Y-DNA
    R1b-DF27
    mtDNA
    J1c1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13,742
    Given: 3,217

4 Not allowed!

My maternal and paternal side are from the same region: the sparsely populated plains of southern Portugal.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    11-06-2016 @ 10:36 PM
    Ethnicity
    Brazilian
    Country
    Brazil
    Region
    Minas Gerais
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,467
    Given: 3,569

2 Not allowed!

These are very typical images of where my ancestors lived in Brazil (the mountains, the clouds, and the colonial churches)

Last edited by curupira; 06-17-2014 at 02:29 PM.

Last Online
    05-10-2021 @ 08:33 PM
    Ethnicity
    Turkish
    Country
    Turkey
    Politics
    Progressive Collectivist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,172
    Given: 1,259

2 Not allowed!

Some pictures from my Hometown Çavdarhisar. It's a town and district of Kütahya Province in the Aegean region of Turkey. And was in the past an ancient city of Phrygia.

»Tengri biz menen«

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Brazilian
    Country
    Brazil
    Region
    Minas Gerais
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

A pic of my paternal grandmother farm's area (it has plenty of mountains). A paternal uncle hunting in the 70's. In the 80's he was not doing it anymore, when environmental concerns arose. He is in the area where - from my gggfather to my paternal grandmother - my ancestors had been living in, on that line (and the farm is somewhere near). My father was born there, and it is about 40 km from the center of the small city it belongs to.

Last Online
    03-08-2017 @ 12:18 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Dinaric
    Country
    Serbia
    Region
    Mississippi
    Politics
    Conservative/Classical Liberal
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,199
    Given: 1,401

3 Not allowed!

My ancestor from male line built this church in 13. century. It's dedicated to Saint who is my family's Patron.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Brazilian
    Country
    Brazil
    Region
    Minas Gerais
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

The farm my father was born in:

Quote Originally Posted by curupira View Post
    The towns of my grandparents (all the three are very small ones).

A pic of my maternal grandfather native town, he was baptized in that chapel:

A pic of my maternal grandmother native town, she was born a few kilometers in the rural area, away from the center of the town, which has basically only two or three streets so small it is! It is not that far from my maternal grandfather hometown, that's how they met and got married:

My paternal grandparents hometown, also in the same state of Brazil but in another region of it, though not too far from my maternal grandparents hometown. My father was born 40 km away from the city center in a rural area. The church of the town is the main building and I used to go there often when I was a child. It is a small town too. My grandparents moved to the city center in the 50's, close to that church.

Last Online
    07-08-2019 @ 09:14 PM
    Ethnicity
    50% N/C Italian, 50% Corfiot
    Ancestry
    87.8 % Southern Euro, 10.4 % NW Euro, 0.7 % East Euro, 0.6 % Ashkenazi, 0.3 % East Asian, 0.1 % MENA
    Country
    Canada
    Region
    Emilia Romagna
    Y-DNA
    R1b - U152
    mtDNA
    X2D
    Hero
    Chuck Yeager
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,547
    Given: 980

0 Not allowed!

Ancestral village of Bratto in the Lunigiana, a communi di Pontremoli

Bratto

Pontremoli

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    09-16-2015 @ 10:39 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Knight
    Ethnicity
    Humanoid
    Ancestry
    Space
    Country
    Australia
    Region
    Mississippi
    Religion
    Space
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 926
    Given: 92

0 Not allowed!

White Sea, Primorsky District, Arkhangelsk Oblast

Last Online
    04-09-2019 @ 02:14 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Sinid
    Ethnicity
    Han Chinese
    Ancestry
    The Celestial Empire
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    mtDNA
    You can mtDNA this!
    Taxonomy
    Nordsinid/Tungid
    Hero
    Yo momma last night
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28,799
    Given: 25,904

1 Not allowed!

The plains of Eastern Africa

Ötzi's great [...] great-grandson askra's Avatar
    Last Online
    11-08-2020 @ 11:42 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    Sardinian
    Ancestry
    25% Logudoro 25% Anglona 25% Sassari 25% Goceano
    Country
    European Union
    Region
    Sardinia
    Taxonomy
    http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?145257-Classify-and-guess-ethnicity-of-this-guy
    Religion
    agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 755
    Given: 293

1 Not allowed!

Anglona

Anglona is a historical region of northern Sardinia, Italy. Its main center is Castelsardo. Anglona is bounded by the sea northwards, from east by the Coghinas river, from south by Monte Sassu and from west by the Silis River and the Monte Pilosu.
    The territory is characterized by a prevalence of hills, with small plateaus of volcanic or limestone origin, lying over a tuff base. The coast shows beaches intermingled with rocky sectors. Economy is mostly based on agriculture, especially after the reclamation of the lower Coghinas valley during the 1920s, which has saved the fertile area from floods. The main crops are artichokes and tomatoes.
    Starting from the 1970s, the coastal communes have developed a flourishing tourism industry.

Goceano

The Goceano (Sardinian: Costèra) is a historical and geographical region of center-north of Sardinia island, Italy. It covers a surface of 480 km² and has a population of 13,000 inhabitants (27 inhab./km²). It is located inside the Province of Sassari, the main urban centres are Bono, Italy, considered the traditional Goceano's chieftown, Benetutti, Burgos, Bultei, Nule, Esporlatu, Illorai and Bottidda.
    The territory is characterised by wooded mountains and alluvial valleys, the Marghine Chain (highest peak: Monte Rasu 1259 metres) and the Tirso Valley.
    According to the Sardinian historian Giovanni Francesco Fara (1543–1591) the Goceano, in Latin Gothianus, takes its name from the Goths, some of whom settled down in the region during the Middle Ages.
    The region is historically characterised by the Castle of Burgos, built in 1134 by the Giudice of Logudoro Gonario II of Torres.[1] The castle was considered in the 14th century "one of the strongest and efficient forts of Sardinia".[2]
    The King Peter IV of Aragon appointed Marianus IV of Arborea as Count of Goceano, in 1339. He held the fief and the castle also after his crowning as giudice of Arborea.
    In 1410, after the defeat of Arborea in the war against the Kingdom of Aragon, the Goceano became a fiefdom ruled by Leonardo Cubello.

[IMG][/IMG]

Sassari

Sassari ( Sassarese: Sassari; Sardinian: Tàtari: Catalan: Sassèr) is an Italian city and the second-largest of Sardinia in terms of population with over 130,000 inhabitants, or about 275,000 including the metropolitan area. One of the oldest cities on the island, it contains a considerable collection of art.
    Since its origins at the turn of the 12th century, Sassari has been ruled by the Giudicato of Torres, the Pisans, the Sassaresi themselves in alliance with Genoa, the Aragonese and the Spanish, all of whom have contributed to Sassari's historical and artistic heritage.
    As Sardinia's second most populated city, and the fifth largest municipality in Italy (546 km²), it has a considerable amount of cultural, touristic, commercial and political importance in the island.[3] The city's economy mainly relies on tourism and services, however also partially on research, construction, pharmaceuticals and the petroleum industry.

Logudoro/Mejlogu

The Logudoro (term originated as corrupt blending of the kingdom's name of Logu de Torres) is a large traditional region in central-northern Sardinia, Italy. The local dialect is known as Logudorese.
    Mostly composed of soft volcanic terrains, it is the most fertile area of the island. For this reason it was settled since early Prehistoric times, as shown by the presence of numerous nuraghe. During the Roman domination it was one of the main grain supplier of the Empire, and was the seat of several legions, which guarded it from the never-Romanized population of the inner areas.
    In the Middle Ages, it was the center of one of the four quasi-kingdoms in which Sardinia was divided, the Giudicato di Torres or Logoduro, the first capital being Ardara, later replaced by Sassari. To this period date the numerous countryside Romanesque basilicas. After the conquest of the giudicato by the House of Aragon, Logudoro declined, until the decision to move the seat of the governor to Cagliari made it marginal. Later, under the Savoy rule as part of the Kingdom of Sardinia, it gave shelter of bands of anti-governative brigands.
    In the early 20th century the construction of roads and railways brought more prosperity, but at the same time destroyed the large forest heritage of the region.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information