PDA

View Full Version : Guerrilla Girls: Whiny cunts for 25 years, but are they artists?

Fear Fiain
10-15-2013, 09:08 AM
I don't get it, how come they automatically assume a slight minority of women and blacks achieving success in the fine arts compared to white males is instantly discriminatory, without examining alternate explanations?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33DXdBHaokw

Tl;Dr: Feminazis whine about not getting enough attention in the arts, play dressup like little girls without doing real art, get instant attention in the arts for over 25 years

Algernon
10-15-2013, 02:43 PM
'Whiney Cunts'? Not quite. I suggest you go out and purchase a history book or two and then perhaps you'll gain a little insight into exactly what it is that they are trying to achieve. Throughout history (especially in the west) the role of women in art has been one of objectivication - the object in the art - the cannon makes little mention of any achievements by women artists. Consider this; how many women artists can you think of off hand from the rennaisance? My guess is probably none. Does that mean there weren't any? No. But preference has always been towards the (white) male and his so-called genius. Do you honestly think that is fair?
And when a woman takes a stand against this, does that really make her a cunt???

Baluarte
10-15-2013, 02:48 PM
'Whiney Cunts'? Not quite. I suggest you go out and purchase a history book or two and then perhaps you'll gain a little insight into exactly what it is that they are trying to achieve. Throughout history (especially in the west) the role of women in art has been one of objectivication - the object in the art - the cannon makes little mention of any achievements by women artists. Consider this; how many women artists can you think of off hand from the rennaisance? My guess is probably none. Does that mean there weren't any? No. But preference has always been towards the (white) male and his so-called genius. Do you honestly think that is fair?
And when a woman takes a stand against this, does that really make her a cunt???

^^ Status quo feminism 101

Algernon
10-15-2013, 03:55 PM
^^ Status quo feminism 101

Feminism 101 perhaps - but does that detract from its value?

With your infinite wisdom, please enlighten me as to the latest developments in post-contemporary feminist discourse which I so lack.