PDA

View Full Version : why is the Albanian language the black sheep of the Indo-European language Family??

RussiaPrussia
02-14-2013, 03:19 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4f/IndoEuropeanTree.svg

if you look at the family picture all at the middle bottom you can see albanian language came from albanian unlike other proto languages which got childs like slavic, germanic or latin.

Its a very lonenly language which not many people speak and you were the last indo european language which originated. I dont know many of albanian history so why it is that way, in your opinion?

Prengs
02-14-2013, 04:12 AM
if you look at the family picture all at the middle bottom you can see albanian language came from albanian unlike other proto languages which got childs like slavic, germanic or latin.

Its a very lonenly language which not many people speak and you were the last indo european language which originated. I dont know many of albanian history so why it is that way, in your opinion?

LOL most of languages above in fact are people that lost their languages due of assimilation like Frenchs, Romanians, Portugese, Spanish, some Slavs ect.
Albanians language is only resisted language of Paleo-Balkan (Illyriano-Thracian). We have been more endangered compare to others (due Roman empire, Hellenic empire and Slavic invasion) but still our language is alive.
So we are not only alone, also is Greek and Armenian languages (also from non-IE: Basques, Hungarian and Finnish).

Prengs
02-14-2013, 04:16 AM
This tree make more sense:

http://home.arcor.de/berzelmayr/tree.gif

RussiaPrussia
02-14-2013, 05:04 AM
LOL most of languages above in fact are people that lost their languages due of assimilation like Frenchs, Romanians, Portugese, Spanish, some Slavs ect.
Albanians language is only resisted language of Paleo-Balkan (Illyriano-Thracian). We have been more endangered compare to others (due Roman empire, Hellenic empire and Slavic invasion) but still our language is alive.
So we are not only alone, also is Greek and Armenian languages (also from non-IE: Basques, Hungarian and Finnish).

yeah but this makes you very alone, you also didnt managed to expand your language family like others did

alfieb
02-14-2013, 05:15 AM
This tree make more sense:

I see what you did there. You blatantly found a tree that throws Greek in with non-European languages and Albanian as the only Balkan language. ;)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/4f/IndoEuropeanTree.svg/1000px-IndoEuropeanTree.svg.png (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/4f/IndoEuropeanTree.svg/2000px-IndoEuropeanTree.svg.png)

There you go, a thorough and more accurate tree.

Albanian is the "black sheep" because it is unrelated to the other families, while Greek has a lot of similarities with the vocabulary of the other families due to the heavy influence Ancient Greece had on all the other cultures in the region. I would argue that Albanian is only the black sheep in Europe, whereas Armenian is the true black sheep of IE.

Flintlocke
02-14-2013, 08:24 AM
Nobody knows many things about the Albanian language because there was never an official written form until 1908, and there was no literature before then. What is known is that it contains 40% of Vulgar Latin derived words but veeeery changed. Like: amicus-mik, parents-prind, spiritus-shpirt, derisio-dashuri, etc so these words originally do not sound very non latin because they are changed more than any other Latin influenced language.

archangel
02-14-2013, 08:31 AM
it will die soon too i guess ,cos many albanian youths speak italian than anything else(according to members here lol)

Duskfall
02-14-2013, 01:32 PM
Trollthread :laugh:

Novi Pazar
02-15-2013, 11:34 AM

Slavic invasion, more like Shqiptar invasion of Slavic Albania! The Albanian language has borrowed extensively from Serbian Slavic. Albanian is not a descendant of Illyrian nor Thracian, especially Illyrian! The modern Shqiptar language is just a mishmash of Slavic/Vlach and Greek! Nothing original!

Scholarios Chiotis
02-15-2013, 11:37 AM
If Albanian is a descendant of Illyrian, then it is clear that the Age of Migrations wiped out its sister languages, Paeonian, Thracian, Dacian, etc. leaving only Greek which it doesn't appear to show a close relationship with.

safinator
02-15-2013, 11:48 AM
It's a good, thing.
It means we resisted dominations and still speak our unique language.
It would be sad the contrary in fact.

Flintlocke
02-15-2013, 11:54 AM
Slavic invasion, more like Shqiptar invasion of Slavic Albania! The Albanian language has borrowed extensively from Serbian Slavic. Albanian is not a descendant of Illyrian nor Thracian, especially Illyrian! The modern Shqiptar language is just a mishmash of Slavic/Vlach and Greek! Nothing original!

http://25.media.tumblr.com/48b83a84674bfab40b0469587ceebaae/tumblr_mggz6ihnu21ryuvj3o1_500.jpg

Gima
05-23-2013, 10:19 PM
yeah but this makes you very alone, you also didnt managed to expand your language family like others did

Albanian language has not expanded like the other languages because unlike other nations, Albanians have never attached or occupied anyone. On the country what used to be Illyrian which ended up Albanian was occupied by others and it survived to what is today Albania, Kosovo and western Macedonia.
In fact Albanian should not be treated as Indo European language at all. Genetically we Albanians are mainly code E or YDNA code E which is nowadays found only in Africa. It is among the oldest genetic code still alive in the world. Also studies have shown that 20 % of what are today known as Serbians share the same genetic code. That simply means they were Albanians who converted ti Serbs in order not to change their religion from originally christian to muslim as majority of today Albanians are. This also suggests that many words spoken in todays serbian in fact originate from Albanian. Similarly many words used today in Turkish also originate from Albanian because after converting into islam, Albanians ruled big parts of Ottoman empire through centuries. Even the modern turkish alphabet was created by Albanians etc. Similarly many emperors of roman empire were Illyrians, hence Albanians, including Diocletian, and Constantine who divided the Roman empire in western and eastern parts. They have definitively impacted the language and culture in general.

Albanians are really unique and more studies need to be done before making any uneducated statements.

ChocolateFace
05-23-2013, 10:24 PM
Albanian is the oldest language in Europe

el22
05-23-2013, 10:29 PM
Nobody knows many things about the Albanian language because there was never an official written form until 1908, and there was no literature before then. What is known is that it contains 40% of Vulgar Latin derived words but veeeery changed. Like: amicus-mik, parents-prind, spiritus-shpirt, derisio-dashuri, etc so these words originally do not sound very non latin because they are changed more than any other Latin influenced language.

This is stupid. It was Italian who got amicus from albanian mik.
When someone loans a word, it appends something, not removes. This is another example that albanian is an older language, from which other languages got basic words.

Infinte
05-23-2013, 10:34 PM
Neverthless the people, we must admit that the albanian language is one of the first european languages.

alfieb
05-23-2013, 10:34 PM

lol.

You Slaves weren't in the Balkans until like, the 5th century. Alboz were there a thousand years before that.

Arbėrori
05-23-2013, 10:35 PM
lol.

You Slaves weren't in the Balkans until like, the 5th century. Alboz were there a thousand years before that.

We are the truest and purest owners of these lands. :coffee:

alfieb
05-23-2013, 10:40 PM
Purest, maybe.

But I think the Greeks and Romanians have as much a right to the Balkans as you do. The Hungarians, Turks, and Slavs are interlopers, though.

Arbėrori
05-23-2013, 10:41 PM
Purest, maybe.

But I think the Greeks and Romanians have as much a right to the Balkans as you do. The Hungarians, Turks, and Slavs are interlopers, though.

Sorry, the Pontus immigrants dont count. :lol:

Szegedist
05-23-2013, 10:43 PM
Purest, maybe.

Hungary is not located in the Balkan...

kabeiros
05-23-2013, 10:43 PM
When someone loans a word, it appends something, not removes. This is one of your most stupid comments, can you please stop spreading your ignorance. Just to give you some examples, little Shqiptarian scholar:

Episkopos (Greek) ==> Bishop (English)
Kyriake (Greek) ==> Church (English)
Scholeion (Greek) ==> School (English)
Grammatike (Greek) ==> Grammar (English)
Planetes (Greek) ==> Planet (English)

In fact, every single word that English borrowed from Greek is shorter than the original.

kabeiros
05-23-2013, 10:44 PM
Sorry, the Pontus immigrants dont count. :lol: While the Caucasus Albanians do???

Arbėrori
05-23-2013, 10:45 PM
it will die soon too i guess ,cos many albanian youths speak italian than anything else(according to members here lol)

Whats wrong with speaking Italian? Jealous that Turkish is regarded as ugly around here? :lol:

alfieb
Hungary is not located in the Balkan...
No, but there are Magyars (Szekelys) that, in my opinion, are. I said Hungarians, not Hungary.

Arbėrori
While the Caucasus Albanians do???

Back to Anatolia.

http://i.imgur.com/SI3OWop.gif

Szegedist
05-23-2013, 10:47 PM
No, but there are Magyars (Szekelys) that, in my opinion, are. I said Hungarians, not Hungary.

Not even Hungarians in Vojvodina or Transylvania are located on the Balkan.

Arbėrori
05-23-2013, 10:47 PM
Hungarians are not Balkan, they're central to the core.

Infinte
05-23-2013, 10:48 PM
Hungarians and Albanians were situated in Balkans way before slavs, period.

kabeiros
05-23-2013, 10:48 PM
[FONT=Georgia]Back to Anatolia. Don't want to. It is inhabited by your cousins: Adygei, Abkhazes, Chechens, Turks...

alfieb
05-23-2013, 10:49 PM
Not even Hungarians in Vojvodina or Transylvania are located on the Balkan.
Transylvania is Romania. Vojvodina is Serbia. Whether the regions themselves are geographically within the parameters of the Balkan Peninsula, they are in what I consider to be Balkan countries.

Remove Magyar from premises.

el22
05-23-2013, 10:50 PM
This is one of your most stupid comments, can you please stop spreading your ignorance. Just to give you some examples, little Shqiptarian scholar:

Episkopos (Greek) ==> Bishop (English)
Kyriake (Greek) ==> Church (English)
Scholeion (Greek) ==> School (English)
Grammatike (Greek) ==> Grammar (English)
Planetes (Greek) ==> Planet (English)

In fact, every single word that English borrowed from Greek is shorter than the original.

Give me examples of loaning words from one language to another, but not using greek as an example.

Arbėrori
05-23-2013, 10:51 PM
Don't want to. It is inhabited by your cousins: Adygei, Abkhazes, Chechens, Turks...

Turks are biracial Greeks, we all know that.

http://i.imgur.com/udfN4HM.gif

Szegedist
05-23-2013, 10:52 PM
Transylvania is Romania. Vojvodina is Serbia. Whether the regions themselves are geographically within the parameters of the Balkan Peninsula,

Those regions are neither historically, culturally or geographically Balkan.

they are in what I consider to be Balkan countries.

You can consider Norway or Mars to be Balkan, but that won't change the fact that it isn't.

Arbėrori
05-23-2013, 10:52 PM
Those lands are ethnic Hungarian lands, what are you talking about?!

alfieb
05-23-2013, 10:54 PM
Those regions are neither historically, culturally or geographically Balkan.

You can consider Norway or Mars to be Balkan, but that won't change the fact that it isn't.

Denmark is not geographically part of Scandinavia. Danes are Scandinavians.

Serbians are Balkanites.

Those lands are ethnic Hungarian lands, what are you talking about?!

Hungarians should go back to Turkey.

Szegedist
05-23-2013, 10:57 PM
Serbians are Balkanites.

Nobody is disputing that.

Unlike your Arab and nigger ancestors which came from North Africa, Hungarians never came from Turkey.

Comte Arnau
05-23-2013, 10:57 PM
This is stupid. It was Italian who got amicus from albanian mik..

Lol. And French ami, Catalan amic, Spanish amigo... they also come from Albanian?

Latin amicus, like amabilis, amorosus and other derived words, stem from the root am-o "to love".

Arbėrori
05-23-2013, 10:58 PM

http://i.imgur.com/FvhkNQD.gif

alfieb
05-23-2013, 11:01 PM
Nobody is disputing that.
And Vojvodina is Serbia. It's really simple arithmetic.

Unlike your Arab and nigger ancestors which came from North Africa, Hungarians never came from Turkey.
No, they came from Russia, but since you guys are embracing your Turanism nowadays, that's where you should go.

Infinte
05-23-2013, 11:02 PM
Greeks are dark, everyone knows that, even Sicilians look whiter than them.
Hungarians are natives in Balkan, this is the only true statement.

Arbėrori
05-23-2013, 11:05 PM

They're native to Central Europe, fratello. :P

kabeiros
05-23-2013, 11:07 PM
Hungarians are natives in Balkan, this is the only true statement. So, are you a Turk or an Albo?

ABest
05-23-2013, 11:09 PM
The Albanian language is interesting but apparently there is no proven connection between it and Illyrian. Not that there is no possibility of a potential connection, it's just that it hasn't been proven yet because of the lack of linguistic evidence (mostly because not much is known about Illyrian itself due to the lack of Illyrian literature).

That said, historically, I think that Albanians have a right to feel related to Illyrians and that right should not be taken away from them, whether we ever find more linguistic records of the Illyrian language or not. :)

alfieb
05-23-2013, 11:10 PM
The Albanian language is interesting but apparently there is no proven connection between it and Illyrian. Not that there is no possibility of a potential connection, it's just that it hasn't been proven yet because of lack of linguistic evidence (mostly because not much is known about Illyrian itself due to the lack of Illyrian literature).
There are no realistic alternatives. Languages don't just develop out of nowhere, and there's no evidence that the Albanians just randomly migrated to Illyria.

Anti-illyrianism is merely a Greek political propaganda tool.

Infinte
05-23-2013, 11:12 PM
So, are you a Turk or an Albo?

Neither of them.

YeshAtid
05-23-2013, 11:19 PM
albanian sounds rather beautiful imo

ChocolateFace
05-23-2013, 11:26 PM
Everybody keeps acting like language is the deciding factor in ethnic identification.

Genetic tests prove Albanians are paleo-balkanites and the Albanian language just reinforces this

rashka
05-23-2013, 11:30 PM
Because some lovely German historian in the 19th century decided it must be part of the Indo-European languages. We all know that the Caucasid Albanian language borrowed heavily from Latin, Greek and Slavic.

ChocolateFace
05-23-2013, 11:31 PM
Because some lovely German historian in the 19th century decided it must be part of the Indo-European languages. We all know that the Caucasid Albanian language borrowed heavily from Latin, Greek and Slavic.

Somebody is jealous.

Tifa Lockhart
05-23-2013, 11:36 PM
I think They might have the same Ancestry, I don't know, but if you want to find out, Go on google, It tells you why.

ChocolateFace
05-23-2013, 11:39 PM
I think They might have the same Ancestry, I don't know, but if you want to find out, Go on google, It tells you why.

who has the same ancestry?

Raine
05-23-2013, 11:43 PM
who has the same ancestry?

Albanian and Turkish..

rashka
05-23-2013, 11:46 PM
So, are you a Turk or an Albo?

He's Shqiptar.

Raine
05-23-2013, 11:48 PM
Anti-illyrianism is merely a Greek political propaganda tool.

A propaganda tool for what?

ChocolateFace
05-23-2013, 11:48 PM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/rapgenius/filepicker%2FM6zXaujISAWAegIdcPrz_haters.jpg

ChocolateFace
05-23-2013, 11:49 PM
A propaganda tool for what?

Because You don't want to admit we have been living in ancient times.

rashka
05-23-2013, 11:53 PM
Hungarians and Albanians were situated in Balkans way before slavs, period.
:dielaughing:

Raine
05-23-2013, 11:53 PM
Because You don't want to admit we have been living in ancient times.

Because I don't want to admit your hypothesis as fact?

Loki
05-23-2013, 11:55 PM
:dielaughing:

He's right, of course.

Guapo
05-23-2013, 11:58 PM

Are you saying they're black?

ChocolateFace
05-23-2013, 11:58 PM
Because I don't want to admit your hypothesis as fact?

No because you consider it a hypothesis. It is not an hypothesis anymore when genetic tests proved it.

Thraex
05-24-2013, 12:02 AM
Because Rashka loves me more than she does Albanians. Thanks to my special skills.

ChocolateFace
05-24-2013, 12:04 AM
Guapo

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-7GNb0GgTmfI/T_BTItVWVPI/AAAAAAAACHE/y9xBx19i1S0/s1600/canadians+teeth.jpg

rashka
05-24-2013, 12:08 AM
Heart (bosom, chest, thorax)
Albanian: gjoks
Bats (part of Nakh family of Caucasian languages: dok'
Chechen: dwog

Some words they still kept and not replaced.

ABest
Well, one thing is for sure: Albanians are heavily paleo-Balkan genetically and related to other people surrounding them, as seen by their heavy E1b1b1 haplogroup component. That means that they didn't randomly migrate from Northern India or something.

Whether they are linguistically related to Illyrians is another subject that has not been explored enough yet, due to the lack of literature. But Albanians certainly have a right to associate themselves with Illyrians, as they are heavily Illyrian genetically, most likely.

Thraex
Bats (part of Nakh family of Caucasian languages: Dok'
Chechen: Dwog

Hi Rashka, I loved the Serbian Film. Let's do the stuff they did on the film someday. :)

ABest
05-24-2013, 12:10 AM
Hi Rashka, I loved the Serbian Film. Let's do the stuff they did on the film someday. :)

Nooooooooo!!!! http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Nw1yoHRCedo/UQ--R03pp6I/AAAAAAAAEC8/fIRbSqGE1ys/s1600/Funny+Katty+Perry+Got+Scared.gif

ChocolateFace
05-24-2013, 12:12 AM
Bats (part of Nakh family of Caucasian languages: dok'
Chechen: dwog

Some words they still kept and not replaced.

hahahahahahaahahahahahaahahhhhaaahahahaha

ChocolateFace
05-24-2013, 12:13 AM

Im guessing your special skills have something to do with this.

rashka
05-24-2013, 12:15 AM
hahahahahahaahahahahahaahahhhhaaahahahaha
Truth hurts. Doesn't it? Go find a band-aid to cover up the boo boo.

ChocolateFace
05-24-2013, 12:16 AM
Truth hurts. Doesn't it? Go find a band-aid to cover up the boo boo.

I don't take orders from peasants.

The.Mask
05-24-2013, 12:16 AM

Anyone know how to contact the owner of this pedophile serbian movie ?

I mean we must say to them that Kosovo is not Serbia anymore.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-8LM2PqteKlY/T-YtBmQNmwI/AAAAAAAAEwU/lOjBqv-jgH4/s1600/A-Serbian-Film-poster-1.jpg

ChocolateFace
05-24-2013, 12:20 AM
I mean we must say to them that Kosovo is not Serbia anymore.

It never was

rashka
05-24-2013, 12:25 AM
Nation
Albanian: Komb
Ingush: kham

Thraex
05-24-2013, 12:29 AM
Rashka is indeed yummy irl. Here is a gif of Rashka.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/280330_o.gif

ChocolateFace
05-24-2013, 12:33 AM
Rashka is indeed yummy irl. Here is a gif of Rashka.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/280330_o.gif

Rashka can you confirm this?

ABest
05-24-2013, 12:38 AM
I've heard that "A Serbian Film" is the most vile movie on the planet. I don't even want to watch the trailer even though I like horror movies.

I've heard about some scenes that are depressingly sick. http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9jlitUuha1qa3gue.gif

ChocolateFace
05-24-2013, 12:42 AM
I've heard that "A Serbian Film" is the most vile movie on the planet. I don't even want to watch the trailer even though I like horror movies.

I've heard about some scenes that are depressingly sick. http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9jlitUuha1qa3gue.gif

It is a reflection of their spirit and nation

Alexq
05-24-2013, 12:46 AM

hahah considering yugoslavia being the core for dinarics, rather than albania...also croats claiming iliria first by making an illirian movement and illirian kngdom, while you were in the mountains... :thumb001:

The.Mask
05-24-2013, 12:46 AM
The serbian film

http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/743795ASerbianFilmposter1.jpg

ChocolateFace
05-24-2013, 12:54 AM
hahah considering yugoslavia being the core for dinarics, rather than albania...also croats claiming iliria first by making an illirian movement and illirian kngdom, while you were in the mountains... :thumb001:

this is no yugoslavia where you can just write somethings down and make everyone believe it.Claiming it does not mean anything. We always knew we were natives to this land.

Do you know what core means? It means the center geographically.

Albania has the most dinarics in Europe by far even tosks are more dinarid then south slavs.

Guapo
05-24-2013, 01:03 AM
It is a reflection of their spirit and nation

It's a movie, fiction. This is non fiction, a refletion of the typical cowardly albanian nation hiding behind a foreign superpower.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massacres_of_Albanians_in_the_Balkan_Wars

During the attack of Serbian army on Pristina in October 1912, the Albanians (led by Turkish officers) abused the white flag on the city fortress, and this way killed many Serbian soldiers.[5] Then came the brutal retaliation of the Serbian army

rashka
05-24-2013, 01:05 AM
The Chechen suffix of 'oj' denotes people.

Why do Albanian last names often have a suffix of ej,aj or oj?

ChocolateFace
05-24-2013, 01:07 AM

WE ARE CHECHENS!!!!!!!!!

lol serbs are pathetic. Get real.

Don Arb
05-24-2013, 01:07 AM

LOOL

Arianiti
05-24-2013, 01:08 AM

Give an example of Albanian last name that ends with oj and ej.

aj yes. Balaj, Malaj etc. and it is not that often.

Otherwise you are twisting the truth, nothing unusual :P

rashka
05-24-2013, 01:09 AM
WE ARE CHECHENS!!!!!!!!!
Yes.

Guapo
05-24-2013, 01:09 AM
WE ARE CHECHENS!!!!!!!!!

lol serbs are pathetic. Get real.

Call cyber Nato

ChocolateFace
05-24-2013, 01:10 AM
It's a movie, fiction. This is non fiction, a refletion of the typical cowardly albanian nation hiding behind a foreign superpower.

A movie still reflects how you guys are and the ideas behind the movie is driven by your characteristics.

Don't even compare Albanians and Serbs in terms of being cowards . Serbs love to hide behind Russia. You guys killed innocent civilians something we don't do.

ChocolateFace
05-24-2013, 01:11 AM
Call cyber Nato

Call cyber Russia and stick their dicks in your mouth.

And then in your anus.

Guapo
05-24-2013, 01:11 AM
Aww, u mad. Call cyber NATO

rashka
05-24-2013, 01:13 AM
Chechens are your brothers.

ChocolateFace
I am jealous of Albanians

Arianiti

They are better than you billions of times. ;) You are the lowest human beings ever.

The.Mask
05-24-2013, 01:15 AM

Chechens at least are whiter than you. subhuman

rashka
05-24-2013, 01:16 AM
There is nothing wrong with being part of the Nakh family! What a bunch of losers! You should be proud of your ancestry. Unfortunately the rest of your Nakh brothers, the Kakheti and Tusheti, were absorbed by Eastern Georgians.

ChocolateFace
05-24-2013, 01:18 AM
I am an Iranian peasant

Arianiti
05-24-2013, 01:19 AM
We have nothing in common, but nothing against them. We are lucky to have nothing in common with you. That would be a stigma, a humiliation, the lowest, a curse etc.

Guapo
05-24-2013, 01:19 AM
Lol, alboz and their intelligence = zero. "lowest human beings, subhuman etc" Brilliant, inbred retards!

Guapo
05-24-2013, 01:20 AM
Call cyber Natooooooooooo

ChocolateFace
05-24-2013, 01:21 AM
Lol, alboz and their intelligence = zero. "lowest human beings, subhuman etc" Brilliant, inbred retards!

shut your mouth Canadian loser

we have higher iq then serbs by far

The.Mask
05-24-2013, 01:22 AM
Call cyber Natooooooooooo

Call subhumans fan club

ChocolateFace
05-24-2013, 01:22 AM
Call cyber Russia

Arianiti
05-24-2013, 01:23 AM
shut your mouth Canadian loser

Is he in Canadar? Why he didn't go to mother Russia?

The.Mask
05-24-2013, 01:26 AM
This is from where rashka & Guapo coming from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_Autonomous_Oblast

ChocolateFace
Why he didn't go to mother Russia?

He got his daddy mad at him

Alexq
this is no yugoslavia where you can just write somethings down and make everyone believe it.Claiming it does not mean anything. We always knew we were natives to this land.

Do you know what core means? It means the center geographically.

Albania has the most dinarics in Europe by far even tosks are more dinarid then south slavs.

so did everyone else knew they are native to this land... albanians should stop acting and feeling like some sort of aborigenees here, where everyone else are aliens to them.

ChocolateFace
05-24-2013, 01:27 AM
This is from where rashka & Guapo coming from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_Autonomous_Oblast

That's actually where they wish they come from. They are from Iran.

ChocolateFace
05-24-2013, 01:28 AM
so did everyone else knew they are native to this land... albanians should stop acting and feeling like some sort of aborigenees here, where everyone else are aliens to them.

they are aliens.

rashka
05-24-2013, 01:30 AM

Go count to 20 or was that 10? njėzet (one times ten) = twenty! :lol:

1x10 = 20; 2x10 = 40. If you think this calculation is wrong, go to Albania and you find it all okay!
Albanian is the only language in the world where twenty is not two times ten but one times ten!
One of the key evidences that Albanians borrowed foreign words according to their hearing and (mis)understanding are the Albanian numbers.

Arianiti
05-24-2013, 01:34 AM

1x10 = 20; 2x10 = 40. If you think this calculation is wrong, go to Albania and you find it all okay!
Albanian is the only language in the world where twenty is not two times ten but one times ten!
One of the key evidences that Albanians borrowed foreign words according to their hearing and (mis)understanding are the Albanian numbers.

Where have you heard this? From your Serbian Academy? :lol:

ChocolateFace
05-24-2013, 01:35 AM

Rashka posts misinformation again. What a looser.

It isn't 1*20. The information is wrong in the post.

Arianiti
05-24-2013, 01:41 AM
Njezet, dyzet. Zet eshte e barabarte me 2 x 10, ose nje 20, prandaj eshte 1 x 20, 2x20.

Kjo e ka perzi zet me dhjete.

rashka
05-24-2013, 01:51 AM
From Caucasus Albania: Kakheti & Tusheti
From Europe Albania: Gegėt & Toskėt

Case closed. Now go back to your Geghama mountains and say hi to your Caucasian brothers. :lol:

ChocolateFace
05-24-2013, 01:52 AM
From Caucasus Albania: Kakheti & Tusheti
From Europe Albania: Gegėt & Toskėt

Case closed.

Misinformation again.

What a looser.

rashka
05-24-2013, 02:00 AM
:coffee: Now we know why they are the black sheep of the IE family.

http://www.tricycle.com/files/images/blog/blacksheep.jpg

The.Mask
05-24-2013, 02:01 AM
rashka looser forever go to sleep.

of course if you are not immigrant in Canada like Guapo your boyfriend. :lol:

Skerdilaid
05-24-2013, 03:08 AM
:coffee: Now we know why they are the black sheep of the IE family.

http://www.tricycle.com/files/images/blog/blacksheep.jpg

Mrs. white sheep don't scratch your self against the Black Ram.

Guapo
05-24-2013, 03:08 AM
rashka looser forever go to sleep.

of course if you are not immigrant in Canada like Guapo your boyfriend. :lol:

:confused: I have many proxies if that's what you mean(US, UK, Spain, Sweden etc) I'm actually Belgian. Dralos and I speak together in Flemish.

Kurt
05-24-2013, 03:47 AM

One of the key evidences that Albanians borrowed foreign words according to their hearing and (mis)understanding are the Albanian numbers.:rotfl::rotfl:

el22
05-24-2013, 06:23 AM
Lol. And French ami, Catalan amic, Spanish amigo... they also come from Albanian?

Latin amicus, like amabilis, amorosus and other derived words, stem from the root am-o "to love".

I understand that latins were in 'love' with their 'friends', but that's just not the case with the origins of these words.
What does this mean, than you invented first the word for love, and then the word for friend? This is very romantic of you, but from what we understand of prehistory, ancient humans rather stole a female, than sing love serenades to her. But they needed to tell apart who was their friend/alley and who was their enemy since the beginning.

And are you aware of instances when you loan a word, and remove letters from it's beginning?

el22
05-24-2013, 06:29 AM
You can see that latins got the word 'mik' (friend) from albanian from the following connection:

amico (friend)
nemico (enemy)

ne-mico should have come from no-mico (non friend)

the base word is 'mico' which comes from albanian mic (we write it mik)

and we use:
mik (friend)
armik (enemy)

rashka
05-25-2013, 07:31 PM
You can see that latins got the word 'mik' (friend) from albanian from the following connection:

amico (friend)
nemico (enemy)

ne-mico should have come from no-mico (non friend)

the base word is 'mico' which comes from albanian mic (we write it mik)

and we use:
mik (friend)
armik (enemy)

What does armik have to do with enemy? :lol:
Albanian got mik from the Latins or even Slavs. Mio means likeable in Serbian.
If ne and no form the opposite of 'amico' as you are saying then why is it that this form is not used in Albanian? Albanian for 'not' is nuk. Enemy in Albanian: armik. Why is it not nukmik or nemik or enemik?

Albanian language has roots in the Caucasus. This is one of the proofs of how Albanian language is not IE. Not everything can be erased from their structures. Many things still remain as in the example of armik.

Mingrelian (dialect from the Caucasus) uses nu and var to show negativity.
Georgian 'ar' means "not".

Arbėrori
05-25-2013, 07:32 PM
Rashka, you know nothing about linguistics or Albanian. :lol:

alfieb
05-25-2013, 07:38 PM
Rashka, you know nothing about linguistics or Albanian. :lol:
It's not her fault. Serbs don't read. They murder. Their primary export is coffins. To say you are Georgian migrants is to say they can bury you with impunity.

Kastrioti1443
05-25-2013, 07:42 PM
If ne and no form the opposite of 'amico' as you are saying then why is it that this form is not used in Albanian? Albanian for 'not' is nuk. Enemy in Albanian: armik. Why is it not nukmik or nemik or enemik?

Albanian language has roots in the Caucasus. This is one of the proofs of how Albanian language is not IE. Not everything can be erased from their structures. Many things still remain as in the example of armik.

For God's sake you dark unibrow shit, go and kill yourself. You are that kind of subhuman that I wouldn't forgive evan if you bag me like a whore for 10 hours, i would still rape your skin.

rashka
05-25-2013, 07:43 PM
It's not her fault. Serbs don't read. They murder. Their primary export is coffins. To say you are Georgian migrants is to say they can bury you with impunity.
Shqiptar, if you can't contribute to this like a real man then don't come here with non-related topic nonsense.
But regardless of your immaturity, what you are agreeing to is that Italians adopted the word amicus from the mighty Albanians. Good work Shquiptario.

Kastrioti1443
05-25-2013, 07:44 PM

Not all serbs are like Rashka the negro. She is a real subhuman, a kind of creature which you should kill when you have the chance because it will always return back.

alfieb
05-25-2013, 07:45 PM
Shqiptar, if you can't contribute to this like a real man then don't come here with non-related topic nonsense.
But regardless of your immaturity, what you are agreeing to is that Italians adopted the word amicus from the mighty Albanians. Good work Shquiptario.

I don't give a shit whether the Illyrians or Latins first used it.

rashka
05-25-2013, 07:50 PM
I don't give a shit whether the Illyrians or Latins first used it.
Shiptar, why are you on this topic then?

Kastrioti1443
05-25-2013, 07:53 PM

What the fuck do you serbian iranid negro want in this topic??????

alfieb
05-25-2013, 07:53 PM
Why are you in this thread? It has nothing to do with you Iranians.

el22
05-25-2013, 08:04 PM

I wrote a more detailed answer in another thread (http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1624432#post1624432), but here's it again:

I'll link the following words with googletranslate so you can check for yourself:

Imagine some armed person in a supermarket. Someone notices him, and screams: "Gun, has a gun, Run!"

eng: gun, run away <-> alb: arm (http://translate.google.com/?sl=sq&tl=en&js=n#sq/en/arm%C3%AB), ik (http://translate.google.com/?sl=sq&tl=en&js=n#sq/en/ik)
eng: weapon / gun <-> alb: arm (http://translate.google.com/?sl=sq&tl=en&js=n#sq/en/arm%C3%AB)
eng: get away / run away / escape <-> alb: ik (http://translate.google.com/?sl=sq&tl=en&js=n#sq/en/ik)
alb: arm + ik => armik
eng: enemy/hostile <-> alb: armik (http://translate.google.com/?sl=sq&tl=en&js=n#sq/en/armik)

This is how the albanian word 'armik' (eng: enemy/hostile) is formed. Now the word 'mik' (friend) :

If someone armed approaches to you, you're scared and about to run away. But if he doesn't have hostile intentions he says: "don't run away / I'm not hostile / I'm friendly"

eng: don't run away <-> alb: mo ik
eng: don't <-> alb: mo(s) (http://translate.google.com/?sl=sq&tl=en&js=n#sq/en/mos)
eng: get away / run away / escape <-> alb: ik (http://translate.google.com/?sl=sq&tl=en&js=n#sq/en/ik)
alb: mo ik => moik => mik (http://translate.google.com/?sl=sq&tl=en&js=n#sq/en/mik) (friend)

djali i 4rt ne te djath asht i perzim, duket si siclian

The word 'asht' in the quote above means eng: 'is'. It's in Gheg (old Albanian) dialect. The Tosk/official Albanian it's eshte (http://translate.google.com/?sl=en&tl=sq&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&eotf=1&text=deceive+#sq/en/eshte)

However, instead of 'asht' sometimes (in Gheg dialect) people use just 'a' to mean 'is'. So:

alb: a mik <-> eng: is friend

alb: mik is in indefinite form. In definite form we append an 'u': miku (http://translate.google.com/?sl=en&tl=sq&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&eotf=1&text=deceive+#sq/en/miku)<-> (the friend)

Ultimately:

alb: a mik(u) <-> eng: is (the) friend

alb: a mik(u) => amiku == amicu => amicus (latin)

When some one asks: "is a friend?". The response could be: "No(t) friend"

no mik(u) == no micu => nomicu => nemicu => nemicus (latin)

ital: amico - eng: friend
ital: nemico - eng: enemy

With a single example I showed how italian has borrowed amico, nemico, and armi (eng:weapon) from albanian.

Kastrioti1443
05-25-2013, 08:18 PM
Exellent work el22! However what you Said are still assumptions.

el22
05-25-2013, 08:34 PM
Exellent work el22! However what you Said are still assumptions.

Until someone invents a time traveling machine so we can go back in time and attest at different periods what words people were using, everything is an assumption. However some assumptions are better than others. My assumption is that learning to speak for the primitive humans wasn't an easy task. It's still not an easy task for a 2-3 years old child. So they should have a strong motivation to do it, and the strongest motivation is the effort to survive.

I think prehistoric humans were threatened by these 3 kind of threats: 1) attack from wild animals, 2) attack from other humans, and 3) natural phenomena.
Between the three, the attack from other armed humans should have been more dangerous than attack from wild animals, and more frequent than say, being hit by a thunderbolt.

So the need to describe this kind of threat should have existed before the need to express feelings such as friendship or love. Based on this reasoning I think the starting point is "Guns, Run!" (alb: armik <-> eng: hostile/enemy).

I used an example with some armed person in a supermarket, to show that even today, It is the fact that someone has guns, that makes him dangerous.

Mahmoud
05-25-2013, 08:54 PM
Language imposition, albanian has proven to be quite distinct from other indo european languages because of pre indo european elements.

Arbėrori
05-25-2013, 08:56 PM
Language imposition, albanian has proven to be quite distinct from other indo european languages because of pre indo european elements.

We're a mix of Neolithic natives & Indo-Europeans.

Kastrioti1443
05-25-2013, 08:57 PM
We're a mix of Neolithic natives & Indo-Europeans.

Tell me the differences in years of when these populations came in europe.

Arbėrori
05-25-2013, 09:02 PM
Tell me the differences in years of when these populations came in europe.

A few thousand I believe, ask Duskfall, he knows more about this.

el22
05-25-2013, 09:08 PM

Albanian has not proven to be quite distinct, it simply has been mistreated. That's why it comes up as "the balck sheep".
The many similar words between italian and albanian are considered to have originated from italian, while the opposite is true. Albanians were the most important ethnicity that moved in italian peninsula and brought their language with them.

Kastrioti1443
05-25-2013, 09:09 PM
Albanian has not proven to be quite distinct, it simply has been mistreated. That's why it comes up as "the balck sheep".
The many similar words between italian and albanian are considered to have originated from italian, while the opposite is true. Albanians were the most important ethnicity that moved in italian peninsula and brought their language with them.

You need to give proves about that.

Mahmoud
05-25-2013, 09:11 PM

lol. I thought it was Italic tribes (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latins_(Italic_tribe)).

Arbėrori
05-25-2013, 09:12 PM
We share the most ancestors with Italians, so it makes sense tbh.

The Illyrian Warrior
05-25-2013, 09:14 PM
lol.

Slavs came in the 7th century not in 5th...Just for correction :)

el22
05-25-2013, 09:16 PM
You need to give proves about that.

Proves like a physics experiment can't be given, not only about my claim, but even that Greeks had a civilisation at all. Dandelion wasn't able to show a single authentic archaeological artifact that attest that Greeks ever had a civilization. These are all theories, and the best theory wins. The best theory is that that answers more questions than any other theory, and isn't contradicted by a single fact. As I have pointed out in several posts, the currently accepted theory can't answer even some basic questions.

el22
05-25-2013, 09:18 PM
lol. I thought it was Italic tribes (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latins_(Italic_tribe)).

You didn't thought anything. You just referenced what some other people have thought, and their thinking isn't very consistent.

Szegedist
05-25-2013, 09:25 PM
Albanian is not really a black sheep. Remember that there is also Armenian, and Greek who aren't part of a big sub-group.

Shame more languages aren't like this, because pretty much all the Slavic languages from the Adriatic to the Black sea , or North Germanic languages, sound the same, and its boring... which makes it lame. Unique languages are much cooler :thumb001:

alfieb
05-25-2013, 09:30 PM

The Southern Italian region of Apulia was originally inhabited by Illyrians, and its name is of Illyrian origin.

Loki
05-25-2013, 09:36 PM
For God's sake you dark unibrow shit, go and kill yourself. You are that kind of subhuman that I wouldn't forgive evan if you bag me like a whore for 10 hours, i would still rape your skin.

Right, this time you get a week ban. If you come back after that and still insult members in this way, it is going to be permanent. I think you've had enough warnings.

Don Arb
05-25-2013, 09:44 PM
I see Rashkas insults in the same level as Kastrioi1443, she is low.

rashka
05-26-2013, 02:00 AM
Hyenas will be hyenas. That is low to not consider Kastrioti's posts vulgar and highly insulting.

Guapo
05-26-2013, 03:08 AM

then you're a hypocrite, rashka never threatens to rape and kill someone like that islamic neaderthal pretending to be catholic highlander. Christians dont talk that way.

Guapo
05-26-2013, 03:15 AM

Ushtari
05-27-2013, 09:02 AM

Hyenas will be hyenas.
I agree.

Geni
05-27-2013, 05:12 PM

Rashka..armik is 1 new word ,medieval albanian say Anemiku(Buzuku Missale)..albanian is not 1 Caucasian language..even if we accept your theory that the Albanians are from the Caucasus .. language is not from the Caucasus ... have to admit this .. otherwise it is useless ... to discuss .. It is completely different ... like I say, that Serbian language is the language of the Maya people ...

crank
10-27-2014, 07:17 PM
Because it's the language with the most obscure origins

Kurt
10-27-2014, 07:35 PM
Hyenas will be hyenas. That is low to not consider Kastrioti's posts vulgar and highly insulting.

Where's rashka??lool

Tyrrhen
10-29-2014, 11:26 PM
Albanian is descended from Pelasgian, as for the ''Indo-European'' theory, it's just that, a theory which is not based on much...

Scholarios Chiotis
10-30-2014, 06:52 AM
Albanian is descended from Pelasgian, as for the ''Indo-European'' theory, it's just that, a theory which is not based on much...

It is a theory like evolution is a theory. We have all these similar organisms (languages) and we construct a theory (PIE) and look for evidence that it took place - archaeological or linguistic proof is everywhere. Pelagsian theory is not based on much aside from the whims of a few Albanians from 90 years ago.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-smHlTgg6yaQ/Ua8rPE6apUI/AAAAAAAAA94/0uoY9bsESyE/w958-h539-no/alb2.bmp

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-O9ALLeFrKsc/Ua8rraqXzHI/AAAAAAAAA8c/U7MFlxYrVZc/w958-h539-no/albanian%2Bmyths.bmp

All samples of "mythic thinking" which have been "rejected by modern scholars"

Tyrrhen
10-30-2014, 12:44 PM
Myth, is it? ...just some facts...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogH7jnqU6BM

http://www.glossesweb.com/2012/10/blog-post_25.html

http://www.greeks-albanians.com/top-greeks-albanians/gr-m-ga-pes/74-cat-ga-pel-01

Prengs
10-30-2014, 01:01 PM

"Pelasgian" civilization is myth just like "Atlantis" civilization. The are 0 evidence about real existence of them.

Tyrrhen
10-30-2014, 01:39 PM
...I just posted a few of the facts about the Pelasgians, I can quote Herodotus too on the matter, the only people stubbornly denying their existence are people who have something to gain out of it...

HellLander87
10-30-2014, 01:57 PM
Finally an orthodox christian Albanian.Welcome to the forum brother.

Abeja
10-30-2014, 02:00 PM

I see what you're trying to. Want to hellenize him too? :laugh:

leapfrogger
10-30-2014, 02:17 PM

Hahah! There's quite a lot of languages who used this system in the past, in Europe too. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vigesimal

The.Mask
10-30-2014, 06:47 PM

Brother because he is Orthodox? If he doesn't consider Albanian Muslims and Catholics as brothers he can't be considered as Albanian.

Subhuman Animal
10-30-2014, 06:48 PM
All Languages are Gypsy languages specially in South Eastern Europe, we gypsies gave the world language.

crank
10-30-2014, 06:55 PM
All Languages are Gypsy languages specially in South Eastern Europe, we gypsies gave the world language.

You may have a point...Sanskrit is the mother of all IE languages

crank
10-30-2014, 06:59 PM
I see what you're trying to. Want to hellenize him too? :laugh:

If you think Greeks "hellenized" Southern Albania you are clearly deluded. :crazy;

Tyrrhen
10-30-2014, 09:52 PM
Just to be clear I only consider as brothers Albanians, my own blood, unlike Greece and Serbia, in Albania we don't identify nationality by religion.

Scholarios Chiotis
10-31-2014, 03:23 AM
Myth, is it? ...just some facts...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogH7jnqU6BM

http://www.glossesweb.com/2012/10/blog-post_25.html

http://www.greeks-albanians.com/top-greeks-albanians/gr-m-ga-pes/74-cat-ga-pel-01

Absolute rubbish, Balkanian "history" ally of esoteric nationalism. (http://balkanologie.revues.org/2272) The word is very very rarely used in mainstream scholarship and its use by ancient writers is so vague and contradictory, that it is not forgotten without reason. Its meaningless.