Aemma

1. Hate Speech Laws and the dilemma of being a Canadian

What is my view on Hate Speech Laws? I ask myself this question given that I actively participate in a free-speech forum touching on all kinds of issues from a life well lived and yet I do live in a country with such laws. I feel a need to at least work through some of this antitheticalness in my being.

I readily admit to wavering lately on the issue of the appropriateness of Hate Speech Laws inasmuch as I do recognise the slippery slope of censorship: Today I cannot say something ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Evergreen

Today I asked for some snow and received some. It has been snowing steadily since mid-afternoon after a mere teasing of scattered flurries since this morning. It's beautiful outside this evening. The snow resembles the silky softness of a dusting of powdered sugar on an as yet untouched cake. I feel safe and warm in my cocoon and am enjoying the pleasure of my own solitude and being. It's during quiet and deeply reflective moments such as these that I feel most alive. Ironic: snow covers, muffles, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized