Trondelag
    Religion
    Blond Jesus
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19,981
    Given: 24,682

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Celxon View Post
    What if you're a Protestant Gael? Blew your mind, didn't I?
    The ulster scots were gaels but they came from scotland. It's possible they came to sctoland from ireland in the first place, though.

It is hard to sort it all out but generally speaking, I don't think Ireland is all that Irish any more. Everyone remotely involved with the uprising was hung, at least 100K sold to slavery, most the rest deported to connacht and only slowly spread to the rest of the island again. Plus any who were indigent after that (and there were many) were later deported. They were sold for 5 pounds sterling so their owners could give two shits how many of them died off - this was much cheaper than african slaves.
    Out Of Africa Theory is a lie.
    http://www.theapricity.com/forum/sho...88#post3431588
    And a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone, and cast it into the sea, saying, Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all.

Banned
    Last Online
    02-11-2014 @ 01:20 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Western European
    Ethnicity
    American
    Ancestry
    British, Irish, German, Varied
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Ohio
    Y-DNA
    R1b (R-M269)
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Mediterranean
    Politics
    Independent
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 758
    Given: 1,083

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Drunk-n-Stupid View Post
    without a doubt, there were far more Germans who settled Appalachia than Scandinavians......you must be thinking about those few finns and swedes that settled in Pennsylvania? They have nothing to do with Southern Appalachia.

Germans in (Southern) Appalachia were in the minority. A typical native of (Southern) Appalachia has mixed English/Scotch-Irish ancestry and then a smaller degree of German added in. That is why most people there dont look German. but at the same time, a typical native of that region does, in fact, have a certain amount of German ancestry.

It's almost unheard of for someone from Appalachia to not have any German ancestry at all, and it's also almost unheard of for anyone from Appalachia to have more German ancestry than they do English or Scotch-Irish ancestry.
    That's a great explanation. It also depends on the person and the region. My roots are, admittedly, atypical in that I have more "Celtic", etc. blood than the claimed norm. I, in no way, claim to be representative of most individuals. That said, I wonder if there may be more Irish and Highland Scottish roots in some parts of Appalachia than in others. I wish that I had saved two great web sites about the subject, even though one of the authors had a chip on his shoulder. He brought up some folks in my family tree to illustrate his main point, which was quite surprising. I referred to this same clan in this thread.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Western European
    Ethnicity
    American
    Ancestry
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Ohio
    Y-DNA
    R1b (R-M269)
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Mediterranean
    Politics
    Independent
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
    The ulster scots were gaels but they came from scotland. It's possible they came to sctoland from ireland in the first place, though.
    Some of them were. It's true that western Scotland was more Gaelic than eastern Scotland, and, like you said, much of the Gaelic input came from the establishment of Dalriada (perhaps pre-invasion contacts too).

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Western European
    Ethnicity
    American
    Ancestry
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Ohio
    Y-DNA
    R1b (R-M269)
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Mediterranean
    Politics
    Independent
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by NormanDePoer View Post
    irish as in irish catholic then you claim Gaelic heritage. If so and if true you would have a Gaelic surname. Otherwise you are descended from Protestant Irish which are artificial Irish people. Not true Irish blood.
    Here's another one for you. Jack Dempsey was a Mormon. His family had deep roots in West Virginia. Would you tell him that he was artificial and plastic? Oh, wait a minute. How could a "real" Irish guy be Appalachian *and* Mormon? He must have been from the lowland Scottish Dempsey line, who were just Angles, since their grandkids ended up in the American frontier. His O'Dempsey ancestry automatically changed to Scots-Irish when his great-great-grandfather converted to Protestantism.

Слава Путину! Я люблю Россию. Z
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    03-03-2024 @ 06:18 PM
    From Dorset, but live in the City of Westminster (Central London)
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    English, 1/8 Welsh, 1/16 Western Irish.
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Russophile. Brexiteer. Avoidance of WW3 and Nuclear War. Anti NATO. Anti WEF. Against Russophobia.
    Hero
    President Putin (creator of a rising multipolar world.) Viktor Orbán, George Galloway
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,549
    Given: 27,895

0 Not allowed!
    ❀♫ ღ ♬ ♪ And the angle of the sun changed it all. ❀¸.•*¨♥✿ 🎶

Last Online
    02-11-2018 @ 01:08 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Irish
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Country
    Ireland
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 1

0 Not allowed!

I think being slaves is a weak and shameful state and nothing to be dwelled upon or to be proud about. The left which glorifies weakness and shames the strong has gotten you thinking in this victimhood currency but it's not going to work.
    They don't care if Irish people where slaves, they are still going to promote white guilt and attempt to wipe our people of the earth, Irish included. It's merely a means to an end, they're not guided by principles or a genuine empathy.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Thread Information