2DREZQ

Understanding the World

Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.
I realize that my understanding of the world around me is exactly that; my understanding. It scarcely requires a paradigm shift to accept that the complexities involved in many areas exceed my capacity to dissect them; geopolitics, for example. Try explaining the nuances of diplomacy and the global balance of power to the average drone.

“It’s all Bush’s fault!” (Not that I’m a big fan of his, mind you.) This is the refrain time and again.

I understand a little of it all, which is an order of magnitude above the drone’s capability, but still, since I can’t slice it all up into morsels he can swallow, (I’d have to force feed him anyway.) he thinks he must be right.
There are things unknown to me, which I could understand if I applied myself to learning them. There are, however, grand concepts and hidden minutiae that are forever beyond me. At least I understand that there are things I cannot understand. Is it to much, then, to ask the same of everyone else?

Just because the explanation doesn’t make sense to you does not mean that it is not right! Your intellect is not the measure of the universe, the world, or even your neighborhood.

Clint Eastwood was right: “A man’s got to know his limitations.”

Submit "Understanding the World" to Digg Submit "Understanding the World" to del.icio.us Submit "Understanding the World" to StumbleUpon Submit "Understanding the World" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

While I agree that we all have limitations, and should accept them, that does not mean we shouldn't try to learn. We ought not to set boundaries for ourselves in terms for what we learn until we have tried to learn a certain thing and failed.

I agree with your points, otherwise. Too many of us who don't know much on a topic disagree with others who do, and end up looking like fools and giving them a headache. If you don't know what you're talking about, it's best to stay out.

Great blog. :thumb001: