HARRODS boss Mohamed al-Fayed has urged Scots to ditch Alex Salmond and the Royal Family and make him president of an independent Scotland.

The Egyptian-born tycoon, who owns Balnagown Castle in Ross-shire, called on his "fellow Scots" to detach their nation from "the English and their terrible politicians".

The 80-year-old said he would be honoured to be elder statesman of a Scottish republic.
And he even pledged to banish the Royals and turn Balmoral Castle into a public museum.

He said: "You Scots have been living in a coma for too long. It is time for you to waken up and detach yourself from the English and their terrible politicians.

"Whatever help is needed for Scotland to regain its independence, I will provide it. When you Scots regain your freedom I'm ready to be your president.
"I have lived in England for 40 years but now the home that I want is in Scotland."

The businessman added that he hoped to be offered a Scottish passport if a referendum on independence goes ahead.
And Mr Fayed said: "If you Scots retain the Royal Family you will have no hope – you will be like Bangladesh. But once you get rid of the royals I will buy Balmoral Castle and run it for the public as a museum."

However, despite his longing for Scottish independence, Mr Fayed is angry that the SNP have turned down his offer of financial assistance, saying: "I will do anything for Scotland, but I don't want this Alex Salmond.

"I asked to meet him but he refused. I wanted to give him some help and advice, but he didn't want to know."
Source

The guy is clearly insane. It's bad enough that he owns Harrods and is allowed to exist in this country, but to actually think the Scottish people want this megalomaniac as their president..!!?!?!

"I have lived in England for 40 years but now the home that I want is in Scotland."

Good. Bye.