Ethiopid or Sudanid/Arabid
    Politics
    Communalist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,852
    Given: 445

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Kastrioti1443 View Post
    Melonehead, personally I am shocked by this article, and I am a person who is cold blooded.... what shocked me the most are the nr and the ignoration of this very very sad and tragic part of the irish history.
    I first learned this in Middle school you didn't?
    "Sometimes, I feel discriminated against, but it does not make me angry. It merely astonishes me. How can any deny themselves the pleasure of my company? It's beyond me." -Zora Neale Hurston

Last Online
    02-13-2015 @ 05:09 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Black Atlantic
    Ethnicity
    Black American/tri-racial
    Country
    United States
    Region
    New York
    Taxonomy
    Ethiopid or Sudanid/Arabid
    Politics
    Communalist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,852
    Given: 445

1 Not allowed!

http://youtu.be/0QHYFXDGf4Y
    The Black Irish of Monserrat
    "Sometimes, I feel discriminated against, but it does not make me angry. It merely astonishes me. How can any deny themselves the pleasure of my company? It's beyond me." -Zora Neale Hurston

Elder of Zyklon Prisoner Of Ice's Avatar
    Last Online
    05-27-2015 @ 05:53 PM
    Ethnicity
    Neanderthal
    Country
    United States
    Taxonomy
    Trondelag
    Religion
    Blond Jesus
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19,981
    Given: 24,682

3 Not allowed!

Melonehead, personally I am shocked by this article, and I am a person who is cold blooded.... what shocked me the most are the nr and the ignoration of this very very sad and tragic part of the irish history.
    It's still largely supressed by english news and history sources, which extend to america a little bit. Here is why there's been real temptation for me in the past to go back to ireland to fight, back when I was younger. I think that ireland would probably have joined EU anyway, though.

The situation in syria has some parallels to ireland in modern times, too. England funds a bunch of insurgents against irish, who conduct murder against anyone who doesn't have the right politics. But these are not indigenous factions, just hired mercenaries and ex military paid to colonize Ireland. And that is the mildest it's ever been, what continues to a small degree even today. It's really been a long term campaign of genocide and it's amazing that it hasn't been 100% successful. I can only thank my forefathers who were bigger men than I could ever be, that some of my family and people will continue on.

That's why Irish americans are a bit touchy today, and I see some of that in albanias, too. Unfortunately many or even most peoples have had to go through something similar and many are going through it today like christians in syria and egypt.
    Out Of Africa Theory is a lie.
    http://www.theapricity.com/forum/sho...88#post3431588
    And a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone, and cast it into the sea, saying, Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all.

Banned
    Last Online
    09-19-2015 @ 07:39 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Lost Aryans
    Ethnicity
    Persian
    Ancestry
    Steppe.
    Country
    European Union
    Region
    Alberta
    Politics
    Honorable Extreme Right Wing
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,168
    Given: 4,910

4 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
    It's still largely supressed by english news and history sources, which extend to america a little bit. Here is why there's been real temptation for me in the past to go back to ireland to fight, back when I was younger. I think that ireland would probably have joined EU anyway, though.

The situation in syria has some parallels to ireland in modern times, too. England funds a bunch of insurgents against irish, who conduct murder against anyone who doesn't have the right politics. But these are not indigenous factions, just hired mercenaries and ex military paid to colonize Ireland. And that is the mildest it's ever been, what continues to a small degree even today. It's really been a long term campaign of genocide and it's amazing that it hasn't been 100% successful. I can only thank my forefathers who were bigger men than I could ever be, that some of my family and people will continue on.

That's why Irish americans are a bit touchy today, and I see some of that in albanias, too. Unfortunately many or even most peoples have had to go through something similar and many are going through it today like christians in syria and egypt.

I always thought what albanians went through the ottoman asiatic invasion was the worst of the worsts, but you went worst, it is amazing how those monsters did not genocide all Ireland.... i mean holocaust is nothing compared to this, nothing....

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Neanderthal
    Country
    United States
    Taxonomy
    Trondelag
    Religion
    Blond Jesus
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

I always thought what albanians went through the ottoman asiatic invasion was the worst of the worsts, but you went worst, it is amazing how those monsters did not genocide all Ireland.... i mean holocaust is nothing compared to this, nothing....
    Being tiny island, with neighbor that's one of most powerful in world, who has no scruples at all. Yes it's a miracle. Like I said though there has been a big 'demographic change' in Ireland over the last thousand years. Especially in north and southeast. But in a way I think there's probably more Irish than if they stayed on ireland, even if they are more mixed up.
    And a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone, and cast it into the sea, saying, Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all.

Sup? Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish
    Ethnicity
    Galician
    Country
    United States
    Region
    West Virginia
    Y-DNA
    Powerful Male
    mtDNA
    Powerful Female
    Politics
    Of the school of Ron Jeremy
    Hero
    Your mom
    Religion
    Rationalist Materialism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24,400
    Given: 12,599

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
    I really am not going to niggle over details with you KM (who has to make every thread about himself or his perceived race somehow), but yes thankfully in USA at least they were released. But only after they fought for their freedom.
    Not to question your ability to tell history as it is but what rebellion, indentured slave uprising, battle, bar brawl are you speaking of when you say "they fought for their freedom" in the colonies considering you said "they were released. But ONLY after they fought for their freedom"?

They didn't actually have much choice. Imagine thousands of Melonheads running around in the woods with machetes and high caliber muskets. Supposedly that's how one of the first of my ancestors got here, btw. Like I said somewhere else, Irish people have always been fighting, but our enemies were people like english, scottish, and romans none of whom had any sense of mercy or fair play in those days.
    That's quite a tale. If I didn't know better I'd think you were confusing the Irish in America for the Maroons of Jamaica. Lolz@Romans.. a Turtledove novel, perhaps?

Here is the part most incredible to me, that gets ignored. This is a lot of reason why, like I said before, most of Ireland is really not all that Irish.
    Like the Duke of Wellington, am I right?

Colley: rare: Dublin etc. English, 16 cent, related to the Wellesleys all of whom were settled in the Midlands. The name is also Ir. Ó Colla in Connacht but MacLysaght quotes a sept of Roscommon called Mac Cúille or Mac Giolla Chúille as another origin. MIF.
    http://www.irishtimes.com/ancestor/s...on=Go.&UserID=
    The Colley or Cowley family had come to Ireland from Rutland about 1500; Sir Henry Colley (died 1584) married Catherine Cusack, whose grandmother was a Wellesley.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard...ron_Mornington
    Rutland /ˈrʌtlənd/ is a landlocked county in central England, bounded on the west and north by Leicestershire, northeast by Lincolnshire and southeast by Northamptonshire.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rutland
    Even english have got some irish mixed in but it's just not the same compared to guys like my maternal grandfather...guys like him just don't exist any more, it's like peering into the past of humanity.
    An Englishman is more likely to have an Irish ancestor than an Irishman having an English ancestor. There was something called "The Industrial Revolution" and people did this weird thing called "immigrate" to big cities and towns to work in factories. The Irish immigrated in huge numbers. The Anglo-Irish population was small and like the Ulster-Scots rarely took native Irish spouses. The Anglo-Irish later fled to England, mostly; they were unfortunately being attacked.

Everybody has gone through some amount of slavery but actually knowing history unlike most people, and seeing how much different I am to the people around me, I feel like some relic of the past myself.
    Before schools had standards for their education system?

And also, I have thought that many times...great words. Pirate/Viking culture is the origin of England and if you scrape a little it's still there. Great post, thanks my friend.
    What I love about Melonhead is he always throws in a "wtf" comment.

I'd say the Irish had it worse in Ireland in certain periods but when it comes to the colonies it's hands down Blacks had it worse. Obviously the Irish were too busy rebelling against their British American masters in the great but forgotten Boston beer brawl of 1692 that won them their freedom and so they didn't suffer nearly as much as Blacks.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Neanderthal
    Country
    United States
    Taxonomy
    Trondelag
    Religion
    Blond Jesus
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Stop the bullying, Colonel Frank.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Neanderthal
    Country
    United States
    Taxonomy
    Trondelag
    Religion
    Blond Jesus
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Also, it's pretty damned funny the guy you admire and use for your avatar, when you dislike me so much.

Novichok
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Boer
    Ancestry
    Dutch, German, French Huguenot, British
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    Essex
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H1b
    Taxonomy
    Norid
    Politics
    Godly
    Hero
    Jesus, the King of Kings
    Religion
    Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44,917
    Given: 44,995

4 Not allowed!

The Irish did not, and never have, experience the kind of discrimination that black people have.

If you look at the white American population today, then you will see that, alongside German, Irish accounts for the greatest ancestry from Europe. This means they have been well integrated into society.
    Help support Apricity by making a donation

Banned
    Last Online
    09-19-2015 @ 07:39 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Lost Aryans
    Ethnicity
    Persian
    Ancestry
    Steppe.
    Country
    European Union
    Region
    Alberta
    Politics
    Honorable Extreme Right Wing
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,168
    Given: 4,910

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    The Irish did not, and never have, experience the kind of discrimination that black people have.

If you look at the white American population today, then you will see that, alongside German, Irish accounts for the greatest ancestry from Europe. This means they have been well integrated into society.
    These does not change the fact of the terrible numbers.... of the irish killed, slaved, raped, taken from their families..... a genocide has happened to irish and it is not a known fact.... but why???

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information