Hero
    Gjergj Kastrioti
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,527
    Given: 905

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by The Illyrian Warrior View Post
    Paternal Great-Grandfather village.

Great-Grandfathers traditional Albanian chamber.
    Sa vend i bukur qenka ..nese e ke vete shpine mos e prish kurre se qenka vend mrekulli

"Shqiptar i vėrtetė e i mirė ėshtė ay qė vė gjithėnjė e kurėdo kombėrinė pėrpara fesė, nuk ka vėllezėr ata qė ka nė besėn e tij, por ata qė ka nė kombėri tė tij.” – Sami Frashėri"
    "A true and good Albanian is the one who always and everywhere puts the nation before the religion, there are no brothers who are in his faith, but those who are in his nation." - Sami Frashėri "

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtiberian
    Ethnicity
    Andalusian from Seville
    Country
    Spain
    Taxonomy
    Grazilmediterranid
    Politics
    Autocratic
    Hero
    René Descartes
    Religion
    Cartesian
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,241
    Given: 7,078

0 Not allowed!

Here's my paternal line. My maternal origins are unclear...

Last Online
    10-30-2021 @ 01:48 PM
    Ethnicity
    Balkan
    Country
    Greece
    Y-DNA
    E1b
    Taxonomy
    SlavoVlachoid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,325
    Given: 2,975

0 Not allowed!

書堂개 삼 년에 풍월 읊는다

Inactive
    Last Online
    02-18-2017 @ 11:30 AM
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Hero
    Shkembe Chorba
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,932
    Given: 3,317

0 Not allowed!

Ukraine.

I call this one "Gypsy Kings have invaded."

Слава Путину! Я люблю Россию. Z
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:20 AM
    From Dorset, but live in the City of Westminster (Central London)
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    English, 1/8 Welsh, 1/16 Western Irish.
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Russophile. Brexiteer. Avoidance of WW3 and Nuclear War. Anti NATO. Anti WEF. Against Russophobia.
    Hero
    President Putin (creator of a rising multipolar world.) Viktor Orbįn, George Galloway
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,561
    Given: 27,897

1 Not allowed!

Bournemouth (pronounced as 'Bourn-muth')

My maternal and paternal parents, my great grandparents and most of my great great grandparents were also born and raised and buried in Christchurch and Bournemouth in Dorset. One of my great maternal grandparents stems from Co. Mayo, western Eire, and another great paternal grandparents was from Wales. Quite a few of my great great great relatives stem back to Somerset (close to Wales and neighbouring Cornwall in the West Country,) and the rest from Bournemouth and Christchurch in Dorset.

I was also born there in a maternity and nursing place and mostly raised in Bournemouth too.

Dorset is one of the counties in south-west England which is known as 'King Arthur's West Country'; which includes the counties of Dorset, Devon, Somerset and Celtic Cornwall.

It's a small Conservative-led town on the south-west coast of England. The Conservative Party hold their annual conference at one of the hotels in Bournemouth every year. It's 90 minutes train ride from London, with award-winning gardens and clean and safe beaches and lots of fun things for children, so I enjoyed growing up here and have lots of happy memories with my grandparents here. The town is popular with people who retire, but also with families and students too.

There isn't as much choice of shops compared to London, but there's some nice shops there, craft shops and bookshops, for instance, but not much choices for clothes shops.

It's still mostly white British people who make up most of the inhabitants, with some Polish immigrants. The town is popular with tourists from other parts of the UK as it has the best beaches in Britain. I used to see quite a few Swedish tourists there too as a child during the summer, as well as Japanese and Italian students attending a local English language school during the summer season.

Ancient UNESCO World Heritage sites like Stonehenge and Avebury are close to reach from Bournemouth, along with the UNESCO World Heritage City of Bath with its beautiful Roman Spas, the New Forest (actually an old forest!) Corfe Castle (the ruins of a Norman castle on top of a hill,) Maiden Castle (an ancient Celtic hill fort - the largest in Europe,) Cerne Abbas Giant, the UNESCO World Heritage Jurassic Coastline between Dorset and Devon, (where continuous findings of fossils shows proof of life dating to over 185 million years ago,) and a world-class sailing location are all nearby in the West Country region, as well as the English Riviera between Dorset and Devon.

Steam trains still run through some pretty villages in Dorset too. Folk dancers can be seen sometimes in the villages, and local bandstands perform in the Pavilion Gardens during the summer season. There's some nightclubs there too which people say are the best on the south coast. Lifeguards are on the clean beaches. Ferry rides and a local airport gives quick rides to the islands of Jersey and Guernsey.

There's fun mini-golf courses, horse-riding in the New Forest, childrens motor-carting, childrens mini-train rides, childrens mini boat paddling, windsurfing, paragliding off the cliffs, speedboats, jet-skiing, childrens adventure parks, an Oceanarium Aquarium, swimming pool with a wave-machine in the Bournemouth International Centre, and there's aerobatic displays in the sky over the sea by the elite RAF Red Arrows and also night-glider twister jet planes with fireworks coming out the planes give perfromances over the sea during the summer, accompanied with music.

There's cliff-lifts and zig-zag paths along the cliffs, a pier with entertainment... plus I used to love the fun Science Centre for children in Poole Park and the childrens mini train rides around the edge of the entire park, and the 'sandman' who made ornaments and things from sand in nearby Weymouth, and I liked lighting the candles with local people (coloured bulbs with candles in them across the lower gardens to resemble pretty designs when all the bulbs were lit by the public,) and I loved watching my sister playing the bells with her grammar school in the Winter Gardens.

I loved travelling on the open-roofed buses on a ferry to nearby Brownsea Island, and going on catamaran rides to the Isle of Wight with my aunts, uncles, parents, sisters and grandparents and having picnics a lot, (we'd go someone everyday of the school holidays to local places and it didn't cost much to visit local places, and making things from sand and sea-shells, catching starfish, going on seaside rides and walks through the gardens, and me and my sisters and cousins had a lot of fun growing up there.)

I liked visiting National Trust Properties and Kingston Lacy House with my mum and her partner and my sisters and travelling on the back of my mum and her partners bikes through lots of green hills and pretty villages at weekends, and just loads of things I loved doing there as a child and teen with my relatives and grandparents.and aunts and cousins.

Most of my relatives still live there, my mother and sisters, and several of my paternal and maternal cousins and aunts and uncles still live there.

A nationwide survey found that people who live in Bournemouth were found to be the happiest people in the UK in their responses when people across Britain were asked how happy they felt with life in the nationwide survey. Maybe it's due to the extra sunlight hours in B'm'th.

Beach lifeguards (real life heroes (who don't receive footballers salaries) are struggling with their work due to a lack of funding,
    but the UK government gives £375 million each week to help fund eastern European nations and the government gave over £1 billion in Foreign Aid to help the rising superpower nation of India.)
    Last edited by ♥ Lily ♥; 05-13-2015 at 05:59 PM.
    ❀♫ ღ ♬ ♪ And the angle of the sun changed it all. ❀ø.•*Ø♥✿ 🎶

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Russophile. Brexiteer. Avoidance of WW3 and Nuclear War. Anti NATO. Anti WEF. Against Russophobia.
    Hero
    President Putin (creator of a rising multipolar world.) Viktor Orbįn, George Galloway
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Bournemouth, Dorset

Last edited by ♥ Lily ♥; 05-13-2015 at 04:47 AM.

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Hero
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Bournemouth, Dorset

Last edited by ♥ Lily ♥; 05-13-2015 at 04:46 AM.
    ❀♫ ღ ♬ ♪ And the angle of the sun changed it all. ❀ø.•*Ø♥✿ 🎶

Banned
    Last Online
    06-15-2018 @ 05:35 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Native American
    Ethnicity
    Mesoamerican
    Ancestry
    Mesoamerica
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    Taxonomy
    Margid
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Hero
    Colin Moriarty
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 895
    Given: 33

0 Not allowed!

I don't really have the exact location from where I came from. But, my last name comes from the region of Galicia in Spain.

Then... My Native American side is mostly from the Mexican State of Zacatecas.

Not very impressive. Right? Mostly just desert down there.

Anyways. After my Spanish and Native I am mostly just a mix of pretty much everything else Northern European.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last Online
    07-19-2022 @ 03:53 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    English
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    City of London
    Taxonomy