PDA

View Full Version : Jewish decent? :(

EagleAtHeart
01-11-2013, 03:57 AM
So, I got my genetic results in. I seem to cluster mostly in Northern Europe... which isn't too surprising, although kind of disappointing as I was hoping to cluster more in Italy as that's what I self identify as, however, this was not as surprising as RUSSIAN (WTF?) and Ashkenazi :eek: showed up too.

How accurate are these tests?

My decent is listed: Father is Italian, Mother is 3/4th German with what I thought was 1/4th English/French (That side has been in Canada for awhile so it was hard to trace back) but there must be some Russian/Russian Jew in there?

How does this change all the Jew bashing I've done here?

Sikeliot
01-11-2013, 04:00 AM
Some of your Italian ancestry must be coming up as Jewish considering the genetic similarities between the two.

Aquafina
01-11-2013, 04:00 AM
You are a self-hater if you continue to bash Jews from now on. :D

It is no big deal. You do not have to start identifying as Jewish now just because you have some Jewish ancestry. :)

Anglojew
01-11-2013, 04:01 AM
Welcome to the tribe dude. I guess you won't have to log onto the computer just look in the mirror and insult yourself now. A whole lot easier for everyone.

Alenka
01-11-2013, 04:05 AM
Did you try McDonald? Maybe he can give you some more precise info

EagleAtHeart
01-11-2013, 04:14 AM
I did it at some center here in my city. I was going to do 23andme but they wanted almost as much for shipping as the test, so i didn't do it there out of principle.

What's the McDonald genetic test? Ashkenazi showed up more than I'd like and Italian lower than expected, so I want a second opinion.

Sikeliot
01-11-2013, 04:15 AM
I did it at some center here in my city. I was going to do 23andme but they wanted almost as much for shipping as the test, so i didn't go there out of principle.

What's the McDonald genetic test? Ashkenazi showed up more than I'd like and Italian lower than expected.

Italian and Ashkenazi often can appear as one another. Didn't you see WhiteHorde's results on Dodecad? He was estimated as 50% German, 50% Ashkenazi as one option and then 50% German, 50% Sicilian as another.

You probably have no Jewish ancestry at all.

Útrám
01-11-2013, 04:18 AM
Pay reverence to your ancestry of that gifted people.

Teyrn
01-11-2013, 04:18 AM
How does this change all the Jew bashing I've done here?

So what? You're more than just a miniscule portion of your DNA that you've got no control or influence over.

Atlantic Islander
01-11-2013, 04:19 AM
Italian and Ashkenazi often can appear as one another. Didn't you see WhiteHorde's results on Dodecad? He was estimated as 50% German, 50% Ashkenazi as one option and then 50% German, 50% Sicilian as another.

You're not supposed to take calculator results too literally.

Sikeliot
01-11-2013, 04:20 AM
You're not supposed to take calculator results too literally.

I know. Which is why he shouldn't assume he is Jewish all of a sudden because some calculator probably misread his Italian ancestry.

EagleAtHeart
01-11-2013, 04:21 AM

I have no immediate Sicilian Ancestry though. Most of my paternal family is traced back to Northern Italy, with some Norman surnames so I presume a couple distant relatives were from the south - but that's very far back.

If this test is correct, which I doubt, I'm assuming it may have come from the German side.

Sikeliot
01-11-2013, 04:22 AM
I have no immediate Sicilian Ancestry though. Most of my paternal family is traced back to Northern Italy, with some Norman surnames so I presume a couple distant relatives were from the south - but that's very far back.

If you have no southern Italian ancestry, then if you're getting Jewish results, they may actually be real. Maybe one of your German grandparents or great grandparents was not an ethnic German.

Anglojew
01-11-2013, 10:10 AM
There must be millions of Euroeans with Jewish ancestry who don't know it.

You've been chosen for a reason dude, now find God and become a Rabbi.

Philo
01-11-2013, 02:24 PM
So what? You're more than just a miniscule portion of your DNA that you've got no control or influence over.

LOL don't try to understand racists:rolleyes:.

Blackout
01-11-2013, 07:05 PM
As someone has pointed out, this does not mean your Jewish. There are just elements inside them, that are also in you. I mean if you look at an Ashkenazi Jew, most don't seem to look like their fresh out of the desert.

http://blockyourid.com/~gbpprorg/judicial-inc/8_9_je5.jpg

7eleven
01-11-2013, 07:07 PM
Welcome to my tribe asshole :)

SkyBurn
02-24-2013, 03:48 AM
LOL how did I not see this earlier?

Oneandonly
02-24-2013, 03:52 AM
Who cares? I got the Cohen Model Haplotype and am J1. I thought I was Italian on my paternal side but I'm now guessing it's Semitic. Doesn't really bother me since it's still Caucasoid.

Smaug
02-24-2013, 04:22 AM
Welcome to the tribe mate! May you enjoy the trip.

Sikeliot
02-24-2013, 04:25 AM
I'd be happy if I found some Jewish ancestry. It wouldn't surprise me if there is some old Sephardi ancestry on either my Sicilian side or within the small bit of Calabrese since some Sephardis were assimilated into those places.

Wizdumb
02-24-2013, 04:32 AM
Decent or Descent?

Tropico
02-24-2013, 04:33 AM
I got Jew too. Its ok. Just accept it.

EagleAtHeart
02-24-2013, 04:34 AM
It was a couple percentage points... probably from my Italian side. The test was also from a non-reputable place I believe

Three more weeks and I'll post my 23andme results :)

SkyBurn
02-24-2013, 04:38 AM
It was a couple percentage points... probably from my Italian side. The test was also from a non-reputable place I believe

Would it matter to you if the Ashkenazi was still there?

amerinese
02-24-2013, 04:38 AM

Hmm you had better just wait for your 23andMe results before jumping to any conclusions. There are several different tools you can use to determine these things once you get your data. People can help you to interpret the results from each.

Lemon Kush
02-24-2013, 04:43 AM
What's with people taking all these 23andMe DNA/genetic tests? I think it's something mostly for mixed people. Since they don't really have an identity and come from a variety of ethnic and racial backgrounds so it would be interesting for them to discover their lineage, DNA haplogroups, and to which races, ethnic groups they clusters. By mixed people I mean Latin American mestizos, White-American mutts, Mulattos and other African-Americans who have ambiguous origins for example. But for people like me who are of 100% Bulgarian descent I don't really see the point in taking it. I'll just get the same or similar results as other Bulgarian or Balkan people. Who cares if I discover distant Turkish, or Jewish ancestry it definitely won't be significant and probably isn't there anyways. :)

Tropico
02-24-2013, 04:52 AM
What's with people taking all these 23andMe DNA/genetic tests? I think it's something mostly for mixed people. Since they don't really have an identity and come from a variety of ethnic and racial backgrounds so it would be interesting for them to discover their lineage, DNA haplogroups, and to which races, ethnic groups they clusters. By mixed people I mean Latin American mestizos, White-American mutts, Mulattos and other African-Americans who have ambiguous origins for example. But for people like me who are of 100% Bulgarian descent I don't really see the point in taking it. I'll just get the same or similar results as other Bulgarian or Balkan people. Who cares if I discover distant Turkish, or Jewish ancestry it definitely won't be significant and probably isn't there anyways. :)

I agree. But we do have an identity though, as mixed race, but our identity (since we cannot have a real racial identity) is a national identity. Latin Americans are very patriotic to their own country, regardless of their ethnic percentages.

amerinese
02-24-2013, 04:58 AM
My results came back like I expected them to. The first DNA test I took was a Y-STR test which basically confirmed that I match other descendants of my paternal great grandfather from 8 generations ago. So basically it confirms I'm not a bastard and that my genealogy is correct. It's a genealogy research tool.

As far as the autosomal analysis, it also told me what I already knew. The only surprise was the 0.3% Native American segment, which isn't all that surprising either, and of no consequence anyway.

EagleAtHeart
02-24-2013, 05:08 AM
I agree. But we do have an identity though, as mixed race, but our identity (since we cannot have a real racial identity) is a national identity. Latin Americans are very patriotic to their own country, regardless of their ethnic percentages.

The guy you're quoting looks like this
http://media1.break.com/dnet/media/2008/8/563862_5ece7567-6a25-4141-b115-a7a2a4960770_prod.jpg

^Like that, moustache and all, but a much more swarthier version.

And God knows what can be found in his genotype. Don't even bother explaining yourself to "elitist" involuntary celibates.

EagleAtHeart
02-24-2013, 05:10 AM
My results came back like I expected them to. The first DNA test I took was a Y-STR test which basically confirmed that I match other descendants of my paternal great grandfather from 8 generations ago. So basically it confirms I'm not a bastard and that my genealogy is correct. It's a genealogy research tool.

As far as the autosomal analysis, it also told me what I already knew. The only surprise was the 0.3% Native American segment, which isn't all that surprising either, and of no consequence anyway.

23andme was 2-4 weeks, then 4-6 weeks when mine arrived, now 6-8 weeks. Hopefully it doesn't increase anymore. I've been anxious since I ordered it to see the results.

Lemon Kush
02-24-2013, 05:11 AM
The guy you're quoting looks like this
http://media1.break.com/dnet/media/2008/8/563862_5ece7567-6a25-4141-b115-a7a2a4960770_prod.jpg

^Like that, moustache and all, but a much more swarthier version.

And God knows what can be found in his genotype. Don't even bother explaining yourself to "elitist" involuntary celibates.

Says the metro-sexual faggot lol. How many Chinese, Black, Arab and Indian guys have banged you lately? :laugh:

riverman
02-24-2013, 05:13 AM
Russian & Ashkenaz is it possible that it's Russian Ashkenaz?

Lemon Kush
02-24-2013, 05:18 AM
I think the reason many people take these tests is because they feel insecure about their ancestry and want to assure themselves that they are "pure" and don't have any elements in their genotype that they consider foreign. I also think "EagleatHeart" actually secretly wishes he were jewish. He wants to belong to some sort of tribe of people because no one accepted him in school or in life for being an emo faggot. :laugh:

amerinese
02-24-2013, 05:21 AM
I get 0.1% Ashkenazi in 23andMe Ancestry Composition. I have ancestry from early 1800's Germany and Prussia / Poland and one grandmother with a Jewish looking name there from 200 years ago. However I have a close match who descends from that same family and he gets no Ashkenazi. It may have come from one of my other ancestors from that region, or at such a low level, maybe it's noise. Not like my Amerindian segment that I share with two other Americans who have colonial ancestry. That looks real.

Scholarios
02-24-2013, 05:23 AM
Reminds me of when all those Black people found out they were descended from Thomas Jefferson...

SkyBurn
02-24-2013, 05:24 AM
I think the reason many people take these tests is because they feel insecure about their ancestry and want to assure themselves that they are "pure" and don't have any elements in their genotype that they consider foreign. I also think "EagleatHeart" actually secretly wishes he were jewish. He wants to belong to some sort of tribe of people because no one accepted him in school or in life for being an emo faggot. :laugh:

I'm not doing it because I feel insecure. I think it's super interesting; I like knowing about all the different people who made me up, as well as my disease predispositions and possible relatives! As for Eagleatheart, I think he just has a complex developed from reading too much stormfront.

I already know I'm 100% pure Semitic Judean anyway.

Lemon Kush
02-24-2013, 05:27 AM
EagleatHeart:

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR0eWcdJZHDkBVx7V7uxqn7rd4FmooI7 QUNXW8Z66fHge8kn_Nm

:laugh:

Oneeye
02-24-2013, 05:35 AM
I get 0.1% Ashkenazi in 23andMe Ancestry Composition. I have ancestry from early 1800's Germany and Prussia / Poland and one grandmother with a Jewish looking name there from 200 years ago. However I have a close match who descends from that same family and he gets no Ashkenazi. It may have come from one of my other ancestors from that region, or at such a low level, maybe it's noise. Not like my Amerindian segment that I share with two other Americans who have colonial ancestry. That looks real.

Personally I think that small of a percentage would be noise. I have a 0.1% "North African"on my X chromosome on Ancestry composition, but on speculative, almost the entire rest of my X chromosome is branded "Scandinavian." I doubt there were any berbers or egyptians or whatever in Norway however long ago that would of had to been... on the other hand, if it was true, then it must be one hell of a story.

Lemon Kush
02-24-2013, 05:38 AM
This "man" "EagleatHeart" can't even spell "descent" right. What an idiot lol. Maybe he means Jewish people are decent?? haha...

amerinese
02-24-2013, 05:42 AM
Personally I think that small of a percentage would be noise. I have a 0.1% "North African"on my X chromosome on Ancestry composition, but on speculative, almost the entire rest of my X chromosome is branded "Scandinavian." I doubt there were any berbers or egyptians or whatever in Norway however long ago that would of had to been... on the other hand, if it was true, then it must be one hell of a story.

Because I don't share any segments with actual 4-grandparent Ashkenazis in Ancestry Finder, only a couple of very small matches with mixed ones, I tend to agree. Also because many East Euros are getting similar or higher scores but have no known Jewish ancestry. Polako's theory is that there's some shared ancestry there, not necessarily that they descend from Ashkenazi. I already knew I had Polish and other East Euro ancestry and pretty sure that's the source, either way.

riverman
02-24-2013, 05:47 AM
Ashkenaz would probably be more, not less, at it might get mixed in with the other stated nationalitys, that would be my guess. However it could be possible that the ancestry in some cases is some shared that's coming up as Ashkenaz, but then that presents problems to people counting their Ashkenaz as straight Jewish, or Semitic. I also wonder if MENA in some peoples results is Jewish.

SkyBurn
02-24-2013, 05:50 AM
Ashkenaz would probably be more, not less, at it might get mixed in with the other stated nationalitys, that would be my guess. However it could be possible that the ancestry in some cases is some shared that's coming up as Ashkenaz, but then that presents problems to people counting their Ashkenaz as straight Jewish, or Semitic. I also wonder if MENA in some peoples results is Jewish.

The problem with Ashkenazi is that people don't exactly know what is it. The going theory is that it's a combination of semitic, southern european, and eastern/cerntral european. 23andme for example does not split up the genetics into MENA/euro components, and simply lists it at "ashkenazi", which is where I think the issue comes from.

But Ashkanzi Jews are fakes anyway. They are dirty mixes, unlike pure Judeans such as myself.

Virtuous
02-24-2013, 05:55 AM
You had some Soviet love going back to your grand grand ma, eh?

Philo
02-24-2013, 05:57 AM
This "man" "EagleatHeart" can't even spell "descent" right. What an idiot lol. Maybe he means Jewish people are decent?? haha...

Fuck you and fuck off.

But Ashkanzi Jews are fakes anyway. They are dirty mixes, unlike pure Judeans such as myself.

LOLZ.

amerinese
02-24-2013, 06:03 AM
I get zero 'Middle Eastern' in Ancestry Composition, and not much Southern European. I don't have any known ancestors from Southern Europe, so what I do get is a mystery. I actually just sent off a sample for a Geno 2.0 test today to help my haplogroup project determine where my Y-DNA split off from some modern Sardinians and the Otzi Y-DNA. All of the known Y cousins I have are Anglos in the US, England, or Australia for at least the past 1000 years or so, but go far enough back and there's a woggy Neolithic farmer or Roman centurion or something back there, just not sure who or what.