PDA

View Full Version : 5 things I dont like, what about you ?

Acquisitor
10-10-2013, 07:28 PM
poll coming up.

I dont like:

- To go to theaters, I don't understand why people go to see actors pretending to be someone they are not (I do like movies though). As a kid/young teen my (grand)parents took me to see spectacles and I couldn't wait til it was done so we could go home.

- Opera: one of the most horrific experiences from childhood was seeing opera.

- Ballet: thanks god I never saw it in reality, but I know I'd hate it

- To dance: I have never danced and I don't understand why people do. What drives people to dance ?

- Music concerts: never went to a concert, in general I don't like music other than some classic music. Yet its a huge industry: people pay to download records or buy cd's, people pay to go to concerts.

what do you think about these activities ?

Lena
10-10-2013, 07:34 PM
If you hate opera, you should give a chance to operetta.

Ballet is not for everyone http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/no/t2642.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FY4Y1gTO9HE

Acquisitor
10-10-2013, 07:36 PM
If you hate opera, you should give a chance to operetta.

Ballet is not for everyone http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/no/t2642.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FY4Y1gTO9HE

even as a business ballet can not be a very profitable one imo. You need to pay these girls high salaries if they are any good, you need to rent a place for them to dance, and as you said "its not for everyone". So travelling around the globe and making money by letting people see this strange dance is risky.

King Claus
10-10-2013, 07:38 PM
Gay thread = gay.

Corvus
10-10-2013, 07:38 PM
Its all girls/women stuff actually, I have a neutral attidute towards theater - I have already seen some good productions
the rest is also not my cup of tea, my current girlfriend has an affection for all these spectacles though

Ultra
10-10-2013, 07:40 PM
Its all girls/women stuff actually, I have a neutral attidute towards theater - I have already seen some good productions
the rest is also not my cup of tea, my current girlfriend has an affection for all these spectacles though
Sounds like she is going to hurt your wallet.

Acquisitor
10-10-2013, 07:40 PM
Its all girls/women stuff actually, I have a neutral attitude towards theater - I have already seen some good productions

I hope she doesnt drag you along to see it

Han Cholo
10-10-2013, 07:42 PM
I like concerts. It's actually refreshing to see musicians playing live with good sound, a total different feeling to be amongst people tuned at the same frequency of music as you rather than just listening at home.

Corvus
10-10-2013, 07:44 PM
Sounds like she is going to hurt your wallet.

I hope she doesnt drag you along to see it

To visit the theater/cinema is ok. I refuse to go to the other things though
And yes sadly women are expensive but this is no revelation.
Staying single is definitly saving money

Acquisitor
10-10-2013, 07:47 PM
To visit the theater/cinema is ok. I refuse to go to the other things though
And yes sadly women are expensive but this is no revelation.
Staying single is definitly saving money

money saved is money earned ^^

imagine how much money is saved when one doesn't reproduce.

King Claus
10-10-2013, 07:48 PM
money saved is money earned ^^

imagine how much money is saved when one doesn't reproduce.

Off topic, jew, do you need some attention?

larali
10-10-2013, 07:51 PM
I'm not crazy about opera, but I got into it one time. I had an internship at the opera house. I was trying to get a PR position with it but it didn't work out.

I don't care to watch ballet (unless it is my little girl dancing, obviously, but she recently quit ballet)...

I dislike sports, playing them, watching them. Hate sports.

I don't like wine. Everybody likes wine but I don't... I drink it sometimes if I'm trying to cut calories but I prefer beer.

I don't like watching movies. Can't think of a single more boring thing to do.

I also don't like playing board games, or reading books.

I sound like a really boring person I guess, but I just hate things that require a long attention span. I am a doer-- I like to go out, do things, see things, eat, dance, etc.

...I misunderstood, the topic is about those 5 things you listed. Out of those, I like to go to concerts and sing. That's all.

Methmatician
10-10-2013, 08:26 PM
Theatre: I went once. Enjoyed some parts, hated other parts.

Opera: Never been, but I've seen it on TV. I didn't find it very interesting.

Ballet: Don't like it.

Dance: I'm definitely not a dancer.

Music concerts: Never been and not that interested in going.

Sblast
10-10-2013, 08:31 PM
Ballet. Why would you hate it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OwdlKiB_ro

Jackson
10-10-2013, 08:32 PM
Theaters occasionally, dance occasionally. Not so much the others, although i'd like to go to a few more concerts it's not a big priority. Can't stand opera or musicals, find them irritating, constantly breaking out into song in the middle of a story!

Smaug
10-10-2013, 08:34 PM
I hate everything. I only like going to the flicks and listening to music, music I like of course.

gold_fenix
10-10-2013, 08:35 PM
impatience of the people
People who do not respect other cultures
arrongace
People don't know to follow the rules
people who make loud and/or speak very loud

Farah
10-10-2013, 08:39 PM
poll coming up.

I dont like:

- To go to theaters, I don't understand why people go to see actors pretending to be someone they are not (I do like movies though). As a kid/young teen my (grand)parents took me to see spectacles and I couldn't wait til it was done so we could go home.

- Opera: one of the most horrific experiences from childhood was seeing opera.

- Ballet: thanks god I never saw it in reality, but I know I'd hate it

- To dance: I have never danced and I don't understand why people do. What drives people to dance ?

- Music concerts: never went to a concert, in general I don't like music other than some classic music. Yet its a huge industry: people pay to download records or buy cd's, people pay to go to concerts.

what do you think about these activities ?

How could such beautiful things be disliked. :worried1: The way I see it is

1) theater, is the plateau through which you can suspend belief & reality, and indulge in imagination
2) opera, is the experiment of the human voice and its elasticity
3) ballet, is the expression of the human body's gracility
4) dancing, is the personification of any range of emotions (like hotel california's line: some dance to remember & some dance to forget ;))
5) music concerts, is the extension of your five senses to experiencing music

and i think they all overlap in one way or another..

Acquisitor
10-11-2013, 03:05 PM
How could such beautiful things be disliked. :worried1: The way I see it is

1) theater, is the plateau through which you can suspend belief & reality, and indulge in imagination
2) opera, is the experiment of the human voice and its elasticity
3) ballet, is the expression of the human body's gracility
4) dancing, is the personification of any range of emotions (like hotel california's line: some dance to remember & some dance to forget ;))
5) music concerts, is the extension of your five senses to experiencing music

and i think they all overlap in one way or another..

to each his own :)