PDA

View Full Version : The first impression to the members

denz
01-21-2013, 03:46 PM
Every human being has a first impression thing toward the person they see.
As a member in this forum looking to another, what shapes your impression. Race, country, sex, age, religion, avatar etc.
Discuss...

Jackson
01-21-2013, 03:48 PM
Good idea for a thread.

For me it's usually the avatar and how they write that gives me impressions about a person. They usually stick.

Graus
01-21-2013, 03:59 PM
Memorable posts for me. I can post besides somebody for quite sometime without having any sort of impression whatsoever.

denz
01-21-2013, 04:09 PM
Memorable posts for me. I can post besides somebody for quite sometime without having any sort of impression whatsoever.

It is the second stage for inseption. Question is simple as it is.

Before i read your reply, my eyes turn left side of thread and check information, see Friedrich Nietzsche in signature, then after first impression, these sentence has written within miliseconds.

denz
01-21-2013, 04:21 PM
Good idea for a thread.

For me it's usually the avatar and how they write that gives me impressions about a person. They usually stick.

Three avatars, which one you want to answer. Do you have sweet thoughts toward the first or become agressive to 3nd ...

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ9dA4cUxvJHtHeZf453dmP7Bj7KQ8NO bJJfkFKDBeEWnmNxY13

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRT8ysKYwJsY6BWDIJff0CeqXY1UyWly zeNKefR_usgN7b6MIvKKA

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT5pp9m4ZfQPeDkpDROZvsYrW6x35oyg SFq6ILYwsHjfnhx4V4_

Kazimiera
01-21-2013, 04:24 PM
Interesting thought. I wonder how people react to my avatar and informations.

morski
01-21-2013, 04:27 PM
First thing I notice is how good their command of the English language is.

Corvus
01-21-2013, 04:28 PM
The avatar is secondary for me. This can be changed anytime It is more about the content and attidute of the person reflected by the things posted

Graus
I neither look at the information, avatars or signaturs, unless they are particularly distracting. I will recognise at least avatar and name out of the corner of the eye but unless the post is any good (or very bad), I will have forgotten about it by the time I read the next post.

Kazimiera
I definitely react to avatars. Some avatars are quite "blah" to me, and therefore I can't seem to get a proper grip on some posters.

Obviously posts count. And that becomes more important. But I remember people by their avatars.

denz
01-21-2013, 04:53 PM
I definitely react to avatars. Some avatars are quite "blah" to me, and therefore I can't seem to get a proper grip on some posters.

Obviously posts count. And that becomes more important. But I remember people by their avatars.

I see so many examples to react avatars. But what about prejudice..

I neither look at the information, avatars or signaturs, unless they are particularly distracting. I will recognise at least avatar and name out of the corner of the eye but unless the post is any good (or very bad), I will have forgotten about it by the time I read the next post.

:thumb001: getting more shocking but respectable.

Thanks for post

Žołnir
01-21-2013, 05:00 PM
On other hands i think avatars do reflect state of mind to minor degree. Just look at Cynewald's, you just know the name of the game. :D

Linet
01-21-2013, 05:07 PM
mmm....For sometime i would skip fast all of Volkiv's answers :icon_ask: and would scroll down in order not see the wolf ripping off the meat :sweat:...it was very cruel for me to see :faint2:

Also i would do the same with Miglas posts when she had the girl with the beard as avatar, it was absolutely disturbing for me :icon_confused:

Jackson
01-22-2013, 11:37 PM

I agree. I know it is not ideal really, but if someone happens to have a stupid avatar when i see them post the first time, it is nearly impossible to take them seriously after that, unless they always write well and about good topics.

For me your avatar always gives off a more serious, calculating impression. Like i wouldn't have taken you for a laugh-a-minute light hearted person just going by your avatar for example.

Illancha
01-22-2013, 11:40 PM
Hmmm...

Arsen_
01-23-2013, 12:01 AM
Avatars are important to me and avatars more or less influence upon my attitude. Very funny thing when guys choose a picture of a pretty girl as their avatar. Sometimes I forget that they are not girls and treat them in more gentle and nice way. :D

Jackson
01-23-2013, 12:02 AM
Avatars are important to me and avatars more or less influence upon my attitude. Very funny thing when guys choose a picture of a pretty girl as their avatar. Sometimes I forget that they are not girls and treat them in more gentle and nice way. :D

Same lol. It's also the same when women write in a masculine way or men write in a feminine way, don't you think?

Siberian Cold Breeze
01-23-2013, 02:39 AM
mmm....For sometime i would skip fast all of Volkiv's answers :icon_ask: and would scroll down in order not see the wolf ripping off the meat :sweat:...

agreed..especially when I' m hungry ,I see that wolf eating all the meat alone ,not sharing with me ..quite annoying :shakefist