PDA

View Full Version : Which is the most popular European Romance-speaking country or territory?

Rouxinol
02-14-2013, 12:57 PM
Which of the European Romance-speaking countries is the most popular? I would like this poll and thread to be especially focused on cultural (including modern popular culture) popularity in the rest of the world: food, language, music, literature and other sorts of art forms (sculpture, paiting, etc.), ancient or modern, are to be taken into account. Just out of curiosity.

Catrau
02-14-2013, 01:05 PM
Every country has its pros and cons. The one that receives more tourists is France but I think the huge majority goes to Paris, then Italy and if they go a lot to Rome they spread more evenly on numerous interesting and renowned cities. Spain, Greece and Portugal also get a lot of tourists. In Portugal they go to the Algarve and Lisbon and they haven't the slightest idea of the wonders they can see elsewhere. Porto is attracting a lot of tourism too especially because of the low cost companies flying there, the Douro cruises and the wine and food tourism.

Just90
02-14-2013, 01:20 PM
France

Culture
Music
Fashion
Language
Cuisine

Rouxinol
02-14-2013, 01:20 PM
Algarve is so overrated. Yes, Porto becoming a Hub for low cost companies is great and has been flourishing the long overdue international tourism over there.

Sky earth
02-14-2013, 01:32 PM
I think it's France. I mean alone Paris is the most visited city in this world by tourists and also the whole culture of french people like Baguette or Crossaints are very popular