PDA

View Full Version : Turkic influence and culture on other races of culture ( Europe, Middle east, South Asia )

ButlerKing
06-14-2013, 02:32 AM
What are the influence of Turkic people on other cultures? I know Turkic have huge linguistic influence in the many territories they conquered but what other influences were there?

Hurrem sultana
06-14-2013, 02:36 AM
Not many,ottomans mainly brought "arabism" to Balkan

mr. logan
06-14-2013, 02:42 AM
Some dancing?

ButlerKing
06-14-2013, 02:42 AM
What about the Turkic hat? I see Central Asians, Turkish, Russians, North Caucasus people where these hats. I believe it must have been a Turkic nomadic influence.

http://www.thelovelyplanet.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/kazakh-man.jpg
http://globalvoicesonline.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/17.jpg
http://blogs.uoregon.edu/artandhumanvalues/files/2012/10/russian-army-wearing-ushanka-1lygo4e.jpg

Hurrem sultana
06-14-2013, 02:43 AM
I think people rather use it there because of the weather,its not only turkic

ButlerKing
06-14-2013, 02:49 AM
I think people rather use it there because of the weather,its not only turkic

Karakul (hat)

Qaraqul means Black fur in Turkic, similar types of hats are common among Turkic people.

In the USSR, the Karakul hat became very popular among Politburo members. It became common that Soviet leaders appeared in public, wearing this type of hat. The hat probably gained its prestige among Party leaders because it was an obligatory parade attribute of the czar and Soviet Generals.[citation needed] By wearing the Karakul hat, Soviet leaders wanted to underline their high political status. In the Soviet Union this hat also took the nickname the Pie-hat[citation needed] because it resembled traditional Russian pies.

Loki
06-14-2013, 02:50 AM
Bosnia can be called Little Turkey.

Hurrem sultana
06-14-2013, 02:56 AM
Bosnia can be called Little Turkey.

No,we dont have any turkic traditions

Loki
06-14-2013, 02:58 AM
No,we dont have any turkic traditions

Turkish food, Turkish religion ... ?

Pontios
06-14-2013, 02:59 AM
What about the Turkic hat? I see Central Asians, Turkish, Russians, North Caucasus people where these hats. I believe it must have been a Turkic nomadic influence.

Those hats were originally in the Caucasus before those Mongols came anywhere near Europe. They are from the Caucasus originally. They not Turkic or any other sort of Mongolian offspring.

Baluarte
06-14-2013, 02:59 AM
Nobody mentions kebab?!!

http://www.seriouseats.com/assets_c/2010/08/20100821-ca-doner-restaurant-thumb-500x375-107137.jpg

ButlerKing
06-14-2013, 03:01 AM
Those hats were originally in the Caucasus before those Mongols came anywhere near Europe. They are from the Caucasus originally. They not Turkic or any other sort of Mongolian offspring.

Well the word originated from Turkic so it must be Turkic.

Hurrem sultana
06-14-2013, 03:05 AM
Turkish food, Turkish religion ... ?

lol turkish religion wtf

and the food is found all over middleast,its certianly not turkic

Baluarte
06-14-2013, 03:07 AM
lol turkish religion wtf

http://funnyasduck.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/funny-good-guy-arabs-religion-alcohol-kebab-drunk-food-pics.jpg

Loki
06-14-2013, 03:07 AM
lol turkish religion wtf

Well it was the Ottomans who introduced Islam to the Balkans - and also kebab and many other traditions ... holding out the strongest in Bosnia till this day :)

ButlerKing
06-14-2013, 03:18 AM
There is a strong Turkic influence on Pakistani culture. The shared history goes back to the time when the Seljuks, a Turkic people from Central Asia, poured southward into Persia in 1037 and established the Empire of the Great Seljuks. One branch of the Seljuks took over Ghazni in Afghanistan, ruled by Sultan Mahmud from 997-1030. Mahmud's grandfather was a Turkic general from Turkestan who had crossed the Hindu Kush mountains to seize Ghazni, located strategically on the road between Kabul and Kandahar. At its peak, his empire included all of Afghanistan, most of modern Iran and parts of Pakistan and northern India. During his time, Ferdausi wrote the Shahnamah and Al Beruni his classic treatise on India.

In 1071, another branch of the Seljuk family moved west from Persia. It engaged the armies of the Byzantine emperor in what is now eastern Turkey and defeated them decisively. After that, the Seljuk Turks flooded into Anatolia, taking control of most of eastern and central Anatolia. They established their capital at Konya around 1150 and created the western (Rum) Seljuk sultanate. During their reign, Maulana Rumi penned his Masnavi and established a Sufi order that has a large global following.

Over time, the Seljuks in Turkey were succeeded by the Ottomans who went on to establish an empire that lasted for six centuries, from 1299 to 1922. In the subcontinent meanwhile Mahmud Ghazni had been succeeded by other Muslim rulers including the Mughals. The movement to revive the Khilafat after the defeat of the Ottomans in World War I received a boost from the Muslims of the subcontinent. Even though the movement failed in its political objectives, it did underscore the desire of the two peoples to work together, as was noted by Erdogan.

Hurrem sultana
06-14-2013, 03:18 AM
Well it was the Ottomans who introduced Islam to the Balkans - and also kebab and many other traditions ... holding out the strongest in Bosnia till this day :)

and its not turkic,its ottoman turkish at best

Pontios
06-14-2013, 03:31 AM
Well the word originated from Turkic so it must be Turkic.

What word?

If it was originally Turkish, why did they not wear them during Ottoman Empire? It seems to have been recent since most pictures with those hats are from Attaturk times.

ButlerKing
06-14-2013, 03:33 AM
What word?

Karakul (hat)

Qaraqul means Black fur in Turkic

ButlerKing
06-14-2013, 03:37 AM
What word?

If it was originally Turkish, why did they not wear them during Ottoman Empire? It seems to have been recent since most pictures with those hats are from Attaturk times.

The hat originated from Central Asia. Qaraqal sheeps were commonly domesticated in modern uzbekistan.

Vesuvian Sky
06-14-2013, 03:51 AM
obvious answer is obviously doner kebab.:rolleyes:

c'mon people.:D

randomguy1235
06-14-2013, 04:18 AM
Not many,ottomans mainly brought "arabism" to Balkan

Arabism? How so?

Sisak
06-25-2013, 12:49 AM
In the Croatian region of Slavonia there is a rural customs Divani, it is the Turkish word if I'm not mistaken, and perhaps also word taken from us.

Karadon
09-07-2020, 02:40 PM
Yoğurt and Kalpak, Papak, Başlık and Börk

Ford
09-07-2020, 02:56 PM
The existence of Bosniaks

Pribislav
09-07-2020, 03:09 PM
In the Croatian region of Slavonia there is a rural customs Divani, it is the Turkish word if I'm not mistaken, and perhaps also word taken from us.

"Dođide da prodivanimo zera" - usual sentence among older people from my area when they call each other to talk.

Kyp
09-07-2020, 03:16 PM
In Iran:
- linguistic influence. Persians use turkic -gh- instead of Iranic -k- etc..
- vocabulary: mostly militaristic/court stuff (titles, forms etc.) This comes from times where the Iranian militarity was by large parts made up of Turks
- Yogurt: Iranians like it as much as Turks today
- genetics: Azerbaijanis, Qashkai, Turkmens etc...

In Germany:
-Döner Kebab

Bender1999
09-07-2020, 03:31 PM
The great wall of china

PAGANE
12-28-2020, 10:05 AM
The predecessor of today's pants comes to Europe from the lands of Central Asia.