atheist
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,518
    Given: 9,854

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by The Destroyer View Post
    You seem to vastly underestimate the speed of Ottoman islamization. In 1500 AD, over 60% of Bosnia's population was Muslim. Most people agree Serbia, Bulgaria and Greece were at least 15-20% Muslim at the time already. Albania likely even more.
    He didn't. Islamization occurred AFTER 1500AD (the conquest of Constaninople).

Islam was first brought to the Balkans by the Ottomans in the mid-to-late 15th century who gained control of most of Bosnia in 1463, and seized Herzegovina in the 1480s. Over the next century, the Bosnians - composed of dualists and Slavic tribes living in the Bosnian kingdom under the name of Bošnjani [5] - embraced Islam in great numbers under Ottoman rule which also saw the name Bošnjanin transform into Bošnjak ('Bosniak'). By the early 1600s, approximately two thirds of the population of Bosnia were Muslim.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_...nd_Herzegovina

Last Online
    10-10-2017 @ 07:13 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    нʌнϸ
    Ethnicity
    босɴнɖк
    Country
    Bosnia
    Region
    Bosnia
    Politics
    Bošnjaštvo
    Religion
    нсʌɖʍ
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 704
    Given: 854

1 Not allowed!

Possibly, but on his 1500 AD map, it looks like there is no single Muslim in Bosnia, Albania, Kosovo, Serbia and Montenegro, which is hilarious

Also, would still like to hear about Bosnian Church in those 1000 and 1250 maps.

Last Online
    09-24-2015 @ 07:59 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Humanist
    Ethnicity
    50% Albanian 50% Turkish
    Country
    Kosovo
    Religion
    Muslim
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 133
    Given: 30

0 Not allowed!

Islam is come to Kosovo and Serbia in 1389, then to Bosnia at least to albania

On other hand, what is interesting in 1250, north east of Bosnia and crotia, there is an alewi muslim tribe who are they
    This is so interesting Job to Show such a kind of detail map

Last Online
    10-10-2017 @ 07:13 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    нʌнϸ
    Ethnicity
    босɴнɖк
    Country
    Bosnia
    Region
    Bosnia
    Politics
    Bošnjaštvo
    Religion
    нсʌɖʍ
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 704
    Given: 854

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Alially View Post
    Islam is come to Kosovo and Serbia in 1389, then to Bosnia at least to albania

On other hand, what is interesting in 1250, north east of Bosnia and crotia, there is an alewi muslim tribe who are they
    This is so interesting Job to Show such a kind of detail map
    Yes, I didn't know this myself until a few months ago, when my professor told me that they were the first Muslims in West Balkan. They had their own small town in Bosnia, which is still there today as a municipality (although the people there are meanwhile assimilated into Bosniaks, and most do not even know their origin). Kalesija.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kalesija

The English wiki doesn't talk about them, but I will translate some passages from the Bosnian one:
    "At the time of the great migrations, the Balkan was invaded by several groups, including: Avars, Pecheneg-Bisens, Cuman-Polovians, Bulgars, and a Muslim-Khazar tribe named Kalisije (Kalisians-thus the name Kalesija).
    That the Kalisians in Hungary were not a lost group serving Hungarians is proven by a Hungarian royal proclamation in 1222, which instructs that all Jews and Muslims are thereby fired from state service. Almost immediately the Kalisians start their movement into Bosnia, which was heretical at the time (Bosnian Chruch) and thus tolerated all other faiths as well."

It's actually not far from my town, since it is rather small, lots of Kalesijans come here to study college, so I know quite a lot of them, they tend to be exceptionally short for Bosniak norms (the women are mostly below 160cm), which is typical for their Khazar-Turkic brethren. They are often surprisingly light-skinned though (not so typical, I expected them to be darker).

Last Online
    09-24-2015 @ 07:59 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Humanist
    Ethnicity
    50% Albanian 50% Turkish
    Country
    Kosovo
    Religion
    Muslim
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 133
    Given: 30

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by The Destroyer View Post
    Yes, I didn't know this myself until a few months ago, when my professor told me that they were the first Muslims in West Balkan. They had their own small town in Bosnia, which is still there today as a municipality (although the people there are meanwhile assimilated into Bosniaks, and most do not even know their origin). Kalesija.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kalesija

The English wiki doesn't talk about them, but I will translate some passages from the Bosnian one:
    "At the time of the great migrations, the Balkan was invaded by several groups, including: Avars, Pecheneg-Bisens, Cuman-Polovians, Bulgara, and a Muslim-Khazar tribe named Kalisije (Kalisians-thus the name Kalesija).
    That the Kalisians in Hungary were not a lost group serving Hungarians is proven by a Hungarian royal proclamation in 1222, which instructs that all Jews and Muslims are thereby fired from state service. Almost immediately the Kalisians start their movement into Bosnia, which was heretical at the time (Bosnian Chruch) and thus tolerated all other faiths as well."

It's actually not far from my town, since it is rather small, lots of Kalesijans come here to study college, so I know quite a lot of them, they tend to be exceptionally short for Bosniak norms (the women are mostly below 160cm), which is typical for their Khazar-Turkic brethren. They are often surprisingly light-skinned though (not so typical, I expected them to be darker).
    Wow, eastern history so interesting. Each day, i am learning something

Last Online
    03-26-2024 @ 04:08 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    East Roman
    Ethnicity
    Thracian
    Country
    France
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Hi blogen, do you still have these maps? Care to share the source of your information? Can one cite your maps by giving proper reference? Thanks!

Last Online
    09-19-2021 @ 05:52 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Eurasian
    Ethnicity
    Hungarian
    Country
    Hungary
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,596
    Given: 409

0 Not allowed!

I never finished the sourcelist. Too many. However, this was an unfinished project (Historical Atlas of Eurasia, Spengler's narrative in the world history), a sketch to a proper Eurasian level reconstruction of the sociocultural past.

Last Online
    03-26-2024 @ 04:08 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    East Roman
    Ethnicity
    Thracian
    Country
    France
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Thank you for answering. That is unfortunate. Because your maps make important statements and there are few other comparable works on the subject. I just wanted to understand how you can reach such level of detail on eras so ancient.

Last Online
    09-19-2021 @ 05:52 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Eurasian
    Ethnicity
    Hungarian
    Country
    Hungary
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,596
    Given: 409

1 Not allowed!

The ancient maps are not so detailed, because the archeology was the main source from that age. The lingual sources (toponyms for example) dominated the medievals while the significance of the statistics was a young phenomenon only. I edit a sourcelist, if you have specific question about a region or ethnicity!

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    01-06-2022 @ 08:19 AM
    Ethnicity
    Orange
    Country
    European Union
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,409