Lenny

1. A Theory of the 20th Century

A THEORY OF THE TWENTIETH CENTURY
    We of European descent are in a very strange place today, sociopolitically. Sometimes our heads spin when we try to make sense of it. Herein it will be explained how we got to where we are by looking at the history of the past century with the benefit of hindsight and unconstrained by P.C.

The 20th Century will be remembered as a massive three-way Kulturkampf within the European and European-derived world for ideological supremacy and ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. America vs. "The Rest of the World"

At the risk of sounding unpatriotic, I think that America is far inferior to the rest of what we used to call the First World. Even many upstart countries in Asia are creeping past the USA in many/most ways that matter; "quality of life". Take mass-transit; America has almost none of it. New York City is the only local heavy rail system worth a damn in the country. Inter-regional rail basically doesn't exist anymore. A tourist without a car in America is not a tourist, but a stranded ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. My experience at the Obama Inauguration

I was at the Obama Inauguration. I wrote the below as series of postings elsewhere, to pour out my firsthand observations so that I wouldn't forget them. (If anyone reads this, I apologize in advance for it being perhaps meandering and long; again it was simply the pouring out of raw observations).

I was at the inauguration today [20th January 2009], standing several hundred yards behind the second "Jumbotron" monitor from the Capitol. Since the poorly-run local heavy-rail
    Tags: obama Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized