Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. The rise of Amerika and the death of the US of A

The time has come to admit the truth.

"These United States of America" is an obsolete term. It is now "Amerika".

We have gone completely rogue, off the rails, over the edge, round the bend. However you say it, it cannot be ignored.

We were a great nation of laws, a nation of freedom. It's over. We are now just a country. An immensely powerful juggernaut bleeding to death, and with a ruling elite that doesn't care if
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. 40 reasons for gun control in the US of A

40 Reasons For Gun Control
    Significant portions of this article are excerpted from Michael Z. Williamson's excellent and witty piece, "It's amazing what one has to believe to believe in gun control"
    1. Banning guns works, which is why New York, DC, & Chicago cops need guns.

2. Washington DC's low murder rate of 69 per 100,000 is due to strict gun control, and Indianapolis' high murder rate of 9 per 100,000 is due to the lack of gun control.

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Understanding the World

I realize that my understanding of the world around me is exactly that; my understanding. It scarcely requires a paradigm shift to accept that the complexities involved in many areas exceed my capacity to dissect them; geopolitics, for example. Try explaining the nuances of diplomacy and the global balance of power to the average drone.

“It’s all Bush’s fault!” (Not that I’m a big fan of his, mind you.) This is the refrain time and again.

I understand a little of it all, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. 3rd Generation Guns

A 3rd generation gun is a precious thing. A gun that your parent passed on to you from a grandparent is something money cannot buy.

I wouldn't sell my grandfathers Winchester model 1912 (mfg. 1917) for $100K, and it doesn't even work. I have a Winchester Model 1907 that my father shot deer with in the 1950's He died this last November, just before deer season. That rifle is 100 years old this year and I am going to shoot a buck with it if I have to stay afield for 16 days
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Regret can change your life

When I was a trainee I had an elderly man as a patient. He was alone and lonely. He knew he was nearing the end of his life. He was a writer and a poet. One day he asked me if I would sit with him a little while and maybe read some of his work and talk.

I said no. I was too busy. I was young and had a girlfriend to think about and a lot of things to do. I never saw him again. He died a few days later. Alone. What makes me sick to this very day is the fact that I KNEW I should
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast