PDA

View Full Version : Resurrection complete. HawkR's body and soul is reanimated.

HawkR
01-15-2013, 10:29 PM
Hello old friends and new people!

It's been more than 18 or even as much as 24 months since I last was active here, and now I'm back. I'm writing this post mainly so that those who remembers me, actually know why I suddenly disappeared for such a long time ago. And of course for those who don't remember me shall remember me again and those who got no clue to why I'm here, actually do learn a little bit about me.

So, where to begin. Some of you might remember I talked a lot about entering the army and serving one year of duty. It's complete, it was actually completed at the end of 2010. And I just realized that it is actually over 2 years since I last were active here. Well, some might remember I talked about me making a career in the army, that didn't happen, but I'll get back to that later. Now during my time in the army I made a lot of good friends on whole other level that I'll ever be able to reach again. It's sometimes weird to think that you actually would trust your life to someone else. Now, during the first two months of the army, we weren't allowed to use computers, so those months are therefore excused.

Now, over the time of the next few weeks, my computer decided that the fan wasn't useful anymore, and then that this would also apply to my graphics card. Now, I am indeed not a vengeful character (lie), and I decided that we should do something about this "incident". So, we grabbed the laptop, a shotgun, some shells and drove off the shooting range. What happens then, well, I'll see if I can't upload that video somewhere, yeah, we filmed it. :D After that I got myself a useless Asus mini laptop, which lasted for some time, about 2 months. Then, at the end of my year of duty, this computer wasn't usable to much anymore, and it got lost in a box somewhere. Oh, and the reason there weren't a career for in the army, is a mix of me not being getting accepted and a special kind of girl, which you will read about further down.

Then, in the February of 2011, I started my first day of the temporary job as a cab driver. Little did I know then that this would last for almost 2 years. Now when I started to work there I got myself a smartphone, and considering the fact that this suited my most immediate needs for internet at the moment, I didn't get myself a computer before January this year. Actually, a week ago at this date. But, back to the story. Even though I didn't like the job, I really liked my colleagues (is this correct?) and I stayed there for 7 months, before trying my luck in Trondheim/Norway. Long story short, didn't work out and I moved back again to where I used to live and went back in the cab business again for another 11 months.

Now, I'm currently in Sauda, where I'm studying for the truck-drivers license and I expect to be done with this in June.

Now, to the things that have changed during these years. First and foremost, I've been in and out of a couple relationships before finally settling down with this I'm in now, and it seems to work fine. Been together for a year in February and only argued 3 times, which would happen during the course of a week in my older relationships. I do think this is a really good thing, considering how stubborn we both are. :p We've recently "invested" in a dog for three reasons: 1, we wanted one. 2, she wanted one when I was away in Sauda and third but not least, we're planning on getting a child in the forthcoming years. Yay. :)

Now, other more trivial things. I've been smoke free for over a year, only some party smoking. My taste for music has evolved into more "mature" music. Don't worry, I still listen to what I used to, except I now listen to even more. My meanings and theories have evolved in some stages, but I do still have my strong opinions which banned from one forum and got me into this in the first place. I will not mention these here in fear of making the thread off-topic.

So, if there's something you want to ask about or comment, go ahead, this is but a short and consist story about what's happened that last 2 years.

And I must say, it's good to be back and I can't wait to get into action.

Cheers, HawkR.

Jackson
01-15-2013, 10:36 PM
Welcome back! I remember reading a few of your posts as a lurker, ages ago i think. Interesting story, and congratulations for the future.

Vasconcelos
01-15-2013, 10:39 PM
Glad to have you back!

Arrow Cross
01-15-2013, 10:44 PM
So, we grabbed the laptop, a shotgun, some shells and drove off the shooting range.
The dream of many around here...

Welcome back.

Graham
01-15-2013, 10:45 PM
The forum members have changed quite a bit since you last posted, but I can remember your face. :)

Welcome back.

HawkR
01-15-2013, 10:51 PM
Thanks for all the warm welcome backs and welcome in general. And it's good to be back. I also did notice some older members have been banned and/or gotten inactive. But I guess we all have our reasons.

Loki
01-15-2013, 11:17 PM
Welcome back HawkR! :thumb001: Great to have an old face back :)

Hope you enjoy the forum!

HawkR
01-15-2013, 11:42 PM
Oh, I will Loki. :)

Tarja
01-16-2013, 07:41 PM
Velkommen. :)

Svipdag
01-21-2013, 02:01 PM
Welcome back from a very eventful two years.

The Lawspeaker
04-30-2013, 11:42 AM
Welcome home, matey !