All Blog Entries

1. After Glow

by , 02-13-2009 at 01:10 PM (Diary of a Madman: Aphorisms, Maxims and Allegories)
    The Heavens descend in the form of tragedy...

And I ask too much of the wounded.

Bell shaped curves, rocketing back and forth, circumnavigating droplettes of sweat -

Straight on, to the more angelic features of a dream.

We lay breathless, wordless, in a four-walled world of promises,

The chasm, a head held high, a strategic absence of held-hands and ribboned boxes,

opened further by our nonchalance...

Updated 02-13-2009 at 03:23 PM by SuuT

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Keltic Nordid+Bruenn Reflections

So, the Bruenn are the Upper Paleolithic inhabitants of Britain that probably appeared in the British Isles from the Iberian peninsula millenia ago.Their phenotype form a large part of the present day British and Irish populace, but this type is at times mixed with other subraces, such as the Keltic Nordids, Anglo-Saxons,Hallstatts Borreby,Tronder and Atlanto-Mediterranids that also settled the British Isles.
    The Keltic Nordid phenotype arrived from Gaul and Iberia a few centuries later.Naturally, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Privy to a Conversation...

by , 02-09-2009 at 11:52 AM (Diary of a Madman: Aphorisms, Maxims and Allegories)
    ...“And what is ‘Real’?” he asked, methodically, cryptically.
    “Well, how things are. – The sky, the moon, the stars, this tavern…death.”
    “Is there a thing that you would call the opposite of death?”
    “Of course, life.”
    “And what is it, to be alive?”
    “Drawing breath, a heart beat…I suppose.”
    “Is it so simple as that?” he said, reclined.
    “No…no, it isn’t. I’m at a loss as to what else to say, though.”
    “Would you say that life, to be alive, must ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. America vs. "The Rest of the World"

At the risk of sounding unpatriotic, I think that America is far inferior to the rest of what we used to call the First World. Even many upstart countries in Asia are creeping past the USA in many/most ways that matter; "quality of life". Take mass-transit; America has almost none of it. New York City is the only local heavy rail system worth a damn in the country. Inter-regional rail basically doesn't exist anymore. A tourist without a car in America is not a tourist, but a stranded ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Camping saga 2

Well everything has turned up now, so we're all set to go, the trangia arrived this morning from ebay and for once it was certainly a good deal! he charged me £2 for postage but just the stamps came to £4.30, admittedly it is a old trangia and the pans are steel rather than aluminium (maybe their not the original ones?) but that only adds an extra 300g to the overall weight bringing it up to a round kg.

On the down side it's impossible to get anywhere near the hills due to the snow, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  6. Picking One's Battles

by , 02-06-2009 at 05:49 PM (Diary of a Madman: Aphorisms, Maxims and Allegories)
    If religion is the opiate of the masses, then Metaphysics is the opiate of the philosopher: one should not argue too strongly against either.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  7. Feeling My Way Around Forums

I've been spending the last couple of days around the Skadi Forum, while lurking around The Apricity.I really don't see much difference between the two, except that Skadi seems geared toward a younger audience, therefore I see more confrontations.Natural, I suppose, but I give this forum two thumbs up for the more balanced views.I reckon that there must be a great deal of cross pollination between Skadi and the Apricity.Psychonaut, thanks for your welcome, I'd really like to discuss French matters ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  8. The Camping saga begins

So Having decided with a friend that, we want to get fitter, spend more time outdoors and have very little money, we've decided to take advantage of some of the beautiful scenery around here and go camping. Having been sat at the table in a friends house (I'm there at the moment too) We've also dragged my best friend into this expedition as well, (and so her Boyfriend will be coming he doesn't get a choice!) So she's bought a tent waterproof trousers trangia etc, and had her 4 seasons bag sent ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  9. Drifting Around and Loving It!

Ever since I received my second cousin Allen's DNA email and my classification here, I've been studying Celtic forms of reconstructionism and I've learned quite a lot.Although my troth is pledged to the Aesir, it is very interesting to learn about different aspects of Celtic life in ancient times.It's not too unlike ancient Norse culture, but unlike enough to be intriguing.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  10. Happy Post :-)

Life has been good to me today.
    Categories
    Uncategorized