PDA

View Full Version : War; Sweden vs Russia (no nuclear weaponry)

Žołnir
02-22-2013, 10:07 PM
What would be resoults of war between Sweden and Russia considering that there wouldn't be nuclear weapons. Debate.

Permafrost
02-22-2013, 10:14 PM
Probably something along the line of the Great Northern War, with the Karoliner vs PTG's troops. Sweden was all about quality over quantity, Russia the reverse; and today things haven't changed that much.

I know Sweden has supreme military technology but don't know nothing about their numbers.

Anglojew
02-22-2013, 10:16 PM
Sweden would be speaking Russian in about a month.

archangel
02-22-2013, 10:16 PM
swedes got wiped from earth,millions of them would die,tiny little swedes cant do anything to big russia in my humble opinion

Žołnir
02-22-2013, 10:18 PM
Probably something along the line of the Great Northern War, with the Karoliner vs PTG's troops. Sweden was all about quality over quantity, Russia the reverse; and today things haven't changed that much.

I know Sweden has supreme military technology but don't know nothing about their numbers.

I don't know so much bout technology but i would agree with you that it would be something like Great Northern War. :D

Armand_Duval
02-22-2013, 10:19 PM
The russians would overwhelm the Swedens pretty easily...... russians have proven to be fierce fighters capable tu endure the unendurable, their estoicism knows of no boundaries, there's isnt anything the swedens could throw at them that they cannot handle.

Virtuous
02-22-2013, 10:21 PM
Just mention the Spetsnaz and everyone flees from the battlefield.

Lobotomist
02-22-2013, 10:21 PM
Sweden would clearly lose.
But i wonder what would happen if whole Scandinavia + Finland were against Russia. Who would win?

Žołnir
02-22-2013, 10:24 PM
But i wonder what would happen if whole Scandinavia + Finland were against Russia. Who would win?

I think it is possible there could be draw for Sweden alone if they would fight ferociously. Altho it would cost Sweden alot.

Permafrost
02-22-2013, 10:37 PM
I don't know so much bout technology but i would agree with you that it would be something like Great Northern War. :D

Yes, something like that. Of course Russians wouldn't wage attrition warfare like they did 300 years ago, they'd probably send massive human waves of infantry, armored vehicles and air force, which would eventually overwhelm the Swedes, but I'm sure the latter wouldn't go down so easily.

After all, the Gripen is no toy :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGI1bsBQNAc

+ Swedes have also superior military discipline among the troops; unfortunately Russia is still heavily lacking in this departement.

Szegedist
02-22-2013, 10:37 PM
Sweden would fight to the last Finn.

But seriously, it is no longer 1939, Russian army is far from peasants with rifles. Sweden would lose, as would Finland, as would Baltic states.

Russia would probably get a few pyrrhic victories, but ultimately they would win.

Especially with the Swedes being how they are today, if you know what I mean (extremely pu55ified compared to Russians)

Žołnir
02-22-2013, 10:43 PM
Sweden would fight to the last Finn.

But seriously, it is no longer 1939, Russian army is far from peasants with rifles. Sweden would lose, as would Finland, as would Baltic states.

Russia would probably get a few pyrrhic victories, but ultimately they would win.

Especially with the Swedes being how they are today, if you know what I mean (extremely pu55ified compared to Russians)

I mostly agree. Altho Sweden could use some of her other neibourghs for her cause. I think altho Sweden would lose it would be really hard war even for Russia.

sgc2009
02-22-2013, 10:44 PM

Active military personnel/reserve personnel:

Sweden: 14 000 / 25 900

Norway: 26 200 / 88 000

Denmark: 24 200 / 63 000

Finland: 36 479 / 357 000

Scandinavia total: 100 879 / 533 900

Russia: 1 040 000 / 2 035 000

Maybe a week for Russia to finish the job...?

Armand_Duval
02-22-2013, 10:47 PM
You guys just remember the incredibly savage battles the Russians fought against the nAZIS, it was actually the Russians the ones who dealt the worst defeats to the wehrmacht and the SS divisions.

The Battle of Kurshk, Staligrad and Leningrad Sieges, the battle of Balaton lake, the Citadell operation and the take of berlin are irrefutable proofs of my saying.

Russian Army: Hands Down.

Szegedist
02-22-2013, 10:47 PM
I mostly agree. Altho Sweden could use some of her other neibourghs for her cause. I think altho Sweden would lose it would be really hard war even for Russia.

I don't think Sweden's neigbours are dumb enough to get involved in a war where there is only one outcome.

They would most likely allow some volunteers to go, and maybe provide humanitarian aid and allow refugees at best...

Žołnir
02-22-2013, 10:50 PM
Active military personnel/reserve personnel:

Sweden: 14 000 / 25 900

Norway: 26 200 / 88 000

Denmark: 24 200 / 63 000

Finland: 36 479 / 357 000

Scandinavia total: 100 879 / 533 900

Russia: 1 040 000 / 2 035 000

Maybe a week for Russia to finish the job...?

However it's not all about statistics. We must think in broader sense. Such war would have serious importance in the region and NATO is neibourgh, etc. Not to mention two great powers once attacked smaller ones like USA vs Vietnam, USSR vs Afghanistan. Events ain't that clear in real life. Just saying. :)

Bosnjakinja
02-22-2013, 10:50 PM
Sweden, because the West would sympathize with and aid them

Szegedist
02-22-2013, 10:53 PM
Sweden, because the West would sympathize with and aid them

I think this is naive to assume, there were many cases when Russia or USSR attacked smaller European countries and they did nothing.

Does Sweden hold anything of importance? oil? I don't think so.

sgc2009
02-22-2013, 10:54 PM
However it's not all about statistics. We must think in broader sense. Such war would have serious importance in the region and NATO is neibourgh, etc. Not to mention two great powers once attacked smaller ones like USA vs Vietnam, USSR vs Afghanistan. Events ain't that clear in real life. Just saying. :)

Sure if we're talking about Norway and Denmark, both being NATO members they would get assistance. But if we consider the scenario without any NATO involvement.

Žołnir
02-22-2013, 10:57 PM
Sure if we're talking about Norway and Denmark, both being NATO members they would get assistance. But if we consider the scenario without any NATO involvement.

Then Sweden would most likely lose ofc. and Russia would maybe get Scando talibanstan. :D

Bosnjakinja
I think this is naive to assume, there were many cases when Russia or USSR attacked smaller European countries and they did nothing.

I wouldn't say Sweden is small and insignificant. Unlike many of the countries Russia or USSR attacked, Sweden is deeply entrenched in Western Europe and in Western European tradition. I would imagine the West would consider it their obligation to help them it at least some form.

Pallantides
If Sweden had Finnish soldiers to fight against the Russians I think they'd make it in a defensive war, but if it was just Swedes then no chance:D

Žołnir
02-22-2013, 11:00 PM

Economically Sweden ain't that low in importance. I think it would have effect on economy of other Euro's.

Szegedist
02-22-2013, 11:00 PM
NATO or no NATO makes the biggest difference.

If we include NATO, then it is no longer a war of Sweden vs Russia, but NATO vs Russia, a totally different thing, and the more realistic option.

Or is this a hypothetical scenario where it is only Russia vs Sweden?

Žołnir
02-22-2013, 11:04 PM
NATO or no NATO makes the biggest difference.

If we include NATO, then it is no longer a war of Sweden vs Russia, but NATO vs Russia, a totally different thing, and the more realistic option.

Or is this a hypothetical scenario where it is only Russia vs Sweden?

Well originally i intended as realistically as possible excluding only nuclear weaponry. All geopolitical situations, etc. included. However you can also seperately comment hypothetical scenario Sweden vs Russia only.

arcticwolf
02-23-2013, 12:59 AM
You guys are pretty funny and unrealistic. LOL

There is no chance anybody can beat Russia, nuclear weapons on not. Not USA, not China, and surely none European country not even all of them together! not anybody. But dream on. :laugh: