Blog Comments

Yes, this is not anymore the USA of sending men to the Moon. But I think the whole world is in a apathetic and confused mood. The cold war, while not being a "war" in the strict meaning of the word (and probably had less wars in it than the post-cold-war times) had some inspiration and motivation merits.
    How many guns do you own?
    While I agree that we all have limitations, and should accept them, that does not mean we shouldn't try to learn. We ought not to set boundaries for ourselves in terms for what we learn until we have tried to learn a certain thing and failed.

I agree with your points, otherwise. Too many of us who don't know much on a topic disagree with others who do, and end up looking like fools and giving them a headache. If you don't know what you're talking about, it's best to stay out.

Great blog. :thumb001:
    Tears of the soul – they can melt your life away – but the curse is for the best of humans.

Thank you for sharing this.
    That's true without a doubt
    I am very interested in logistics.
    The miracle of getting food to the supermarkets and feeding the people. Also growing food is an amazing feat.
    Any disturbance to the current scheme of supplies will cause unspeakable hardship not only in the western world, but most acutely in the third world. We are about to witness some very terrible things.
    Since there are no comments, I would like to offer:
    - my best wishes to you for success in your new job.
    - a heartfelt thank you to all those guys helping protect the marvelous civilized world in which we still live.
    A sense of 1937 helplesness perhaps.
    We know vaguely what is going to happen - there are too many random variables - but the direction is clearly predictable.
    Certain things have to happen. What else these things further initiate is the crux of the question.
    Wishing us all well.
    [QUOTE]It might happen because most of humanity is, frankly, "surplus to the needs of the planet". Thin the gene pool back to a billion or two and you haven't really lost anything.[/QUOTE]

I think it doesn't get any truer than this though for anybody who is a realist. In the grand scheme of things we don't really matter much individually, perhaps not even collectively in the end either. It's not until one allows oneself to peer into that great big Void of Being that one becomes a bit more humble in terms of appreciating the gift that we all enjoy at this moment: life on this planet.