson. This is quite telling. Pred. light countries are known for this.
Dark Swedes, for an example are often asked if they have some Wallons ancestors(many Wallons were invited to immigrate to Sweden during the 17th century). It's like people have a hard time believing they're plain 100% Swedish.

I think it's something that tends to happen to the extremities of a group, for example very pale red-heads get a similar thing. Like i've heard them getting called 'daywalker' and 'factor 50' and things every now and again. xD I don't partake in such flights of fancy but many people do like taking the mick out of other people.

Albion
10-04-2013, 10:04 PM

Dark Scot

These are as dark as Brits get, but they're uncommon. Hot though, they give me a dark Brit fetish. :D

She's hot for her age, she's the only reason I ever watched Emmerdale. :D Likewise with Kym Marsh in Coronation Street. Kym Marsh is partly Irish if I remember right.

http://i1.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article401978.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/kym-marsh-pic-rex-image-2-201913581-401978.jpg

http://www.hdwallpapers3d.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/o-NIGELLA-LAWSON-AGE-facebook.jpg
Lol, if Nigel Lawson turned a bit more to the right, that would read 'English muff' :D

Albion
10-04-2013, 10:08 PM

He's refering to R1a and the suppose spread of Indo-Europeans.

Albion
10-04-2013, 10:13 PM
Interesting :) At least you don't need to worry too much about the sun too, it's the same for me now. I used to burn badly as a kid but now i only burn if i'm working outside in the sun for a lengthy period.

I find it interesting that you are genetically very northern for a British person, and probably more so than the majority of 'northern looking' people around. I think it just goes to show that looks aren't always reliable, maybe in large statistically acceptable groups, but normal variation plays a big part too.

It's similar in my family too, like my grandfather is the darkest and most Germanic. Could always tan super well, and his father could as well. Can vary a lot within a family too, like my mother has darker than average skin, and my aunt is very pale. Genetically they are both very similar, but you might not even guess they were sisters if you didn't know them!

My brother has dirty blonde hair, blue eyes, paler skin and very different eyebrows. Phenotype is basically the same, but pigmentation is totally different. I once told him he was adopted and really tried to convince him of it (when I was a kid). Looking back on it, it was probably pretty nasty. :D

Dombra
10-04-2013, 10:26 PM
He's refering to R1a and the suppose spread of Indo-Europeans.

He was talking about appearance and looks -.-

Blackout
10-04-2013, 10:47 PM
These are as dark as Brits get, but they're uncommon. Hot though, they give me a dark Brit fetish. :D

Do you think its possible she visited tanning centres? Was a big craze, couple of years ago. Not sure if you remember the TV series 'Gladiators'... ;)

Smeagol
10-04-2013, 11:31 PM

No, that's not true, British as a whole are closer to Germanics.

However Genetics dont always correlate physical appearance.

Generally you look like what you are.

British people look nothing like the Dutch as a whole, neither they look like northern germans or Scandinavians. You'd be amazed how many of your everyday spanish people are able to pass for British Islanders, and Its not because brits look like antonio banderas but rather because all those populations were quite related back in the time, the norhtern Iberians, Atlantic/western french and Ancient brits, they were way older in europe than the modern germanics/nordics who arrived europe from central asia later on time.

No, most British look far more like Dutch, north Germans, and Scandinavians then they look like Iberians. Just look at every British classification thread here.

Smeagol
10-04-2013, 11:36 PM
Thats what maps suggest, however those sources are clearly wrong.

:picard1: Why? They don't support your view?

1stLightHorse
10-05-2013, 12:41 AM
My paternal grandfather and his 2 Sisters: South-West british ancestry. I think i inherited his Paleoatlantid skull.

Ultra
10-05-2013, 12:53 AM

lol this is bullshit. The most ancient Europeans that weren't Neanderthals were Cro-Magnon, and by phenotype they are mostly concentrated in the northern part of Continental Europe. In other words, Germany, the Netherlands, Scandinavia, Baltic States, Finland and Northern + Eastern Slavic countries such as Poland, Russia, Ukraine well include the Czechs and Slovaks too, British Anglo-Saxons as well. Germanics are known for having square jaws, such as Oliver Kahn who is pretty much pure Cro-Magnoid.

http://www.hdwallcloud.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/97.jpg

Don't find these types as much in Southern Europe, although the CM element exists among all European populations by quite a damn bit.
http://realhistoryww.com/world_history/ancient/images_eman/cro_magnon_3.jpg

Albion
10-05-2013, 01:00 AM
My paternal grandfather and his 2 Sisters: South-West british ancestry. I think i inherited his Paleoatlantid skull.

You look like a more gracile version of your grandfather.

Swearengen
10-05-2013, 01:19 AM
lol this is bullshit. The most ancient Europeans that weren't Neanderthals were Cro-Magnon, and by phenotype they are mostly concentrated in the northern part of Continental Europe. In other words, Germany, the Netherlands, Scandinavia, Baltic States, Finland and Northern + Eastern Slavic countries such as Poland, Russia, Ukraine well include the Czechs and Slovaks too, British Anglo-Saxons as well. Germanics are known for having square jaws, such as Oliver Kahn who is pretty much pure Cro-Magnoid.

http://www.hdwallcloud.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/97.jpg

Don't find these types as much in Southern Europe, although the CM element exists among all European populations by quite a damn bit.
http://realhistoryww.com/world_history/ancient/images_eman/cro_magnon_3.jpg

there are a lot of CM types in spain and even italy.

Smeagol
10-05-2013, 01:24 AM

Many are mixed with CM, yes. Pure CM types are pretty rare everywhere though.

Swearengen
10-05-2013, 01:27 AM
Many are mixed with CM, yes. Pure CM types are pretty rare everywhere though.

true, but some of the more pure CMs i've seen have been spaniard.

Rosenrot
10-05-2013, 01:39 AM
http://www.regista-blog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Steve-Harris-Iron-Maiden.jpg
Steve Harris would be a dark british i think. At last in hair/ eye pigmentation.

Bloody
10-05-2013, 02:39 AM
http://www.regista-blog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Steve-Harris-Iron-Maiden.jpg
Steve Harris would be a dark british i think. At last in hair/ eye pigmentation.
He has a pretty common british pigmentation, so does bryan may, look for many pictures to have a better idea, ritchie blackmore is a better example of dark brit.

Anthropologique
10-05-2013, 03:08 AM
Here's some more resources. The British Isles as a whole is around 72% blue eyed (or light mixed too i guess), which seems about right based on my own experiences. Varies on where you go of course, and within families. For example in my Dad's family pretty much everyone has blue or light mixed eyes, but in my Mum's it's about 50/50:

http://unsafeharbour.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/country-eye-pigmentation.jpg
http://unsafeharbour.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/map-europepigmentationgenes.jpg

This is based on just 3 alleles among thousands that determine pigmentation. The map was put together by some guy who is a Eurogenes participant.

Anthropologique
10-05-2013, 03:11 AM
It depends of the brown and also the origins of the observer. Here, light and medium brown hair are considered light hair.

The standard range for light hair is light brown to platinum.

Jackson
10-05-2013, 09:56 AM
This is based on just 3 alleles among thousands that determine pigmentation. The map was put together by some guy who is a Eurogenes participant.

I know, i just posted it as it was on the same site and i had seen it before. There is actually two or three ones like that but i can't remember where i found the other ones.

Scholarios
10-05-2013, 10:09 AM
http://trialx.com/curetalk/wp-content/blogs.dir/7/files/2011/04/gcelebrities/Roger_Rees-1.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-BMqYZ3lopCw/UZd96NqiPSI/AAAAAAAACtg/sr5B2OlTcyU/s1600/criesfromthemammalhouse05.jpg

http://www.playbill.com/images/photo/r/e/rees1.gif

Roger Rees

Corvus
10-05-2013, 10:17 AM
Phenotype does not always correlate with genetic results as Albion and Jackson have adequatly described.
There are also sometimes huge differences within families.
And bear in mind that cultural commonalities as well as mentality are more important than phenotypes.
It does not matter if someone is a darker than the average person in England, as long as he/she is English by language, ancestry as well as customs, conventions and habits.

Prince Carlo
10-05-2013, 01:32 PM

I find it hard to believe that French are darker than Italians. On the other hand French people are on par with South Germans/Austrians when it comes to pigmentation.

[/img]
Lol, if Nigel Lawson turned a bit more to the right, that would read 'English muff' :D

Nigella Lawson is an Ashkenazi jewess.

Bloody
10-05-2013, 03:11 PM
I find it hard to believe that French are darker than Italians. On the other hand French people are on par with South Germans/Austrians when it comes to pigmentation.

Nigella Lawson is an Ashkenazi jewess.
French are darker than southern germans when It comes to pigmentation, specially hair and eyes. Only north-east french come close.

When it comes to pigmentation..

Southern france : north-east spain/upper north italy
Central france: Romania
Northern france : Uk/wallonia

Its about hair / eye pigmentation

Roy
10-05-2013, 03:29 PM
true, but some of the more pure CMs i've seen have been spaniard.

But at the same time Spanish people are among the least CM-looking nations similar in this regard to Italians; very gracile looking - despite some dychotomy. Brits are on the hand darker than they're portrayed to be, but still light.

But they don't look like Kahn.

Anthropologique
10-05-2013, 03:47 PM
Phenotype does not always correlate with genetic results as Albion and Jackson have adequatly described.
There are also sometimes huge differences within families.
And bear in mind that cultural commonalities as well as mentality are more important than phenotypes.
It does not matter if someone is a darker than the average person in England, as long as he/she is English by language, ancestry as well as customs, conventions and habits.

I know I sound repetitive however, DNA behaves RANDOMLY and if you happen to cluster with Y population group it doesn't mean you will display all or most of the phenotypic traits of Y. You may show many, or only a few.

Übermensch
10-06-2013, 08:52 AM
Crowd of Danes, don't see much differences with English and Irish people:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/1375321_215000178677706_1795700165_n.jpg

Übermensch
10-11-2013, 08:15 PM
In terms of percentage is really rare to find ''swartzy brits'':

around 0,5% got black hair like this:

http://www.zeusnews.it/img/4/5/1/5/1/0/015154-connery.jpg

around 20-22% have dark brown hair (4-5 fischer schale) like this:

http://cdn02.cdn.justjared.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/connelly-toronto/jennifer-connelly-toronto-film-festival-16.jpg

around 40-45% medium brown to dark blond hair (fischer 6-11),similar to this:

around 20-25% have medium or light blond hair,like that:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/cf/Young_blond_man.jpg/450px-Young_blond_man.jpg

5-10% got red to auburn hair.

In terms of eye colour 80-90% light eyed in England-Ireland-Scotland (Including mixed ''hazel eyes'') and 60-70% in Wales.
In terms of skin tone they are mostly I or II, so very pale, they hardly tan at all, and freckles are frequent, about 40-50%.

Kalimtari
10-11-2013, 08:40 PM
^^

et le source s'il te plait?

Übermensch
10-11-2013, 08:44 PM
^^

et le source s'il te plait?

Beddoe and Coon.
My trip in England and Ireland confirm their data.

Grace O'Malley
10-12-2013, 07:05 AM
It sounds very accurate to me Nihilist.

Bloody
10-16-2013, 03:50 PM
In terms of percentage is really rare to find ''swartzy brits'':

around 0,5% got black hair like this:

http://www.zeusnews.it/img/4/5/1/5/1/0/015154-connery.jpg

around 20-22% have dark brown hair (4-5 fischer schale) like this:

http://cdn02.cdn.justjared.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/connelly-toronto/jennifer-connelly-toronto-film-festival-16.jpg

around 40-45% medium brown to dark blond hair (fischer 6-11),similar to this:

around 20-25% have medium or light blond hair,like that:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/cf/Young_blond_man.jpg/450px-Young_blond_man.jpg

5-10% got red to auburn hair.

In terms of eye colour 80-90% light eyed in England-Ireland-Scotland (Including mixed ''hazel eyes'') and 60-70% in Wales.
In terms of skin tone they are mostly I or II, so very pale, they hardly tan at all, and freckles are frequent, about 40-50%.

There is no chance hugh grant is dark blond LOL, he is dark to medium brown on my book, plain mousy brown at most.

I've been to the UK and from what I've seen Its about 30% of people with jennifer connelly pigmentation (dark-brown/black hair) , in Ireland It could easily go above 40% of population.

Medium (Mousy brown hair) must be present in about 40% of brits.

Redheads are about 6-8% in the UK.
There is no way 25% of brits with goldern/light blond hair, Its about 20-22% of blondes in the UK (except wales where its way darker) and the vast majority of them in the dark end of the spectrum like peter crouch or david beckham (who is nowadays more lightbrown btw).

Blondes like the one you posted on picture are no way above 5% of native british population, and they are more concentrated in the eastern parts of the UK. Good luck finding someone like this in Wales.

Brits are considerably darker than other northern europeans (specially talking about hair color, although some areas of the Isles are notably dark eyed too, such as Wales and southern england.)

Bloody
10-16-2013, 03:55 PM
Crowd of Danes, don't see much differences with English and Irish people:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/1375321_215000178677706_1795700165_n.jpg

Bad lighting , and you cant assure they are natives either, why dont find pictures with proper lighting from folk music concerts where you are sure nearly everybody is ethnic danes?

And I can tell you, going from Denmark to Britain you really do notice the difference, hardly a pure blonde nordic looking person in the UK, at least on big cities, and I'm talking about true ethinc brits, not migrants from pakistan. Denmark has tons of blonde nordics in every corner, there same phenomenom is seen all over northern europe, except the UK and Ireland, where true blonde is uncommon among adults.

Typical ethnic british girls without help from magical bleach..
http://www.documentingreality.com/forum/attachments/f10/95962d1254421895-british-students-killed-ecuadorian-bus-crash-images-found-girlsgrg_450x390.jpg

You can see nor their pigmentation, neither their facial features are extremely nordic, they look rather atlantid/paleoatlantid, or atlanto(paleo)-brunn on average.

Jackson
10-16-2013, 05:02 PM
Lol...

I've spent over 7000 days in the British Isles, because i live there. Bloody you certainly live in a land of fantasy, is it free entry or do you need to buy tickets?

Übermensch
10-16-2013, 05:12 PM
The Brits are very fair and similar to scandinavians mostly.
In Ireland hair colour percentage was:

2,5% black hair (or very dark brown)
37,5% dark brown hair Fischer 4-5
35% medium to light brown hair (fischer 6-12)
4% pure red
5% reddish
16% light blonde

in terms of eye colour: 40% blue,20% hazel-blue,20% green,15% hazel,5% brown (only 0,4% dark brown)

in England

0,5% black hair
22% dark brown hair fischer 4-5
45% medium to light brown hair 6-12
25% light blond hair
3% pure red
4% reddish

eye colour: 25% blue,40% hazel-blue,15% green,10% hazel,10% brown

Don't know about Wales and Scotland but they aren't dark either.

Black Wolf
10-16-2013, 05:16 PM

4% pure red
5% reddish
16% light blonde

in terms of eye colour: 40% blue,20% hazel-blue,20% green,15% hazel,5% brown (only 0,4% dark brown)

in England

0,5% black hair
25% light blond hair
3% pure red
4% reddish

What the hell is hazel-blue?

Smaug
10-16-2013, 05:19 PM
Jennifer Connelly is half Irish and half Jewish, not British.

Black Wolf
10-16-2013, 05:20 PM
He has probably already been mentioned but I think Sean Connery is a good example of a swarthy Brit.

Übermensch
10-16-2013, 05:26 PM
What the hell is hazel-blue?

Is blue with some minor yellow-brown.

Bloody
10-16-2013, 05:28 PM

4% pure red
5% reddish
16% light blonde

in England

0,5% black hair
25% light blond hair
3% pure red
4% reddish

Where? in a small patch around yorkshire?

England is not Sweden or finland, dark blonde hair is much commoner among brits than light blonde which is on the single digits. Anyways most brits are medium/mousy brown haired, closely followed by dark brown hair. Dark brown hair is even majority among welsh and Irish.

Bloody
10-16-2013, 05:31 PM
Lol...

I've spent over 7000 days in the British Isles, because i live there. Bloody you certainly live in a land of fantasy, is it free entry or do you need to buy tickets?

Most british women look like this:

http://www.documentingreality.com/forum/attachments/f10/95962d1254421895-british-students-killed-ecuadorian-bus-crash-images-found-girlsgrg_450x390.jpg

and not like Carolina kluft clones. The vast majority of blonde British women I've encountered have been clearly of the fake/bleached variety, as high as 70-80% of them. Brown hair is way more common than blond in the Isles. Lightblond hairs is less common than red hair among all british Isles ethnicities.

Übermensch
10-16-2013, 05:36 PM
Where? in a small patch around yorkshire?

England is not Sweden or finland, dark blonde hair is much commoner among brits than light blonde which is on the single digits. Anyways most brits are medium/mousy brown haired, closely followed by dark brown hair. Dark brown hair is even majority among welsh and Irish.

Among Danes it would be:

around 15-20% dark brown 4-5
45% light to medium brown 6-12
20-25% golden blond hair 12-21
15% ash-platinium blond hair 22-26

So fairly similar.
Around 90% light or light mixed eyed, brown eyes are only 3% in Denmark

Übermensch
10-16-2013, 05:45 PM
http://bech.uni-c.dk/tnc2006/tuesday/x377.jpg

Danish people.

Bloody
10-16-2013, 05:46 PM
Among Danes it would be:

around 20% dark brown 4-5
45% light to medium brown 6-12
20% golden blond hair 12-21
15% ash-platinium blond hair 22-26

So fairly similar.
Around 90% light or light mixed eyed, brown eyes are only 3% in Denmark

You must be a clown if you dare to claim england is similar in hair color to denmark, Its not even close, really. England is even notablymore brunette than Germany as a whole, let alone Demark. England Is probably the most similar to Northern France, when It comes down to pigmentation of their ethnic population.

What about those danes?

http://cphpost.dk/sites/default/files/styles/400x300/public/roskilde-top.jpg

http://www.indierockreviews.com/wpcontent/uploads/2010/07/36124_470059294987_691409987_6408626_3487250_n.jpg

http://nimg.sulekha.com/entertainment/original700/denmark-roskilde-festival-2011-7-2-7-10-39.jpg

http://rwrant.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Crowd-at-Roskilde-2011-in-Denmark.jpg

Übermensch
10-16-2013, 05:48 PM
You must be a clown if you dare to claim england is similar in hair color to denmark, Its not even close, really. England is even notablymore brunette than Germany as a whole, let alone Demark. England Is probably the most similar to Northern France, when It comes down to pigmentation of their ethnic population.

Where do you think the anglo-saxon came? You must accept english people are very fair, way lighter than french people and they have a way higer frequency of blondism than brunetttism.

Bloody
10-16-2013, 06:00 PM
Where do you think the anglo-saxon came? You must accept english people are very fair, way lighter than french people and they have a way higer frequency of blondism than brunetttism.

English are overall lighter than french as a whole, however they are not lighter than people in northern france, probably quite similar pigmentation wise (and even height -wise)
Its clear you have a romanticized version of the english being uber nordid and classic anglo-saxon looking which couldn't be furthern from the truth.
The english are quite fair when it comes to skin complexion on average, however when it goes about eye and specially hair blondism they are notably darker than all other people around the same latitudes or even somewhat further south. For example there are more natural blondes among ethnic czech than among ethnic english, there is no doubt about it, which doesnt make english southern europeans at all, but they are just not the typical northern european population of tall blonde people as you have in mind, even germans fit much more that stereotype imo, and of course the more little countries of northern europe (denmark, sweden, norway, netherlands, etc)

The fact that so many english (and brits as a whole ) are atlantid or have clearly atlantid traces going on does nothing but support my Idea why the British people tend to be much more dark-haired as a whole than other northeners. Atlantids are typically known for their dark hair (anything ranging from nearly pitch black hair to mousy/medium brown).

Anglo-saxon has nothing to do with race, its more a ethno-cultural term applied to a specific group of people. There was hardly any significant racial impact from angles, saxon, jutes, etc in the Isles, besides a little patches on east anglia. We can trustworthy claim that the Anglo-saxon was more of a cultural and linguistical input in the Isles rather than a racial cleansing or ethnic-wipe out, however you wish to call it.

WOOHP
10-16-2013, 07:17 PM
The English are significantly darker than Danes but on par with the German average and slightly darker than the Dutch and Flemish. They are also on par with Wallons and Northern French(Brittany excluded).

People need to accept the fact that Brits look very Germanic or at least very Northwestern. Scandinavians are only slightly closer to Germans than to Brits, and that's because of Northern Germany.

Anthropologique
10-16-2013, 07:18 PM

What about those danes?

http://cphpost.dk/sites/default/files/styles/400x300/public/roskilde-top.jpg

He just makes up stuff, half the time. He's 16 (so he claim's), going on 9.

http://www.indierockreviews.com/wpcontent/uploads/2010/07/36124_470059294987_691409987_6408626_3487250_n.jpg

http://nimg.sulekha.com/entertainment/original700/denmark-roskilde-festival-2011-7-2-7-10-39.jpg

http://rwrant.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Crowd-at-Roskilde-2011-in-Denmark.jpg

Delete ---

Anthropologique
10-16-2013, 07:22 PM

Where do you come up with this crap. The English are light generally but darker types are a good percentage of the population. Apparently you don't know much about Britain's ancient history.

Anglo-Saxons are a blend of native English with Dane and Frisian ... so what?

Bloody
10-16-2013, 07:26 PM
The English are significantly darker than Danes but on par with the German average and slightly darker than the Dutch and Flemish. They are also on par with Wallons and Northern French(Brittany excluded).

People need to accept the fact that Brits look very Germanic or at least very Northwestern. Scandinavians are only slightly closer to Germans than to Brits, and that's because of Northern Germany.

Brits don't look very Germanic, they look rather British Islander (we could depic that sort of looks as Atlantic-Western european), which is a mixture of many Western and North-western phenotypes, mainly atlantid in all Its variations (North Atlantid, paleo-atlantid, plain atlantid) and brunn.

Germans, Dutch and Scandinavians have quite often the hollywoodesque germanic looks (very tall, very blonde, massive kind of physiques), Brits look very Western european in my book, tend to be more gracile builds (probably due to high atlantid component) but not very northern (as in nordic, faelid, borreby sense).

If Brits look very northern, then you have to claim north-west french are very northern too, because they are the closest thing physically wise you can get in Europe (obviously besides Ireland).

Smeagol
10-16-2013, 07:28 PM
Only delusional people say English look closer to Iberians then to other Germanics. They're closer genetically even to East Slavs then they are to Iberians.

WOOHP
10-16-2013, 07:29 PM
Brits don't look very Germany, they look rather British Islander, which is a mixture of many NW phenotypes, mainly atlantid in all Its variations (North Atlantid, paleo-atlantid, plain atlantid) and brunn.

Germans, Dutch and Scandinavians have quite often the hollywoodesque germanic looks, Brits look just British.

Germanic does not mean looking German. Scandinavians are the ones closest to the Germanic look, followed by North Germans and Dutch people. You can't deny the heavy overlap between Brits and the ones I mentioned.

Look at the Irish people thread. I see loads of Irish there who would fit quite easily in Scandinavia. I can assure you that Alice doesn't cherrry pick them.

Bloody
10-16-2013, 07:30 PM
Where do you come up with this crap. The English are light generally but darker types are a good percentage of the population. Apparently you don't know much about Britain's ancient history.

YEs and the native english are those of pre-celtic and pre-germanic origin, and they are still the overwhelm ancestry of most modern day british Islanders.

Anthropologique
10-16-2013, 07:31 PM
Most Brits don't look Germanic. LOL. The majority is some form of Atlantid, although these types are somewhat lighter on average to what you have in some other parts of the Atlantic facade, like France, Spain and Portugal.

Anthropologique
YEs and the native english are those of pre-celtic and pre-germanic origin, and they are still the overwhelm ancestry of most modern day british Islanders.

Of course. Atlantic facade peoples.

Smeagol

Native English are still fair. Interesting how you claim medieval Germanic invasions are the reason the English don't cluster with Iberians, and then thumb up a post which claims there was no real Germanic influence on the genetics.;)

Bloody
10-16-2013, 07:33 PM
Only delusional people say English look closer to Iberians then to other Germanics. They're closer genetically even to East Slavs then they are to Iberians.

Physically wise British people are closer to northern and atlantic western french populations than they are to germanics, You don't need a pair of glasses to see the obvious.

Iberians are a different case some Iberians look uncanny to british people. however they tend to be more often than not from specific regions of Spain, such as Asturias, Galicia, Cantabria and the Basque country.

Anthropologique
10-16-2013, 07:34 PM

The British in great part look like what they are. Some may appear Germanic, while a percentage show equivalencies with French, Spaniards and Portuguese. What's the BFD here?

WOOHP
10-16-2013, 07:35 PM
Most Brits don't look Germanic. LOL. The majority is some form of Atlantid, although these types are somewhat lighter on average to what you have in some other parts of the Atlantic facade, like France, Spain and Portugal.
You're making a fool out of yourself.

North Atlantid and Paleo-Atlantid are Northwest European types are occur more frequently in Benelux, Western Germany and Scandinavia than in Iberia.
The Borreby, Anglo-Saxon, Brünn and Keltic Nordid are also very strong in the British Isles.

I posted several big group photos with many indivudals from England just a couple pages back. You can see how close they to other Germanics.

Bloody
10-16-2013, 07:35 PM

Yes thats the difference, Britain (specially england) and Ireland and predominantly fairer type of atlantids, such as north atlantid, etc, meanwhile western france is more plain atlantid influenced (more similar to wales), although in the north of france there a higher share of north-atlantid and lighter atlantid variation. Spain has more of the atlanto med phenotype, however atlantids are not uncommon in northern parts of the country.

Anthropologique
10-16-2013, 07:36 PM
Physically wise British people are closer to northern and atlantic western french populations than they are to germanics, You don't need a pair of glasses to see the obvious.

Iberians are a different case some Iberians look uncanny to british people. however they tend to be more often than not from specific regions of Spain, such as Asturias, Galicia, Cantabria and the Basque country.

Indeed. NW Iberia (Galicia, N. Portugal, Asturias, Cantabria) shows some equivalencies with the British and Irish. Not major, but it exists.

Bloody
10-16-2013, 07:37 PM
You're making a fool out of yourself.

North Atlantid and Paleo-Atlantid are Northwest European types are occur more frequently in Benelux, Western Germany and Scandinavia than in Iberia.
The Borreby, Anglo-Saxon, Brünn and Keltic Nordid are also very strong in the British Isles.

I posted several big group photos with many indivudals from England just a couple pages back. You can see how close they to other Germanics.

You read much coon or mcculloch, Brits dont look like continental europeans for some reason, and If they do they usually look like their cousins of the atlantic facade, It goes beyond pigmentation (although the british are clearly more brunette than other northern european populations), but brits in terms of structure of face, body they are often much less massive than nordics and continental germanics, who are typically taller and more massive.

You show the case of typical american who grew up reading coon and the likes and have a fantacious idea of how the ISles are a nordic kind of country where everybody looks uber-germanic and blonde, however I've never seen any ethnic brits on his sane judment to claim something like this. Even the real british people would claim atlantid phenotypes either predominantly or noticeably present are the majority on the ISles, and not keltic noridc or whatever some clown wrote in a book in middle of nowherer 200 years ago.

You must think why Its always americans claming the british to be very nordic and not brits themselves. Brits look similar to Irish but none. And when it comes to contrasting them to other europeans outside the anglospheric world, well northern french are the most similar, because of high north atlantid there, and also because people looks like a balanced mix of western european phenotype, not too southern european but neither extremely nordic as a whole.

Anthropologique
10-16-2013, 07:38 PM
Yes thats the difference, Britain (specially england) and Ireland and predominantly fairer type of atlantids, such as north atlantid, etc, meanwhile western france is more plain atlantid influenced (more similar to wales), although in the north of france there a higher share of north-atlantid and lighter atlantid variation. Spain has more of the atlanto med phenotype, however atlantids are not uncommon in northern parts of the country.

That's what knowledgeable people have been saying on here for the longest time. Some loons on TA are just in denial.

WOOHP
10-16-2013, 07:38 PM
The British in great part look like what they are. Some may appear Germanic, while a percentage show equivalencies with French, Spaniards and Portuguese. What's the BFD here?

The British in great part are what they are. They cluster and show scores always, always MUCH closer to those of Scandinavia, Benelux and Germany. Sometimes the French sneak in there ahead of some Germanics but overall the scores are quite telling.

I notice that you use Autosomal DNA to back up your arguments about Iberians being lighter than Italians and more Northern looking, meaning that Autosomal DNA goes pretty much hand in hand with physical anthropology according to you. But when it comes to Brits you completely ignore that. Strange.

Anthropologique
10-16-2013, 07:39 PM
You read much coon or mcculloch, Brits dont look like continental europeans for some reason, and If they do they usually look like their cousins of the atlantic facade, It goes beyond pigmentation (although the british are clearly more brunette than other northern european populations), but brits in terms of structure of face, body they are often much less massive than nordics and continental germanics, who are typically taller and more massive.

Indeed. Remember, you are fighting some delusional people on here.

WOOHP
10-16-2013, 07:41 PM

I don't read Coon you stupid troll.

Look in the genetics section and look at the group photos posted in the Irish and Scottish people threads. I hope it's not much to ask for.

Smeagol
10-16-2013, 07:42 PM
The majority is some form of Atlantid, although these types are somewhat lighter on average to what you have in some other parts of the Atlantic facade, like France, Spain and Portugal.

No, Brits are not just lighter Atlantids.

Smeagol
10-16-2013, 07:43 PM

Well, that's just not true. Genetically, they're also closer to Germans, then to French.

Bloody
10-16-2013, 07:44 PM
Well, that's just not true. Genetically, they're also closer to Germans, then to French.

But phenotypically wise closer to french (Northern french).

Bloody
10-16-2013, 07:46 PM
I don't read Coon you stupid troll.

Look in the genetics section and look at the group photos posted in the Irish and Scottish people threads. I hope it's not much to ask for.

Thats why british posters here agree with me and not with you, Atlantid variations are by far the commonest among British Islanders, as high as 70% of british Islanders have some atlantid traces in, being about the half of them fully or overwhelming predominant atlantid variations, like it or not.

Here the only stupid trolls are those people who blindly claim the UK being a pure anglosaxon nations being overwhelmingly nordic/cm , its not even close to that.

Smeagol
10-16-2013, 07:46 PM

Really? Those native English then were still a fair northern people.

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/5010/europew.png

Bloody
10-16-2013, 07:48 PM
Really? Those native English then were still a fair northern people.

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/5010/europew.png

And? they still dont look like continental germanics and Scandinavians, for the god's sake how many million times do I have to repeat it to you?

Smeagol
10-16-2013, 07:49 PM
Thats why british posters here agree with me and not with you,
Which British posters agree with you?

Atlantid variations are by far the commonest among British Islanders, as high as 70% of british Islanders have some atlantid traces in, being about the half of them fully or overwhelming predominant atlantid variations, like it or not.

Source, please.

Anthropologique
10-16-2013, 07:49 PM

Yes they are, but the majority do not conform phenotypically to standard Germanics. Christ, my wife's family is from Scotland and she just laughs at such BS. I've been all over Britain and the Germanic type is just not dominant. Sorry.

Smeagol
10-16-2013, 07:50 PM
And? they still dont look like continental germanics and Scandinavians, for the god's sake how many million times do I have to repeat it to you?

Yes, they are far closer in appearance to them, then anyone else. Generally people look like they are genetically, and the British are obviously genetically northern, close to Germans, and Scandinavians.

Bloody
10-16-2013, 07:51 PM
Which British posters agree with you?

Source, please.

Ask to any british member on this board who isn't a nordicist, Uhtred for example.

It's weird that after so many decades of cheap flights, internet, etc the stereotypes still keep alive so much, even when most of times they are so further away from truth..

Smeagol
10-16-2013, 07:53 PM
Yes they are, but the majority do not conform phenotypically to standard Germanics. Christ, my wife's family is from Scotland and she just laughs at such BS. I've been all over Britain and the Germanic type is just not dominant. Sorry.

So they don't look like what they are?:confused:;) I had a girlfriend whose family was from Scotland by the way, very Germanic looking.

sgc2009
10-16-2013, 07:53 PM
Germanic does not mean looking German. Scandinavians are the ones closest to the Germanic look, followed by North Germans and Dutch people. You can't deny the heavy overlap between Brits and the ones I mentioned.

How do you figure? If anything, North Germans and Dutch along with Danes would be closest to the "Germanic look" considering they're genetically the most Germanic.

Smeagol
10-16-2013, 07:54 PM
Ask to any british member on this board who isn't a nordicist

They won't agree with you. Just look at every British classification thread here, they aren't predominantly Atlantid.

Bloody
10-16-2013, 07:55 PM
Yes, they are far closer in appearance to them, then anyone else. Generally people look like they are genetically, and the British are obviously genetically northern, close to Germans, and Scandinavians.

British people look much closer to northern/wester french. Germans are way more massive build on average and taller, so are scandinavians. The big atlantid component gives a much more fragile builds to british Islanders in comparison, exception might be some welsh who are stocky and Irish due to higher brunn component.

Smeagol
10-16-2013, 07:57 PM
British people look much closer to northern/wester french. Germans are way more massive build on average and taller, so are scandinavians. The big atlantid component gives a much more fragile builds to british Islanders in comparison, exception might be some welsh who are stocky and Irish due to higher brunn component.

Except they aren't predominantly Atlantid. You should look at the British classification threads on here.

Bloody
10-16-2013, 07:59 PM
They won't agree with you. Just look at every British classification thread here, they aren't predominantly Atlantid.

How they don't?

What % of British Islanders would you estimate being either predominantly Atlantid/North Atlantid/Paleo atlantid, or at least considerably influenced by any of those phenotypes?
I'd say easily at least 70% of brits have some atlantid going on, on different degrees. Perhaps 30-35% are very atlantid looking, meanwhile 35-40% have some atlantid traces clearly recognizable.

I agree with your numbers. Most Brits do have at least some Atlantid influence.

Anthropologique
10-16-2013, 08:01 PM
So they don't look like what they are?:confused:;) I had a girlfriend whose family was from Scotland by the way, very Germanic looking.

The majority are not. Most Scots are Atlantid in some form - even the blonds and redheads. Sure, there are Germanics and Scandi looking ones but they are not dominant - and Scots are the most Nordic of the British.

WOOHP
10-16-2013, 08:04 PM
How do you figure? If anything, North Germans and Dutch along with Danes would be closest to the "Germanic look" considering they're genetically the most Germanic.
Danes are Scandinavians and to precise, South Scandinavians are the most Germanic. Dutch and Germans have slightly mixed with other non Germanic people.

How they don't?
Uhtred is a very known Celto-centrist who always want to associate Britain with Iberia and distance it from other Germanics.
Nothing against his opinions though. They arn't trollish like yours.

Smeagol
10-16-2013, 08:05 PM
Uhtred for example.

He's Brazilian.

WOOHP
10-16-2013, 08:05 PM
The majority are not. Most Scots are Atlantid in some form - even the blonds and redheads. Sure, there are Germanics and Scandi looking ones but they are not dominant - and Scots are the most Nordic of the British.

So autosomal data does not apply here? But in Iberia it does?

Do the great Anthropoloshit decide when it's accurate and when it's not?

Hevo
10-16-2013, 08:07 PM
Danes are Scandinavians and to precise, South Scandinavians are the most Germanic. Dutch and Germans have slightly mixed with other non Germanic people.

Which non-Germanic people group do you mean?

Bloody

A video of typical british football fans:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGfbP5FlbaI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2qMKkoI_gE

Now dont come and tell me they are mostly foreigners because they are not.

Smeagol

Most Scots are not Atlantid.
Here, Irish, and Scottish people.
http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?32172-The-Scots-The-people-of-Northern-U-K-Scotland-amp-Diaspora
http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?68667-Irish-People

Bloody
10-16-2013, 08:08 PM

Uhtred is a very known Celto-centrist who always want to associate Britain with Iberia and distance it from other Germanics.

I didnt associate britain and Iberia directly, but rather Britain and France. Iberians still have some types (who are not few at all but neither majority) perfectly able to pass unnoticed in the UK

WOOHP
10-16-2013, 08:10 PM
Which non-Germanic people group do you mean?

Celts for the Netherlands and some parts of Germany. Slavs in Eastern Germany.

But like I said. It's not much at all. But genetically speaking the Dutch seem to be closer to Brits.

Anthropologique
10-16-2013, 08:11 PM
He's Brazilian.

His family is Welsh and Portuguese (Bracari / Gallaecian) - Celtic from both sides. He lives in Wales.

Bloody
10-16-2013, 08:11 PM

Dutch and Northern germans are as germanic looking as It comes, however southern germany has more mixes with stereotypical phenotypes shared with other areas, such as dinarics, etc. In fact I find swedes more baltid looking than anything when you put the aside with the dutch or north-west germans who are more continental nordics.

In fact even in southern germany I saw more cartoonish germanic phenotypes, name it phalians, nordic/cm and anything of the likes, than anywhere in the UK where the component was typically western/atlantic europeans such as north atlantids, atlantid, or atlanto-brunn.

Bloody
10-16-2013, 08:14 PM

But like I said. It's not much at all. But genetically speaking the Dutch seem to be closer to Brits.

Dutch people are mostly Nordic/Cm mixes, so are northern germans, and Danes (although danes have a slight baltid component on the mix aswell).

Brits are mostly atlantid variations, sometimes mixed with brunn and others. I find it very easy to spot apart the dutch and northern germans from the british islanders, the first one look stereotypically continental nordics, as being massive build, tall , overwhelmingly blond, classical germanic looking. Brits look more like your typical generic pale white people, with mostly brown hair, who wouldnt have much of a deal fitting in the States as a random white group of people.

Anthropologique
10-16-2013, 08:15 PM
Most Scots are not Atlantid.
Here, Irish, and Scottish people.
http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?32172-The-Scots-The-people-of-Northern-U-K-Scotland-amp-Diaspora
http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?68667-Irish-People

Don't force it. Brits / Scots look pretty much what they are: a blend of native British, Atlantic facade with Nordid and Germanic. They don't look German, despite genetic overlap.

Scots:

WOOHP
10-16-2013, 08:16 PM
Dutch and Northern germans are as germanic looking as It comes, however southern germany has more mixes with stereotypical phenotypes shared with other areas, such as dinarics, etc. In fact I find swedes more baltid looking than anything when you put the aside with the dutch or north-west germans who are more continental nordics.

In fact even in southern germany I saw more cartoonish germanic phenotypes, name it phalians, nordic/cm and anything of the likes, than anywhere in the UK where the component was typically western/atlantic europeans such as north atlantids, atlantid, or atlanto-brunn.
West Baltids and to a lesser extent East Baltid exist in Denmark, Sweden and Norway. However, Scandinavians are more Nordo-CM/Trönder, which is associated with the Germanic type.
North Germany has a slight Polish/Baltid mix since the Prussian time. All though it's quite heavily exaggerated here at TA. I can't think of any important foreign admix in southern Scandinavia excpet for that some North Germans sttled there during Hansa period.

You're making silly statements again. Brits are quite Germanic looking and the ones who don't look distinctively British do often fit quite easily in other parts of Northwestern Europe.

WOOHP
10-16-2013, 08:17 PM
Don't force it. Brits / Scots look pretty much what they are: a blend of native British, Atlantic facade with Nordid and Germanic. They don't German, despite genetic overlap.

Scots:

Native British were not the same as those in Iberia. Irish have little Germanic admixture and they still score very high North Euro and cluster much closer to Scandos.

Bloody
10-16-2013, 08:18 PM
West Baltids and to a lesser extent East Baltid exist in Denmark, Sweden and Norway. However, Scandinavians are more Nordo-CM/Trönder, which is associated with the Germanic type.
North Germany has a slight Polish/Baltid mix since the Prussian time. All though it's quite heavily exaggerated here at TA. I can't think of any important foreign admix in southern Scandinavia excpet for that some North Germans sttled there during Hansa period.

You're making silly statements again. Brits are quite Germanic looking and the ones who don't look distinctively British do often fit quite easily in other parts of Northwestern Europe.

They are not, even the ones who are used as example such as david beckham have clear atlantid influence, so does jude law. I dont know what you consider quite germanic, but for me the british look something else, western/atlantic phenotypical variation comes to mind, not continental nordic/scandinavian one..

Only north east germany has some baltid mix, NW germany has nearly zero baltid, eastern influence.

Bloody
10-16-2013, 08:20 PM
Native British were not the same as those in Iberia. Irish have little Germanic admixture and they still score very high North Euro and cluster much closer to Scandos.

However when we talk about physical appearance british look different, cant you damned understand this? I would never take pierce brosnan as dutch or german, or wayne rooney as swedish, those people just look quite distinctive and different to people in other areas dont you understand it?

Only delusional people who has never traveled usually claim the same thing over and over and live under cliches such as Anglo-saxon england. couldn't be more wrong.

Smeagol
10-16-2013, 08:21 PM
His family is Welsh and Portuguese (Bracari / Gallaecian) - Celtic from both sides. He lives in Wales.

No, he's Brazilian, I've seen both him, and other members say it.

Hevo
10-16-2013, 08:22 PM

I don't know about Germany but it depends on the regions in The Netherlands. People in the Southern Netherlands(provinces like Limburg/North-Brabant) have generally some Celtic admixture true, but Frisians for example have generally very low or no Celtic admixture.

Anthropologique
10-16-2013, 08:23 PM
They are not, even the ones who are used as example such as david beckham have clear atlantid influence, so does jude law. I dont know what you consider quite germanic, but for me the british look something else, western/atlantic phenotypical variation comes to mind, not continental nordic/scandinavian one..

Only north east germany has some baltid mix, NW germany has nearly zero baltid, eastern influence.

English, Scottish, Irish, Welsh look primarily Northern Atlantic Facade. The English in particular resemble some types from Brittany and Normandy - and no, neither area is particularly Germanic looking.

Bloody
10-16-2013, 08:24 PM
English, Scottish, Irish, Welsh look primarily Northern Atlantic Facade. The English in particular resemble some types from Brittany and Normandy - and no, neither area is particularly Germanic looking.

Finally some wisdom words have been spoken.

Smeagol
10-16-2013, 08:25 PM
Don't force it. Brits / Scots look pretty much what they are: a blend of native British, Atlantic facade with Nordid and Germanic. They don't look German, despite genetic overlap.

Scots:

A few Scots look Atlantid, most don't, and even the ones who do are usually North Atlantids. What they are is a northern population, genetically most similar to Scandinavians, and Germans, so you're claiming they actually don't look like what they are.

Bloody
I don't know about Germany but it depends on the regions in The Netherlands. People in the Southern Netherlands(provinces like Limburg/North-Brabant) have some Celtic admixture true, but Frisians for example have very low or no Celtic admixture.

Still, even in deep south holland people look like any other continental germanic european population, the difference is that northern dutch have more matches with danes. British people look completly different group as a whole, so do the Irish.

Anthropologique

Not by heritage, he's not. He's all Celtic, both sides - the Portuguese portion is Bracari Celtic (Gallaecian Celtic). Just because his family immigrated to Brazil doesn't mean his genetic / ethnic heritage changed.

Bloody
10-16-2013, 08:26 PM
A few Scots look Atlantid, most don't, and even the ones who do are usually North Atlantids. What they are is a northern population, genetically most similar to Scandinavians, and Germans, so you're claiming they actually don't look like what they are.

Most scots are atlantids and atlanto-brunns. You probably never visited there, hence your claims come from some outdated silly book or some nordicist thread from some site on internet.

WOOHP
10-16-2013, 08:27 PM

Well, Germans adn Dutch are West Germanic and Danes, Swedes and Norwegians are North Germanic but neither of these have had much foreign influence and the reason to why they don't look exactly alike is due to sexuall selection maybe Idk. But I do know that the Germanic urheimat was Southern Scandinavia, and some parts of modern day Northern Germany and Frisia. Like I said, southern Scandinavians have very little non-Germanic admixture so therefore it's accurate to display them as the most Germanic people of today followed by Dutch people and Northern Germans.

However when we talk about physical appearance british look different, cant you damned understand this? I would never take pierce brosnan as dutch or german, or wayne rooney as swedish, those people just look quite distinctive and different to people in other areas dont you understand it?

Only delusional people who has never traveled usually claim the same thing over and over and live under cliches such as Anglo-saxon england. couldn't be more wrong.
England is more than half Germanic according to a new study posted by the British member Jackson, most of it being Anglo-Saxon and Danish/Jutish/Jylländsk.
But the native British populations living there were probably still quite close to their invaders.

There are threads about Irish, Scottish and English people. Good non-cherry picked group photos posted there. Go check them out and stop making such trollish comments.

Anthropologique
10-16-2013, 08:29 PM

You're wrong. I know Scotland only too well because of my wife. Most do not look Germanic or Scandinavian. More than a few Scots are clearly Atlantid, mainly N. Atlantid. There are also darker Atlantids who are Paleo.

Hevo
10-16-2013, 08:31 PM
Still, even in deep south holland people look like any other continental germanic european population, the difference is that northern dutch have more matches with danes.

Yes, i agree that the phenotype differences between North and the Southern Dutch people are very minimal and that they generally look ''West-Germanic''.

However i think that WOOHP is correct that the Danes/Southern Scandinavians are probably the most Germanic, and Northern Germans/Northern Dutchies are second.

Smeagol
10-16-2013, 08:33 PM
Not by heritage, he's not. He's all Celtic, both sides - the Portuguese portion is Bracari Celtic (Gallaecian Celtic). Just because his family immigrated to Brazil doesn't mean his genetic / ethnic heritage changed.

So what, he doesn't live there. I'm also, mostly British by heritage, it doesn't make me British.

WOOHP
10-16-2013, 08:34 PM

Yeah. According to him, autosomal data is sometimes accurate and other times not so much. Iberians score slightly higher Northern Euro than North Italians=Iberians are definitely more northern and lighter. Brits are much, much closer to Scandos and other Germanics genetically speaking=no, it's wrong Brits are still not Northern looking and definitely not Germanic.

Strange, isn't it?

Bloody
10-16-2013, 08:35 PM
Well, Germans adn Dutch are West Germanic and Danes, Swedes and Norwegians are North Germanic but neither of these have had much foreign influence and the reason to why they don't look exactly alike is due to sexuall selection maybe Idk. But I do know that the Germanic urheimat was Southern Scandinavia, and some parts of modern day Northern Germany and Frisia. Like I said, southern Scandinavians have very little non-Germanic admixture so therefore it's accurate to display them as the most Germanic people of today followed by Dutch people and Northern Germans.

England is more than half Germanic according to a new study posted by the British member Jackson, most of it being Anglo-Saxon and Danish/Jutish.
But the native British populations living there were probably still quite close to their invaders.

There are threads about Irish, Scottish and English people. There are very good non-cherry picked group photos posted there. Go check them out and stop making such trollish comments.

Because Its the damned truth, if you dont want to believe that thing then It's your problem.

Bloody
10-16-2013, 08:35 PM
Yeah. According to him, autosomal data is sometimes accurate and other times not so much. Iberians score slightly higher Northern Euro than North Italians=Iberians are definitely more northern and lighter. Brits are much, much closer to Scandos and other Germanics genetically speaking=no, it's wrong Brits are still not Northern looking and definitely not Germanic.

Strange, isn't it?

Brits look more like northern french, even tacitus spoke about the dark silures of the inhabitants of british isles and about how they looked like the gauls of france.

Smeagol
10-16-2013, 08:36 PM
You're wrong. I know Scotland only too well because of my wife. Most do not look Germanic or Scandinavian. More than a few Scots are clearly Atlantid, mainly N. Atlantid. There are also darker Atlantids who are Paleo.

Paleo-Atlantids are rare everywhere. I know the Scottish Atlantids are mainly North Atlantids, who are basically just dark haired Nordics in the first place. As for Irish, they're definitely mostly light haired, and light eyed, and Brunns are predominant.

WOOHP
Yes, i agree that the phenotype differences between North and the Southern Dutch people are very minimal and that they generally look ''West-Germanic''.

However i think that WOOHP is correct that the Danes/Southern Scandinavians are probably the most Germanic, and Northern Germans/Northern Dutchies are second.

You're right. People do really like to exaggerate the differences, when infact I don't think it's visible in the case of the Netherlands.

Bloody

Dutch look very germanic, so do scandinavians and most germans. British on the other hand look Werstern/Atlantic european, and not continental european/germanic at all, which makes sense due to their isolated geographical location.

Anthropologique
So what, he doesn't live there. I'm also, mostly British by heritage, it doesn't make me British.

It's immaterial. I left Brittany when I was less than two years old but it doesn't change the fact I'm over 50% Breton.

Bloody
10-16-2013, 08:37 PM
Paleo-Atlantids are rare everywhere. I know the Scottish Atlantids are mainly North Atlantids, who are basically just dark haired Nordics in the first place. As for Irish, they're definitely mostly light haired, and light eyed, and Brunns are predominant.

Have you ever been to the UK? Paleoatlantids are very common particularly in Wales and Southern england.

Smeagol
10-16-2013, 08:39 PM
Have you ever been to the UK? Paleoatlantids are very common particularly in Wales and Southern england.

Just once. Do you have a source for that statement, I don't believe it at all.

WOOHP
10-16-2013, 08:39 PM

Paleo-Atlantid is more common in Scandinavia than along the Atlantic facade(excpet for Brittany maybe). Most dark haired Swedes are North Atlantid or Paleo Atlantid or dark Borreby, from what I've seen.

Smeagol
10-16-2013, 08:40 PM
Brits look more like northern french, even tacitus spoke about the dark silures of the inhabitants of british isles and about how they looked like the gauls of france.

The Gauls were described as blond.

The Gauls are tall of body with rippling muscles and white of skin and their hair is blond, and not only naturally so for they also make it their practice by artificial means to increase the distinguishing colour which nature has given it. —Diodorus Siculus

Bloody
10-16-2013, 08:41 PM

The Gauls are tall of body with rippling muscles and white of skin and their hair is blond, and not only naturally so for they also make it their practice by artificial means to increase the distinguishing colour which nature has given it. —Diodorus Siculus

Maybe blond by romans standards which can be anything lighter than dark brown :thumb001:

Smeagol
10-16-2013, 08:46 PM
Maybe blond by romans standards which can be anything lighter than dark brown :thumb001:

Nope, the Romans used the word flavus to describe blonde hair, which means yellow. They used this word to refer to the hair, of both the Germanics, and the Gauls.

Smeagol
10-16-2013, 08:47 PM
It's immaterial. I left Brittany when I was less than two years old but it doesn't change the fact I'm over 50% Breton.

But he doesn't live in Wales.

Jackson
10-16-2013, 08:59 PM
English are overall lighter than french as a whole, however they are not lighter than people in northern france, probably quite similar pigmentation wise (and even height -wise)
Its clear you have a romanticized version of the english being uber nordid and classic anglo-saxon looking which couldn't be furthern from the truth.
The english are quite fair when it comes to skin complexion on average, however when it goes about eye and specially hair blondism they are notably darker than all other people around the same latitudes or even somewhat further south. For example there are more natural blondes among ethnic czech than among ethnic english, there is no doubt about it, which doesnt make english southern europeans at all, but they are just not the typical northern european population of tall blonde people as you have in mind, even germans fit much more that stereotype imo, and of course the more little countries of northern europe (denmark, sweden, norway, netherlands, etc)

The fact that so many english (and brits as a whole ) are atlantid or have clearly atlantid traces going on does nothing but support my Idea why the British people tend to be much more dark-haired as a whole than other northeners. Atlantids are typically known for their dark hair (anything ranging from nearly pitch black hair to mousy/medium brown).

Anglo-saxon has nothing to do with race, its more a ethno-cultural term applied to a specific group of people. There was hardly any significant racial impact from angles, saxon, jutes, etc in the Isles, besides a little patches on east anglia. We can trustworthy claim that the Anglo-saxon was more of a cultural and linguistical input in the Isles rather than a racial cleansing or ethnic-wipe out, however you wish to call it.

Well modern genetic research proves you wrong on that point.

For example the typical lineage of the British and Irish Celts (R1b-L21) falls to 12% in eastern England, 15% in the south-east and 18% in central England, while it is 50-60% on average in Wales, and 80%+ in Ireland. And that's after 1500 years of close contact. For comparison in Denmark R1b-L21 goes up to 9% in some areas, and most other Germanic areas it is 1-5%.

The most recent study showed much of England as being an average of 55% Germanic, 45% Celtic, although from my own observations this must vary somewhat even within this region. And again that is after 1500 years of contact with Celtic peoples.

Also our closest relatives are Dutch and NW Germans.

Jackson
10-16-2013, 09:03 PM
And in England that Celtic component is roughly half Irish-like and half northern French-like (although this northern French like component is dominant in Wales as well as parts of northern France).

Edit: Don't get me wrong, i love the Celts and have spent my life holidaying in Celtic Britain, but i just don't like fallacies to go unchallenged at the very least.

StonyArabia
10-16-2013, 09:04 PM
British=Celtic base German overlay basically. Never saw swarthy Brits.

WOOHP
10-16-2013, 09:06 PM
And in England that Celtic component is roughly half Irish-like and half northern French-like (although this northern French like component is dominant in Wales as well as parts of northern France).

Northwestern French like you mean? It came probably with the Brythonic people. Or is it Gaulish? If it's Gaulish then it's not just northern French like but general "French like".

Smeagol
10-16-2013, 09:11 PM
British=Celtic base German overlay basically. Never saw swarthy Brits.

Most British Americans are either North Atlantids, Kelto-Brunns, Keltic Nordics, Anglo-Saxons, or North Atlantids, I've barely ever seen one who wasn't. Nearly all of our founding fathers were Keltic Nordics as well.

Roy
10-16-2013, 09:12 PM
Northwestern French like you mean? It came probably with the Brythonic people. Or is it Gaulish? If it's Gaulish then it's not just northern French like but general "French like".

Breton people arrived to France from South-Western England and Cornwall in early Middle Ages.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f9/Britonia6hcentury.png/342px-Britonia6hcentury.png

Jackson
10-16-2013, 09:13 PM

Well the people of northern France (as in north-central if i remember correctly) are about 50% this 50% another type. There is a sliver of this other stuff in England, but it's mainly the Welsh-like stuff. So it suggests that it is predominantly from the Brythonic peoples, but there's definitely a smaller Gaulish element in there, which makes sense given that we know Belgic tribes came to Britain.

WOOHP
10-16-2013, 09:14 PM
Breton people arrived to France from South-Western England and Cornwall in early Middle Ages.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f9/Britonia6hcentury.png/342px-Britonia6hcentury.png

Yeah, so the French like DNA is actually Brythonic.

Jackson, how big is that component in the rest of France?

Smaug
10-16-2013, 09:17 PM

Yes, but my family is Welsh. You have already seen my picuture then it is confirmed.

WOOHP
10-16-2013, 09:18 PM
Well the people of northern France (as in north-central if i remember correctly) are about 50% this 50% another type. There is a sliver of this other stuff in England, but it's mainly the Welsh-like stuff. So it suggests that it is predominantly from the Brythonic peoples, but there's definitely a smaller Gaulish element in there, which makes sense given that we know Belgic tribes came to Britain.

What's the other type?

Jackson
10-16-2013, 09:21 PM
Yeah, so the French like DNA is actually Brythonic.

Jackson, how big is that component in the rest of France?

Actually looking at the maps again, it is about 60-70% in north Central France, and about 50-55% in NW France, yet it's only about 5% in the main body of England, although seems to go up to around 10% in the south-west.

The one that is dominant in Wales and is about 40% in NW France seems to be pretty much a British Isles group, as it's only found in very small amounts outside NW France and the British Isles, but the main central French group has a small presence in England, but not in Wales.

I imagine that thin sliver of French is mostly related to Gauls,Belgic tribes, Normans and maybe some Franks.

Smeagol
10-16-2013, 09:24 PM
Yes, but my family is Welsh. You have already seen my picuture then it is confirmed.

I know you're ethnically Welsh, but an American of British ancestry wouldn't be considered British, so...

Smaug
10-16-2013, 09:25 PM
I have never been to Scotland myself, but part of my ancestry is Scottish, and I did think there were less Atlantids in Scotland until I have a look on Graham's thread. There are many Atlantid Scots, according to Graham they are concentrated in the SW, near Glasgow. Of couse I still associate the Atlantid phenotype with Wales more than anything, when it comes to Britain.

Gaijin
10-16-2013, 09:57 PM

The actual writings of Diodorus Siculus attribute Red Hair to the Gauls.
There seems to have been adulterated reproductions of text. I have no idea why.

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2874/10317726706_58df68ed03_o.png

Smeagol
10-16-2013, 10:09 PM
The actual writings of Diodorus Siculus attribute Red Hair to the Gauls.
There seems to have been adulterated reproductions of text. I have no idea why.

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2874/10317726706_58df68ed03_o.png

I don't know why. My translation is different, but whatever.

Smaug
10-17-2013, 12:28 AM
I know you're ethnically Welsh, but an American of British ancestry wouldn't be considered British, so...

That depends on one's identification. My family is Welsh, I even speak Welsh, most of Welsh people don't.

Anthropologique
10-17-2013, 12:47 AM

I doubt the majority of Gauls were mostly naturally blond. They looked no different than the French of today, IMO.

Anthropologique
10-17-2013, 12:48 AM
I don't know why. My translation is different, but whatever.

I doubt that most were naturally blond. Enough fantasy.

Smaug
10-17-2013, 12:49 AM
I doubt the majority of Gauls were mostly naturally blond. They looked no different than the French of today.

It is known that Gauls dyed their hair blond to look scary. Most were probably brown-haired Alpinoids.

Smeagol
10-17-2013, 12:49 AM
I doubt the majority of Gauls were mostly naturally blond. They looked no different than the French of today.

Blonde enough for the Romans to describe them that way I guess.

Anthropologique
10-17-2013, 12:51 AM
I have never been to Scotland myself, but part of my ancestry is Scottish, and I did think there were less Atlantids in Scotland until I have a look on Graham's thread. There are many Atlantid Scots, according to Graham they are concentrated in the SW, near Glasgow. Of couse I still associate the Atlantid phenotype with Wales more than anything, when it comes to Britain.

That's what I've been telling these people all along. Like, I don't know Scotland when my wife is Scottish? Cut the fuc%#&g crap already

Smeagol
10-17-2013, 12:52 AM
It is known that Gauls dyed their hair blond to look scary. Most were probably brown-haired Alpinoids.

But Diodorus Siculus says they also had natural blonde hair. I also doubt that most were Alpine, most modern French aren't pure Alpines, and they probably have even less IE influence then ancient Gauls. Most of the early Celtic crania is dolichocephalic anyway.

Anthropologique
10-17-2013, 12:54 AM

Exactly. To take as fact much of what the ancients wrote is folly. Herodotus didn't even know the true course of the Danube River, but he did identity (correctly) SW Iberia as "the land of Celts."

Anthropologique
10-17-2013, 12:56 AM
But Diodorus Siculus says they also had natural blonde hair. I also doubt that most were Alpine, most modern French aren't pure Alpines, and they probably have even less IE influence then ancient Gauls. Most of the early Celtic crania is dolichocephalic anyway.

A few certainly did, but most likely had brown hair.

Smeagol
10-17-2013, 01:04 AM
A few certainly did, but most likely had brown hair.

Probably, but it's also wrong to label them as Alpine.

Stormer99
10-17-2013, 01:08 AM

Why wouldn't they be?

Smeagol
10-17-2013, 01:08 AM
Why wouldn't they be?

Because they aren't.

amerinese
10-17-2013, 01:10 AM
Why wouldn't they be?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/35/Battle_of_New_Orleans.jpg