Siegfried

The Lie Of Secularization As A Product Of Modern, "Enlightened" Youth

Rating: 3 votes, 2.33 average.
I have met quite a few people who claim that youth today are more enlightened and questioning than their forefathers. They claim that they are brilliant as they have come to question the nature of their ancestral Christian faith and put on the weapons and armour of Atheism. I would like to disagree.

Before I go on, I want to say that this is not a blog on the nature and doctrine of Christianity or Atheism, or which is actually correct. I will focus mainly on the secularization of youth.

To begin, most of us here accept that modern youth is lazy and less willing to learn. In fact, many of us are greatly disturbed by the degradation of youth into such a stage.

At the same time, some of the same people claim that modern youth is less superstitious (which is only partially true) and more bright as they have come to accept Christianity as a myth. The question that must be asked here is if that is really the factor behind this secular age? Can a society be both apathetic and brilliant at the same time? I think not.

The first factor to consider is modern indolence, in my opinion. First of all, a visit to the your local Church once a week seems like to much of a bother to many, which is one factor against Christianity today, though hardly the main. I have noticed a general trend between an increase in secularization and a decreased Church attendance, since a commitment is needed to attend weekly.

The strict rules, or formerly strict rules (unfortunately), on sexual activity seem irrelevant or almost idiotic to a lot of our population, especially in our sex-crazy society. To ask one to be chaste until marriage seems like Christianity, or the Christian God, is asking too much for some of us. Surely a real holy god would care more about our actions and faith than what goes on in the bedroom? To put it shortly, no, a real personal god would have strict criteria as to how his creation should be, just like a sovereign would like his people to obey certain laws. However, this brings me to my next point.

A real Christian is commanded to live to a strict moral code and to go out of his way to help others. Unfortunately, in our self-centred age where the individual is the most holy thing in the universe, we cannot bother to help others if there isn't an advantage to us. "What do you mean I should at least give that poor man on the street some money and earn nothing in return?" many will say. "I could never donate some of my things or take some time to understand another's problems. I don't need to give anything to somebody I don't know. I need it for myself (though I hardly ever use it or I don't really need it:rolleyes:) and others should start making my life better." Real Christianity is 100% against such an attitude. Just being a kind person doesn't cut it, and this is a terrible thing for many of us today as we don't expect to have to commit ourself to anything more that could probably take some our precious time.

My next point deals with faith and the questioning of the validity of Christianity. Have many of us come to see it as nonsense because our society is filled with wise men and geniuses who have studied the topic in detail? Of course not!

The modern man isn't any more bright than the one of the Middle Ages who didn't question anything the Church said, the only difference that the origin of what we believe to be true is the media nowadays. How many of our glorious youth have read anything written in the Bible or by Christian theologians to say for certain that the "Truth" of Christianity certainly cannot be? In fact, how many of them know what they are preaching? From my personal observations of these most hallowed individuals, the answer is very few. We have to face it: our fellow comrades believe just about anything that comes under the name of "science", not questioning anything they're told, knowing very little of what they believe in; and here, I don't mean to question scientific discovery, but anti-Christian propaganda that is hidden under a protective armour by being called "science".

In conclusion, I have nothing against an honest Atheist who knows what he believes in, but too often many of the non-religious have nothing but personal interest, an idle life where they don't have to do anything--where everything is already give to them--and procrastination in mind. It is for the best for society that we accept this so that the human race does not decade physically, metaphysically and intellectually under the false illusion that we are progressing.

Submit "The Lie Of Secularization As A Product Of Modern, "Enlightened" Youth" to Digg Submit "The Lie Of Secularization As A Product Of Modern, "Enlightened" Youth" to del.icio.us Submit "The Lie Of Secularization As A Product Of Modern, "Enlightened" Youth" to StumbleUpon Submit "The Lie Of Secularization As A Product Of Modern, "Enlightened" Youth" to Google

Updated 07-13-2012 at 10:55 AM by Siegfried (Just Editing)

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments