I-M253
    mtDNA
    U5a1b4
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,954
    Given: 11,022

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Radomir View Post
    Cross-realm dungeon finder destroyed WoW. I played during WOTLK, now remember with nostalgia how it was hard to level my belf rogue to 35 lvl. You start identifying with your char once you spend months and months leveling him. Last month I started again, at first sight game looked very well, but when I realized I got to 34 lvl just in 2 days I felt sad. In addition to all that they're ready to launch new expansion Warlords of Draenor this year which will introduce instant 90 lvl feature. Still we have a molten-wow private servers. There's one 1x WOTLK realm with high quality technical support.
    Yeah i think cross-realm stuff was one of the nails in the coffin (for me at least, can't deny it makes it more convenient, and for people who always prefer convenience they will like it more)

WOTLK was probably the last one that i really enjoyed for the most part, i started going out of the game a bit towards the end of it but catacylsm killed it for me. I played since vanilla but spent most of my time that was before BC levelling and messing about so i didn't see much of the endgame before i was doing level 70 content. Certainly it would be incorrect to say vanilla was perfect, there were many annoying things. Like sometimes (especially between levels 30-40) there were hardly any quests, only a couple of solo ones and a couple more group ones, so a lot of time was basically spent grinding mobs (maybe for a few levels sometimes). I think they pretty much sorted it out by BC, it still took a while to level and was challenging sometimes, but you could level up a couple of chars without too much trouble. Also there seems to have been in an arms race in stats since late WOTLK and cata, 100k crits don't feel nearly as awesome as 3k crits that feel epic.

I would play a private server but i don't think the player base is numerically that great a lot of the time, and i'm pretty attached to my chars (mostly my main char), been playing a warrior for almost 8 years now on and off (sometimes properly, sometimes casually, sometimes not at all) and done my fair share of things, saw a lot of raiding content (mainly in BC and early WOTLK), did a fair bit of pvp (got all my bg reps at maximum and about 61000 kills on the clock, not much for 8 years, but in terms of actual regular played time it's probably half that, and a lot of that was spent doing raiding, other pve and arena).

To me it's just too easy, and they took away the prestige for a lot of things too. Every game needs some damn hard challenges that only a few people manage. It used to be fun doing dungeons for example, like nowadays (or when i last played) it was literally the tank just runs in and pulls massive groups and we kill them all easily, in vanilla and BC you had to CC and kill them in order or you'd wipe or come close to it. Granted they've improved boss mechanics, but overall the game is a lot easier.

Also, i don't know what they've done with item models and things, but it's like they've let a kid on crack loose in that department. Things used to look cartoonish, decent and 'clean', now they're just extremely weird.

Last Online
    02-23-2014 @ 07:38 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Cail
    Ethnicity
    Cail
    Country
    Poland
    Taxonomy
    Cail
    Politics
    Cail
    Religion
    some muscled-up ginger
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 678
    Given: 163

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson View Post
    Yeah i think cross-realm stuff was one of the nails in the coffin (for me at least, can't deny it makes it more convenient, and for people who always prefer convenience they will like it more)

WOTLK was probably the last one that i really enjoyed for the most part, i started going out of the game a bit towards the end of it but catacylsm killed it for me. I played since vanilla but spent most of my time that was before BC levelling and messing about so i didn't see much of the endgame before i was doing level 70 content. Certainly it would be incorrect to say vanilla was perfect, there were many annoying things. Like sometimes (especially between levels 30-40) there were hardly any quests, only a couple of solo ones and a couple more group ones, so a lot of time was basically spent grinding mobs (maybe for a few levels sometimes). I think they pretty much sorted it out by BC, it still took a while to level and was challenging sometimes, but you could level up a couple of chars without too much trouble. Also there seems to have been in an arms race in stats since late WOTLK and cata, 100k crits don't feel nearly as awesome as 3k crits that feel epic.

I would play a private server but i don't think the player base is numerically that great a lot of the time, and i'm pretty attached to my chars (mostly my main char), been playing a warrior for almost 8 years now on and off (sometimes properly, sometimes casually, sometimes not at all) and done my fair share of things, saw a lot of raiding content (mainly in BC and early WOTLK), did a fair bit of pvp (got all my bg reps at maximum and about 61000 kills on the clock, not much for 8 years, but in terms of actual regular played time it's probably half that, and a lot of that was spent doing raiding, other pve and arena).

To me it's just too easy, and they took away the prestige for a lot of things too. Every game needs some damn hard challenges that only a few people manage. It used to be fun doing dungeons for example, like nowadays (or when i last played) it was literally the tank just runs in and pulls massive groups and we kill them all easily, in vanilla and BC you had to CC and kill them in order or you'd wipe or come close to it. Granted they've improved boss mechanics, but overall the game is a lot easier.

Also, i don't know what they've done with item models and things, but it's like they've let a kid on crack loose in that department. Things used to look cartoonish, decent and 'clean', now they're just extremely weird.
    Don't know about vanilla, I play since WOTLK. Have nothing against grinding, it's great way to get rid of everyday life's stress. That's why I like Asian MMORPGs. Molten-wow servers contain so much players that everyday at 7-8 PM they have queues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cail View Post
    Being a fat nerd is no excuse, since both things can be cured. It's just that you don't have sufficient willpower to do that.

Two things make a man - brain and balls. Everything else is secondary and/or can be achieved if you have those. Looks like you could use some serious upgrade in both these areas. I highly recommend Socrates/Plato and powerlifting.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information