Recent Blogs Posts

1. introducing myself

my name is georgeandsalem. i am british and live in n.ireland. i have an interest in history and geography and psychology and genetics. i am not a racist. i am intrigued by the way genetics is opening up a new window on history and is helping to dispel national myths. my bloodline is ancient british/irish but ny surname appears to be of roman orgin and is very rare in ireland and britain. i am reasonally well read but down to earth and easy going.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. introducing myself

my name is georgeandsalem. i am british and live in n.ireland. i have an interest in history and geography and psychology and genetics. i am not a racist. i am intrigued by the way genetics is opening up a new window on history and is helping to dispel national myths. my bloodline is ancient british/irish but ny surname appears to be of roman orgin and is very rare in ireland and britain. i am reasonally well read but down to earth and easy going.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. La Tene Celts

IRELAND: There is nothing in the historical or archaeological record that would suggest that Ireland experienced any influx of people during the La Tene expansion. The few La Tene artifacts all appear to be locally made and there is nothing else in the record that would point to anything other than an indigenous population who adopted some of the La Tene cultural “package”, adapting it to fit within their own cultural framework (e.g., Raftery, 1991).

In the McEvoy et al. (2004) genetic ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. The Philosopher (Part II)

by , 11-02-2009 at 12:42 PM (Diary of a Madman: Aphorisms, Maxims and Allegories)

#
    This made no sense. – None at all. The bizarre admixture of approval and indignation that was persisting, subsisting, and increasing within me added to the overall nonsensical gauntlet through which I was being put. Just as soon as I would enter a zone of comfort, this region was tactically obliterated; I was left cold and naked in the Super Unknown. Where once there seemed to be knowledge, he would flick it away as if it were a languid fly. This is an awesome authority, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. The Philosopher (Part I)

by , 11-02-2009 at 12:40 PM (Diary of a Madman: Aphorisms, Maxims and Allegories)
    What follows is a short story I wrote inspired by the blogging I have done in this forum. Toying around, I sent it to several publishers; and have received notice this morning that Random House would like it turned into a full-length novel with possible screen play adaptation. I do hope you enjoy it.

It is copywritten, so don't get stupid.

That which we now call the world is the outcome of a host of errors and fantasies which have gradually arisen ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  6. My Occitan Heritage

http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-...expecot&id=I45 My French ancestry goes back to my great-grandmother, Marie Elodie Pecot ( 1887-1967). Her parents both had ancestry that hailed from Occitania. Elodie's parents were Alexandre Pecot (1851-1942) and Amelie Armelin (1853-1942). Amelie's grandfather, Jean Armelin(?-1834) was born in Puimoisson, Alpes de Haute Provence, France.He married Marie Rose Angelique Desiree Pecot in 1799 and their son, Charles Armelin( 1813-1889), ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized