Skandi

1. Camping Saga 4

Well my friend and I did go camping the pictures are here We didn't do to badly, with 10 miles on the first day and 15 on the second, the plan was to spend three days and do around 35 miles, but it didn't quite happen. On the first day we were busy following a "path" it was on the ordinance survey map but lead us nicely to a fast river and a deer fence. After climbing down a small cliff to get round the fence, passing the bags down in turns, we found that the path didn't exist in the ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Camping saga 3

I've only just got on-line again and I'll be off in two days!

Finally the snow has melted (ish) and my friend and I are about to go hiking, there's only two of us going and we can only go for three days as she is working after that, and her boyfriend is jealous enough as it is! (No she's not like that) We're planning on heading up past Tomintoul and then doing a loop up the River Avon across the hills and back down another river.

So I hope to have some photos ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Camping saga 2

Well everything has turned up now, so we're all set to go, the trangia arrived this morning from ebay and for once it was certainly a good deal! he charged me £2 for postage but just the stamps came to £4.30, admittedly it is a old trangia and the pans are steel rather than aluminium (maybe their not the original ones?) but that only adds an extra 300g to the overall weight bringing it up to a round kg.

On the down side it's impossible to get anywhere near the hills due to the snow, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. The Camping saga begins

So Having decided with a friend that, we want to get fitter, spend more time outdoors and have very little money, we've decided to take advantage of some of the beautiful scenery around here and go camping. Having been sat at the table in a friends house (I'm there at the moment too) We've also dragged my best friend into this expedition as well, (and so her Boyfriend will be coming he doesn't get a choice!) So she's bought a tent waterproof trousers trangia etc, and had her 4 seasons bag sent ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Thanking the Gods

Slightly more frivolous than the title suggests. an hour and a half before my exam and I decide I want to check something that is on a pdf. Ok no problem I say, I look on the computer, not there. Ok it's on the pen drive, which is in my trouser pocket, which has just been washed and tumble dried. Argh, Absolute miracle it still works and all files are accessible, this is the third time it's been through the washing machine! It's also 6 years old and it is truly the work of I divine power that ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized